How much XP do you need to advance to next driver level?

• Thread starter EnzoRacer
  • 173 comments
Last edited:
This requires a cumulative 75,758, or 10,459 more than level 29.
I'll add that later, perhaps even format the numbers as a table, plain text doesn't look that great.
from 39 to 40 - 61085 XP.
That's one of the problems, contradicting numbers.
First I was told it's 60000, now it's 61085. Doesn't make the approximation easier.

It's not critical already because plus-minus 1-10K of XP is a drop in the ocean of 2,3M XP
Errors accumulate.

If you're 2% out at level 40, it may only be 1,000XP, but at level 50 that same error is 40,000XP. And if you're compounding the error, so you're another 2% out every time, it could be almost 600,000XP.

Incidentally, I've only encountered two level boundaries that end in a zero (11 at 4280 and 14 at 7430), with none at all ending in two zeroes - or three - so I'm maintaining some scepticism that there are level boundaries at round hundreds or thousands until I reach them...

And if you're compounding the error, so you're another 2% out every time, it could be almost 600,000XP
we know that for level 50 we need 397K.
errors in amount of XP between 45 and 50 lvl can't be 600K
for me it's enough to see and predict that
43 - 106000
44 - 128000 (+22)
45 - 154000 (+26)
46 - 185000 (+31)
47 - 223000 (+38)
48 - 270000 (+47)
49 - 328000 (+58)
50 - 397000 (+69)
total errors in 10-30K may be, it's drop in ocean of 2'000'000 XP for 40-50 lvl

we know that for level 50 we need 397K.
Not really.

That's an approximation - as I stated earlier, I've not seen any round hundreds or thousands in the level barriers (there's copious rounding in the mileage/credit prizes), and having not seen them I'm not yet convinced that any value rounded to the nearest thousand is accurate. You're also asking a person who may not have been specifically tracking these numbers (and we've seen in this thread that very few people are doing this to any precision), and the value given may simply be the first one that they recall seeing (and approximated) after having hit level 49.

Depending on what they were doing to get that high, the true value could be a few percent higher. I don't think it'll be hundreds of thousands out, but it may be thousands out.

Blu3Angels_s https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6806-gran-turismo-sport/Blu3Angels_s?order=date
He (or may be she) got 1st trophy at 15/10 5:40AM, and platinum at 3/11 1:38AM
He (or may be she) grinded 214 hours to leveling up from 40 to 50...and only 72 hours to win 91 races in sport mode...and only 146 hours to race 322 races in sport mode.
No eating, sleeping....alien? multi-account?

So winnings, pole positions and races trophy only count in sports mode?
Single player or lobby does not count?
This will be a nightmare especially for pole position trophy which will be random - you might have amazing lap (amazing for you) but still - the game will put you at comfortable 6th position on the grid...

397K - as I stated earlier, it's an answer from dude who got 50 lvl.
Already covered:
You're also asking a person who may not have been specifically tracking these numbers (and we've seen in this thread that very few people are doing this to any precision), and the value given may simply be the first one that they recall seeing (and approximated) after having hit level 49.
May be it's 397526, may be it's 397992, may be it's even 399123...very little error
Already covered:
Depending on what they were doing to get that high, the true value could be a few percent higher. I don't think it'll be hundreds of thousands out, but it may be thousands out.
So it seems that we agree; 397k is likely an approximation. Even if it's 1% out at every level boundary, it moves the required total up to 2.35m from 2.33m - 23,000xp extra. That's a lot, and a good 2 hour extra work.

Updated my previous comment with the latest numbers: link

In case anyone wonders: I used a piecewise polynomial function for approximation.

Last edited:
What's the fastest way to rank up now the so called glitch is patched?

I'm rank 41 and was glitching every night before I went to bed I can tell you from rank 40 to 41 it took me two 12 hour Nurburgring 24h races to rank up

What's the fastest way to rank up now the so called glitch is patched
Still works on Northern Island with the rubber band trick. Don't use a slow car though, seems like the game doesn't want you to be too far behind the leading car.

EDIT: Seems like speed doesn't matter after all.

Last edited:
What's the fastest way to rank up now the so called glitch is patched?

I'm rank 41 and was glitching every night before I went to bed I can tell you from rank 40 to 41 it took me two 12 hour Nurburgring 24h races to rank up

Rubber banding 24hrs, miata vs grp1 at blue moon gives 34000 exp. boost off, pro difficulty.

Is there anything better that you can run whilst sleeping/working?

Well my level 50 trophy will have to wait then, I guess! Only level 39 so far, which isn't even 1/6 of the way there. Whatever the exact numbers, levels 40, 44, 46, 48, 49, 50 mark - extremely approximately - equal amounts of XP gained. Sheesh!

Still works on Northern Island with the rubber band trick. Don't use a slow car though, seems like the game doesn't want you to be too far behind the leading car.

How slow? It's OK with MX5 for 8 hours, at least - ended up 1355 laps behind :lol:

@Outspacer
Maybe it's something else then, but I had a 10h race not rewarding any credits.
The last couple endurance races worked just fine though, not sure.

Latest Posts

Back