How many of us have done the big money glitch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter silicon1138
  • 163 comments
  • 12,771 views

How many of us have done the big money glitch?

  • Yes

    Votes: 295 53.8%
  • No

    Votes: 142 25.9%
  • Considering it

    Votes: 30 5.5%
  • Would never consider it

    Votes: 81 14.8%

  • Total voters
    548
The game design is to blame since it's not facilitating competitive play fairly.
You're going to need to explain that a bit more - because if all players earn the same vehicles for the same events, I don't see that as counter to fair play...

The ones who glitched their little hearts out to buy everything, surely are more responsible for facilitating non-competitive gaming - so how is PD to blame?
 
The ones who glitched their little hearts out to buy everything, surely are more responsible for facilitating non-competitive gaming - so how is PD to blame?

I'd say PD are to blame because they are the ones that created what was (and still is) a outrageous economy. And they didn't do it to please the small, small minority of GT players who really enjoy grinding for their credits or want to "work" for years to "earn" expensive cars. They did it to rake in the cash. Of course, PR came back to haunt them and like T10 they had to lower prices and increase payouts.

Car collection and money in racing games should never be competitive in the first place. All competition should take place on the track. These games would be sooooo much better without trying to prop up unrealistic economies.
 
...They did it to rake in the cash. Of course, PR came back to haunt them and like T10 they had to lower prices and increase payouts...
I'd be interested to see some hard facts about revenue earned due to the credits DLC - the login bonus and elevated payouts though don't stike me as the move of a company bent on raking the cash in...
 
You're going to need to explain that a bit more - because if all players earn the same vehicles for the same events, I don't see that as counter to fair play...

The ones who glitched their little hearts out to buy everything, surely are more responsible for facilitating non-competitive gaming - so how is PD to blame?
Because all players should be on a level playing field when competing with one another. Granted, with something like GT where car collecting is major component of the game, PD need to do everything they can to limit that advantage and level the playing field in other ways, not make things worse like charge $40,000 for a set of tires for every car, not to mention any of the other upgrades that are just about necessary to be somewhat competitive.

High barrier of entry is the eventual and imminent death knell to any game's multiplayer component.
 
Because all players should be on a level playing field when competing with one another. Granted, with something like GT where car collecting is major component of the game, PD need to do everything they can to limit that advantage and level the playing field in other ways, not make things worse like charge $40,000 for a set of tires for every car, not to mention any of the other upgrades that are just about necessary to be somewhat competitive.

High barrier of entry is the eventual and imminent death knell to any game's multiplayer component.
Now I see what you're getting at, but GT5 was no different really cost-wise and the MP did just fine.

Anyway, the only ones who suffer in this way are those who excessively tune up their cars for the career races (something that isn't really needed at all.) I maintain therefore what I said earlier, it's entirely their call to waste money on beefing up their cars, or buying too many of them - but that doesn't make it PD's fault, not really.

All it takes is a bit of patience - I mean, the game isn't going to go away anytime soon and it's not like CoD or any other fad game which has a relatively short popularity span.
 
I haven't played since GT3, I did the glitch, to the tune of 1.2B CR, (200 GT40 Race Cars).

Assuming we will be able to gift/trade cars, I'll probably give most of it to friends.

I usually drive the same 5-6 cars relentlessly and outside of a few cars I wanted to test for a possible series, I haven't spent much. Probably less than I have earned.

Much like life all these credits haven't made me happier or a better driver, but my 250 GTO still looks baller while crashing into the wall.
 
Now I see what you're getting at, but GT5 was no different really cost-wise and the MP did just fine.

Anyway, the only ones who suffer in this way are those who excessively tune up their cars for the career races (something that isn't really needed at all.) I maintain therefore what I said earlier, it's entirely their call to waste money on beefing up their cars, or buying too many of them - but that doesn't make it PD's fault, not really.

All it takes is a bit of patience - I mean, the game isn't going to go away anytime soon and it's not like CoD or any other fad game which has a relatively short popularity span.
You sure that race soft tires cost $37,000 in GT5? Edit: and I seem to recall that you didn't even have to buy tires in GT5, online they were all available by default.

Hilarious comment about COD though, you trolling or something?
 
Last edited:
Guilty:mischievous: and no regrets.
I've never used any kind of glitch since I started playing GT(very first one).
I did a lot of grinding back in GT5 and it felt good(can't believe I said that):odd:.
This kinda sounds funny but I actually looked forward to the grinds in GT5 :crazy: as the payouts were really high and I wanted to collect all the cars in the game(took a while mind you but I eventually got'em all).
Like most, I just don't have the bloody time to grind til' the cows come home like I used to anymore(marriage,work,friends etc..i do have a life lol) just to get a few cars and tbh this was the perfect opportunity for me.
Well,since the glitch i've bought all the cars,suits,helmets,modded all my main cars etc and have about 200 odd Ferrari 250 GTO's(worth 6mill each) to sell for Cr. if I need to mod cars or want to buy stuff as I've updated to 1.02(glitch no longer works).
 
I'm 6 million away from grinding my way to the 50 million mark so no, no money glitch or buying of credits for me. I know, good for you. (me) :lol: And no, I don't have a life, :lol: but at least I can laugh about it now. (disabled, just in case you were wondering.)
 
So you're implying that all internet polls are useless since you can't know the response rate or demographic of the respondants?
You can't rely on polls as they don't account for everyone,just like said poll here in question.
Think about it.
If everyone that owned GT6 in the world replied to this poll,man,this thread would be the longest/biggest in gtplanet.
Also,don't forget,that those who have GT6 in another language may not speak/write english.
 
How can I when half the game was released to us to begin with? And micro-transactions?? I'm feeling a bit salty about that.
 
I kinda wish I could've, but I didn't get my copy early enough. But ah well, the event payouts have been fine so far to the point where I'm not hurting for money.
 
You sure that race soft tires cost $37,000 in GT5? Edit: and I seem to recall that you didn't even have to buy tires in GT5, online they were all available by default.

Hilarious comment about COD though, you trolling or something?
I can't be sure of the price for RS tyres in GT5 - I do think they were slightly cheaper, but not by that much of a margin. I might have to go check.

Racing online though you always needed to have the tyres first, so buying them before fitting, or buying before the race - at least that's how I recall it: I suppose I'll have to check that too though...if for nothing else but my own peace of mind.

EDIT: As for the CoD comment, no I wasn't intentionally trolling - I dislike that lowest-common-denominator games continue to get all of the love whilst many, far superior games don't even get a second look in. That's just a sign of the times though, I suppose...doesn't mean I have to like it though ;)

EDIT 2: RS tyres in GT5 need to be bought and are 36,000cr...so I still fail to see how that makes PD/Sony the 'big bad corporation' or shake things up online so massively compared to GT5...
 
Last edited:
Back