How can I ever buy a 20,000,000 car without getting bored to death?

• Thread starter poe64
  • 147 comments
It's a game, it's not life. Perhaps when you get one you'll know the difference.
I do an that is why I'm not concerned about the games economy. When I have the time to take a break from my life and enjoy this game I do. I also know that GT7 is at least a year away so I have all the time in the world to make money to get the high end cars. Unfortunately my life gets in the way of "GRINDING" so I guess I'll just have to make some time every now and then to play a little more.....
I'm really sorry my lack of a life bothers you so much as well as me wanting to play the game the long way around.

IMO the current economy that we have would be ideal if the game only have like 400-500 cars.
You want an economy that allows everyone to buy every car pretty quickly...why?
The number of cars available should not dictate payouts.
In the real world you adjust your spending based on the funds you have, why wouldn't you go about buying cars in the same way?

The number of cars available should not dictate payouts.
In the real world you adjust your spending based on the funds you have, why wouldn't you go about buying cars in the same way?

This is not the real world. Why do you want a economy that virtually locks content away where only a select few people willing to grind get access to certain cars?

I do an that is why I'm not concerned about the games economy. When I have the time to take a break from my life and enjoy this game I do. I also know that GT7 is at least a year away so I have all the time in the world to make money to get the high end cars. Unfortunately my life gets in the way of "GRINDING" so I guess I'll just have to make some time every now and then to play a little more.....
I'm really sorry my lack of a life bothers you so much as well as me wanting to play the game the long way around.
You misunderstand me. I couldn't care less how other people play their game. I don't think it's sad if people want to glitch credits and I have neither more or less respect for someone who decides to grind. I just don't understand why people get in such a huff about it and assume that anyone who glitches wants to "cheat their way through life".
Yes I've glitched but I'm still an honest, hard working person. For me there is no way anything I do in a video game can raise a moral issue.

Why? Cuz I completed the career twice now (first time with the 1.00 credits and second time with the updated 1.02 credits), I earned 56 623 990credits and you want know how many cars I could buy with this money?? 212 cars, that includes: all the latest supercars, some classic cars, some LMP and Prototype cars, a few GT2/3 cars, a few Super GT and track day cars.

Why? Cuz I completed the career twice now (first time with the 1.00 credits and second time with the updated 1.02 credits), I earned 56 623 990credits and you want know how many cars I could buy with this money?? 212 cars, that includes: all the latest supercars, some classic cars, some LMP and Prototype cars, a few GT2/3 cars, a few Super GT and track day cars.
That just came off as "I want it all and I want it now."
So you want to afford ~1,000,000,000 worth of cars within ~3 weeks of playing the game?

This is not the real world. Why do you want a economy that virtually locks content away where only a select few people willing to grind get access to certain cars?
The content is not virtually locked to anyone, you choose what you want. You're asking to be given everything without doing much work.
The solution is pretty clear. PD needs to make sure GT7 only has 400 cars and none that cost over 1,000,000.

Last edited:
Upgrades racing gear and painting are not required to play the game. So now the object is to own every car? I thought you only wanted the 20 million cars. You are all over the place my friend. Again owning every car in the game is also not required to play the game.
REQUIRED? That's where you're suddenly moving the goal posts to, to what is required to play the game?

All you need is one car and one track to play the game by that argument.

same to you for condoning cheating. I swear some people just don't like it when honest people think it is sad you have to use an exploit to get anywhere in life..... SAD OH SO SAD
It's a game. You won't get anywhere in life by playing it, except for maybe the GT Academy if you play it 24/7. Which, since cheats allow you to get more cars and thus different experiences, makes cheating that more useful. I didn't use the AE cars or the 1 million credits or any of the seasonal money until I finished the IA events. So, I came somewhere in ''life'' without cheating.

And so what if you do cheat without finishing the career first? The payments are much bigger in real life, and you don't even have to buy all of your cars yourself. People want fun in a game, not real life but harder and worse. That's why there should just be a cheat standard in the game that gives you 50 million. Some people want to keep it ''realistic'' and grind a championship with fictional Red Bull cars all day for one car, and some people just want to have a good time collecting cars and driving them whenever they want wherever they want.

Last edited:
That's the point of those cars, isn't it? They're supposed to be unattainable for the majority of people.
Plus no one is making you buy them all just like no one made you do the glitch.

Which is really kind of silly. "Let's make a game, where, to obtain the most expensive stuff, you have to grind for hours and hours. So far, Forza 4 did money gathering the best. All the cars were pretty buyable. The grinding wasn't nearly as there as it is in GT6 and supposedly Forza 5. (And for all of you who are bickering over GT6 and FM5, both games made the exact same mistake the low payouts and expensive cars, and both solved it in pretty much the same way, by increasing the payouts.)

Flawed logic: In order to own the car(s) I want, I HAVE to grind.

Logic: In order to own the car(s) I want, I need to obtain the necessary funds.

Credits earned in a race you enjoy are just as valuable as credits earned during "grinding". The credit system is no secret, the car values aren't hidden, and GT games have always operated under a credit system. Grinding only exists because it's easier/faster to obtain the funds to buy said car in this way. It's not a feature of the game required for advancement. It's not even a good economic analogy to the real world. It's Monopoly money and there are rules to acquire it. Grinding isn't one of them.

The amazing thing is, they've convinced you that you NEED to a) grind or b) complain about how stupid grinding is (while secretly grinding).

The total dealership cost is nearly 700,000,000 cr?
Nope. It is, Hudson excluded, 533,375,472cr. It was 703,181,872cr when the game first came out, but many of the very high value cars have had their values halved (the Red Bulls are less than a third the price they once were), including almost all the LMP and Group C cars, both Chaparrals, the ludicrously pricey Audi R8 LMS cars and a handful of other adjustments.

Five cars actually increased in value - but for a total of 14,000cr.
Oh boy here we go. Another stretch of reality trying to prop up the BROKEN economy. Woo-hoo, you've got 4 million from your entire time playing this game. You're GT rich. You can now be the proud owner of maybe 1 LMP, or a couple GT1 cars. Wow, that's such a working economy.
You keep saying the economy is "broken", but without any actual evidence. Moreover you've just skimmed my post without paying the slightest bit of attention to information about the game's economy.

In about 4 hours of v1.00 I had 2m credits. In about 7 I had 4m. I repeated zero race events. Seven hours of gaming - one day of full time (hey, it's the holidays) - and I have enough money to buy an LMP car. Oh, such grinding!

Let's compare that "broken economy" to GT5 where 7 hours wasn't nearly enough gameplay to buy an LMP car - thanks to the pickiness of entry requirements to many events necessitating car purchases, whereas you can reach 75% or more in GT6 without ever buying a thing after the Fit - and even if it was, I couldn't do it because I wasn't level 23 yet...

And that was v1.00. In v1.01, over 170 million credits (175,926,400cr, but who's counting?) was removed from the car prices*, so now I could afford two LMP. 3.5 hours driving a driving game to grind out an LMP.

And then in v1.02 you got an across the board increase in prize money of up to 170% and a login bonus of up to 200%, making progress through Novice 20% more profitable and through Super 340% more profitable - the whole game is now, on average, 170% easier to earn money in - that's two hours of grinding from the start of the game for that LMP.

Did I mention the 6m credit seasonals? I'm sure I did. That's 20 minutes for three LMPs.

Broken economy? Grinding? Seriously? I'm not a super special player gifted with any magical powers, I just played the game from the Clio RS '11 demo lap of Brands to the end of IA without revisiting any events.

Incidentally, I reckon that the current 0-100% value of career mode is 17m with another 2m from special events, coffee breaks, mission races and one make races and there's about 20 hours of gameplay in there. I generally dislike games that are so short and so over-rewarding, but the variety of content in GT6 makes it exceptional in that regard.
And I love how defenders of the broken economy continue to use their own standards for how they want to play the game as justification. We get you. You think you should have to work till your fingers bleed to own certain cars.
Then you've misunderstood. I'm pointing out that the economy isn't broken (which you ignored) and that if you consider 2 hours of playing the game naturally to be some kind of chore put there by the evil Japanese taskmasters hiding the good stuff behind a paywall, I'm absolutely amazed.

I'm happy for anyone to play the game any way they choose, including GT5's hybrids and GT6's money glitches (nuts to microtransactions). But whining because it might take you a week or so of normal gameplay to buy a really nice car you covet is bonkers.
And I'm sorry, but this is not a shooter and any comparisons to a shooter are "absolutely nonsensical". It is a racing/driving simulator. Even says so on the box. There is no princess to save, or evil alien to defeat. It is about driving the cars, and when loads of cars are hidden behind a grind/virtual paywall that the very definition of a broken economy.
The "grind" is playing the game normally for a normal time period for normal players. That's not a grind - that's playing the game.

And the comparison is apt. I paid the same £40 for Modern Warfare that everyone else paid, so why can't I have the gold Desert Eagle? Why do I have to play the game normally for a(n admittedly slightly ab)normal period of time to unlock it when it's on the disc, I paid for it and I really want it?

Oh, I'm sure you know that if you really want to drive an LMP1, there's one available in Arcade Mode as a courtesy car for people who really have to have one the moment they first load up the game (after the Clio & Fit baby steps the game forces upon you, of course). They'd also give you one free from a preorder, for the even more impatient.

It's a game, what was supposed to be the point if the most exclusive cars in the game could be bought after a couple of races.

And doesn't even bother to try to gold the seasonals, which aren't difficult at all... Golding all seasonals would give about 6 mil with 200% bonus, in less then an hour... that is just being lazy!

And, in 2 days time there should be more Red Bull Challenges too.

And the comparison is apt. I paid the same £40 for Modern Warfare that everyone else paid, so why can't I have the gold Desert Eagle? Why do I have to play the game normally for a(n admittedly slightly ab)normal period of time to unlock it when it's on the disc, I paid for it and I really want it?
In Modern Warfare you could get everything in 20hrs or so. I'd love to see somebody try and calculate how many hours it would take to do the same for GT6.

In Modern Warfare you could get everything in 20hrs or so. I'd love to see somebody try and calculate how many hours it would take to do the same for GT6.
What, including final prestiging, all the guns (and gold guns), attachments, camo and all challenges? Without glitching? I should have camped less.

I've just done a quick math and I reckon that with both the 6m seasonals done, the game 0-100%ed and full login bonus it'd take 175 hours to complete the game and get enough money to collect all the cars in GT6. Probably a little less if you can find a more optimal way to do it - and I can refine my estimate tomorrow when I start work on v1.02 (for the GTPEDIA chapter update)

GT4's races alone took me 168 hours - not including licences and mission races, never mind collecting all the cars. Which I also did. Gotta love games with that much content.

The economy doesn't seem broken to me. 20,000,000 cars are meant to take a long time to get, otherwise they'd be cheaper!
It seems the same as any other GT game, but instead of high value prize cars to reduce grinding, we have seasonals.
Think about it, how many racing drivers can afford a Ferrari 250 GTO after only a few races!!!!

(Puts on protective gear) If people really can't wait, there's always the expensive credit packages on the PS Store!

What, including final prestiging, all the guns (and gold guns), attachments, camo and all challenges? Without glitching? I should have camped less.

I've just done a quick math and I reckon that with both the 6m seasonals done, the game 0-100%ed and full login bonus it'd take 175 hours to complete the game and get enough money to collect all the cars in GT6. Probably a little less if you can find a more optimal way to do it - and I can refine my estimate tomorrow when I start work on v1.02 (for the GTPEDIA chapter update)

GT4's races alone took me 168 hours - not including licences and mission races, never mind collecting all the cars. Which I also did. Gotta love games with that much content.
Please show your work.
And since you brought up cosmetics then be sure to count all color schemes for each car.

In v1.02 I really like the payouts. Sure, one will have to grind to get all the cars in the quickest way possible.. But I'm not the "I want 1210 cars NOW" kinda guy.. I want to drive my cars. I want to look forward to buying and driving my cars. When I get my hands on one of the 20.000.000 credits-cars, I want it to feel just a little special.

And you don't have to grind to get all the cars. You have to grind to get them really fast. With the seasonals and the last couple of Red Bull-challenges (and who knows, real endurance and b-spec?), there should be plenty of fun to come. Just be patient. I think there are a lot of really fun, nice and fast cars to collect, which only take 35 seconds of Red Bull Junior racing (with 200% login bonus)..

So many cars.. So many tracks.. So many things to come in a few weeks.. I'm not bored without the 30 most expensive cars (I didn't count)..

Oh, and.. If you don't have the time to grind for many hours.. Do you really have the time to drive all the cars right away?

When is the economy broken? It seems way more lenient right now than before. One would get up at "like the wind" in GT5 and tons (millions!!!) away from driving a car to deal with the challenge. Ordeal would be to grind for an LM or learn to control the Z'06 RACE. Which was also an LM.. Yeah. Anyway it was cheap, and hard to do.
ON POINT: You would face races, you would not have the car fit to do the job, unless you would do OLD races over and over again, to gain the credits, and then get the car to do the job for you. Rings a bell? I guess.
Anyway, were not dealing with that anymore. Cars get thrown at you all over the place. If a seasonal be equipped with some hardcore car, it shall be provided to you!
Drunk story short: whats your point bro? Man up.

So the Economy is broken,cars are too expensive,grinding sucks,Red Bull X1 events pay good, Bob will earn us money eventually,Seasonal events are looking good,200% sign in bonus seems to help.

Did I miss anything? :gtpflag:

@HBR-Roadhog We all prefer running different races or at least repeat a fun race but one does not simply buy a GT game and not expect to grind.

How much grinding is too much grinding is debatable.
Well that would be one difference between you and me. To you it is grinding, to me it is playing the game ;)

The honest truth is that if you are a GT fan you will play it to death.

I know I played GT5 almost daily for 2 years. I only got truly fed up when I had bought all the cars and could never see any point in keep earning credits 20,000,000 credits showing for about five or six months really makes you sad.

However I will never get upset enough to tell someone else how to play the game which they bought. I just hope they enjoy it as much as I do however they choose to do so.

^^^^^ This

I like the general economy in the gave after the 1.02 patch. But I think the 20 mil cars are relatively to the others way too expensive.
Not from a performance / price standpoint. But more so, compared to the other nice, classic, fun cars.
Because that is what they are. Fun. Not particularly useful.
I am so lucky that my favourite car in this game (so far, haven't yet tried all of them yet.. obviously) is a Ferrari 288 GTO. Which costs less then 1.5 million. Pretty easy to achieve.
But why should a 250 GTO be worth over 13 times the work load? 13 times??!?!!!! Just because it's older. I know a 250 GTO is ridiculously priced in real life, but we are so lucky that GT6 isn't real life. Let's take advantage of that.
But increasing the payouts is not the solution. That would make all the other cars way too cheap.
It simply doesn't make sense that the most expensive cars (bar the RB X2011) is around 3 million. Some a little more, some less. But around that mark.
But then you have four or five cars which cost 6 times as much. For what? Making them hard to get?
But really, the rarity of them is completely shot after the VGT glitch which a lot of players took advantage of.

I know this idea is a little counter intuitive, but stay with me.
Instead of earning more money, the higher tier event you race, make it so that the longer you are, the more EVERY event pays.
So once I am into the S licences, why should it only be economically sensible to grind the IA?
If I had a weird fetish for slow FF eco boxes, then let me grind the novice races.
And even the payouts, so you get paid pr. minute (the time it takes for the 2nd placed car on average to complete the race maybe). So if a race is 4 minutes and pays 100.000, then a race that takes 12 minutes should pay 300.000. NO matter what tier the race is in.
So once you start out, you make money slowly, but each time you unlock the next tier the payouts in the previous tiers increases to match that of the highest.

And of cause, increase the payouts for online races greatly. It needs to be a decent source of income, comparable to playing the offline races.

I like how people defend the Money-glitch.
I hope PD gets to know who did it and resets them to 0 cars.

All them Crybabies "Buh a car can´t be buyed by me, but I did 2 races !"
Come on get serious although it´s a game, nothing comes to you without working for it period !!
Plus people who act like that in a Game act like that in Real Life too
=> get a life first

@Famine so let me get this straight, a game where I have to spend at least 30 hours boring myself to death to get all the cars I like, before I can start having any fun, is fine? Right...

The Red Bull Jr. races aren't easy with a controller, but the SSRX Like the Wind event is, so that's what I do and it doesn't bore me at all. Once I get around the first half of the track, I make sure the car is pointing straight and then I surf facebook on my phone for a minute and a half until I actually have to turn. It's the best way to make money if you're lazy and hate grinding.
I never thought of myself as being a great driver but I find the red bull jr events to be easy with a ds3.

Depends what all the cars you like are - but you can buy all but five of the cars outright after less than an hour of gameplay and there's a covering of most bases in the Courtesy Car selection.

As for boring yourself, that again depends on what bores you. I've not found any race in GT6 yet to be properly tedious - though I'm not particularly enamoured of the Gornergrat series added by v1.01 because the Matterhorn tracks are a bit meh. I suppose Like the Wind at SSRX might be a bit of a yawner, but then some people like driving at 300mph in a straight line.

Personally I'm not aware of any game that has an overt career/story mode where you don't have to play the game a bit to get to the slightly more cool stuff - I guess GT4 had a pretty well packed Arcade Mode from the off, but you still had to acquire other cars in the "career" to get them in Arcade Mode too.

So is it okay that you have to drive in GT a bit to get to the slightly more cool stuff? Doesn't bother me so much. It was a bit more work in v1.00 when money wasn't, on average, twice as easy to come by and cars were, on average, 25% more expensive, but in v1.02 it's pretty unchallenging to acquire a whole load of really expensive cars if that's what floats your boat - much, much easier than in GT5 where money was more scarce (even v2.01 compared to GT6 v1.00) and you couldn't just buy the cars because you had to be the right level.

Back