How are you Kaz? Thank you so much for your GT Games.

• Thread starter Lambob
  • 44 comments
I think a quick study of the phrase "How are you feeling after much success" about sums up the current state of affairs around here :lol:

While politeness may be alien to some GTPlanet members, IMHO this is a perfect first question. It shows appreciation with consideration and doesn't immediately leap into confrontation. It sets a tone of constructive dialog rather than destructive criticism.

Well done, @Lambob !!

While politeness may be alien to some GTPlanet members, IMHO this is a perfect first question. It shows appreciation with consideration and doesn't immediately leap into confrontation. It sets a tone of constructive dialog rather than destructive criticism.

Well done, @Lambob !!

Why would you assume that just because we, the customers, have a lot of "big" questions, some which may be difficult to answer (especially from a business / money making perspective) that our questions would be "confrontational"??

At the end of the day, all we're doing is trying to work with PD to help them improve their product.

Why would you assume that just because we, the customers, have a lot of "big" questions, some which may be difficult to answer (especially from a business / money making perspective) that our questions would be "confrontational"??

At the end of the day, all we're doing is trying to work with PD to help them improve their product.

I should have expressed myself better. "Confrontation" is determined by the receiver of the question. Some of the questions asked are of the form "Why didn't you ..." which can be perceived to be overly critical, depending on the culture and mood of the recipient.

IMHO, it is better to assume a sensitivity and calm that down before it gets a chance to derail the communication. By leading with a statement which projects goodwill, it sets a foundation for constructive dialog.

For this reason, I take issue with

I think we should be saying to them:-
At the end of the day, we are trying to work with you, Yamauchi-san, to help PD improve OUR product.

Treating GT as "their" product allows us to sit back and take potshots, whereas if we can adopt the mindset that we also benefit from PD's success, then we become partners and not antagonists.

I know I have been sensitized by the large number of really confrontational and insulting posts on the GTPlanet Forums, and given that we know Kaz's staff read these forums, it is important to establish the positive motives of what is no doubt the majority of GTPlanet members.

I hope this OP doesnt get more votes than the "Kaz, Facebook or Twiiter?" thread! Another important peice of info we need.
OR because it's also an important question...
In no way is it an important question, It's barely a question for starters and more of a stroking of Kaz's ego, Now im off to post my own question "Kaz, did you get more enjoyment out of my 60 quid than i did?" so come vote

This should be locked.

I completely agree as it has absolutely nothing to do in regards to getting questions answered pertaining to the game. Its a complete waste of a question if he chooses to answer it because we will be no closer to finding anything out about the game. I understand the whole politeness thing, but that can be done when asking a more important question. Example: "Hello Kaz, how are you? My question is, will you be adding any of the past tracks featured in past GT games? Thank you and thanks also for the GT series."

So yea, a complete waste when you just could have included it in with a more important, meaningful question.

Last edited:
I should have expressed myself better. "Confrontation" is determined by the receiver of the question. Some of the questions asked are of the form "Why didn't you ..." which can be perceived to be overly critical, depending on the culture and mood of the recipient.

IMHO, it is better to assume a sensitivity and calm that down before it gets a chance to derail the communication. By leading with a statement which projects goodwill, it sets a foundation for constructive dialog.

I know I have been sensitized by the large number of really confrontational and insulting posts on the GTPlanet Forums, and given that we know Kaz's staff read these forums, it is important to establish the positive motives of what is no doubt the majority of GTPlanet members.

These statements, I can agree with conpletely. As the saying goes, "a little politeness can go a long way."

However, I still feel that the OP's question is a bit silly, and a waste Kaz's time. I think there are other means of contacting Kaz & PD (eg Twitter) to pass on these sort of sentiments. Of course, "lack of use" (falsely perceived or not) of social media tools like Twitter is a topic for another discussion.

I definitely do agree that it would be in everyones's best interest if more of these questions were formed in a more tactful way, as opposed to the "why can't I get my way" form we currently see.

I also feel that, due to the current level of interaction with their fans, and the lack of any proper way to provide feedback, and the track record going back to the GT5 hype-train, a lot of people on GTP feel we may be somewhat past the point of pleasantries.

For this reason, I take issue with

I think we should be saying to them:-

Treating GT as "their" product allows us to sit back and take potshots, whereas if we can adopt the mindset that we also benefit from PD's success, then we become partners and not antagonists.

I can't really agree with you that GT is our product...by definition, I can only see GT as PD's product.

However, I would put forth that this is our community (and I don't mean just GTP, I'm referring to the entire social, interactive, online aspect of GT) - a community whose foundations are the Gran Turismo franchise. A lot of people have sunk a lot of hours into building this community into what it is today. For that reason, I fully understand people having a vested interest in the future of the GT franchise (myself being one)

I would also argue that there have been genuine efforts made by people in the GT community to "help" PD by providing feedback, suggestions, ideas, etc, to little or no avail. To me, this is one of the cornerstones of the growing frustration.

It feels like it's come to the point where people are literally yelling, "HELP US, HELP YOU!!"

I hope this OP doesnt get more votes than the "Kaz, Facebook or Twiiter?" thread! Another important peice of info we need.

I completely agree as it has absolutely nothing to do in regards to getting questions answered pertaining to the game. Its a complete waist of a question if he chooses to answer it because we will be no closer to finding anything out about the game. I understand the whole politeness thing, but that can be done when asking a more important question. Example: "Hello Kaz, how are you? My question is, will you be adding any of the past tracks featured in past GT games? Thank you and thanks also for the GT series."

So yea, a complete waist when you just could have included it in with a more important, meaningful question.

Both of these statements, I agree with. There are other means through which to exchange pleasantries, and to express gratitude for the work PD has done.

Yes I would also like KY to know we are appreciative, good on you.

You can't tell him that casually when asking him a more serious question pertaining to the game? :confused: The idea of this whole thing is to ask him questions about the game that we would like answers too, not to exchange pleasantries.:rolleyes:

Anyone who thinks pleasantries play a valid role in business communication should leave here right now.

image.jpg

I completely agree as it has absolutely nothing to do in regards to getting questions answered pertaining to the game. Its a complete waste of a question if he chooses to answer it because we will be no closer to finding anything out about the game. I understand the whole politeness thing, but that can be done when asking a more important question. Example: "Hello Kaz, how are you? My question is, will you be adding any of the past tracks featured in past GT games? Thank you and thanks also for the GT series."

So yea, a complete waste when you just could have included it in with a more important, meaningful question.

I totally agree with you on that, well said. :cheers:

I just want to know how you and the team are feeling, after much success in this franchise. Long live PD & your evolving product. I wholeheartedly look forward to GT7 on the PS4.

Sorry Lambob, but i can't press [Like] on this. Are you serious about this? not joking? Long live PD? The only two persons we say long live to here in Norway is our king Harald and queen Sonja. So again i'm sorry if i have offended you, i am not trying to be cruel to you.

Last edited:
Appreciation is available in all forms..... Just because it isn't an outright question doesn't mean we can't say thanks! ;)
Thanks for what? Thanks for letting you spend your hard earned on their below par product that doesnt meet their own hype or marketing? Isn't £$60 thanks enough?

Latest Posts

Back