HTC Vive Pro & HTC Vive Virtual Reality Headset Thread

Is the cost for the device too prohibitive for consumers?

• Yes

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
Well...there it is...my Vive arrived today...mind blown all over again.

Look forward and trust your opinions....
To me the tech seems great at enabling the immersion and new experience it brings. Although kinda still flawed and hampered in certain ways with perhaps needing additional time for all developers including proper working support for the most popular racing titles.

Exciting none the less to be able to enjoy it now and read people's views on it.

Have lots of fun...

Last edited:
I got a processing mail form oculus today.

Very very excited to try out VR and simracing

Driving on the Ring with a DK2/Assetto Corsa let the same smile on my face than the first time I drove a Ferrari for a few laps. I just want to do it again!

I got a processing mail form oculus today.

Very very excited to try out VR and simracing
Exciting, what was your order time and order number?

Edit: From what I've read elsewhere it looks like European orders are shipping about a month sooner than the updated date we got on April 12th. Seems that was a very conservative estimate.

Last edited:
Exciting, what was your order time and order number?

Edit: From what I've read elsewhere it looks like European orders are shipping about a month sooner than the updated date we got on April 12th. Seems that was a very conservative estimate.

Ordertime 16 minutes, ordernr 28xxxx.

Oculus is shipping in Europe from Eindhoven, which is only 90 km away from me. That's the good news. Some guys in the netherlands who had the same email before, told me i might even get it before the weekend.

But i have planned a family tip to disney for a couple days.... starting this sunday.

Very looking forward to the trip, but already excited about getting back home again. (more than i was a year ago when receiving the accufore) :)

Last edited:
My Credit Card has a pending charge too : HTC Vive order in "fulfillment" stage :)

New PC coming these days pieces after pieces (NCIX has a strange shipment policy, five shipments for nine parts :odd: ).

I can believe I will soon have a 6700k, a Vive... and no gpu :lol:

Hurry nVidia ! I want to order two GTX 1080 ! I want to drive Assetto Corsa as it deserves to run !

So I managed to get PCars running on my Vive using the Revive method. It's not ideal, quite a lot of pop in from trackside objects. Graphically it's not that much better than my experience with DK2 but still just as immersive. Hopefully whatever deal SMS has with Oculus is not too long and we can get proper support before my Rift arrives and I hope that now that the AS devs have a Vive dev kit that Vive support for AS comes along soon. But to be honest the lack of support for racing sims in the Vive is not bothering me as I'm having so much fun with room scale and the Vive controllers.

I wanted to buy a VR headset for sim racing so my first choice would have been the "more popular" rift but once I have tried the Vive... I bet that the Vive will slowly but surely get support. Walking around the amazing cars is just one of the best way to appreciate modeling and details.

I wanted to buy a VR headset for sim racing so my first choice would have been the "more popular" rift but once I have tried the Vive... I bet that the Vive will slowly but surely get support. Walking around the amazing cars is just one of the best way to appreciate modeling and details.
I did this last night in PCars! I was driving the MP412C around Spa and stopped on the start finish straight and just climbed out of the car and had a good look around. The rear of the car is not modelled at all in cockpit view! So whilst the front end looked beautiful the back end looked awful, with pieces missing and literally no textures on the very roughly modelled pieces that are there.

Well guys i know this is the Vive thread, but i just got my rift today :)

I think they are both great HMD's and VR is gonna change simracing for ever.

All i did was racing in PCARS. The immersion is awesome. If you line-up your real wheel with the virtual one and have enabled the virtual hands in the game, it feels like you have hand tracking.

I also got out of the car and even though it's not 100% modelled, it felt pretty awesome.

I asked him via YT which is better for simracing and he said Vive because it has a better FOV and for its brightness!

Still waiting for mine to VR shipped:(

Mine has shipped this morning from Czech Republic !
Can't wait to try the pCars thing with it.

I think it would have been better to wait and not rush on those first VR headsets.... but it's fun to do unreasonnable purchases sometimes !

Last edited:
I think both headsets are great. Here's a comparison from a guy who has both HMD's too

hello

i finally received my HTC and oculus headsets at home a few days ago.

I played for hours with Oculus and PCars and since this morning, there is a hack to use PCars with the Vive.

So i can tell you there is an huge difference of quality between the 2 about image clarity and soft corners. Textures, little details of cockpits are really better in the Rift.
The vive borders are really too blurry, not only with Pcars but with every games
Oculus only defaut is the god rays if you like to race at night.

Of course, the roomscale experience of the Vive is fabulous... But useless for racing...
So if is your main goal, you should consider the rift...

but the most important : VR is fabulous !
Immersion, fun and... efficiency
In every track, i save lot of seconds, thanks to VR...
Can't wait for more games to support VR (asseto corsa should do it soon, they said this morning)

chris

i asked 2 friends who are simracers too and they felt the same :

image clarity is better on the rift, it is easier to read little numbers on cockpit dials for exemple.
Textures are little bit more sharp.

also, the heavy soft corners of the Vive can be disturbing
And, the fresnel concentric circles can be visibles in some dark scenes

i am not disturbed at all by the god rays of the Rift, i prefer that than soft corners. But is is just personal taste

every human feels different when it comes to such subjective subjects. 3 conclusions even the sames dont worth a try in a shop or a friend (for those who didnt bought one yet)

what is sure is VR is pure magic for racers

and sorry for my english

I do not think Project Cars is a fair comparison tool as there is an official support on one side versus a beta Hack on the other.

I think from a sim racing stand point, the rift has the advantage as more games will be playable in 2016.
More globally, some prefer the Vive while others like the Rift better. It seems that the diffference is not that big.

I don´t know in what way the hack make the Vive a disadvantage beside the risk of patching the game of course? I may be wrong I think it´s just a time exclusive anyway so at some point Vive will get official support?

I'm reading to see who or when people start ditching their triple screens. Will everyone take to enjoying the experience once the "tried it" excitement factor wears off. Will it be for some used for occasional use rather than primary display?

The balance seems to be "VR" for more immersion but with current issues, or screens for better image.
On the hardware horizon seems with new GFX triple 120Hz is becoming more possible and with new HDR displays as an alternative of immersion Vs display quality for consumer choices.

Last edited:
Doubt we will get 100 % game compability nobody should sell their monitors. I know some that has though but they might be casual racers that don´t run every single sime or 3h at a time :)

I have been using a DK1 and DK2 Rift since soon after they launched. It is good enough, for me, that I quickly got rid of my triple screens. I mostly race on iRacing which has had good support but I do enjoy all the other racing games. If a game hasn't supported the Rift though I basically haven't played it in the last couple of years. Triple screens doesn't compare to the immersion and 3D of VR even if triple screens have the advantage of clarity and FOV.

There seem to be pluses and minuses for both the Rift and the Vive but from what have seen and read overall they're pretty much the same - a good thing for one is countered by a good thing with the other. For what it's worth I have a Rift currently pre-ordered.

Vive support in PCars is fantastic! Pop in that was there when using revive is completely gone. It's just so damn immersive. Can't wait to play some more tomorrow.

Back