How many of you will continue to play GT6?

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 156 comments
Inspired by Le Mans, a recent profile post by @Grandea GTR and a comment by @Cowboy I decided to do a mini-endurance race in arcade mode: 10 laps around Circuit de la Sarthe with a stock Peugeot 106 S16 on comfort mediums and no assists.

It was great fun! The AI was very competitive, had to fight hard for every position from about 7th and above. Reached 3rd place and tried my best to catch up with 2nd place, but it was just slightly out of reach. The last three laps of the race were all new fastest laps for me, really pushed the car to the limits there (both the car's and the track's).

Recorded some of the replay footage and made a cheesy trailer in iMovie :P

Include me, because I want to drive deceased premium cars(cars that PD should've added to GT Sport as an update) such as S13 Coupe, S15, and E60.

Last edited:
For all the mates out there who want to keep up with gt6 , we have 2 Hub here ,the challenge Hub and the GT6 My Home Hub.
We are a small but very good company challenging our selfs with great fun in those 2 Hubs.
We " overtake " the end of online era and continue to have fun with many types of competitions ,easy ones, funny ones ,hard ones so everybody can take place the way he likes.
Old school guys or newbies like me ( start gt6 in 2018) don't hesitate to take place and join us, there is a " room " for everyone, fast or not , rusty one or not .

I'm coming back to the Gt5 and Gt6 in the downtime between updates on GT Sport.

I'm finding a lot of the races a fair bit easier as the model now feels abbreviated over GTS.

I never really cared for the Moon missions or Sierra Andalucia however they arent too bad now.

I really really still dont care for Goodwood nor did I do too well at the RBR Junior or x2014 races but may give that a go.

I'm coming back to the Gt5 and Gt6 in the downtime between updates on GT Sport.

I'm finding a lot of the races a fair bit easier as the model now feels abbreviated over GTS.

I never really cared for the Moon missions or Sierra Andalucia however they arent too bad now.

I really really still dont care for Goodwood nor did I do too well at the RBR Junior or x2014 races but may give that a go.
If you are looking for some racing in GT6 check out the CHALLENGE HUB.

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but it seemed like the best to do.

I finally got hold of a used copy of GT6, but i am having massive difficulties installing the updates, the same difficulties i've read about in the thread on theEU plastation forum (https://community.eu.playstation.co...T6-Updating-Instructions/td-p/22766000/page/1) .

(i'm stuck at the ingame installation of update 1.08 (i guess, could be 1.09), i had to wait for 100minutes way more than 100minutes...)

So it will be a while before i can join...

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but it seemed like the best to do.

I finally got hold of a used copy of GT6, but i am having massive difficulties installing the updates, the same difficulties i've read about in the thread on theEU plastation forum (https://community.eu.playstation.co...T6-Updating-Instructions/td-p/22766000/page/1) .

(i'm stuck at the ingame installation of update 1.08 (i guess, could be 1.09), i had to wait for 100minutes way more than 100minutes...)

So it will be a while before i can join...
I had to re-download mine to, I didn't have any problems it just took a very long time.
When you get it sorted check out the CHALLENGE HUB.

Not sure why anyone stills plays it. GT Sport reigns supreme. Let it go, let it go, let it go.

Question is, how many of us requesting it will get us a "GT Classic (remastered)" - GT6, standalone (so as to not upset GT Sport) with track editor, $50m to start and updated textures on existing models.
That I'd happily pay a premium price for!

Question is, how many of us requesting it will get us a "GT Classic (remastered)" - GT6, standalone (so as to not upset GT Sport) with track editor, $50m to start and updated textures on existing models.
That I'd happily pay a premium price for!
With much better looking Standard cars.

Not sure why anyone stills plays it.

Have you asked anyone here why they still play it? If you did, maybe you would then be sure.

GT Sport reigns supreme.

For you maybe, but for many people here, quite clearly it doesn't.

Let it go, let it go, let it go.

I see no sense in telling people to let go of a game that they still like, enjoy, & play. Why on earth would you tell anyone to do that?

VBR
Have you asked anyone here why they still play it? If you did, maybe you would then be sure.

I see no sense in telling people to let go of a game that they still like, enjoy, & play. Why on earth would you tell anyone to do that?
You tell em

Not sure why anyone stills plays it. GT Sport reigns supreme. Let it go, let it go, let it go.
Speak for yourself. I still play Gran Turismo 1 never mind 6. Are you unsure on why I play that too? Oh I forgot, GT Sport* reigns supreme doesn’t it :rolleyes:

Speak for yourself. I still play Gran Turismo 1 never mind 6. Are you unsure on why I play that too? Oh I forgot, GT Sport* reigns supreme doesn’t it :rolleyes:
Yes it does, bet you still watch a tube TV too. Step into the future with the rest of us.

VBR

I probably played more GT5 and 6 more than most here. But better technology came along. Same reason no one still uses Windows 3.1

Yes it does, bet you still watch a tube TV too. Step into the future with the rest of us.
Would you like a picture of my TV Mr. Tube man? Of course I’ll have GT6 on my tv to keep it on subject. 👍

Who is “us” by the way? I don’t see many people agreeing with you that GT Sport is supreme. Sorry. :dunce:

Would you like a picture of my TV Mr. Tube man? Of course I’ll have GT6 on my tv to keep it on subject. 👍

Who is “us” by the way? I don’t see many people agreeing with you that GT Sport is supreme. Sorry. :dunce:
Funny, do you know what a tube tv is?

I'd hate to see what you think of me, I'm listening to Robert Johnson right now and he's been dead since 1938. :scared:

Funny, do you know what a tub tv is?

A tub tv? Never heard of it, sounds kind of dangerous though.

VBR
Whether it's better or not is a matter of opinion, & you seem to be mistaking your opinion for fact. Some people prefer older GT games over GT Sport, get over it.
It is a fact that better technology came along.

Then you should be able to understand why some people still play it.
I really don't. Maybe if the online was still working but it's not. Just like GT6 came out I never looked back at GT5. GT Sport is just better and I've moved on.

Back