How much XP do you need to advance to next driver level?

• Thread starter EnzoRacer
  • 173 comments
Blu3Angels_s https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6806-gran-turismo-sport/Blu3Angels_s?order=date
He (or may be she) got 1st trophy at 15/10 5:40AM, and platinum at 3/11 1:38AM
He (or may be she) grinded 214 hours to leveling up from 40 to 50...and only 72 hours to win 91 races in sport mode...and only 146 hours to race 322 races in sport mode.
No eating, sleeping....alien? multi-account?

Tks for the link Enzoracer

A second platinum is out there now!

https://psnprofiles.com/Malta_Gamer

I guess you really got to go hard with sport mode to get to level 50. The game lacks offline content to get you there.

I'm at 48 and it looks like its 120.8% increase level to level so the OP math looks right. I'm at 330,000 to get to 49 and it'll be about 393,000 for level 50 I'm estimating.

Jerome

Well done to the 2 guys that got Platinum/lvl50 in GT Sport,
but I find it hard to believe it was done in such a short time, even with the rubber band trick :boggled: :D
There must have been some hardware failure and/or repetitive strain disorder :lol:

We'll work out what it likes soon enough, I'm sure :)
Seems like you're right, just completed a 10h race using a N100 car. Not sure what caused the game not to give me any rewards in the first endurance race after the update though.

Seems like you're right, just completed a 10h race using a N100 car. Not sure what caused the game not to give me any rewards in the first endurance race after the update though.

Last one I did gave me no rewards :( Happened to be the first time I'd turned vibration off, so could it be that it's trying to monitor changing inputs and the vibration is enough to give a bit of a signal on the motion steering? Probably not and just a coincidence, but plausible.

You can receive 2100XP every 50-60 seconds, youtube is full of it...but it will be patched. Blu3Angels_s used another slower method, look at his youtube channel.

Just another hour and a half and I'll be at level 50. Hopefully I'll finish it today before there's any chance of a patch. Then I just need 45 more wins and a couple hundred races to finish. Not bad with two kids under 3 years old :lol:

Jerome

Just another hour and a half and I'll be at level 50. Hopefully I'll finish it today before there's any chance of a patch. Then I just need 45 more wins and a couple hundred races to finish. Not bad with two kids under 3 years old :lol:

Jerome

Nice one, Jerome 👍

Despite how tedious it is, I'm going to keep glitching until it's patched... I think it will be very difficult to get to lvl 50 (and Platinum) without doing this... you'd need to run >10 24h miata oval races alone just to go from lvl 49 to 50 from what I've seen, so best to take advantage now.

Yea it sucks. Honestly the trophy list looked reasonable, much like GT6's platinum but after realizing all those wins and pole positions the trophies expect are ONLY earnable in sport mode, reality sets in.

Oh well. I'll get as many trophies as I can but much like Assetto Corsa's platinum trophy, I'm just gonna give up.

And as rough as GT Sport's platinum is, it's still not nearly as bad as Assetto Corsa's platinum / special events all gold trophy which is not only near impossible, but has some events which literally are impossible without cheating. To me, that's far worse than expecting players to play the game for 10 years .

Yea it sucks. Honestly the trophy list looked reasonable, much like GT6's platinum but after realizing all those wins and pole positions the trophies expect are ONLY earnable in sport mode, reality sets in.

Oh well. I'll get as many trophies as I can but much like Assetto Corsa's platinum trophy, I'm just gonna give up.

And as rough as GT Sport's platinum is, it's still not nearly as bad as Assetto Corsa's platinum / special events all gold trophy which is not only near impossible, but has some events which literally are impossible without cheating. To me, that's far worse than expecting players to play the game for 10 years .
Took me almost 7 years to platinum GT5 and even that was with glitches lol

I have platinum in AC. There were a couple of special events that were impossible without cheating, but many that were a brilliant challenge.

Just need LVL 50 and 322 races on Sport Mode but I’ll let this plat pass... completely insane the time needed to get it! Going get some fun on Project Cars 2!

Just need LVL 50 and 322 races on Sport Mode but I’ll let this plat pass... completely insane the time needed to get it! Going get some fun on Project Cars 2!
If you really reallyyyy want it get glitching that 24h pit lane lol

Couple of exact numbers for anyone wanting to be pedantic (or get the calc spot on).
(xp_to_next + latest_xp_scored - previous_xp_to_next).

43 to 44 is 128515
44 to 45 is 155037
45 to 46 is 187103
46 to 47 is 225891
47 to 48 is 272812
48 to 49 is 329573
49 to 50 is 398242

(Well I say exact, but it's quite likely a rounded floating point number).

155037 / 128515 = 1.20637
187103 / 155037 = 1.20682
225891 / 187103 = 1.20731
272812 / 225891 = 1.20772
329573 / 272812 = 1.20806
398242 / 329573 = 1.20836

Last edited:
Blu3Angels_s https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6806-gran-turismo-sport/Blu3Angels_s?order=date
He (or may be she) got 1st trophy at 15/10 5:40AM, and platinum at 3/11 1:38AM
He (or may be she) grinded 214 hours to leveling up from 40 to 50...and only 72 hours to win 91 races in sport mode...and only 146 hours to race 322 races in sport mode.
No eating, sleeping....alien? multi-account?

He was also the first to platinum GT and 6 IIRC. Multi-account or he's retired/rich.

Jerome

Back