How many of us have done the big money glitch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter silicon1138
  • 163 comments
  • 12,768 views

How many of us have done the big money glitch?

  • Yes

    Votes: 295 53.8%
  • No

    Votes: 142 25.9%
  • Considering it

    Votes: 30 5.5%
  • Would never consider it

    Votes: 81 14.8%

  • Total voters
    548
I would say the official results are 62% yes, 38% no. Add the No & Would never and add half the considering to get your 38%.
 
I have never done it, but I was considering it once I've finished career mode. I usually never cheat but choosing between this or microtransactions, I'd choose the lesser of the two evils. But now PD has patched it, guess I'm back to good ol' grinding for the 6th time...
 
I have not and I would never. It takes the fun out of the game. I like racing and earning credits. I also don't mind buying credits too for some of the pricier toys like the X1s.

So you're that one person who feels full price was not enough for your game?
 
Can I still do it? Haven't looked into it but if it's possible I will definitely be doing it
 
I did it and I'm proud i've done so, otherwise it would've taken ages to get the expensive cars. Considering how much I "worked" to get them on GT5, I don't think I had to start over and over again repeating races and collecting money.
 
I have one save file with the glitch and another without. I really enjoy earning the credits to purchase and modify cars, but when you consider how low the payouts are (even after the 1.02 update + log-in bonuses) and how infrequently the seasonal events are updated, it will several hours of non-stop grinding to earn enough for just one of the 20M cars. Multiply that by the number of 20M cars and you're looking at DAYS of accumulated time grinding.

It would be one thing if the career mode contained enough content to earn the credits through natural progression, but this isn't the case. So the two options available at this point in time are: A) grind the same high-paying races repeatedly for dozens of hours, which is an absurd amount of time for what is essentially an imaginary car; or B) complete the seasonal events as they are released, which would take over 12 months at the current rate at which new seasonal events are released, and I simply don't see myself staying interested in GT6 for that long. Of course, both of these scenarios assume zero spending on any other vehicles or tuning, which would only emphasize the monotony of it all.

It seems PD has taken a similar approach of so many online shooters, in which players invest dozens of hours leveling up and continue to play the game for many months. Unfortunately, GT6 lacks the content to remain interesting for that amount of time.

I used the exploit to acquire exactly enough credits for the six 20M cars I wanted so I had exactly 0 credits left over. This way, starting from zero, I can play through the game and earn credits to purchase vehicles I want without having to invest an absurd amount of time to acquire the few 20M cars I wanted. I'll probably keep both saves and see how the game develops over the next few updates. If content is significantly increased or payouts are raised again, I'll probably go back to my save file without the glitch; otherwise, I'll just keep my cars and play the game as I see fit.
 
It seems PD has taken a similar approach of so many online shooters, in which players invest dozens of hours leveling up and continue to play the game for many months. Unfortunately, GT6 lacks the content to remain interesting for that amount of time.
So you're saying that GT6 has less content to enjoy yourself with online than let's say CoD or BF? That's simply false.
 
I'm done, platinumed the game. Used it to get the 20M cars. That's all folks!
 
I made over 4 million in a matter of 15mins on the seasonals, thats good enough reason no to risk some glitch that could come back and bite me on the arse.

cheers anyway.
 
It is great. No more wondering what car I think I should buy next. Nope already bought it. I wonder how fast that car is? No problem and can mod any car I want. Oh no that car ended up being crap.... who cares put it in the stockyard. No way I have to spend 300,000 just to chassis refresh? Pocket change. And if it ever bites me in the butt and I loose all my cars... At least I Know which ones are worth buying again.
 
Numbers do tell > about 50% of us play without money glitch™ [but 7% still considering it]:D
 
I haven't why would you ever buy a game if you don't play it the way it's supposed to?

Not everyone has the time to redo races over and over and over. I can't even imagine how many hours I would have to put in to own the most expensive cars in the game.

I haven't done the glitch but will happily do it (if it's still possible).
 
I had once thought about it but finally decided against it.

Earning hard earned money is way more satisfying than getting it for free.

Hope I'm being sane?:rolleyes:
 
Not everyone has the time to redo races over and over and over. I can't even imagine how many hours I would have to put in to own the most expensive cars in the game.

I haven't done the glitch but will happily do it (if it's still possible).
Redo... Pff it ain't that hard. ;)
And for people who don't have the time to use a game: THERE ARE MICRO TRANSACTIONS....
 
I had once thought about it but finally decided against it.

Earning hard earned money is way more satisfying than getting it for free.

Hope I'm being sane?:rolleyes:


It isn't money. It's a number on a virtual game.

I did it and ATM I have all the cars I want and more than 70 Ferrari GTO to sell if I need to. I've bought some expensive cars already since 1.02 and I didn't need to sell even one. I love to play the game but not in the way PD wanted me to play it. I want to have in my garage all the cars I want and race them and photoshoot tem when I want to. I'm not interested or do I have the time to race over and over against poor AI to reach a "vitrual number of something that isn't money" to get what I want.

:)
 
Nope. Yesterday I ran some seasonal events and the X14 Junior Championship and got from 200k to 3 million, then 500k, then 3 million again. ;)
 
So you're saying that GT6 has less content to enjoy yourself with online than let's say CoD or BF? That's simply false.

What I meant was GT6 has no leveling system to speak of, nothing to really keep you coming back aside from credits. The gameplay may be fun, but I find that GT6 leaves me feeling as if I haven't accomplished anything, whereas reaching the next level in COD, I felt as if I had accomplished something tangible, as idiotic as that may sound.

Without "perks" and unlockables, a leveling system in GT6 doesn't seem to have a purpose and incorporating "perks" into GT6 would take the game far from a driving simulation and turn it into an arcade racer, which I think we all can agree is not the ideal path for the GT series. Like I said in my previous post, the career mode in GT6 is simply far too lacking of content for me to see myself still playing 8 months down the road.
 
Last edited:
Redo... Pff it ain't that hard. ;)
And for people who don't have the time to use a game: THERE ARE MICRO TRANSACTIONS....

You mean paying the price of the game over to buy one car? You've got to be kidding.

I never said anything about being hard, i said its time consuming. Besides, who are you to tell people how they should play the game? If you think you're being moral or loyal to the developers by not doing the glitch then then that's your loss, micro transactions are immoral from PD's end if you ask me
 
I have because at the beginning of the game it was just not fun to be getting 5-10k/race.

I still have about 15 250 GTO's in my stockyard waiting to be sold if I do run short of money ;)
 
Gt is like a career for me. I shouldn't have to start my career over just cause a new game comes out. Online is the only racing I do. I'd rather pay 60 bux for a lot of new content on gt5 then get a new disc and start at zero.

I believe polyphony left the glitch for us, the hardcore gt fans, to get to where we left off, then fix it within a few weeks.

I have every single car! I'm not bored, I'm not grinding, I'm racing!!
 
I haven't no. I have had my original Ltd Edition 1 Mil of Bonus Credits & 200% Daily Payouts since It was Implemented and have earned 15 Million Credits so far in game, 75% Through the game currently and I'm enjoying the fact I didn't cheat to get there.
 
I might do it, but I don't wanna lose any of my progress on the events, and wait for the bloody update that takes like more than an hour for me. Can someone clarify if it does any of this stuff?
 
Back