How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
36 and been a true GT fan since I bought GT 1

And bought it by chance... did not think too much of the cover I remeber but i thought it be good to try. Since I always been in to car games.

Let's just say I do not regret that buy :)

I'm 21... ive been playing since the release of GT1 back on the original PS... I'm pretty good after playing so many years, but i still don't have a G25 Wheel and Racing seat... that would be nice.

40 here, and have been a GT addict since the very first one. Got Gran Turismo a few days after it came out here in the U.S. And after I discovered the MadCatz Andretti wheel controller (which was just like the R/C pistol grip controllers I'd been racing my R/C cars with for years), I was HOOKED! Of course, it did suck having to buy a new one every month or two...after the centering spring for the wheel broke - again! But once I got good at taking them apart and modding it with stronger springs, I was blissfully happy again.

Ahhhh....memories.

Pyro

After reading most of these posts, I see why there are so many people that kick my butt on the track. I am 54 years old and bought the PS3 for the Blu-ray player. Got it used and GT5P came with the deal. Have been playing for close to a year now. Old in one respect and young in another!

I got hooked almost the 1st time I fired up the game. Been reading and practicing as often as I get the chance, which isn't enough. Like most things in my life I usually wind up in the middle of the pack. I bought a wheel and fabricated a cockpit out of left over steel tube from a Jeep fender project and a seat from a 94 Z28 (free).

I'm really looking forward the GT5. Hope to see you all on the track and give you a decent race.

Im 14 and got gt4 close to a year ago because it came with my ps2. I used to play gt1 when i was little because my older brother owned it. Now i love them and want to buy a ps3 and gt5 when it comes out

18, playing since the original. This game was a life changing experience for me and I would like to thank everybody who helped in its inception. Long live the real driving simulator!:cheers:

i'm 14 now....I've been playing GT since i was 5 or sumthing....
ITS TRUE!!!! I played GT1 & GT2 when i was 5 (2000)!!!! and that game has changed my life forever.......

i havent played GT5P or GTHD yet,cuz i dont own a PS3,but that's ok for me....:D

Didn't see a welcome thread anywhere (unless I somehow looked over one) so I figured here was as good as any.

Greetings. :sly:

In any case, I'm 21 and I've been playing since the third installment which was a chance encounter because a friend of mine rented it out of the blue. Needless to say, I fell in love and almost immediately backtracked (didn't have a PS2 at the time) I brought GT2, and then the first.

Even with GT5 on the way, and Prologue in it's place...the second still remains my favorite.

Im 17 GT was the first game i ever owned on my PSX and i got it on release in 1998 and have been following the series ever since, GT4 was and still is my favourite installment only because GT5 is only 'Prologue' at the moment :)

21 almost 22, been playing since 98! Ah, the original GT.. I still have it. (Actually, i've bought it three times total. haha)

I have gt1, gt2, gt3, gt4, and gt5:P but no ps3 to play it on now :(

I am 15 and just started using GT when GT4 came out in the US. But, I loved it so I got GT3, and I also have GT5P.

I bought GT1 and GT2 online and I'm still waiting for them to come.

Pappaclart you an I have the same age (29) and I too have been playing GT from the beginning of the GT series in 1998.

Last edited:
I'm 20. I've been playing Gran Turismo since the very first game was just a demo (yep, started young) and I loved the demo that much i begged dad to get me the full version, so he did.. and i Just went on from there. I have every Gran Turismo game ever made except GT4 Prologue. If I could have a dollar for every race I've completed in the Gran Turismo series I'd be a billionaire by now.

Edit: Can we be called "GT Veterans"? or maybe "Original GT Racers"

18. Been at it since GT came out. Own GT, GT2, GT3, GT4 and GT5P.

Started playing for real the day I saw the Mitsubishi Evo 3 in yellow, had to have it. Half an hour later my life changed, has been a good life so far lol

Back