How many of you will continue to play GT6?

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 156 comments
I really don't. Maybe if the online was still working but it's not. Just like GT6 came out I never looked back at GT5. GT Sport is just better and I've moved on.

So to recap: you find it hard to understand how people can play a good game.

I really don't. Maybe if the online was still working but it's not. Just like GT6 came out I never looked back at GT5. GT Sport is just better and I've moved on.
They killed the game too early in my honest opinion, but you just can't tell everyone to move to the PS4/PS4 Pro. Maybe they want to keep the olden Gran Turismo spirit alive, however. What you are doing is quite the opposite of what keeping a game a live is. There are many ways to dismiss the online features and play GT Mode like anyone else. I've played Sport it isn't all what is cracked up to be, maybe it's me, but I can't get into it and it's "GT Mode" campaign. I casually go on, and GT: Sport won't last long, what your going to do about that then? Move on? Skimp what you haven't progressed on? Make multiple playthroughs (well you can't do that with Sport, unless multi-accounting). What I'm trying to say is that people play the older GT games either because they grew up with the franchise GT1 through the current, or they just want to skip Sport because it's Online Only and won't last long.

Just something to think about before you do anything because I can do multiple playthroughs of old GT games and have a different experience every time, why? Because I can make the game myself to be fun without online features.

GTS has been getting a healthy dose of GT6 premium cars lately and has continued to expand on the road cars we all have come to enjoy from GT.

Absolutely nothing wrong with GT6 as the game was one of my favorites from the entire series but killing the online play really did it in for a lot of us. I know myself and Ynot run our own leagues and join in others so Lobby racing is a huge part of the game play.

I don't do Sport Mode in GTS because it just sucks but everything else has really come along way since it's release. The graphics of the cars and tracks are just stunning not to mention they sound so much better too. So if you enjoy the street cars in GT6 your really missing out on how much better they are now in GTS. You don't have to stop playing GT6 but your robbing yourself if you don't have GTS to enjoy them on a much more detailed level.

Last edited:
GTS has been getting a healthy dose of GT6 premium cars lately and has continued to expand on the road cars we all have come to enjoy from GT.

Absolutely nothing wrong with GT6 as the game was one of my favorites from the entire series but killing the online play really did it in for a lot of us. I know myself and Ynot run our own leagues and join in others so Lobby racing is a huge part of the game play.

I don't do Sport Mode in GTS because it just sucks but everything else has really come along way since it's release. The graphics of the cars and tracks are just stunning not to mention they sound so much better to. So if you enjoy the street cars in GT6 your really missing out on how much better they are now in GTS. You don't have to stop playing GT6 but your robbing yourself if you don't have GTS to enjoy them on a much more detailed level.
Couldn't have said it better myself

I will still play Gran Turismo 6 as a fan and as a general game player. There was a connection this game provided that GT5 didn't for me. None of the six regular GTs are any GTs I don't want to play ever again. Could some GTs be better? Absolutely. But let's not be like, "you're not missing anything" when talking about any of the past Gran Turismo titles. Even Tourist Trophy is still worth playing. So while I haven't used my PlayStation 3 of late, I still will want to do anything from races to hot lapping in GT6. I'm not done with any GT until I just somehow entirely give up on Gran Turismo.

I will still play Gran Turismo 6 as a fan and as a general game player. There was a connection this game provided that GT5 didn't for me. None of the six regular GTs are any GTs I don't want to play ever again. Could some GTs be better? Absolutely. But let's not be like, "you're not missing anything" when talking about any of the past Gran Turismo titles. Even Tourist Trophy is still worth playing. So while I haven't used my PlayStation 3 of late, I still will want to do anything from races to hot lapping in GT6. I'm not done with any GT until I just somehow entirely give up on Gran Turismo.
If your looking for a bit of racing on gt6 come and join the GT6 CHALLE HUB,
the link is out the bottom of my posts

Not sure why anyone stills plays it. GT Sport reigns supreme. Let it go, let it go, let it go.
Yes
It reigns so so supreme that i used the money for a PS4 to upgrade my PC and get myself ACC waiting for GTR3
A PC that let me use my good G27 wheel and almost all my old games that i still enjoy

PS4 doesn't run my old PS3 games and forces me to buy a new wheel to play racing games

So ACC reigns supreme! It's the future! Not limited PS4! Let it go! :D

And i still enjoy GT6 better than any FIA endorsed GTS so i don't need to move to money grabbing PS4 ;)

Yes
It reigns so so supreme that i used the money for a PS4 to upgrade my PC and get myself ACC waiting for GTR3
A PC that let me use my good G27 wheel and almost all my old games that i still enjoy

PS4 doesn't run my old PS3 games and forces me to buy a new wheel to play racing games

So ACC reigns supreme! It's the future! Not limited PS4! Let it go! :D

And i still enjoy GT6 better than any FIA endorsed GTS so i don't need to move to money grabbing PS4 ;)
Yawn

Without any sort of hybridding in GT6 unless you jailbreak your console, what will make you enjoy play this game more than GT5?

Without any sort of hybridding in GT6 unless you jailbreak your console, what will make you enjoy play this game more than GT5?
The game's very good photomode could be enough to answer this. There are many tracks with beautiful scenery (like Sierra or Matterhorn) you can play with. The car list helps, as it provides more ideas for nice car/track combos.
GT5 is pretty much similar in that aspect, no doubt about that, but GT6's simple orientation makes it more addictive.
Of course, some people will rightly say: "yeah, but GT Sport does it better as well"
Well, besides people who like the eye-candy stuff, there are also people who are (just a little) less demanding in their game, and I obviously can't force them with a magic spell to take my way if I disagree with them.
So, we can keep our preferences for ourselves, I guess.

The game's very good photomode could be enough to answer this. There are many tracks with beautiful scenery (like Sierra or Matterhorn) you can play with. The car list helps, as it provides more ideas for nice car/track combos.
GT5 is pretty much similar in that aspect, no doubt about that, but GT6's simple orientation makes it more addictive.
Of course, some people will rightly say: "yeah, but GT Sport does it better as well"
Well, besides people who like the eye-candy stuff, there are also people who are (just a little) less demanding in their game, and I obviously can't force them with a magic spell to take my way if I disagree with them.
So, we can keep our preferences for ourselves, I guess.
Well said mate

Would never dream of telling anyone to "move on", esp as I was playing Gt6 up until a few months ago.
But just wanted to add, IF you have thought of "moving on" and don't think GTS is the answer, give Forza 7 a look.
It's 700+ cars out of the box (all with two choices of interiors.) is more than a match for GT6s selection.
It has many of the same real life tracks; Bathurst, Brands Hatch, Daytona, Laguna Seca, Le Mans, Monza, Nurburgring & Spa.
Some with weather effects without the frame rate drop.
And with all assists off, coupled with manual w/clutch and simulation steering it's not the pure arcade experience many claim it is.
The career is all over the place with truck or buggy races, but you always have a choice to ignore those and you get to choose the length of races too. You don't have to grind for cars, although you could if you wanted to!
I always remember one of the gt6 demo races cruelly showing a classic car race at Le Mans not in the game, but with Forza 7's free play it's easy to
create that race and many, many others. Apart from not being able to race against custom liveries in free play I couldn't be happier with the switch,
between the career and free play and fun community events (time trials and photo competitions etc) there's not enough hours in the day. (or evening in my case.)

Last edited:
I would've upgraded to GTS from GT6 but I still feel GTS has much lesser cars, lesser tracks & lesser offline content. I can wait patiently till loads of content are added into GTS.

I would've upgraded to GTS from GT6 but I still feel GTS has much lesser cars, lesser tracks & lesser offline content. I can wait patiently till loads of content are added into GTS.

Let me start off by saying that I'm not here to tell you GTS is perfect because its nowhere near it. Its missing features that were once in past GT titles that really need to be brought back. This game still needs a lot of work but the car & track list don't even make my top 10 of complaints.

GTS has right around 300 car in it now. I've been playing this game every single day for over a year. Add in the fact that GTS gives you a free car every day for playing and I still don't own all the cars in this game.
Money is not easily made like it was in GT6 so it will take you awhile to get everything. If your waiting for more cars like in GT6 then it would take you 3 years to buy them all in GTS.

The track list has been growing but having a large track roster in this game is not all that important. I do agree it is still missing some major track location and hopefully one day they will be added but what content we do have in the game right now is enough to keep you very very busy for a very very long time.

I'm not even going to say much about Sport Mode because you either love it or hate it. But anyone still playing GT6 must like single player content and I for one like the single player content in GTS along with custom races. All my online play is in the lobbies just like it was in GT6. I do not play Sport Mode.

Things are different in GTS but it's still Gran Turismo and it will feel like GT the first time you play it.
Something's are better something's are not but that doesn't mean it's not fun and that something's in GTS are not just incredible. So I will say this again, please don't stop playing GT6 if that's what you enjoy but you are robbing yourself by not playing newest GT title also.
I thought the same as you when I created this thread and then I couldn't believe what I had been depriving myself of once I bought GTS.

Again the game is far from perfect but it does have it's incredible moments too.

Here are my current stats. I have driven every single mile in this game with the controller in my hand.
Screenshot_20181210-021221_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I will not play GTS not because it's a bad game (I haven't played it so I have no idea if it's bad) but because of the whole thing that they want you to pay for it and I would have to buy a PS4, and I don't like PSN is a yearly fee now.

So long story short,
GT6 LIVES ON THOUGH ME AND THE CHALLENGE HUB.

Last edited:
I will not play GTS not because it's a bad game (I haven't played it so I have no idea if it's bad) but because of the whole thing that they want you to pay for it and I would have to buy a PS4, and I don't like PSN is a yearly fee now.

So long story short.
GT6 LIVES ON THOUGH AND THE CHALLENGE HUB.
You have made a right choice mate :cheers:.

I have not played gt6 since gt sport come out. Some parts was better in gt6. Like car upgrades, gt auto. And a larger career mode.
But rest, physics car sounds, graphics is better in sport. But maybe the pp system was better than the classes we have now.

But do t get me wrong, i would rather have a proper gt. Over fia based game

But do t get me wrong, i would rather have a proper gt. Over fia based game
So would I and many others want a real GT game :cheers:.
PD should have made GT5 last longer, and release GT6 on PS4 and that would have been better if PD done that, but PD lost there way. Another thing why I am playing GT6 is because of the PP system 👍.

So would I and many others want a real GT game :cheers:.
PD should have made GT5 last longer, and release GT6 on PS4 and that would have been better if PD done that, but PD lost there way. Another thing why I am playing GT6 is because of the PP system 👍.
I have post Much about it on reddit, so many gets buthurt about it, but i guess they have not played gt6 and older games. When i complain about the car upgrade parts, most new players said they don't want that, but i don't understand, let us that want it have the abillity to use it. They don't simply understand us older players of the franchise. Ferrari f50 was a bit disapointning to me as you can Only have 640 hp Max. Thats one if the reasons i don't like this upgrade system, it would be better with parts, then you could have turbo or supercharge it. That part i missed so Much. Kaz said at first gt sport was gt7, but it seems like he have changed his mind, and they are working on gt7-gt8 as the next sequel. Hopefully they can bring back the good stuff we had in gt6. Along with new good Engine sounds we have in gt sport

Ferrari f50 was a bit disapointning to me as you can Only have 640 hp Max. Thats one if the reasons i don't like this upgrade system, it would be better with parts, then you could have turbo or supercharge it.
A remark on that example. F50 is naturally aspirated, so just like you cannot add a supercharger or turbo into a Berlinetta Boxer in GT 6, it would be unlikely anyway. If you remembered that, just let it go out to the rest of the readers.

Okay, you gave me a reason to start the game and check the California, since Ferrari did it themselves, though with a different engine (F154). – In that case the only boost available is nitrous oxide, again.

I will continue to play Gran Turismo 6, because:

• I can drive my daily trashcan
  • I can drive my recent daily trashcan
  • I can drive my best mate's trashcan
  • I can drive my girlfriend's trashcan
  • I can drive my mom's ride
  • I can drive my dad's ride
  • "feelgood" physics
  • photomode is superb
  • general feeling of being GT 4 HD (i just can't cope with GT 4's graphics anymore :()
  • much longer career mode than GT 5 (without endurance races)

Question...
If I decided to get GT6, start fresh from the beginning, with online "no" longer possible... Can I still complete GT6 100% percent ?

Question...
If I decided to get GT6, start fresh from the beginning, with online "no" longer possible... Can I still complete GT6 100% percent ?

There are no trophies for online racing, so I guess 100% is still doable.

Well, I finally broke down and purchased the GT6 used game CD from GameStop and finally got all the downloads through 1.22 completed :banghead: ... I have 100% on GT3, GT4, and GT5... :cheers:, so let the grind games begin with my new orange Honda Fit. Gonna do it the old fashion way with no "special type" of help... Always appreciate any advice as being a newbie specifically to the GT6 scenery ... :D

Well, I finally broke down and purchased the GT6 used game CD from GameStop and finally got all the downloads through 1.22 completed :banghead: ... I have 100% on GT3, GT4, and GT5... :cheers:, so let the grind games begin with my new orange Honda Fit. Gonna do it the old fashion way with no "special type" of help... Always appreciate any advice as being a newbie specifically to the GT6 scenery ... :D
Good luck mate, not that you need it.

Am delighted to hear you purchased GT6 2_FAST_4_U.id say your best strategy for your next car would be the lotus elise 111R I was able to get unlock most events with this car and quickly do most licence tests and missions wish you all the best :cheers:

:lol: VBR :lol: and thanx paddycars1... I'll give that Lotus a try for sure... Just finished golding all the novice races last night. Also finally golded those cones at the coffee break, but took me awhile to find the correct line and drove me nuts for a bit. All in all I like the game and layout so far, and was worth the lengthy download. So cool to see all those great cars in the dealerships as well with 1.22. :cheers:

Edit Added-Always Nice To See Photo Proof :D

Honda FIT RS '10 (First Car)-At City of Arts and Sciences Night.jpg

Last edited:
Back