How can I ever buy a 20,000,000 car without getting bored to death?

• Thread starter poe64
  • 147 comments
You can buy credits if you want... :D :P
Lucky bastard, exactly for people like you PD invented microtransactions. ;)

No self respecting player should have to spend extra real life cash just to get credits in a video game...

I most certainly don't approve of the way PD deliberately brought down cash prizes just so they could milk more cash from the customers. Hate the way microtransactions seem to be in fashion in some recent games. 👎

@Famine Most of the cars I like are pretty expensive which doesn't help :P The total cost is around 125,000,000 and that's roughly 30 hours of doing the X1J championship again and again. I'd like to be able to get all of those cars in about 15-20 hours doing fun events that give you some sort of challenge, but right now getting the money isn't remotely challenging, its just time consuming, and all I really want to do is race people online.

I think you might have bought this game for the wrong reasons...

I bought this game to play online and actually race people in the cars I like, not to spend hours and hours driving round in circles with pretty much no challenge :)

No self respecting player should have to spend extra real life cash just to get credits in a video game...

I most certainly don't approve of the way PD deliberately brought down cash prizes just so they could milk more cash from the customers. Hate the way microtransactions seem to be in fashion in some recent games. 👎
I wouldn't ever do that either but if someone is so lazy to make a thread about "how can I get 20 million quite in 5 minutes" I can't say anything else than that. It is quite stupid in my opinion. In fact, I haven't ever used the money glitch, people who do that don't get the point of the whole game I think.

I agree with the other posters who recommend to the OP to just keep racing and having fun, tuning different cars on different tracks and earning money in the process. This will not only help you to enjoy the game more and all the various cars, but it will also make you appreciate those hard-earned $20M cars even more.

First we complained because the payouts were not high enough. We get the 200% login bonus and we are still complaining. It is not possible to satisfy everyone. Some of us will still be enjoying this game in 3 months, but unfortunately some will already be burned out on GT6 and dissatisfied because they rushed through it. I'm not saying the OP is rushing through GT6, I'm saying "a lot of people" are rushing through it -- the evidence is everywhere.

I wont go through thread ,but I buy / play driving games because of fun of driving. Sometimes, that means I had to drive honda fit or some other cars I wouldn't really do , but that supposed to be fun if you like driving. Unfortunately op got a taste for very expensive cars > sell other cars / go race (like the wind for 150k in 6 minutes), till you make money / go buy micro™money / do glitchin™ . 4 choices and you still ask for more ? Seasonals for 12mil in total if you still haven't golded everything ? I won't go through personal taste , but just can't see why everyone want that 20 mil cars. Got them all in GT5 and it is not that they are 20* better than 1 mil car or what. Prestige ?

You must mean Sony. I doubt PD had anything to do with the decision, aside from forwarding the complaints of some more vocal subgroups in favor of the micro-transaction environment to their owners at Sony. This was a combination of the behaviors and requests of players for credit buys, (I sure read quite a few requests for this during GT5's 3 year run) and Sony's bean counters, and in the end a Sony decision that their subsidiary companies affected by microtransactions have to comply with.

I have never been able to do any of the glitches since GT2, never bought any cars with real money and just played the game and still finished all of them but the current model. I will admit, with limited funds, and not getting cars after beating most of the series of races, I did try one of the glitches this time and failed, couldn't get it to work. So, I am sitting at $7M having to earn the money the old fashion way. I don't think its wrong to get that extra money like some folks do and don't consider it cheating. To each his own.

People play the game differently, some people have no interest in A spec and just want to race online and not have to worry about earning money. Some of you take this waaayyy to seriously, he asked for help not a lecture about how it's immoral to cheat in a VIDEO GAME, this isn't real life, it's something to have fun with to escape real life.

I did the credit glitch because A spec is boring to me, I enjoy racing online with friends who are far more competitive than the ai and I want every car available so I can race and tune online.

People play the game differently, some people have no interest in A spec and just want to race online and not have to worry about earning money.

They picked the wrong game, then, as it is not designed around what they want - it'd be like if I decided to play Call of Duty but didn't like the idea of shooting a gun. Gran Turismo's always been about buying cars - some of them expensive enough to require weeks of saving (or grinding).

There are many, far better games for racing online - do I have to list all of them when this forum got sections dedicated to them? There are games out there that allow you to jump into a car and have a better, more competition-focused online experience than GT's, so why do these people play GT and then nag about how it doesn't cater to their needs?

Imagine if I approached a game like EVE Online (an infamous, extremely addictive and time-consuming MMORPG set in space) and protested about how unfair it is that a Titan-class warship costs 2600 USD and takes several months to build and then it can be destroyed in less than a minute. If I went to any EVE forum and voiced such complaint, I'd be told to scram, because that's EVE.

And, besides, I don't see why people complain about how hard earning money is; I've earned well above sixty million credits in about three weeks of playing, and I can hardly label myself as a hardcore gamer. And the best, as far as racing and Seasonal events, is yet to come.

Red Bull Jr. Championship with 200% login bonus pays about 1.25 mil, and you can clear it in 20 minutes, that's almost 4 mil an hour. When the next batch of RB seasonals come out tomorrow, the payout should increase.

There are many, far better games for racing online - do I have to list all of them when this forum got sections dedicated to them? There are games out there that allow you to jump into a car and have a better, more competition-focused online experience than GT's, so why do these people play GT and then nag about how it doesn't cater to their needs?

So what other driving simulator for PS3 is far better for racing online? As far as I know Gran Turismo is the only one.

I know it's gonna take a while,but I am for sure going to own every car in the game. It may take me a year,but I don't mind.

This will be the last good simulation racer with this many cars on this gen console,so it will be worth it to collect and maybe drive all of them. Heck what am I sayin' I will drive all of them. :dopey:

So what other driving simulator for PS3 is far better for racing online? As far as I know Gran Turismo is the only one.

I'm sorry to say that there's none - not even Gran Turismo's a true and proper online sim racer - and that if you've got a serious interest in sim racing you may consider investing some money in a gaming PC.

Consoles aren't exactly a fertile ground for high-budget niche games.

I'm sorry to say that there's none - not even Gran Turismo's a true and proper online sim racer - and that if you've got a serious interest in sim racing you may consider investing some money in a gaming PC.

Consoles aren't exactly a fertile ground for high-budget niche games.

He is actually better off investing money in a real car that he can track... no virtual world will ever come close to simulate what it is like taking a car to its limits on a track.

For example... here in SoCal you can pay $160-$200 for a full track day at Willow Springs. Show up in your 1994 Civic and race it 6 times throughout the day, at 30 minute sessions. That my friend, is 100000x more fulfilling than playing GT6 for 500 hours and supposedly "simulating" how it really feels.

GT6 is not a simulation, it is a game, and very unrealistic.

He is actually better off investing money in a real car that he can track... no virtual world will ever come close to simulate what it is like taking a car to its limits on a track.

For example... here in SoCal you can pay $160-$200 for a full track day at Willow Springs. Show up in your 1994 Civic and race it 6 times throughout the day, at 30 minute sessions. That my friend, is 100000x more fulfilling than playing GT6 for 500 hours and supposedly "simulating" how it really feels.

GT6 is not a simulation, it is a game, and very unrealistic.

You completely missed the point of what we're talking about, we're talking about racing. And as far as I know there isn't anything better than GT6 for people who want a cheap game with realistic enough physics so that they can have realistic races. The only reason you go to a PC is for more realistic physics. And you won't get anywhere near as good racing by going to a track day in a cheap car than you will on a PC sim, or GT6.

Some of us will still be enjoying this game in 3 months, but unfortunately some will already be burned out on GT6 and dissatisfied because they rushed through it. I'm not saying the OP is rushing through GT6, I'm saying "a lot of people" are rushing through it -- the evidence is everywhere.
If I enjoyed all the content in the game in 2 months while you took 8, what really is the difference? We both enjoyed all the cars, tracks etc and got our money's worth. And sure I can pop it back in for DLC.

It is poor game design to hold back content and artificially prolong play time by making players do repetitive tasks.
Online games flourish by the same because they offer genuine competition but GT hardly rewards the player for it.

I have never been able to do any of the glitches since GT2, never bought any cars with real money and just played the game and still finished all of them but the current model. I will admit, with limited funds, and not getting cars after beating most of the series of races, I did try one of the glitches this time and failed, couldn't get it to work. So, I am sitting at $7M having to earn the money the old fashion way. I don't think its wrong to get that extra money like some folks do and don't consider it cheating. To each his own.

I agree 2,000%. I have a VERY high end gaming PC that I custom built that is about $5,000 in hardware. There ARE BETTER racing simulators on PC.... PERIOD. That said the only reason I bought a PS3 and considered getting a PS4 is for console exclusive games that I love. GT has been the #1 reason I bought a Playstation until now. Gran Turismo for many of us (myself included) was about collecting cars and just having a good time racing with friends (since they added online). But when I need to race every night for a week just to buy a new high performance car that is insane!!! Especially with the cost on Chassis restoration. The issue with them fixing the glitches so fast while other issues with the game go unsolved comes down to one thing... GREED! They want our real $ so that we pay $50 per high end car. Why do you think there is no trading, glitches and exploits for Cr. are taken away so fast and there is no way to make $1million an hour. Think about it. $20,000,000 at that rate is still 20 hours. Most people dont game that much in 2 weeks. Unless things change over the next few months I think this will be my last GT game and last Sony console. There just is not a reason for me to spend $400 on a new PS4 system (That is still vastly inferior to my PC), buy a $60 game than need to spend $200-600 more just to get all the cars I want. I encourage all of you that feel as I do to call Sony and express your feelings. They made PD, they can break them.

You completely missed the point of what we're talking about, we're talking about racing. And as far as I know there isn't anything better than GT6 for people who want a cheap game with realistic enough physics so that they can have realistic races. The only reason you go to a PC is for more realistic physics. And you won't get anywhere near as good racing by going to a track day in a cheap car than you will on a PC sim, or GT6.

I don't quite understand your point... you are saying GT6 won't make you a better driver, but it will make you a better racer? You play GT6 to have realistic races, but would play on PC to have realistic physics?

I don't care the price or value of a car that you take to the track. Simulating racing or driving will never increase your skills like actually going to a track in a real car. Sure GT6 and other simulators can be useful for learning a track; the line, braking points, blind corners, etc, but it will not make you a better driver or racer.

Sure GT6 and other simulators can be useful for learning a track; the line, braking points, blind corners, etc
Aren't those useful skills for a driver or racer?
I do agree that you can't learn to drive from a game and as such you won't become a good driver only by gaming, but I'm sure you'll have some merits from playing gt6.

As an experiment: Take out some of your non-gt playing friends to a kart track and see who does better.
(Or someone call mythbusters?)

No, I don't consider knowing a tracks line, braking point, etc to be "skills;" that is simply knowledge. Just like knowing where the gas and brake are.

Here is a better experiment. Take two 15 year olds that have never driven a car with the same basic skills. Give Driver A 3 hours in an actual car on Willow Springs. Give Driver B 3 hours "behind the wheel" on GT6 on Willow Springs. Take Driver A and Driver B to Willow Springs and put them in a random car... who will outperform who?

That is my point. I don't disagree that you can pick up little things here and there, or even learn the theories of racing (through license tests), but until you actually do them in a car, you don't really know how.

That is my point. I don't disagree that you can pick up little things here and there, or even learn the theories of racing (through license tests), but until you actually do them in a car, you don't really know how.
That's what I was trying to get at :P
Glad we agree!

I don't quite understand your point... you are saying GT6 won't make you a better driver, but it will make you a better racer? You play GT6 to have realistic races, but would play on PC to have realistic races with more realistic physics?

You seem to get my point quite well :P Edited it slightly just to make my point slightly clearer.

I don't care the price or value of a car that you take to the track. Simulating racing or driving will never increase your skills like actually going to a track in a real car. Sure GT6 and other simulators can be useful for learning a track; the line, braking points, blind corners, etc, but it will not make you a better driver or racer.

Simulating driving won't increase your IRL driving skills (well it might a little), simulating racing will increase your IRL racing skills though.

And you're right, learning braking points and lines aren't skills as such, but being able to adapt them in different racing situations is a skill that needs to be learned and practiced for you to become a good racer. Another important skill to learn is reading situations ahead of you, knowing when to go for an overtake, or whether to sit back and try to take advantage of someone else's mistake. The latter then requires you to be able to predict when someone will make a mistake, how they will make it, and then for you to know exactly where to position your car to take advantage. You can also practice overtaking moves by racing online as well and learn how to set up your overtakes the corner before to make life easier and safer. Another thing you can learn/practice(to an extent) is spacial awareness and knowing what's around you, this is a vital skill for avoiding crashes, and has got me out of a number of IRL sticky situations. All of those skills then get a lot more complicated when you're in a large pack of cars and/or in the wet.

I did the math and it seems that the X Challenge is the most rewarding in the end.

I checked three different solutions :

1) X Challenge : all five races
2) X Challenge : skip the Motegi race
3) NASCAR Cup : Motegi Superspeedway

1) You get 1 389 000 Cr in 25 minutes (177800x5 + 500000 = 1389000)
2) You get 1 211 200 Cr in 20 minutes (177800x4 + 500000 = 1211200)
3) You get 169 200 Cr in 3,45 minutes

Now, to makes things clearer, I tried to find how much you win in an hour.

1) In 1 hour, you get 3 333 600 Cr
2) In 1 hour, you get 3 633 600 Cr
3) In 1 hour, you get 2 707 200 Cr

Conclusion : The best way to make money is to grind the X Challenge and skip the Motegi race for a nice 3 633 600 Cr in 1 hour. That's 7 267 200 Cr in 2 hours, 10 900 800 Cr in 3 hours and 14 534 400 Cr in 4 hours.

Back