How to win Drift Competition (VIDEO)

United States
California
MrAngryBirds
I hope this help you guys and don't forget that i have a drift competition every wednesday! Add MrAngryBirds if you want to be in it! :)

"First of all, the thing you need is Speed."

Go do Nascar or something, this is drifting. :/

"For the first turn, you need to pull as hard as possible guys."

Seriously? Never heard of courtesy rolls?

I won't mention the passing considering somebody else already mentioned it, and he/she was completely right.

"Try to stay as close as possible."

Wrong again. Tandem, needs proximity. Yes, door to door looks good, but it's not needed. Nor will it give you any bonus points. Proximity is all you need.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people are so anti speed...

If I'm leading, and you can't stay with me, there's a better chance of me winning.

If im chasing and you can't get away from me, there is a better chance of me winning.

I might start a thread on this rather than pulling this off topic, but I think there is a distinct difference between tandeming for fun, and competitive battles.

If I'm leading, and you can't stay with me, there's a better chance of me winning.

If im chasing and you can't get away from me, there is a better chance of me winning.

I might start a thread on this rather than pulling this off topic, but I think there is a distinct difference between tandeming for fun, and competitive battles.

Please do.

I am also wondering how speed is not important as well.

Speed may be fun, I enjoy it, But Honestly in an equal match like for instance My D1SL series, If your going to fast its obvious your angle is to shallow or your line is not that of the one being judged. So good luck to yall speed drifters.

@MrAngryBirds;
IMO you are taking too much of an inside line on the big corner, here's the - OLD - section, explained by none other that
Keiichi Tsuchiya San.

WOW Thats not even the old section.lol I still have the D1GP vhs tapes of the first 3 seasons and in 2001 they went the opposite direction, around the sweeper and then the took the same turn. Damn im old.lol

WOW Thats not even the old section.lol I still have the D1GP vhs tapes of the first 3 seasons and in 2001 they went around the sweeper and then the took the same turn. Damn im old.lol
Ive seen those! lol

Please do.

I am also wondering how speed is not important as well.

Not taking FD into consideration, and going from my experience with most European competitions, what people are looking for is:

Angle: /30
Line: /30
Style: /40

Style, includes speed. The matter of importance (10 points, 15 or 20), varies. But even if it's 20 which is extremely high, it's still lower than Angle and Line.

Style, can include multiple judging criteria. Amount of braking, e-brake usage, smoke (or lack thereof), and even the car itself.

This WHOLE section, is about competition tandeming. During tandems with friends, speed does not matter at ALL. Yes, you need to be able to make a corner. But people with Miata's aren't going to keep up with Vette's, Camaro's etc...

The best tandems are in cars with average grip levels, and moderate amounts of power.

Not taking FD into consideration, and going from my experience with most European competitions, what people are looking for is:

Angle: /30
Line: /30
Style: /40

Style, includes speed. The matter of importance (10 points, 15 or 20), varies. But even if it's 20 which is extremely high, it's still lower than Angle and Line.

Style, can include multiple judging criteria. Amount of braking, e-brake usage, smoke (or lack thereof), and even the car itself.

This WHOLE section, is about competition tandeming. During tandems with friends, speed does not matter at ALL. Yes, you need to be able to make a corner. But people with Miata's aren't going to keep up with Vette's, Camaro's etc...

The best tandems are in cars with average grip levels, and moderate amounts of power.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/speed-and-why-its-important-in-drifting.307573/

WOW Thats not even the old section.lol I still have the D1GP vhs tapes of the first 3 seasons and in 2001 they went the opposite direction, around the sweeper and then the took the same turn. Damn im old.lol

Not older then me for sure ;)
I only said "old" section because this year it was something completely diferent. I should've said....erm...2006 section, MB.

It's not that people are anti speed. It's that people don't want it to be the primary feature of the run. Once we held a competition, and said we will be taking speed into account. Next thing you know we are versing LFA's and Vipers whilst we are in AE86's and S-Chassis. Speeds fine, but you can't be penalize for your vehicle. It has to be judged against the ability of the car and not against the leader and chaser. That's just what i think.

If you guys want to be in the Drift Competition (Made by me) on this Sunday, don't forget to join the lobby at 5PM (PST) called "GTPDz Competition". 16 Players Maximum. Suzuka Circuit Track and downhill. Maximum Horsepower is 600. Only FR and MR require. The GTPDz's rules video is coming soon. Anyway, GTPDz stand for "Gran Turismo Pro Drifterz" PLEASE SHARE! Thank you! :)

If you guys want to be in the Drift Competition (Made by me) on this Sunday, don't forget to join the lobby at 5PM (PST) called "GTPDz Competition". 16 Players Maximum. Suzuka Circuit Track and downhill. Maximum Horsepower is 600. Only FR and MR require. The GTPDz's rules video is coming soon. Anyway, GTPDz stand for "Gran Turismo Pro Drifterz" PLEASE SHARE! Thank you! :)

some of the sketchest comp drifting ive ever seen lol

I'm curious on how exactly alot of that was scored because most of it made no sense at all.

Like big straighten to undertaking a guy = round win? What?
And the consistency was pretty shocking, I don't think I saw 2 runs that the person followed the same line.

But since they wanted to be on YouTube and didnt want him getting butthurt im guessing they let him pass.

Last edited:
On 4th run I said restart because you guys were confused so we restart. You lost on the second run because most vote TEMPEST, but I think it should be OMT.

Back