How Im suppose to get 20 million price tag cars?

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 266 comments
After we grind out the cash for the current line up of 6 high value cars, will we be finished?

Are there any more 20mil cars in legacy games that haven't appeared in GTS yet?

Could do the HAM F1 car at Suzuka a bunch…

image.jpeg

:sly:

Bluemoon daily B is worth 33.8K for a win this week. You only need to win 592 races to get 20 million, 198 hours, only 25 'work' days. You could speed it up with the clean race bonus :dunce:. I managed it once, however I also got DQ'd 3 times already for getting pushed.

could you summarize what constitutes “barely trying”? In the last two weeks, I got my DR to A, and got my SR back up to S, as well as worked on highway cruising tunes for my R32, R33, NSX, 2000GT, Evo IV, FC RX7, FD RX7, Ford GT, Mk 4 Supra, Mk 3 Supra, and a few others. In the last two weeks, I’ve racked up probably some 20,000 mileage points. I’ve also worked on 5-10 liveries, sinking several hours into each (from doing research online, finding decals, and then actually making the liveries).

I’ve driven 20,000km in the game, have earned 229,880 mileage points, I’m 100% complete Driving School, Missions, and Circuit Experience (majority were gold on the very first try, never more than 5 tries to get gold), and I have 40 “wins” in GT league (along with 20 real wins against real people, 9 pole positions, and 22 fastest laps). My time driven is 35 Days, 52 minutes, and not a single second of that is rubber banding, that’s all me doing the driving.

Dispite all of that, I’ve only earned 14.5 million credits in total, and am currently sitting on 2.5 million.

Am I not putting enough effort, or “hard work”, into the game? Or should I sacrifice doing the things in the game I enjoy (racing real opponents and expressing creativity) to do more “racing” against GTs stellar AI? Earning credits is relatively easy if you enjoy the single player aspect of the game. However there’s a huge percentage of players who don’t spend much time with the single player, and we get shafted for it.
Who is getting shafted, well I can see know one is getting that. If you want something well you just have work for it by rubber banding or winning race easy. Remember you don't need to buy all the 15-20 million credit cars in a week.

I've been running low 6:33.xxx race times.
ummm... I must have been delirious... 6:50.xxx's.
sorry

I do not like that the fastest/easiest way to earn money is by running "gamable" league races.
gameable = KTM juiced up on an "oval" and/or 20M car juiced up on a track that is ~90% full throttle.
A custom 4hr endurance race at Nurb is worth pennies by comparison and takes more skill/patience...
Seems rather silly.

Having said that... grinding...
Well...
I quite enjoy off roading my Jeep, but it costs money rather than pays.
Same can be said for attending a track day with my Mustang, mountain biking... yard maintenance...
What does pay, is going to work... which often feels like a grind.

My stats are as follows... I've had the game since, essentially launch...
119 game days... 234k miles driven, 50sport mode races, 4 wins, top of Dr.B and Sr.99/99, school and missions at 100%, 9days-4hrs driven, and... $88M earned.
I have both $20M Ferrari's, the $20M Jag... all the road cars I want, all the Gr.1/2/3/4 cars I want...
And am well on my way to buying the $20M Ford... and will then go get the $15M Shelby.
My first $20M car took 3 days of grinding, the next 2 $20M cars took 2days...

Do I like grinding mind numbing races?
Not particularly.
Do I want those particular cars?
Yes.
Do I want them enough to grind it out?
Yep.

Decisions... we all get to make them.

Last edited:
Yeah at this point I'm not going to stress about it. I'm doing about a million every 5 days so in 50 days its 10 mil. 100 days 20 mil. and I think I'll just get the Daytona and roll the dice at Nostalgia '79.

Slightly off topic,do you get the clean race bonus only if you win?Can you get second or third with no `bumps` and still get the bonus?

Unfortunately I know the answer to this... you can come last and still get the clean race bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats not too bad then,i can do a good clean laps then attempt an overtake for a higher position and it goes pear shaped!One wheel on the grass,slight clip of the barrier,etc.lol

I play GT League mostly, and I have just enough now to buy the F1/Hamilton Car.

Should I go buy it and take part in the GT League events or just save up to buy my first "expensive" car? That would take me some time though...

I've been playing since gt3 and had every car in gt5. it is literally absurd what they're asking. at least for daily workouts 1 and 1000 equals such and such over 10,000,000. this is that bad!!!

Well I got a Charger SRT Hellcat as my birthday car and an R8 4.2 for 26 miles.

I then bought the Ford mark IV and did the Le Mans race. I won but the less said about my laptimes the better....

I've sold all the cars I've bought since getting to 20 million and I've now got 5.4 million to get me started on the next 20 million car.

No. In my experience, You have to win to get the clean race bonus.
In my experience, you get the clean race bonus even if you don't win.

However, one thing I have not been able to achieve is a clean race bonus with a vehicle that is a higher class than the recommended class, win or lose.

I'm loving the classic Le Mans race. I don't even win and I'm still happy to watch the replays.

They should definitely put one of these classic cars in the arcade car selection that you can choose from instead of your own cars.

When i did some races last night, I wasnt rewarded the amount you see before you select the race in gt league. I got maybe 65% of it. I think there is a reverse car handicap if your car is too powerful. I did the Porsche endurance race and I didnt get the full amount. I had my car up to 736HP and 86% weight(or whatever was the lowest.) This is gonna make it so hard to get one of the cars for the nostalgic cup. I only got up to 2.25 million last night. Previous GTs were so easy to grind. :grumpy:

When i did some races last night, I wasnt rewarded the amount you see before you select the race in gt league. I got maybe 65% of it. I think there is a reverse car handicap if your car is too powerful. I did the Porsche endurance race and I didnt get the full amount. I had my car up to 736HP and 86% weight(or whatever was the lowest.) This is gonna make it so hard to get one of the cars for the nostalgic cup. I only got up to 2.25 million last night. Previous GTs were so easy to grind. :grumpy:

The listed prize money is if you compete at the stated class, if you compete with a higher classed car, you will indeed win less.

So, I bought the Jag, maxed it out on power and went to stage 3 on the weight, which offers the most weight reduction.. all of which cost about 42,000 mileage points, chucked some RS tyres on it, and went to the nostalgia race at le mans... pretty much destroys the field, though it could do with a custom transmission to be less annoying.

Meh... would make a decent grind if that's your thing! I'm probably not going to bother with any of the other 20 million cars unless it happens organically.

So, I bought the Jag, maxed it out on power and went to stage 3 on the weight, which offers the most weight reduction.. all of which cost about 42,000 mileage points, chucked some RS tyres on it, and went to the nostalgia race at le mans... pretty much destroys the field, though it could do with a custom transmission to be less annoying.

Meh... would make a decent grind if that's your thing! I'm probably not going to bother with any of the other 20 million cars unless it happens organically.

I have 2 $20 mil and 1 $15 mil car so far, as long as I only need 2 more cars that require a total of $29,000,000 more to buy I am just going to keep casually grinding until I have them all. I could always get lucky a win 1 of the 2, yeah, right.

I just want to throw this out there , because i get the feeling that people are missing out on some serious fun/racing. I had 4 eligible cars to do the new Lemans 79', a stock Jag , a stock 330 P4 , a fully upgraded 250 GTO and another 330 P4 upgraded on weight only , after a couple of runs with each car i decided to go with 330 P4 upgraded weight car , i had barely enough mileage points to upgrade the power to stage 2/5, which i did , i then ran 9 races , didn't get the clean race bonus once, so for whatever reason i decided to go with another power upgrade , my first race at 3/5 i got the clean race bonus and haven't looked back, since Sept 1st, i've won 180 races and made a little over 42 million in credits , it's been that much fun and here's why, i started doing the quick 10 second reset the field of cars option because the 1st race of each day/session seems to always be an easy win but when you reset the field you never know what's going to happen, and there are many different race fields, i spent aleast 15 hours at stage 3/5 and when you reset the field with this track, these cars and the speed, it can completely change the way race unfolds, with the way the cars spread out , the speed of the lead AI car(s), whether or not there are slow cars in the back, etc, i found one race where there is a yellow flag every race because two AI cars crash on the straightaway on lap 1 and they throw up so much smoke you can't see a thing, and one car is always parked broadside blocking one lane, it was an OMG moment(think i raced it 4 times before resetting, lol), another race i'm cruising down the straightaway in the left lane, lap 2 , in 1st ,doing about 329kmh, thinking , ah ya, another easy win, all of a sudden a blue Jag pulls up on the right and just cruises on by me like i'm not there(i use chase cam, no rear view mirror,).., after the brief shock wore off i just start laughing out loud like what the ..?...i get in the right lane and next thing i know i'm doing 349, my highest speed up to that point, right on the leaders tail just laughing away....did a few more races with him , hitting 352 and thinking ,how fast is this car going to go at stage 5, ....fastest AI at stage 3 i found was 7:01, stage 4 was 6:53, stage 5 was 6:47 (and i believe it's different for each car based on your power stage),....i'm not that fast, yet, but i don't care , it's been so much fun going stage by stage...i've now got all 5 eligible cars and it's been quite a ride so far....the 330 P4 handled great, i only did 4 things , soft tires, full downforce , brake balance at 0, changed final gear from 4.200 to 4.500( i like the increased acceleration) and then change top speed as needed, total amateur job, lol, .......but it was seriously fun and it doesn't feel like a "grind" but then again i'm used to grinding, so we all play the game differently and do what we like , and reap the rewards whatever they are ,...i would suggest grabbing a 330 P4 if it's your 1st, going stage by stage, you will have some really competitive racing ,having fun ,making lots of credits, getting to stage 5 you could have 20 mill again easily for your 2nd car...30-35 minutes a day is a mill+ , could have your 3rd car in 15-20 days ...as for the way PD released it ,was quite fair for everyone, the first 20 mill cars were released months and months ago,then a 15 mill car , they knew there was an event coming for the 15-20 mill cars but the players didn't, so play the game, i wanted the Jag because it was a convertible and didn't mind putting the time into getting it, BMB with an N400 Porsche,took quite a while but got what i wanted, just playing the game, and by doing that i was able to jump into Lemans 79' and really push the fun level up again,...because i was seriously done with BMB and was fading out of the game even though i had events to do in GT leaque , this event totally brought me back into playing again cause i guess it fits my style of play, you can't blame the game maker for doing something that doesn't meet the way you play there game...i predict another high end car or two before xmas , well played PD!... :cheers:

I just want to throw this out there , because i get the feeling that people are missing out on some serious fun/racing. I had 4 eligible cars to do the new Lemans 79', a stock Jag , a stock 330 P4 , a fully upgraded 250 GTO and another 330 P4 upgraded on weight only , after a couple of runs with each car i decided to go with 330 P4 upgraded weight car , i had barely enough mileage points to upgrade the power to stage 2/5, which i did , i then ran 9 races , didn't get the clean race bonus once, so for whatever reason i decided to go with another power upgrade , my first race at 3/5 i got the clean race bonus and haven't looked back, since Sept 1st, i've won 180 races and made a little over 42 million in credits , it's been that much fun and here's why, i started doing the quick 10 second reset the field of cars option because the 1st race of each day/session seems to always be an easy win but when you reset the field you never know what's going to happen, and there are many different race fields, i spent aleast 15 hours at stage 3/5 and when you reset the field with this track, these cars and the speed, it can completely change the way race unfolds, with the way the cars spread out , the speed of the lead AI car(s), whether or not there are slow cars in the back, etc, i found one race where there is a yellow flag every race because two AI cars crash on the straightaway on lap 1 and they throw up so much smoke you can't see a thing, and one car is always parked broadside blocking one lane, it was an OMG moment(think i raced it 4 times before resetting, lol), another race i'm cruising down the straightaway in the left lane, lap 2 , in 1st ,doing about 329kmh, thinking , ah ya, another easy win, all of a sudden a blue Jag pulls up on the right and just cruises on by me like i'm not there(i use chase cam, no rear view mirror,).., after the brief shock wore off i just start laughing out loud like what the ..?...i get in the right lane and next thing i know i'm doing 349, my highest speed up to that point, right on the leaders tail just laughing away....did a few more races with him , hitting 352 and thinking ,how fast is this car going to go at stage 5, ....fastest AI at stage 3 i found was 7:01, stage 4 was 6:53, stage 5 was 6:47 (and i believe it's different for each car based on your power stage),....i'm not that fast, yet, but i don't care , it's been so much fun going stage by stage...i've now got all 5 eligible cars and it's been quite a ride so far....the 330 P4 handled great, i only did 4 things , soft tires, full downforce , brake balance at 0, changed final gear from 4.200 to 4.500( i like the increased acceleration) and then change top speed as needed, total amateur job, lol, .......but it was seriously fun and it doesn't feel like a "grind" but then again i'm used to grinding, so we all play the game differently and do what we like , and reap the rewards whatever they are ,...i would suggest grabbing a 330 P4 if it's your 1st, going stage by stage, you will have some really competitive racing ,having fun ,making lots of credits, getting to stage 5 you could have 20 mill again easily for your 2nd car...30-35 minutes a day is a mill+ , could have your 3rd car in 15-20 days ...as for the way PD released it ,was quite fair for everyone, the first 20 mill cars were released months and months ago,then a 15 mill car , they knew there was an event coming for the 15-20 mill cars but the players didn't, so play the game, i wanted the Jag because it was a convertible and didn't mind putting the time into getting it, BMB with an N400 Porsche,took quite a while but got what i wanted, just playing the game, and by doing that i was able to jump into Lemans 79' and really push the fun level up again,...because i was seriously done with BMB and was fading out of the game even though i had events to do in GT leaque , this event totally brought me back into playing again cause i guess it fits my style of play, you can't blame the game maker for doing something that doesn't meet the way you play there game...i predict another high end car or two before xmas , well played PD!... :cheers:
Paragraphs exist for a reason.

There's your trouble.... Stock in a Mark IV. Maybe you win, maybe you don't. Fun.

There's your trouble.... Stock in a Mark IV. Maybe you win, maybe you don't. Fun.

Yeah, I can appreciate that. But neither La Sarthe or historics are really my thing, If I race it, it's likely just to be for the credits, so not winning would be a waste of time. The St. Croix race was much harder, I was rarely catching up to the two 330's in the lead until the final few corners.

Yeah, I can appreciate that. But neither La Sarthe or historics are really my thing, If I race it, it's likely just to be for the credits, so not winning would be a waste of time. The St. Croix race was much harder, I was rarely catching up to the two 330's in the lead until the final few corners.

Monza race is quite fun too. 5 laps, barely over 8 minutes, same cash reward

Monza race is quite fun too. 5 laps, barely over 8 minutes, same cash reward

Yeah Monza wasn't too bad, La Sarthe is the only one where I've had clean race bonuses though. Haven't broken the 7 minute barrier yet. I guess it's not a bad way of doing the daily mileage if you're pushed for time.

Back