Hybriding/save hacking arrives in GT6 - Public discussion

• Thread starter tazarii
  • 458 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a "🤬 all hackers" thing coming on...
And I don't think it'll be that easy to hack like it was in GT5. GT6's save files have 2 layers of encryption on them, and I believe only redeye was able to successfully get through both. He did say he was working on a garage editor though. I have the first key to the saves, just not the hidden second one. Sooo yeah. It's not as simple as GT5.

Jail broken PS3 right now. Don't know if can be done with with BSD since they seem to be in a pissing match right now since PD has added new layer of encryption

Last edited by a moderator:
jail broken ps3 right now don't know if can be done with with BSD since they seem to be in a pissing match right now ,since PD has added new layer of encryption
It's possible to get the second key, Redeye from NGU apparently has it. It's just really complicated. I found a tutorial on how to do it lol, I'm not jailbroken though.

I'm just posting it had nothing to do with it. Do i think it will spread yes, but not nearly as fast as GT5 as there are some smart guys out there that like the GT series

Well since these cars can’t be gifted the only way to have one in your garage is to violate the terms of serves and hack your game save.

PD can drop the ban hammer without sweeping up a bunch of innocent gift recipients.

Hopefully they will.

I will certainly PSN block anyone that brings a hacked car into my room.

Until they allow car trading then all hell breaks loose , jk i think as soon as soon as second key is fully decrypted then you have to worry

Yeah I'm sure PD is gonna drop the hammer on you for a hacked game save GOOD LUCK !

Although on the surface I have nothing against hacking, the problem is the people who abuse it, cheat online, and just generally ruin the game for others. The problem is that there isn't really an easy way to police the idiots and leave the sensible people. The outcome is that all hacking has to lead to bans, and is one of the reasons that causes features such as trading or gifting cars get removed, ruining it for the majority who would use these features as designed.

That said, I don't see why online there can't be a database of all the cars in the game with acceptable min and max parameters that is checked whenever someone changes car or joins the track. That way hackers can still make cars and use them offline, but not affect people online. The same check could be applied when trading and gifting.

So, the game isn't ready yet, there is no community features, nor the online clubs and lobbies tools that were promised. Nobody can say when the course make will arrive and there is a sepulcral silence regarding DLC content.

But, the hacked cars are amongst us now. Seriously, didn't PD learned anything from GT5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back