Hybriding/save hacking arrives in GT6 - Public discussion

• Thread starter tazarii
  • 458 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although on the surface I have nothing against hacking, the problem is the people who abuse it, cheat online, and just generally ruin the game for others. The problem is that there isn't really an easy way to police the idiots and leave the sensible people. The outcome is that all hacking has to lead to bans, and is one of the reasons that causes features such as trading or gifting cars get removed, ruining it for the majority who would use these features as designed.

That said, I don't see why online there can't be a database of all the cars in the game with acceptable min and max parameters that is checked whenever someone changes car or joins the track. That way hackers can still make cars and use them offline, but not affect people online. The same check could be applied when trading and gifting.

http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php

There you can see PP min/max, HP max, kg min etc..,

Hackers ruined Gran Turismo 5 for me, the racing league I was with and countless others. It was impossible to tell if a car was legit and the excuse of 'maybe he was hacking' got thrown around quite a lot. The arguments from people accusing each other and defending themselves was unbearable. The replacement game has been out three months and guess what...

Thanks a lot. I hope you :censored:ing people have a lot of fun with your hybrids, mods, hacks and hex codes. I hope you have a blast terrifying rooms with 3000bhp Fits, drifting engine swapped Silvias and sneaking overpowered cars into fair rooms. I hope you feel like a total badass, boss and cool guy while you're doing it. I also hope you get banned, IP locked and a bricked console.

Engine/drivetrain/aspiration swaps should be in the game but they aren't. We should be able to tune our cars as ridiculously high as we want but we cant. We haven't got all the promised features because they aren't ready yet. The game has restrictions that everybody else abides by. It's only been out 3 months. Why can't you wait like the rest of us? Why must some people ruin the fun for everybody else? You've already murdered GT5, go play with your hacked cars there.

Now thanks to you, time that PD could've spent adding worthwhile features* will be wasted trying to build brick walls on shaky ground. Just so you can knock them down and feel like a winner again.

Thanks a lot /rant.

*Worthwhile is a personal view. I for one love the moon driving feature.

Edit: @srefre 👍

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice the curb weight of that Fit?
It says something like 2872 kg!
Also, the engine is 50% power limited :eek:

This was bound to happen. Soon there will be the return of engine, chassis and drivetrain swaps as the hacking tutorials spread around the internet at hyperspeed.

The super-overpowered cars can die in a fire, but the realistic mods will be interesting to see.

Hackers ruined Gran Turismo 5 for me, the racing league I was with and countless others. It was impossible to tell if a car was legit and the excuse of 'maybe he was hacking' got thrown around quite a lot. The arguments from people accusing each other and defending themselves was unbearable. The replacement game has been out three months and guess what...

Thanks a lot. I hope you :censored:ing people have a lot of fun with your hybrids, mods, hacks and hex codes. I hope you have a blast terrifying rooms with 3000bhp Fits, drifting engine swapped Silvias and sneaking overpowered cars into fair rooms. I hope you feel like a total badass, boss and cool guy while you're doing it. I also hope you get banned, IP locked and a bricked console.

Engine/drivetrain/aspiration swaps should be in the game but they aren't. We should be able to tune our cars as ridiculously high as we want but we cant. We haven't got all the promised features because they aren't ready yet. The game has restrictions that everybody else abides by. It's only been out 3 months. Why can't you wait like the rest of us? Why must some people ruin the fun for everybody else? You've already murdered GT5, go play with your hacked cars there.

Now thanks to you, time that PD could've spent adding worthwhile features* will be wasted trying to build brick walls on shaky ground. Just so you can knock them down and feel like a winner again.

Thanks a lot /rant.

*Worthwhile is a personal view. I for one love the moon driving feature.

Edit: @srefre 👍
At least we can finally have some fun with this game offline.

Great, hackers already. Everyone who hacks their game file in any way should be banned. I don't care if you think you're doing something realistic with it either. Somebody mentioned that you can't trade cars anymore so it won't spread. And that's the likely reason all of us legitimate players can't trade cars anymore. Thank you cheaters.🤬:rolleyes:👎

"Realistic" mods. I hate that term. Who is to say what is realistic? I find it ironic to leave the decision up to the person who is cheating the system in the first place.

In real life an engine swap can be really easy, or borderline impossible. You can fit a 4th Gen Camaro that came with an L32 V6 and you had the LS1 out of a Corvette. That swap would be easier, and realistic. Try to shoehorn that LS1 in place of the L61 2.2 in the Sunfire concept.

I think PD should ban any consoles and PSN accounts that are proven to be using hacked cars.

But I think that PD should have an engine swap option. But it should be limited to what can actually be accomplished in the real world.

Here is how I'd handle engine swaps
Let's say I wanted to pull the engine out of a Buick GNX and put it in the Sunfire Concept.

I'd have to buy/own both vehicles. Realistically, you'd need to do that in real life. I'd choose the Engine/drive line swap option in GT auto. The game would check a few figures, that PD could add to the game. The first figure would be a manufacturer code. ( this would be done to keep the Manufacturers happy, and even completely disallow some swaps) Both vehicles are GM so it would pass the first check. The second check would be to see if the Engine could physically be transfered over. It would also pass this check too. The third check would be a difficulty rating of the swap, and it would assign a value to the engine swap. ( Maybe it could use a 1-9 rating on engine size vs engine bay size).

Is that perfect? no. But it's keeping the playing field level.

"Realistic" mods. I hate that term. Who is to say what is realistic? I find it ironic to leave the decision up to the person who is cheating the system in the first place.

Yea, got to love that irony......"I'm cheating, but I'm doing it fairly".....:drevilvoice: Riiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhtttttttt.:rolleyes:

In fact, these supposed "realistic" mods are the worst ones. The guy with a 3000hp fit doing 1000mph is just a joke in a lobby. The guy who mods himself a extra few HP, or some grip modifier or whatever into his car isn't plainly noticeable and will dominate the lobby or any leaderboard. And most would never be the wiser to it.

Although it seems almost everyone here hates hacks, im kind of for them. Not Online obviously, and the 3,000HP cars are taking it too far, but what's the harm of doing this Offline where it doesn't affect other players? And anyway, things like Engine/Drivetrain swaps are part of car culture, it's obvious that people will try to do this if they can't usually in the game.

Although it seems almost everyone here hates hacks, im kind of for them. Not Online obviously, and the 3,000HP cars are taking it too far, but what's the harm of doing this Offline where it doesn't affect other players? And anyway, things like Engine/Drivetrain swaps are part of car culture, it's obvious that people will try to do this if they can't usually in the game.

Offline, do what ever you want. my online racing is very limited. I race with a small group of people that I have been racing with for about a year and a half. We're pretty good at kicking out the idiots, but it sucks to have the room leader drop out of a perfectly good race just to boot some r-tard.

GT5's online was ruined by the hackers. You couldn’t win a race without someone yelling hacker. The drag lobies were destroyed, by "realistic" hacks that could only get beaten by another hack. Or by using an X-1 or Veyron. I am all for a zero tollerance on hacking cars, and an automatic insta ban from PSN just for having once car that exceeeds that PD has set for it, if it's taken online.

At least we can finally have some fun with this game offline.
I have no problem with people using hacks offline. My problem comes from the fact for the one guy who keeps it offline, 9 more will take it online and do what I described. How you choose to play your game is none of my business.

People forget that online isn't part of their game. They agreed to terms and conditions to get the privilege to use Sony's network & Polyphony's servers. Terms such as "thou shalt not modify save game data" and "thou shalt not exploit" with the condition that "those who breaketh these laws shall be banished to a lonely world, to spend eternity in the depths of single player." I just hope that those who do try using hacked cars online get banished. If you break the law, knowing the risk, you deserve the punishment.

More room in the garden of Nurburgring for the rest of us

I'd lead that crusade.
there is nothing wrong with hacking....when you keep it offline and to your self. but as soon as you bring your hacked cars in to a online lobby,it makes the game unfair and you ruin every ones experience.

as for "realistic" modding. anything is possible. there has been a v8 EG6,a w12 Golf (built by Volkswagen btw) with enough time,money and trail and error,you can swap any motor in to anything. granted there has to be some limits.

EDIT #3

prime example of hacking going wrong I will point you to the Money Bomb issue in GTA: O. last I heard they finally fixed the expoilt that allowed hackers to "gift" normal players billions of dollars. ruining the games economy

Last edited:
I hate hackers like this. I don't mind hackers who swap engines and do realistic hacks. This is outrageous, and so early in the games life.

They make these first to test what they can actually do with the hacking and grab people's attention to say 'oh damn. gt6 can be hacked' surely? Besides, my extreme Cappuccino in GT5 was awesome fun XD

Looks like I can make a proper Akuma no Zetto replica soon :D 600HP Twin Turbo L28 240Z, ahahahahahaha ....

I can read GT6 replays car data since release day :lol:

So, the game isn't ready yet, there is no community features, nor the online clubs and lobbies tools that were promised. Nobody can say when the course make will arrive and there is a sepulcral silence regarding DLC content.

But, the hacked cars are amongst us now. Seriously, didn't PD learned anything from GT5?
Of course they learned something,
They learned how to troll their customers over and over again with "will come to a later update" statements.

I hate it when I have to say Turn 10/MS do something right. They get soooooooooooooooooooooooo much wrong. But this is one area they do right. You hack gamefiles on their game/system you're going to get the hammer. They even ban people who get gifted hacked cars and people who hack different rims on to their cars (example BMW rims on a Honda).

PD/Sony needs to learn from that. Hack the game in any way shape or form and ban the console.

I hate it when I have to say Turn 10/MS do something right. They get soooooooooooooooooooooooo much wrong. But this is one area they do right. You hack gamefiles on their game/system you're going to get the hammer. They even ban people who get gifted hacked cars and people who hack different rims on to their cars (example BMW rims on a Honda).

PD/Sony needs to learn from that. Hack the game in any way shape or form and ban the console.
When you've climbed down off your soap-box, maybe you'll spare a minute to consider that not everyone has the same destination when travelling the same road. You're making sweeping generalisations about several different mentalities and purposes when it comes to hacking cars and your views are very extreme. Wind it back a bit; while I agree with some of your sentiments by nature, if not degree, you can't take that stance with everyone that may embrace it. Apart from anything else, it would be commercial suicide to just start banning with impunity, even over something like 3000bhp idiot mobiles.

I ran hybrids offline for a while in GT5 just to entertain myself. One of my favourites: I swapped out the Toyota GT1 TS2020 motor for an hp modded Honda HSV engine. You know, it wasn't as fast as the original but man, it sounded better... and made the Le Mans 24hr race a blast. An improvement in my book and what's more, one that hurt nobody.

I don't see how everyone automatically assumes GT5 hacks were used to only win races online. I used mine online in cruise lobbies, in my friends private lobbies, car shows, and drift lobbies. I don't get how using them in those ruins the game for everyone... You guys can't just assume everyone used them to win, whether it was an obvious hack or a not so obvious one.

Cheating a little bit, or a lot. Either way It's still cheating.
Explain to me how changing the engine on a car to one that sounds better but is actually slower is cheating? That's a real question.

And let's keep the posts relevant to the topic rather than just making a commentary on how much trouble may or may not ensue in this thread.

When you've climbed down off your soap-box, maybe you'll spare a minute to consider that not everyone has the same destination when travelling the same road. You're making sweeping generalisations about several different mentalities and purposes when it comes to hacking cars and your views are very extreme. Wind it back a bit; while I agree with some of your sentiments by nature, if not degree, you can't take that stance with everyone that may embrace it. Apart from anything else, it would be commercial suicide to just start banning with impunity, even over something like 3000bhp idiot mobiles.

I ran hybrids offline for a while in GT5 just to entertain myself.One of my favourites: I swapped out the Toyota GT1 TS2020 motor for an hp modded Honda HSV engine. You know, it wasn't as fast as the original but man, it sounded better... and made the Le Mans 24hr race a blast. An improvement in my book and what's more, one that hurt nobody.

^ this would be the only reason I would hack(if i knew how) just to amuse myself mostly. this post is the prefect example why offline hacking is ok.

to people who think this affected the trading system for gt6
i think you cant trade cars because there is no community features available yet.
unless im wrong & its confirmed by PD that there will be no trading system

Explain to me how changing the engine on a car to one that sounds better but is actually slower is cheating? That's a real question.

And let's keep the posts relevant to the topic rather than just making a commentary on how much trouble may or may not ensue in this thread.

Changing you saved game with a program that is not endorsed by PS or Sony. How is that not cheating?

Changing you saved game with a program that is not endorsed by PS or Sony. How is that not cheating?
You've avoided the question.

I'll answer yours though, if you'll answer mine.

Cheat - act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.

So my question remains; how am I cheating exactly by making a slower car and using it entirely within my own off-line races and free-runs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back