Hybrid in GT4 ^_^, save game & code in the 1st post

• Thread starter sucahyo
  • 1,161 comments
Quick question: Is there an app out yet that can convert the NTSC hybrid save files in this thread into whatever the PS3 uses in its virtual PS2 memory card?

Im itching to drive some of those hybrids you guys are creating in GT4

maybe if ps2savetools.com hase something, I think I read up they have a .psv converter (never checked if ps2savebuilder does it).

9.4 users, get emuhaste 1.21 and it works with the new (currently) 9.4 pcsx2. I get the same fps w/ 9.4 as my old 9.2, but I have texture filtering, shader 3.0 vs. nothing in pcsx2 9.2. Now to test if the memory card will transfer over (using mymc n ps2savebuilder).

hey sucahyo, thanks for the mirror! I'm going to test a new savegame from scratch, w/ the new pcsx2 9.4 and emuhaste 1.21 and see if I can do all the hybridding and buying on the pc, then transfer over to ps2 one shot (vs. previous method of select car on ps2, transfer to emulator, hybrid, transfer back to ps2, test). Hopefully it'll be load up savegame in emulator, hybrid away mercilesly, transfer to ps2, test tune and enjoy.

l8r

hey sucahyo, thanks for the mirror! I'm going to test a new savegame from scratch, w/ the new pcsx2 9.4 and emuhaste 1.21 and see if I can do all the hybridding and buying on the pc, then transfer over to ps2 one shot (vs. previous method of select car on ps2, transfer to emulator, hybrid, transfer back to ps2, test). Hopefully it'll be load up savegame in emulator, hybrid away mercilesly, transfer to ps2, test tune and enjoy.

l8r

So we may not have the garage file issue? Is that what we're testing?

So we may not have the garage file issue? Is that what we're testing?

exactly, I dunno if I'll have time 2 do it today but that should definitely get looked into (anyone else who has 9.4). simply load it on the emulator, get into a few cars (like 3-4). and then transfer the save to a ps2. if they fixed it, then you will be able to get into all the cars (pcsx2 and ps2). If they didn't fix it, then the current car will be ok, and others will be corrupted (other cars you got into w/ the emulator that is).

I hope they fix it soon.

hope so too, atleast we can hybrid them. using the other method, they're fully functional in a ps2 (as long as the engine likes it's new home lol). In the meantime, I'm going to try and recreate this Top Secret's V12 powered Supra... now to find me a v12 that likes turbocharging (or comes turbocharged lol).

I think if they do "fix" it, it'll in turn probably "break" all current pcsx2 memory card's (although it shouldn't really, something is up with the emulator's read/write to "memory card" function probably). Or it could be GT4's "autosave" feature... however, I have mine disabled usually...

hope so too, atleast we can hybrid them. using the other method, they're fully functional in a ps2 (as long as the engine likes it's new home lol). In the meantime, I'm going to try and recreate this Top Secret's V12 powered Supra... now to find me a v12 that likes turbocharging (or comes turbocharged lol).

I think if they do "fix" it, it'll in turn probably "break" all current pcsx2 memory card's (although it shouldn't really, something is up with the emulator's read/write to "memory card" function probably). Or it could be GT4's "autosave" feature... however, I have mine disabled usually...

What does the Cien have?

I still believe the problem lies in how the emulator encrypts the garage data..
What's beyone me is that it's occasionally possible to save cars that will work also on PS2, maybe the dev team could somehow use this to debug the problem.
Too bad they don't care much about GT4 :)

Some news:
It seems the value we've been calling "race mod" (A1F850 / A2A650) actually holds the pointer for front and rear track data and the width displayed in the specifications.
I'm not sure yet if it has any real effect on handling or not, or is it just for the looks..
Really odd nevertheless :odd:

More news:
The exact reason why turbocharged engines don't seem to work in NA only cars is they also need a working turbo kit :D

Specifically, the 091D turbo value found in cars without a turbo isn't a real turbo kit, it crashes the game if mated with turbo only engine
If you take a car with a turbo, a Skyline for example, and change it's turbo value to 091D the game crashes when you try to race it :)
You don't need to worry about the turbo ID values as long they're all zeroes, that's when the game uses default values instead.

I don't know for sure if some race engines for example need their own default turbos to work, but NA only engines accept any turbo kit.

Different turbos have even different characteristics, a turbo value from RX-7 actually seems like it's applying twin turbos into your car.
A turbo from Skyline looks like it gives you massive boost in mid to high rev range.

What is the program being used in the first post? The one with the screenshots? I really, really, really need to get my hands on that, like, now.

the SL65 twin turbos are pathetic... if you're gonna use that engine put Nissan 300ZX stage 4 turbos... they are WAY better.

I was also wondering what are the codes for the colors, I wanna repaint my (S15) SR20DET S13 Silvia something other than puke green :yuck:

20A1F7E0 000002C5 Silvia Q's '88 Body
00A1F7E0 00000001 Color 2

Bulitt

P.S. I also have completed 2 more hybrids, and Im waiting until I have another 10 to re-release my gamesave Ive made an LS7 Pontiac Solstice and put an SR20DET into an Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA... it FLIES even with only 487hp, I guess thats what happens when its 677kg :scared:

Looks like you figured the color codes out yourself :)
00 = color 1, 01 = color 2, etc..

They are car specific, invalid values will make your car disappear and the game says the color is "BMW 120d `04"

Remember to change the last number like I told, color values are at address 00A1F7E8

yeah Im STARTING to get the spreadsheet but whats bugging me is the lack of a complete reference for NTSC codes like Sucahyo has for PAL... I'm futilely plugging away trying to find the right one, I was able to put an S13 Q's body on a S13 K's but now Im stuck trying to put a 240SX body on a 96 Silvia Q's

Can someone give me a quick update on how the hybrid making is coming along?
I have not been here in some time so I don't know what is up or down:boggled:.

To me it seems like the movement is a bit dormant now.
Every now and then new people discover this sub-forum but I haven't seen teknogeek, sucahyo or other guys for a long time.

So far I've figured out almost everything regarding the car setup memory addresses, only a few weird bytes (which seem to be write-only?) have unknown meaning.
Also I know how to fully manipulate the diary and the garage data, as well as trophies and race times.
B-spec points data still needs to be found..

Some misc pointer values which help finding the correct layout for different regions:
Code:
Garage start string:	687948	Car setup start string:		688280
Diary start string:	687908	Trophy info start string:	687A20
Records? start string:	687F10	Car id list (arcade/other?):	6878C8
?? string:		6879E0	?? string:			687DD0
??:			687960	??:				687F50
??:			687B60

I'll post my notes if you want

Back