How Did Polyphony Digital Pull Off The Rain Effects....

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by anthonyfa18, Aug 29, 2019.

?

Has Polyphony Digital Maxed out the PS4??

1. Yes

83 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. NO

68 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. Not Sure

71 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

I fail to see what’s so spectacular about it, it’s barely progressed since Tsukuba in GT4, next year we’ll be 3 console generations ahead.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. RacingFan1

RacingFan1

Oh yes I'm pretty sure it can be 1000 times more arcade.
    You should try the whining and crying thread or just on another game subforum that suits you more

3. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

One can’t be critical of Japanese game developers?

anthonyfa18 likes this.
  4. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

Last I remembered there were no cockpit view in GT4 not to mention visible water drops itself on the car body, just a wet surface that seems to be more like a mirror than water on the surface. Moving in to GT5 and 6 yeah you get the picture...

I think this video
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/12850719/ from member @anthonyfa18 sums up clearly what I mean, if you do not call this an improvement idk what you want tbh.

5. GTV0819

GTV0819

I guess it's early to make assumptions like that but we'll see if that's true once the new game comes out.

anthonyfa18 likes this.
  6. danh25

danh25

[​IMG]

7. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

What do you want from the next game,
    GTSport with just better graphics or long needed improvements to gameplay that actually make it more rewardable and fun to drive?
    GTSport is just a long winded demo of continuous patches / prologue, at it’s core it’s barely a game.

8. RacingFan1

RacingFan1

Why bring nationality in here? You just suggested being anti-japanese. Not cool

Lord Protector likes this.
  9. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

Because people always come to their defence more as they’ve come to believe that the Japanese treat games as a true art form and are somehow developing gods, it’s the same with Hideo and Shinji.

10. RacingFan1

RacingFan1

Japanese have proven they are great videogame developers and have had many hits and famous ones. I'd say they put gameplay above all other aspects, they are so good at this aspect. In terms of fun and gameplay GTs (while not perfect) have always been one of the best games of the genre.
    Anyway I still dont get why are you concerned about nationality...? Are you a frustrated non-japanese developer or something? :D

11. AlanH49

AlanH49

Since launch PD have made improvements to trackside detail.

Watching the FIA World Tour over the weekend not only is Spa probably the best looking recreation of the track. It’s full of life. Spectators waving and walking in the stands & banking. Marshall’s waving their flags and patrolling pit lanes. It really is a major step forward.

Even more than cars, track modelling and detail, has made a major step forward. Next-gen the only improvement needed is higher resolution textures and more effects.

ProjectF and anthonyfa18 like this.
  12. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

:lol: Not yet but i’ve modding and coding for the past 15years, one day I hope to setup my own studio and put out some games myself.
    I just don’t believe non-Japanese get enough credit for their technical advancements they’ve brought to the industry.

13. GTV0819

GTV0819

Not all video game developers from Japan are great though. Take a look at Imageepoch for example. Gone already nowadays.

For PD though, I don't think they will meet the same fate as long as they're improving, because there's still a lot of room for it.

14. RacingFan1

RacingFan1

There are so many non-japanese game devs who get massive praise and credit
    Of course, there are good ones and bad ones everywhere

GT6mebe and ProjectF like this.
  15. GTV0819

GTV0819

Yeah, but the main reason why the Japanese are mostly great game developers is because they're one of the first, if not the very first, to invent these modern stuff. :lol:

16. RacingFan1

RacingFan1

They took a "baby-state" gaming industry and made it grow immensely, with Nintendo, Sega (RIP), and later Sony with the Playstation.
    In the west we did stuff too and we have improved a lot and maybe even caught up and surpassed them in some areas, but credit where its due, they did far, far better than us in the 80s and 90s

17. pedrocor

pedrocor

Don't care about visual details so much.

Worst part is wet race car physics makes no sense at all. Just a pair of code lines to grip in some degree, that's all. No aquaplaning, no accumulating water in lower sections of the track, nothing. Just less grip overall. Disappointing

18. RacingFan1

RacingFan1

No aquaplanning? Put on the dry tires and try to run. Because wet tires are made to run on wet and drain water.
    Probably its not an over the top level of wet that you see puddles, that should be it

19. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

20. Vspectra

Vspectra

21. turk1993

turk1993

:lol: Why are you posting real race gifs in a GTS thread?:lol:

ProjectF and Vspectra like this.
  22. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

Simply put so we can see and judge for ourselfes how realistic (or not) GT Sport looks with weather conditions. And to see how much of a gap we are into getting closer to reality with videogames.

I just have one word: SUBARASHI!

23. silverman_GT

silverman_GT

When did GT Sport get the 997 GT3R and the old R8 LMS? I must've missed an update... :idea:

ProjectF, Vspectra and SDSPOWER01 like this.
  24. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

25. ThePotatoKing

ThePotatoKing

And don't forget the Alpina B6 :)

26. turk1993

turk1993

I think you didn't get the joke :lol:

SDSPOWER01 likes this.
  27. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

That amzing Comparison to just how real gt sport looks, I would love to see a tech video from Polyphony digital on how they did it,

JEverettL likes this.
  28. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

I must have missed it :dunce:.

29. rhalgr

rhalgr

The gap is huge outside of small gifs. I still admire PD for giving us the best looking racing game this gen. However between real life and GTS there is still a big gap.

Pro gameplay:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...3008398098433/PS_Messages_20190919_104019.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...3008398098432/PS_Messages_20190919_104026.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  30. NJ72

NJ72

Have you ever driven on a track day in the wet? I have and if you go off on to wet grass then it really is like driving on ice. I watched a guy in front of me at Castle Comb go off the track at ~60mph. 150m later he hit the wall do about 55mph with all 4 wheels locked up - wet grass is hideously slippy stuff, especially if you're using semi-slick tyres like racing intermediates or wets.