How much can you bench press?

• Thread starter Concept
  • 612 comments
Originally posted by largeharley
yeah I know 440 is alot and near 600 with the shirt

You are truely a hero's hero and should be proud of your accomplishments. Are there any kind of roids in your diet? Just asking because that's a piss load of weight to be pushing, even if you started working out at 12 years of age.

I just completed the critical bench program. That really works. I have added nearly 45 lbs. to my bench using it. I think anybody out their who would like to increase their bench, try the program. About two years ago, I used it for the fisrt time. My max was about 295, and I used the program to get to 345. I was stuck at 345 for many months. I then tried the program about 13 months ago and got my max up to 385. I just completed the third program and my max is close to 440. I also weighed myself today and I now way around 203 lbs. I am just a little over 5 foot. Also, I have been lifting a lot longer then 3 years. I been lifting for almost 8 years now. I started with a 110 lbs. set and then I got my olympic bench. Try critical bench, they offer a money back guarante if you don't gain 50 lbs. on your bench.

Finally after the shoulder injury I am heading back in the right direction again. I am back up to 400. Hopefully I can add another 25 before summer is over.

Well I play linebacker in football, I'm on junior varsity team.
Height: I think around 5 foot 5 or 5 foot 6
Weight: About 180
Bench: I can do around 200+ as my max that I can lift, but as far as doing reps I can do around 185-190.

I don't really know what my max is but like...I was in a weight room the other day and did 200lbs one time without straining myself. I guess that's good? Considering I have not worked out since my freshman year in HS.

Height: 6'4
Weight: Around 280
Bench: Last time I lifted weights (Like 3 years ago) I did 250 9-10 times at a National Guard post after I got done with bootcamp.

One time I lifted up the tail end of a 2,500 pound car around 1" off the ground by myself, though.
(Which you should never try because I had to go to physical therapy for damn near a year after that, but I'm still proud of the fact I did it :))

im 16
5'10
i bench 280 and i work one mussle a day and workout 5x a wk, like one day bicept, theen tricept, shoulder, chest, legs, a musle a day best way 2 do it pzz niggzas loll

Currently I Bench Press 140 pounds.

Keep in mind im only

17 years old
150 pounds.

For my other weights im at:

140 -Lat Pull Down
35 -Dumbell Curl
One Arm bent over row -60 pounds

And the most Pull-ups Ive accomplished at one time is 24. (at the very beg. of a workout...) Talk about hard

Originally posted by 6pAcK
Currently I Bench Press 140 pounds.

Keep in mind im only

17 years old
150 pounds.

For my other weights im at:

140 -Lat Pull Down
35 -Dumbell Curl
One Arm bent over row -60 pounds

And the most Pull-ups Ive accomplished at one time is 24. (at the very beg. of a workout...) Talk about hard

god your a sap...

I found a web-site with a really good routine on it. Its a two week cycle, which in which you work out each body-part 3 times in the 2 week span. Check it out, ive had increases over the last month using it. (the exercises mentioned are ok, but ive included a few of my own in my own routine, anyway heres the site:

http://www.workout-routines.com/bodybuilding.html

Let me know what u guys think...

AGE-20

HEIGHT-5"8 or 9 not sure

Weight- 75Kg

BENCH- 230

:cool:

A mate and I have been training since 12 y.o, but that guytaller and slightly stronger. :banghead:

edited by moderator

lets see i was a swimmer for 4 years and never did any bench press but when i quit i started working out i weighed 190 and my max was 220. my brother is 16 weighs 150 and benches 245. its insane how much he does.

18, 5'4" 110 Lbs
can bench just under my body weight (i think)...it's been years since i had a chance to work out. Hopefully summer break will give me a chance

Well I injured my shoulders in late Sept., I hope to be back in the gym by January. I tore some ligaments when I was trying to rep out. I had a good spotter, but I guess I'm getting too old to do stupid stuff like that.

My last rep on the bench was 315 nine times, haven't been back since.

Back