How Im suppose to get 20 million price tag cars?

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 266 comments
It beggars belief why Polyphony thought it was a good idea to raise the cost of the Shelby Daytona for GTS. At least back in GT6 it was somewhat affordable at around 4,500,000 I think? I'm a huge fan of historic races but only through sheer luck I've managed to enter Nostalgic 1979 event, having won a Ferrari P4 on the roulette wheel. Hopefully they'll add a more affordable vehicle in the near future.

Back in the PS3 era there were similar events for historic race cars as well. The debut event in GT5 showcased a race between the P4, XJ13 and the Mark IV that never happened in real life, something Kaz mentioned in an interview I believe. Back then these cars still commanded the prices they do now, but luckily there were a few alternatives to choose from that were still rather affordable. I recall a premium Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car that went for a cool 175,000. Even the GT4 standard Toyota 7 went for under 2 million and was highly competitive considering it dated from 1970. The 2 Chaparrals were within reach as well. Have some great memories of racing these classics around Monaco in GT6, good times!

On a side note, I only ever owned the XJ13 in GT6 thanks to the seasonal event that ran over the Xmas holidays one year. Never in a month of Sundays would I have gotten it otherwise. Anyone else back then acquired the Jag this way also?

GT5 and 6 both had the 200% login bonus.

PLUS both A-Spec and B-Spec seasonals raked in the cash. You could do the seasonals and each race could have netted upwards of a million for like a handful of laps.

I had huge 'economy' problems prior to engaging in B-Spec and the seasonals.

I used to run the Nurburgring 650pp B-Spec all the time and I would just run them and just watch it as like a TV race with my 4 Bob guys getting me money for the $20 mil. cars.

330 p4 is supposed to be the new grinding machine for the Nostalgic '79 Le Mans race.
Turns out you can get 240 grand in 7 minutes with a clean race there. Might have me a new grinding venue. I can earn the mileage necessary to upgrade it along the way.

Turns out you can get 240 grand in 7 minutes with a clean race there. Might have me a new grinding venue. I can earn the mileage necessary to upgrade it along the way.

Don't take it above approx 550bhp. It becomes a lot harder to control beyond that and actually makes progress slower and riskier to get that all important bonus! Praiano has a decent set up for it in the tuning forum.

Don't take it above approx 550bhp. It becomes a lot harder to control beyond that and actually makes progress slower and riskier to get that all important bonus! Praiano has a decent set up for it in the tuning forum.
Can you send me a link? I'd like to give it a try.

My good friend @lisanorm has a 330 p4 tune here Fastest XP/Credit Farming Setup his tune is at the end of the video, this tune can do a 6:40 race time.

Yes get used to car and its handling,pick your moments to gas it.Clean race bonus can be hit and miss,what you do one race and get bonus does not mean you can do it again (so to speak ) I am now running with no down force and final gear stretch out a bit for more top speed,although my tune is dangerous it is fun and challenging.I don't even care if i get bonus or not now it's just fun
Forgot to mention depending on the field will determine how fast you will get your time,the race with the 3 other 330 P4's is great for this.

2 laps of FAST fun

Last edited:
Did the Sarthe (Le Mans) race myself a few times last evening with the 330 P4.
Depending on the field you draw, upgrades are not required for a clean win.
Full HP and minimal weight mods with an ok tune, (more work to do yet) I've been running low 6:33.xxx race times.
Tuned, my car runs 208mph in clean air, 215mph in a draft.
I have just a tiny bit of lift off over-steer to finish dialing out, and need to get a little better turn in dialed in as well.
I'm not sure those things will make the car/me faster, but it'll be more relaxing through the esses and Porsche curves.

Thanks for this thread.

Yes get used to car and its handling,pick your moments to gas it.Clean race bonus can be hit and miss,what you do one race and get bonus does not mean you can do it again (so to speak ) I am now running with no down force and final gear stretch out a bit for more top speed,although my tune is dangerous it is fun and challenging.I don't even care if i get bonus or not now it's just fun
Forgot to mention depending on the field will determine how fast you will get your time,the race with the 3 other 330 P4's is great for this.

2 laps of FAST fun
I have been using my Jag for the race now, most times I win my races my times are always just over the 6 minute 50 seconds because I want the clean race bonus, and also you got to be so careful on the first lap watching them AI, and there is no need to drive the wheels of the car to get a good race time, as long as you win the race 👍.

I've got about 800,000 to go to get to my first 20,000,000 now. Sounds like the 330 and/or the Ford are the best used of 20mill from what I'm reading? Shame, I think I prefer the 250 and the Jag :lol:.

Well I tried all three in GT6 around High Speed Ring and there isn't much between the XJ13 and the 330P4. The Ford was a second off the pace.

Still no closer to making a decision. It will be a while before I see 20 million again.

@MatskiMonk @Tired Tyres Responding to both of you at once since you had pretty much same questions

I only have one 20 mil car, the 330 P4. It is insanely quick. I only have Stage 3/5 power upgrade and it is already quite fast, acceleration is immense. Handling is surprisingly good for a classic car. Only two issues are slightly wobbly suspension in stock tune (altho it is manageable, i got used to it quickly) and tendency to lift-off oversteer (might actually be helpful in some corners IMO) but other than that it is a very good car. 20 mil well spent IMHO

250 GTO is from what i heard, very fun to drive on twisty tracks, but it is the slowest among the 20 mil classics (very evident in LeMans/Monza straight sections) so it needs upgrades to keep up...

Mark IV is second overall in terms of top speed/accel according to players, altho XJ13 is very close. Both are more stable than 330 P4, which might be a decider for some players, but they lack in speed compared to 330 because of weight disadvantage

Can't say anything about Shelby Daytona, didn't read a lot about this one

As for the upgrades btw, you better accumulate a lot of Mileage Points: ~5k points for Stage 2, ~7k for Stage 3 and ~9k points for Stage 4 required (dunno the Stage 5 yet) so save up

Last edited:
@MatskiMonk @Tired Tyres Responding to both of you at once since you had pretty much same questions

I only have one 20 mil car, the 330 P4. It is insanely quick. I only have Stage 3/5 power upgrade and it is already quite fast, acceleration is immense. Handling is surprisingly good for a classic car. Only two issues are slightly wobbly suspension in stock tune (altho it is manageable, i got used to it quickly) and tendency to lift-off oversteer (might actually be helpful in some corners IMO) but other than that it is a very good car. 20 mil well spent IMHO

250 GTO is from what i heard, very fun to drive on twisty tracks, but it is the slowest among the 20 mil classics (very evident in LeMans/Monza straight sections) so it needs upgrades to keep up...

As for the upgrades btw, you better accumulate a lot of Mileage Points: ~5k points for Stage 2, ~7k for Stage 3 and ~9k points for Stage 4 required (dunno the Stage 5 yet) so save up

330 it is then I think.👍

I've accumulated about 80,000Mi on my way to 20,000,000 Cr., I don't normally upgrade many cars, and I've got most things on the MiEx rotation, so it'll be nice to have something to spend them on!

I've got about 800,000 to go to get to my first 20,000,000 now. Sounds like the 330 and/or the Ford are the best used of 20mill from what I'm reading? Shame, I think I prefer the 250 and the Jag :lol:.
The 250 is my favorite car in the game.
Well I tried all three in GT6 around High Speed Ring and there isn't much between the XJ13 and the 330P4. The Ford was a second off the pace.
Still no closer to making a decision. It will be a while before I see 20 million again.
In my few races last night, the Ford gave me more trouble on the Mulsanne straight then the 330 or XJ13...
Nothing seems competitive through the corners, although, I guess I was on race softs, so, that stands to reason.
So, based on my limited exposure, the Ford would seem to be the car to beat.

It beggars belief why Polyphony thought it was a good idea to raise the cost of the Shelby Daytona for GTS. At least back in GT6 it was somewhat affordable at around 4,500,000 I think? I'm a huge fan of historic races but only through sheer luck I've managed to enter Nostalgic 1979 event, having won a Ferrari P4 on the roulette wheel. Hopefully they'll add a more affordable vehicle in the near future.

Back in the PS3 era there were similar events for historic race cars as well. The debut event in GT5 showcased a race between the P4, XJ13 and the Mark IV that never happened in real life, something Kaz mentioned in an interview I believe. Back then these cars still commanded the prices they do now, but luckily there were a few alternatives to choose from that were still rather affordable. I recall a premium Dodge Challenger R/T Race Car that went for a cool 175,000. Even the GT4 standard Toyota 7 went for under 2 million and was highly competitive considering it dated from 1970. The 2 Chaparrals were within reach as well. Have some great memories of racing these classics around Monaco in GT6, good times!

On a side note, I only ever owned the XJ13 in GT6 thanks to the seasonal event that ran over the Xmas holidays one year. Never in a month of Sundays would I have gotten it otherwise. Anyone else back then acquired the Jag this way also?

The Toyota 7 was one of my faves! Mostly because the car was closest to the CanAm series.

I only have the Jag, and it will win all 3 races without tuning. I installed the Race Trans, and left it, along with any other settings alone, stock power and weight. I've run Le Sarthe a few times, because I like the track, but I think the only close race was at St Croix. The Ferrari was coming, and had the fastest lap of the race by more than a second over me. Fortunately he started toward the rear, and it took the whole race for him to get to 2nd place, but he was digging.

That is not true in GTS. I have all 3 of the $20 mil cars, in order of pace I would rate them at
#1 330P4
#2 Ford (its really a toss up between these 2 ^^, you would probably have to line them up side by side to determine the difference, I think the Ford accelerates better.
#3 Jag (not far off from the 2 above)

Handling/braking/drivability

#1 Ford (I would say its the best here by quite a margin)
#2 Jag
#3 Ferrari (just does not stop well and I do not know of a tuning change to fix that, I use ABS weak)

I did not tune the suspension on any of the cars other than lowering slightly and adjusting rear anti-roll bar 1 click either way to change balance when turning.

@fastone371 Interesting. I think 330 has decent brakes. Maybe it's my driving style: i tend to brake a bit earlier in classic cars

Next car i'm gonna grind for will be Ford. Wanna try out how it compares to 330 myself

Or i might get lucky and get one in DWG but that's probably not gonna happen

EDIT: Just remembered that i maxed the downforce settings the moment i bought the car, i guess that's why my 330 braked good in my opinion

Raised 15 mill in just over 2 weeks with barely trying, I honestly don't get the issue with any if this or does it boil down to most people's attitudes today - "Oh no, I need to put some time and affort in to get my reward"?!
could you summarize what constitutes “barely trying”? In the last two weeks, I got my DR to A, and got my SR back up to S, as well as worked on highway cruising tunes for my R32, R33, NSX, 2000GT, Evo IV, FC RX7, FD RX7, Ford GT, Mk 4 Supra, Mk 3 Supra, and a few others. In the last two weeks, I’ve racked up probably some 20,000 mileage points. I’ve also worked on 5-10 liveries, sinking several hours into each (from doing research online, finding decals, and then actually making the liveries).

I’ve driven 20,000km in the game, have earned 229,880 mileage points, I’m 100% complete Driving School, Missions, and Circuit Experience (majority were gold on the very first try, never more than 5 tries to get gold), and I have 40 “wins” in GT league (along with 20 real wins against real people, 9 pole positions, and 22 fastest laps). My time driven is 35 Days, 52 minutes, and not a single second of that is rubber banding, that’s all me doing the driving.

Dispite all of that, I’ve only earned 14.5 million credits in total, and am currently sitting on 2.5 million.

Am I not putting enough effort, or “hard work”, into the game? Or should I sacrifice doing the things in the game I enjoy (racing real opponents and expressing creativity) to do more “racing” against GTs stellar AI? Earning credits is relatively easy if you enjoy the single player aspect of the game. However there’s a huge percentage of players who don’t spend much time with the single player, and we get shafted for it.

Huh. I have about the same stats and still earned 32 million. Only 5 days driven however, zero rubber bands nothing done more than once.

could you summarize what constitutes “barely trying”? In the last two weeks, I got my DR to A, and got my SR back up to S, as well as worked on highway cruising tunes for my R32, R33, NSX, 2000GT, Evo IV, FC RX7, FD RX7, Ford GT, Mk 4 Supra, Mk 3 Supra, and a few others. In the last two weeks, I’ve racked up probably some 20,000 mileage points. I’ve also worked on 5-10 liveries, sinking several hours into each (from doing research online, finding decals, and then actually making the liveries).

I’ve driven 20,000km in the game, have earned 229,880 mileage points, I’m 100% complete Driving School, Missions, and Circuit Experience (majority were gold on the very first try, never more than 5 tries to get gold), and I have 40 “wins” in GT league (along with 20 real wins against real people, 9 pole positions, and 22 fastest laps). My time driven is 35 Days, 52 minutes, and not a single second of that is rubber banding, that’s all me doing the driving.

Dispite all of that, I’ve only earned 14.5 million credits in total, and am currently sitting on 2.5 million.

Am I not putting enough effort, or “hard work”, into the game? Or should I sacrifice doing the things in the game I enjoy (racing real opponents and expressing creativity) to do more “racing” against GTs stellar AI? Earning credits is relatively easy if you enjoy the single player aspect of the game. However there’s a huge percentage of players who don’t spend much time with the single player, and we get shafted for it.

Way too defensive of a post. Not everything is a personal attack and you shouldn't feel the need to justify however you play the game. From your posted stats I can conclude that your lack of credits boils down to one thing and that's 40 GT League wins. Sport mode pays awful, making liveries pays nothing, working on tunes for cars pays almost nothing. GT League can pay 1M credits per hour and 2M an hour once you buy a 20M car that can win the Nostalgic 1979 events. I've made 46M credits but that took over 230 GT League wins and a fair amount of grinding to maximize the total payout to accomplish. If your intention is to buy a 20M car in a fairly short amount of time, that's what you have to do. Not sure why anyone really cares how anyone plays their own game.

Last edited:
I spend way more time doing liveries than racing, but according to my stats, I've driven 14,058 miles, and have earned over 58 million credits. :crazy:

I've had the game since launch.

Way too defensive of a post. Not everything is a personal attack and you shouldn't feel the need to justify however you play the game. From your posted stats I can conclude that your lack of credits boils down to one thing and that's 40 GT League wins. Sport mode pays awful, making liveries pays nothing, working on tunes for cars pays almost nothing. GT League can pay 1M credits per hour and 2M an hour once you buy a 20M car that can win the Nostalgic 1979 events. I've made 46M credits but that took over 230 GT League wins and a fair amount of grinding to maximize the total payout to accomplish. If your intention is to buy a 20M car in a fairly short amount of time, that's what you have to do. Not sure why anyone really cares how anyone plays their own game.
People keep using “you have to put in the hard work” as a justification for having these certain cars locked behind a grind/time-sink wall. My point is that there are many ways to put “hard work” into this game, and right now, only one of those ways happens to be a viable way to unlock these expensive cars in a reasonable timespan (and that this one viable way, the single player aspect, is by far and away the easiest/simplest/most mind numbing aspect of the game).

Looking at your stats, you’re not an average player. To you, an easy 15 mil would take most players months if not years. Nothing about the game benefits from the majority of its players being prohibited from accessing certain content due to a the requirement of a pure time sink into one specific aspect of the game. If these cars were locked behind skill, or progression, then it would be a different story. Right now they’re not, they’re locked purely behind a repetitive time sink into a small aspect of the game that was actually an afterthought.

People keep using “you have to put in the hard work” as a justification for having these certain cars locked behind a grind/time-sink wall. My point is that there are many ways to put “hard work” into this game, and right now, only one of those ways happens to be a viable way to unlock these expensive cars in a reasonable timespan (and that this one viable way, the single player aspect, is by far and away the easiest/simplest/most mind numbing aspect of the game).

Looking at your stats, you’re not an average player. To you, an easy 15 mil would take most players months if not years. Nothing about the game benefits from the majority of its players being prohibited from accessing certain content due to a the requirement of a pure time sink into one specific aspect of the game. If these cars were locked behind skill, or progression, then it would be a different story. Right now they’re not, they’re locked purely behind a repetitive time sink into a small aspect of the game that was actually an afterthought.

It doesn't really change that people do technically "have to put in hard work" but if one just races Sport mode races, you can put in 100x the "work" to achieve what you can in GT League in fairly short order. I never wanted to spend 20M on a car in a video game and also think the 20M cap is ludacris. I wish it were say, 50M personally. Something about all that work to spend 100% of the credits you earned and leaving you with nothing sucks, but it's the game and how it works and I've accepted it. I hate seeing new events in GT League that I can't play unless I lucked out and won a 20M car in the spin or just sucking it up and setting a goal to achieve it. I have played the game since day 1 and literally saw a 20M credit car in the spin just 2 times and didn't get it either time. As I stated earlier in the thread, my goal was to win one and as the updates came and more cars were and are added to the game, the smaller your chances of actually getting one in the spin. Also, when the game was new there was no single player content outside of time trials and arcade races and no real way to make credits in short order. But now there is and mind numbing or not, there is a far easier way but still takes time and work to accomplish. When the game came out I spent and still do spend a lot of time in the livery editor. My time playing the game far exceeds my actual driving time. I don't even have a PS Plus subscription. Did a free 7 day trial of PS Plus, raced 2 Sport mode races and some lobby races and didn't enjoy it. That's just me. I think when one mentions putting in hard work it basically means that if you just expect the 20M cars to happen overnight without putting in any kind of work, this game is not for you. I don't think that most players think like that, but some like OP seems to. It's nothing personal against anyone and shouldn't be taken that way.

Back