How can I ever buy a 20,000,000 car without getting bored to death?

• Thread starter poe64
  • 147 comments
Enjoy your hamster wheel.
I dont grind. I play the game a few races at a time. I use different cars for different things. By your logic once you get the cars you want you should just quit. There is no point in playing right? Funny thing is I never told anyone how to play. I made a suggestion to just keep at it. The log in bonus will help but it will take time.
Best thing is if the exploit never happened you all would be crying about having to play the game to get something and not letting PD adjust the system. Kids here are oh so funny. Even the ones that are in their 20's and 30's.........
I'll leave this horse for dead now and enjoy racing and driving in game and online............

Seriously? 5 wins, championship bonus and 200% is only 250k? If so I take it back, I'm glad I did the 20mill glitch
Whoops.... Thought you asked how much it costs.. Read over that too fast..

I dont grind. I play the game a few races at a time. I use different cars for different things. By your logic once you get the cars you want you should just quit. There is no point in playing right? Funny thing is I never told anyone how to play. I made a suggestion to just keep at it. The log in bonus will help but it will take time.
Best thing is if the exploit never happened you all would be crying about having to play the game to get something and not letting PD adjust the system. Kids here are oh so funny. Even the ones that are in their 20's and 30's.........
I'll leave this horse for dead now and enjoy racing and driving in game and online............

As did the other bloke who made a suggestion to whoever wanted the 50 mil... We are all entitled to opinions but you took it out of context relating finding a loophole to name calling and disambiguation by saying basically people are low life's who don't play the game fair as the paper back book says..

Hate to break it to you but your logic is completely backward because I didn't even want to buy the game but once I heard about the money exploit, I was all over it.
And yes, the game has been out for less than a month so it's too soon to feel the effects of the grind. Let's check back in a few months and see how the guinea pigs are faring on the hamster wheels.

I really wish the seasonal events were pushed out every week.. At least it would be something new to do that would give a decent payout.

I really wish the seasonal events were pushed out every week.. At least it would be something new to do that would give a decent payout.
Surprised we had no christmas event and wasn't there an event that was supposed to come out on the 20th as well?

How much does the junior X14 championship payout? My credits are 50 so I didn't really notice how much I made but I remember it was a lot.
It pays with the 200% login bonus 177k per race for gold and 500K additional for championship

Wait for the January Seasonal Events? But I know what you mean. I haven't got more than 3,500,000Cr. so far. It's getting annoying. And just the thought of spending it in a 20,000,000Cr. just to end up being not worth it, is not appealing. I would have to grind for days again and that's not fun.

What's more annoying is that we don't get rewarded with cars after finishing a set of races, unlike GT5 where we would be gifted a new car after completing a set of races.

Keeping the payouts less & gifting cars with big intervals(either getting a car after acquiring half the amount of the total stars under a specific License or completing all the races under the License) makes the current GT6 experience a bit lack luster. Some things should've been carried forward from GT5 onto GT6.

But anyway, will play the game as my love for the game overrides all these small issues.

We can expect the game to get better with future updates.

The Red Bull Jr. races aren't easy with a controller, but the SSRX Like the Wind event is, so that's what I do and it doesn't bore me at all. Once I get around the first half of the track, I make sure the car is pointing straight and then I surf facebook on my phone for a minute and a half until I actually have to turn. It's the best way to make money if you're lazy and hate grinding.

What's more annoying is that we don't get rewarded with cars after finishing a set of races, unlike GT5 where we would be gifted a new car after completing a set of races.

Keeping the payouts less & gifting cars with big intervals(either getting a car after acquiring half the amount of the total stars under a specific License or completing all the races under the License) makes the current GT6 experience a bit lack luster. Some things should've been carried forward from GT5 onto GT6.

But anyway, will play the game as my love for the game overrides all these small issues.

We can expect the game to get better with future updates.

Yeah, and what about GT4? You could win the car over and over again in championships. You could even erase single race progress and get the car again. And in previous GT's you could win the car from championships every time you wanted. GT3 even sorted three prize cars so you got a different one every time.

There are many things that make this Gran Turismo one of the best. But the little annoyances sometimes obscure the fun.

The Red Bull Jr. races aren't easy with a controller, but the SSRX Like the Wind event is, so that's what I do and it doesn't bore me at all. Once I get around the first half of the track, I make sure the car is pointing straight and then I surf facebook on my phone for a minute and a half until I actually have to turn. It's the best way to make money if you're lazy and hate grinding.

"...doesn't bore me at all..."
"...surf facebook on my phone for a minute and a half until I actually have to turn..."

Right. Not a boring race at all.

Uuuuhhh....play the game...I'm really sorry that you don't get 10,000,000 credits for the first race.

No one's asking for that. But, with five cars costing 20 million credits each if you include the Chrome Line Jag, grinding to get them is tedious. Especially without the seasonal event races from GT5 that paid out 3million credits each time. Now we have to wait for PD to either re-impliment those or have special, super high payout Seasonals. Even if you waited to do all the seasonal until you had the 200% bonus, that's still only 12 million credits. 8 million short of ONE of those cars. We're really just saying that if you're going to put 20 million credit cars in the game, you got to make them more obtainable. Or just put the stupid money glitch back in. I was actually going to farm that glitch for those cars but they fixed the glitch the day I was gonna do it.

Money should be easy to get with 1200 cars and a limited user base. Once again hackers fill the void that PD leaves open.

I'll be honest. I never hacked my game save in GT5. I did the money glitch in GT6 because payouts suck, the login bonus has always been buggy and so I wouldn't need to hack my game save. If money doesn't flow easily soon I wouldn't have a problem with others seeking easy money by other methods.

I understand why people are against cheating, but I would if I could for money. I'm not up to the last race league yet, and haven't looked up quickest cash / time ratio for races, but atm I'm on 200% login bonus doing the last race on "Like the wind" so I get 140,000 for 1 lap which takes ~4 minutes. Doing this over and over is boring as hell and feels like "work" even though the AI are miles behind, but I guess at least I can drink coffee / smoke while I do it :)

If I had unlimited credits it wouldn't ruin a thing for me, I would spend all day tuning anyway, but having the freedom to buy what I need.

I've never posted before but I just actually like driving GT (5 and then 6) - I don't see it as something to be endured. I love getting to know a car and spinning off horribly as much as a win. I understand the thinking behind the grind but I guess the really expensive cars are something to aim for ? And although I'm a big opponent of micro transactions I guess people can buy credits if they're that bothered ?

I'd wish there was a sticky fail compilation thread to keep these kind of posts.
Please, care to explain?
Le mans classic cars: 20 million credits.
Le mans modern prototypes: faster, cheaper alternatives, they cost 3-4-5 million or around that.

I know, it's cool to have them all (I have all of them thanks to the 20 million glitch) however, people who could not do the glitch, I don't think it's a good idea to buy any of the 20M cars, seriously...

Last edited:
The honest truth is that if you are a GT fan you will play it to death.

I know I played GT5 almost daily for 2 years. I only got truly fed up when I had bought all the cars and could never see any point in keep earning credits 20,000,000 credits showing for about five or six months really makes you sad.

However I will never get upset enough to tell someone else how to play the game which they bought. I just hope they enjoy it as much as I do however they choose to do so.

I don't get fed up with the game just because I've bought everything...In fact for me that is just the start of my enjoying all the cars and tracks in a more relaxed way.
I can't stand seasonals to
You can buy credits if you want... :D :P
Lucky bastard, exactly for people like you PD invented microtransactions. ;)

I know. Good little earner for them isn't it?
The thought of people paying for credits makes me feel a bit sick.

Please, care to explain?
Le mans classic cars: 20 million credits.
Le mans modern prototypes: faster, cheaper alternatives, they cost 3-4-5 million or around that.

I know, it's cool to have them all (I have all of them thanks to the 20 million glitch) however, people who could not do the glitch, I don't think it's a good idea to buy any of the 20M cars, seriously...
No it's not cool to have them all, and speed has nothing to do with this. In your recent posts you tell other members to go play NFS because GT is not for them, that GT caters to the car enthusiasts of all ages, and that Forza could learn from GT a more and better variety of cars.
How do you rhyme that with "you don't need the 20m cars, there are cheaper faster cars"?

Do you really need an explanation? If yes, I'm going to assume you're in the age 9-14 group, which makes your post a bit less funny. But in any case still funny enough to be worth saving in a compilation thread of worst GT excuses, in this case an excuse for the broken economy. "Broken economy? Then don't buy expensive cars. Problem solved."

No it's not cool to have them all, and speed has nothing to do with this. In your recent posts you tell other members to go play NFS because GT is not for them, that GT caters to the car enthusiasts of all ages, and that Forza could learn from GT a more and better variety of cars.
How do you rhyme that with "you don't need the 20m cars, there are cheaper faster cars"?

Do you really need an explanation? If yes, I'm going to assume you're in the age 9-14 group, which makes your post a bit less funny. But in any case still funny enough to be worth saving in a compilation thread of worst GT excuses, in this case an excuse for the broken economy. "Broken economy? Then don't buy expensive cards. Problem solved."

Well first of all, I think i didnt disrespect you or anybody so please don't disrespect me.
When I was 14 y/o, GT1 wasn't even released, so do the math.
My point is, if people haven't done the 20 million glitch, its very hard for them to get the 20 million cars, therefore it shouldn't be a priority. Is that hard to understand?

My point is, if people haven't done the 20 million glitch, its very hard for them to get the 20 million cars, therefore it shouldn't be a priority. Is that hard to understand?
I'm sure the OP has his priorities straight. But he bought GT6 and wants to drive some of the 20m classic cars, and the broken economy doesn't allow him to do so without a lot of grinding. You seem to agree on that. But then your solution is: no need to ever drive those cars, they're not as fast as other cheaper cars.
Surely you understand how much that screams fanboyism, but in a very amusing way. I was suggesting to keep a sticky thread with amusing fanboy expressions, but wouldn't really expect the mods to go ahead with that.

I'm sure the OP has his priorities straight. But he bought GT6 and wants to drive some of the 20m classic cars, and the broken economy doesn't allow him to do so without a lot of grinding. You seem to agree on that. But then your solution is: no need to ever drive those cars, they're not as fast as other cheaper cars.
Surely you understand how much that screams fanboyism, but in a very amusing way. I was suggesting to keep a sticky thread with amusing fanboy expressions, but wouldn't really expect the mods to go ahead with that.
No, my suggestion is to not buy those expensive cars initially, first to focus on the cheaper cars, and then wait for future increases on money rewards. In GT5 it also lacked money prizes first but later it increased a lot

No, my suggestion is to not buy those expensive cars initially, first to focus on the cheaper cars
You wrote "you don't really need to buy the 20 million cars. They are fast, sure, but there are far cheaper alternatives that are fast aswell". On top of that he OP finished Super, so hardly anything "initially", and he wants two specific classic cars.
Sometimes there *is* just no defense for PD, you know.

No one's asking for that. But, with five cars costing 20 million credits each if you include the Chrome Line Jag, grinding to get them is tedious. Especially without the seasonal event races from GT5 that paid out 3million credits each time. Now we have to wait for PD to either re-impliment those or have special, super high payout Seasonals. Even if you waited to do all the seasonal until you had the 200% bonus, that's still only 12 million credits. 8 million short of ONE of those cars. We're really just saying that if you're going to put 20 million credit cars in the game, you got to make them more obtainable. Or just put the stupid money glitch back in. I was actually going to farm that glitch for those cars but they fixed the glitch the day I was gonna do it.

The game has been out for less than a month. Just play the game and save up credits as you play. Heck, just do one or two of the X1J races each time you play and save those credits. As time goes on we'll get more events that pay well so you can do those.

Don't get me wrong, the 20m credit cars are two expensive. But they are meant to be hard to get. If even the most expensive cars were easy to get there would be no challenge to the entire game. Patients is the key to getting those cars.

Back