How to get alot of money in GT2

• Thread starter phychosis2
  • 24 comments
Go to special race then go to Muscle car race and go to the second one i think its called seattle race(not seattle short)
then after you win you get $8,000 and a new car that is called cobra and you should sell that car because it is worth $75,000.
So basically you get $80-85,000 just for winning.

An easier far more popular way is in Gran Turismo All-Stars Race 3. You get 50,000 for the easy win and a 500,000 cr. car to sell.

I think the Turbo cars championship is easier. Race the test course. You get 50,000c and sometimes a 1011hp drag skyline that sells for 250,000c.

Originally posted by koolsax
An easier far more popular way is in Gran Turismo All-Stars Race 3. You get 50,000 for the easy win and a 500,000 cr. car to sell.

That is the best way to get quick money in GT2. There are a few other good ways, but this one is the best.

Originally posted by phychosis2
Go to special race then go to Muscle car race and go to the second one i think its called seattle race(not seattle short)
then after you win you get $8,000 and a new car that is called cobra and you should sell that car because it is worth $75,000.
So basically you get $80-85,000 just for winning.

Welcome to GTP 👍

Please use the search function before submitting threads because a lot of topics have been covered in the past - like this one.

Yea Red Rock Valley is the best one. Sell that Speed 12 and you get a cool Half Million. I race it with the Speed12 with a Racing mod on it and turn up the downforce. I can pull consistant 58 second laps with that beast.

OH COME ON! If you're gona get money, don't do it the cheap way! at least go around and finish all the races and get 100% before winning cheap grands. I did that way bak wen i was a rookie.

The game is about having fun man, And it is JUST A GAME, and why not have fun with it, id rather make any car i wanted at will then have all the races completed, which i first started just building cars, not racing, but once you start racing, thats where the real fun is, unlelss you drift ;)...

Originally posted by Alchemist_L7
The game is about having fun man, And it is JUST A GAME, and why not have fun with it, id rather makes any car i wanted at will then have all th races completed, which i first started just building cars, not racing, but once you start racing, thats where the real fun is, unledss you drift ;)...

W3rd.

except the drift part

I've passed the game with 98.2% five times now, and the only way to truly fund all the Manufacturer's Events like the Saxo Race, the Demio Cup, et al, is to win a couple of cash cows.

Even if you win every race, use a minimum number of cars, and sell nearly every prize car, you are still going to run out of credits when it comes time to race-mod a few of those cars at approximately 110,000 credits per car!

So even though we know what cash cows are in GT2, it's still quite necessary to win a couple of Speed 12's, GT40 racers, and Cobras just to make it though the game.

Man cannot survive by selling Mugen Accords alone...

Originally posted by pupik
I've passed the game with 98.2% five times now, and the only way to truly fund all the Manufacturer's Events like the Saxo Race, the Demio Cup, et al, is to win a couple of cash cows.

Even if you win every race, use a minimum number of cars, and sell nearly every prize car, you are still going to run out of credits when it comes time to race-mod a few of those cars at approximately 110,000 credits per car!

So even though we know what cash cows are in GT2, it's still quite necessary to win a couple of Speed 12's, GT40 racers, and Cobras just to make it though the game.

Man cannot survive by selling Mugen Accords alone...

It's over 200,000 Cr to fully tune a car, over 300,000 Cr for some.

Originally posted by Alchemist_L7
Whats wrong with drifting?, If you dont think drifting is fun then your not doin it right, lol ;)...

Got nothing against drifting - as in one or two corners whilst leading a race - but i prefer to beat the clock, not the other way round. :)

What's the best car to use for that? I have a fully tuned '95 300ZX[R] with 634HP.

I think the Turbo cars championship is easier. Race the test course. You get 50,000c and sometimes a 1011hp drag skyline that sells for 250,000c.

But there's also the drag car itself in the race sometimes. And that thing takes off like a rocket.

What's the best car to use for that? I have a fully tuned '95 300ZX[R] with 634HP.

Just about any high-end racing car can win it... As for me, I used the cars you won from the Grand Touring Car races (The Unisia Jecs Skyline & the Castrol Mugen NSX GT) on my very first playthrough, then use whatever floats my boat afterwards...

As for the 300ZX, I'm not to familiar with the RM'ed version you have, but I have used the [R] Nissan 300ZX GT '97 you get from winning the first race of the GT Pacific League... The real key to running fast at Red Rock Valley is all in the car set-up; Specifically, in getting a car to run fast and stable on the various banked corners can be a pretty big challenge. This is easier said than done, but... *Shrugs*

Looking back now, the 3rd MR race at Red Rock Valley (~591hp) is a slightly better payout per lap: Two laps for a 250,000 credit [R] Ford GT40.

But by the time you exit and re-enter the same race again, you've likely used up about the same amount of time as a single lap (roughly 1 minute), and then after running the race again, and selling two prize cars (instead of just one), you've probably broken even on your time per event, if you compare it to the 5-lapper GT All-Stars event.

I do believe that 3rd MR race is easier, since the AI can't control most MR cars through that first banked turn of Red Rock Valley, except the Ford GT.

I'm well familiar with both, the 300ZX Ver S Turbo 94/95 is indeed an amazing car, and even though its engine is too peaky towards the red line, so that most of the claimed power isn't available in practice, it can still take the All Stars. Now the V-Spec R34 Skyline will do the same, but without ever making you sweat. Not even if you spin (as long as you have a lap left...) And I think it's better than the regular R34 GT-R, even if it does weight a little more.

Back