How many copies of GT6 were sold ?

This may be a simple, silly question, but it deserves some thought. I'd like to know, and I'd also like to ask that we please be able to find out future sales. (Like paid DLC)

According to VGChartz it is about 2.3m. Here is the result. If this is correct then it is a lot lower than I thought and I knew it was already lagging behind.

According to VGChartz it is about 2.3m. Here is the result. If this is correct then it is a lot lower than I thought and I knew it was already lagging behind.
We aren't sure of the accuracy of that number and it doesn't include downloaded versions either. I doubt it's off by a huge amount in terms of hard copies but you never know.

Anything similar from the VGC estimates to the real thing will be pure chance and I'm sure that when PD updates their GT6 sales the differences between VGC will be in the order of millions just a day before they normalize their imaginary sales with the new real data.

Is this like asking, "How many suckers were born?"

All kidding aside. Is it possible that this may be the reason why we haven't seen the promised features and updates? Did PD bank on having 10's of millions of sales and when the faucet turned on in December they were blindsided by the trickle? I can see why this would create an environment where focusing the kind of attention they probably intended to focus on DLC was either halted (in some cases) or severely cut back.

Just a thought

Back