How can I ever buy a 20,000,000 car without getting bored to death?

• Thread starter poe64
  • 147 comments
No one's asking for that. But, with five cars costing 20 million credits each if you include the Chrome Line Jag, grinding to get them is tedious.
That's the point of those cars, isn't it? They're supposed to be unattainable for the majority of people.
Plus no one is making you buy them all just like no one made you do the glitch.

The Red Bull Jr. races aren't easy with a controller, but the SSRX Like the Wind event is, so that's what I do and it doesn't bore me at all. Once I get around the first half of the track, I make sure the car is pointing straight and then I surf facebook on my phone for a minute and a half until I actually have to turn. It's the best way to make money if you're lazy and hate grinding.

Better still would be to keep running the RB JR races and get in the practice. Those races can easily be won with a controller and if you are having problems then the practice would do you good. The prize is good even if you do not finish first.

If you just want credits without a decent race then once B-Spec bob gets here 24 minutes of Nurburgring pays over 600k and Bob will be able to do it while you watch Tv or serf the net

Don't make me play the game to get stuff in the game! I was hoping to have every car and every trophy all wrapped up in a week or two so I could move on and go blow through some other game.

Who would want to waste time driving in a driving game to get new cars to drive?

Wait, what?

All due respect, but I hate this line of thinking. As if there's something wrong with those who don't like the stupid economy and that all they need to do is just race to get their cars. Maybe some enjoy racing the same races over and over again just to obtain certain cars that have artificially inflated price tags. But that's not the majority. So it's not a matter of somehow people not enjoying driving in a driving game to get new cars. It's a matter of people not wanting to spend hours and days driving (grinding) stuff they don't want to drive just so they can get the cars they do want to drive. Those who like the more expensive cars have payed the exact same in real world currency for their copy of GT6 as those who like the regular everyday cars. Those people shouldn't have to grind to drive their favorite cars, while Civic fan can buy multiples of his favorites by doing one race. Especially when you consider the fact that when it comes to what they actually are, and the cost of producing them, the Civic and the old GT40 are the exact same.....just code that represents the modelling of a car that isn't affected at all by price or rarity or whatever.

so it's 177k per ~3 mins if you'll grind one race. That's 3.5 mill per hour. That's not bad :/
Motegi Nascar pays a little more 188k for ~3 minutes but they do have a tendency to spin you out so winning every time is not likely

Doing the RB championship is the best money maker for both fun and credits per hour, if you skip the Motegi and win the other 4 every time then you get that 500k bonus in addition to the 4 177k prizes

Motegi Nascar pays a little more 188k for ~3 minutes but they do have a tendency to spin you out so winning every time is not likely

Doing the RB championship is the best money maker for both fun and credits per hour, if you skip the Motegi and win the other 4 every time then you get that 500k bonus in addition to the 4 177k prizes
Is that not enough to you? It is to me considering the races are short and easy. Let's hope they add more challenging races in the next update in an X14.

All due respect, but I hate this line of thinking. As if there's something wrong with those who don't like the stupid economy and that all they need to do is just race to get their cars. Maybe some enjoy racing the same races over and over again just to obtain certain cars that have artificially inflated price tags.
Broken economy? Ohh, that'll be the economy so broken* that I have 4m credits on v1.00 - yes, the original, non-updated version - without repeating a single event. You know, before they put in high-roller seasonal events (which means someone can now earn in fifteen minutes what it took me fifteen hours), made it four times easier to get money throughout the career and then took more than 170 million credits out of the dealership prices, cutting the game's cost to buy all new cars by a quarter.

The events don't get any better because you can do them in a fifty year old Ford, or worse because you're doing them in a two year old Nissan. Just drive them.
Those who like the more expensive cars have payed the exact same in real world currency for their copy of GT6 as those who like the regular everyday cars. Those people shouldn't have to grind to drive their favorite cars, while Civic fan can buy multiples of his favorites by doing one race.
Oh I know. I really like the last levels of many first-person games, but I can't be bothered playing the game to get that far. Why should I miss out on those levels when people who like the first ones get to have all the fun? I paid the same money for the game.

Seriously, complaining about having to drive to get to the point where you can drive some more is absolutely nonsensical.

*Much money. Such grind. Wow.

How can you even defend this, honestly? I have no problem with grinding up to some extent, after all I've played GT1 through GT6 and actually had a RuneScape character, but the in-game economy of GT6 is absurd. We get the lowest payouts in GT history, we get the most expensive cars in GT history (In GT1 the most expensive car was 500k, in GT2, 2M, in GT4 4M...now, 20M???) we aren't able to win reward cars repeatedly to sell them like in GT1-GT4, we get the least amount of reward cars possible (previously you earned one with each series), we get the cheapest reward cars possible (Remember the rewards list from GT4 or even GT5? There's no single LMP car as a reward in GT6!!!)...but we do get microtransactions...hmmm...weird.

This is not our typical and much loved GT grind. This is stupid. This is absolutely ridiculous. Moreso, with the current state of the career mode, how do you expect someone to consider all this absurd grinding entertaining in any measure? I payed $60 to drive, to have fun...not to be punished and to do unbelievably repetitive chores. This is why GT, despite an overhauled physics engine that's quite nice to drive and awesome graphics, is still the laughing stock of the sim community.

I think the SSRX race in the A class race "Like the wind" with 200% login bonus is the easiest way to make 140000 in about 4 minutes. I win by a huge margin in my Huayra anniversary edition with a few performance upgrades (don't remember what exactly but it makes 1009 hp). I don't plan to buy any of the 20 million cr cars for a while though.
It's also a good way to rack up miles for the Autobahn trophy. I've been doing that in the Audi V16 since it's the fastest thing I've got.

All due respect, but I hate this line of thinking. As if there's something wrong with those who don't like the stupid economy and that all they need to do is just race to get their cars. Maybe some enjoy racing the same races over and over again just to obtain certain cars that have artificially inflated price tags. But that's not the majority. So it's not a matter of somehow people not enjoying driving in a driving game to get new cars. It's a matter of people not wanting to spend hours and days driving (grinding) stuff they don't want to drive just so they can get the cars they do want to drive. Those who like the more expensive cars have payed the exact same in real world currency for their copy of GT6 as those who like the regular everyday cars. Those people shouldn't have to grind to drive their favorite cars, while Civic fan can buy multiples of his favorites by doing one race. Especially when you consider the fact that when it comes to what they actually are, and the cost of producing them, the Civic and the old GT40 are the exact same.....just code that represents the modelling of a car that isn't affected at all by price or rarity or whatever.

Are you seriously suggesting that all cars should be the same price? sigh...

Is that not enough to you? It is to me considering the races are short and easy. Let's hope they add more challenging races in the next update in an X14.

The payout is fine, I prefer to run different races, When I do the RB Jr event I do the whole thing as a championship.
I did the Motegi Nascar when I was tuning my Nascar, more often that not though I run one of the races that pays much less just because I enjoy driving on different tracks and enjoy driving a wide variety of cars. The credits have been flowing in just fine, currently I have over 200 cars and over 3 million credits. The most expensive cars I have bought so far was the Audi R10 Stealth and the Mazda 787B Stealth

Seriously, complaining about having to drive to get to the point where you can drive some more is absolutely nonsensical.

Hey, I don't think they're complaining about having to drive. It's having to drive the same car for countless hours, only to drive another car for countless hours. It's not like we're really racing, we're driving. AI races are boring and online races hardly pay anything. There's a limit to how much fun you can have with one car, from there you'll start getting bored and feel like getting a new car.

The payouts with 200% may not be bad, but they're not ideal. I understand if some don't have the patience.

The payout is fine, I prefer to run different races, When I do the RB Jr event I do the whole thing as a championship.
I did the Motegi Nascar when I was tuning my Nascar, more often that not though I run one of the races that pays much less just because I enjoy driving on different tracks and enjoy driving a wide variety of cars. The credits have been flowing in just fine, currently I have over 200 cars and over 3 million credits. The most expensive cars I have bought so far was the Audi R10 Stealth and the Mazda 787B Stealth
@HBR-Roadhog We all prefer running different races or at least repeat a fun race but one does not simply buy a GT game and not expect to grind.

How much grinding is too much grinding is debatable.

How quickly and how easily do you want to be able to buy those 20mil cars?
In Kobooi's GT you have:
* a career mode where you work your way up in well organized races adapting to the cars you own. Progress can be slow, no need for million credit prizes. Difficulty setting impacts the prizes.
* a driving sim mode where you can take any car (including your career mode cars) in offline (career mode race events + custom events) or online races, you can tune it, save it in a garage, no money is involved.
Physics is identical in both modes. Difficulty and driving aids are configurable in both modes.
That's a driving simulator and gamification of a driving simulator in one package. Whaw, thanks Kobooi!

Finishing the game (Getting to the end credits) and not have even half the credits to buy the most expensive car I think is for lack of a better word "Broken economy"

I finished the game, so now all I have is online and photomode so naturally I want to buy new cars and race my friends but alas I can't afford the expensive cars I have to "Repeat" races I've done before several times over and over again?

The total dealership cost is nearly 700,000,000 cr? Jesus. Not to mention upgrades, racing gear, painting and restoring.

And here people are talking about winning a couple million for one time events. :boggled::boggled::boggled:

Oh I know. I really like the last levels of many first-person games, but I can't be bothered playing the game to get that far. Why should I miss out on those levels when people who like the first ones get to have all the fun? I paid the same money for the game.
If after the final level you have a knife and a pistol, and you need to grind completed levels to shoot with an Uzi, FPS fans would call it broken and they would certainly complain about "having to shoot in order to do more shooting".

IMO the current economy that we have would be ideal if the game only have like 400-500 cars. Not everyone is a car collector like I am, I don't intend to acquire 1200 cars in less than a week but seriously the payouts should be twice of what we earn now on 200% bonus.

IMO the current economy that we have would be ideal if the game only have like 400-500 cars. Not everyone is a car collector like I am, I don't intend to acquire 1200 cars in less than a week but seriously the payouts should be twice of what we earn now on 200% bonus.

Or decrease the value of the more expensive cars.

Or decrease the value of the more expensive cars.
They already done that since launch, they seem more balanced now but the amount of credits that you win is still not enough. If I could replay the TT seasonal events and get that amazing amount of credits, I wouldn't be complaining right now.

They already done that since launch, they seem more balanced now but the amount of credits that you win is still not enough. If I could replay the TT seasonal events and get that amazing amount of credits, I wouldn't be complaining right now.

More seasonals is also a welcome option, but fun ones like the X challenge which was awesome.

Are you seriously suggesting that all cars should be the same price? sigh...

In fact, my real suggestion would be to remove the fake and unrealistic economy from the game. I'm not here to play GT Tycoon, I'm here to play a racing/driving simulator. Which means racing/driving the cars I want to drive. Sigh, another grinder that thinks everyone wants to play that way huh?

How can you even defend this, honestly? I have no problem with grinding up to some extent, after all I've played GT1 through GT6 and actually had a RuneScape character, but the in-game economy of GT6 is absurd. We get the lowest payouts in GT history, we get the most expensive cars in GT history (In GT1 the most expensive car was 500k, in GT2, 2M, in GT4 4M...now, 20M???) we aren't able to win reward cars repeatedly to sell them like in GT1-GT4, we get the least amount of reward cars possible (previously you earned one with each series), we get the cheapest reward cars possible (Remember the rewards list from GT4 or even GT5? There's no single LMP car as a reward in GT6!!!)...but we do get microtransactions...hmmm...weird.

This is not our typical and much loved GT grind. This is stupid. This is absolutely ridiculous. Moreso, with the current state of the career mode, how do you expect someone to consider all this absurd grinding entertaining in any measure? I payed $60 to drive, to have fun...not to be punished and to do unbelievably repetitive chores. This is why GT, despite an overhauled physics engine that's quite nice to drive and awesome graphics, is still the laughing stock of the sim community.

You're talking as if PD is not going to update more seasonals.

The total dealership cost is nearly 700,000,000 cr? Jesus. Not to mention upgrades, racing gear, painting and restoring.

And here people are talking about winning a couple million for one time events. :boggled::boggled::boggled:
Upgrades racing gear and painting are not required to play the game. So now the object is to own every car? I thought you only wanted the 20 million cars. You are all over the place my friend. Again owning every car in the game is also not required to play the game.

Broken economy? Ohh, that'll be the economy so broken* that I have 4m credits on v1.00 - yes, the original, non-updated version - without repeating a single event. You know, before they put in high-roller seasonal events (which means someone can now earn in fifteen minutes what it took me fifteen hours), made it four times easier to get money throughout the career and then took more than 170 million credits out of the dealership prices, cutting the game's cost to buy all new cars by a quarter.

The events don't get any better because you can do them in a fifty year old Ford, or worse because you're doing them in a two year old Nissan. Just drive them.Oh I know. I really like the last levels of many first-person games, but I can't be bothered playing the game to get that far. Why should I miss out on those levels when people who like the first ones get to have all the fun? I paid the same money for the game.

Oh boy here we go. Another stretch of reality trying to prop up the BROKEN economy. Woo-hoo, you've got 4 million from your entire time playing this game. You're GT rich. You can now be the proud owner of maybe 1 LMP, or a couple GT1 cars. Wow, that's such a working economy.

And I love how defenders of the broken economy continue to use their own standards for how they want to play the game as justification. We get you. You think you should have to work till your fingers bleed to own certain cars. Of course not the cars you like, just those expensive ones you don't care about anyways. And of course, driving the cars one wants to drive makes the game better. If it didn't, then why the 1200 cars in the first place.

And I'm sorry, but this is not a shooter and any comparisons to a shooter are "absolutely nonsensical". It is a racing/driving simulator. Even says so on the box. There is no princess to save, or evil alien to defeat. It is about driving the cars, and when loads of cars are hidden behind a grind/virtual paywall that the very definition of a broken economy.

Back