How about a new round of guess that car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 3,730 comments
  • 126,538 views
Liar.
 
It's a Ford Focus.
 
Originally posted by ultrabeat
It's a Ford Focus.

Correct. This early styling exercise for the Ford Focus project was rejected in favour of the beautifully proportioned object of desire that made it into production.

No. It is not a Ford.
 
Is it American?
 
He's lying. It's clearly a Bristol.
 
Originally posted by Famine
He's lying. It's clearly a Bristol.

I don't think you're allowed to say people are lying in these forums. It's like the House of Commons. You must say "I suggest that the minister is being economical with the truth".

And I'm not lying. This clearly is NOT a Bristol. It dates from 1939.

As any ful kno Bristol was making only airplanes in 1939.

A coupe version of this car (with bodywork by the same coachbuilder) was successful at Le Mans post-war even though it was said to have done 125,000 miles before it reached the start line.
 
Originally posted by 911_Carrera
As any ful kno

Bing!

Best four words ever! I was going to put that as my status a while ago, but figured no-one would get it... :D
 
I can't stand to see this thread die so horribly.

It's a Bentley. Hence the winged "B" that you can just make-out.

It's a car from 1939.

Please find it and I promise to only post pictures of XR2s and Dimma 206s in future.

:(
 
Is it a Bentley 4?
 
Originally posted by live4speed
Is it a Bentley 4?

That is half correct. In that the word "Bentley" appears in the name of this Bentley.

A search on "1939 Bentley" might be a good option.

:lol:
 
Bentley Mark V?
 
This is now a total gimme. This picture comes up on Google with the search "1939 Bentley". I will post a new car in five minutes if no-one gets it by then.

:banghead:
 
Bentley Corniche
 
Thank God for that.

Live4speed gets it. The 1939 Bentley Corniche with bodywork by Paulin, in the style of the Talbot-Lagos.:)
 
Phew we can move on to one of my usual pics so that will mean 1,2 maybe 3 guesses lol. Give me a few mins to find a pic.
 
Okay here it is.
 
No idea. But it's parked next to Lamborghini Espada... :D
 
It is Italian.
 
Yep your go.
 
pic one
 

Attachments

  • whee1.jpg
    whee1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 60
Back