Hybriding/save hacking arrives in GT6 - Public discussion

• Thread starter tazarii
  • 458 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've avoided the question.

I'll answer yours though, if you'll answer mine.

Cheat - act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.

So my question remains; how am I cheating exactly by making a slower car and using it entirely within my own off-line races and free-runs?

So changing your save file with a program not endorsed by PD or Sony is 100% honest? Slower or not, It's still cheating.

Flat out, you do not own the the program(GT6) so you have no right to adjust or change anything within that program. And so...... All people who modify there save files should be banned, simple as that.
Oh come off it. That's a draconian attitude and benefits no-one.
So changing your save file with a program not endorsed by PD or Sony is 100% honest? Slower or not, It's still cheating.
By the definition of cheating, it isn't cheating.

I can understand people's objections to hacked cars not being used in public lobbies and TTs online, of course but beyond that, you're just throwing your opinions out there with scant thought for what that means. Stop pretending yours are the only opinions that count because you 'follow the official line'; there are no kudos points for that, you won't get a post card from PD thanking you for your support. It isn't black and white and no matter how opinionated you are, what people do in the privacy of their own PS3 is no-one else's business.

Its these cut-and-dried, no-debate statements that breed trouble, on both sides of the fence. So once again I'm saying wind it back in a bit.

Last edited:
Flat out, you do not own the the program(GT6) so you have no right to adjust or change anything within that program. And so...... All people who modify there save files should be banned, simple as that.

Changing the game within the limits that PD allows without using an outside source is ok. Using the hack tool......cheating. No matter how you do it, or what you do in the program It's cheating.

Edit: Changing your save file with an outside program isn't honest, and is cheating.

, what people do in the privacy of their own PS3 is no-one else's business.

You are no longer in the confines of your own ps3 when you go online. For the most part, people don't care what you do "offline" it's when you cheat online. learn that there is a difference.

Last edited:
Changing the game within the limits that PD allows without using an outside source is ok. Using the hack tool......cheating. No matter how you do it, or what you do in the program It's cheating.
You've made your point and its quite clear you aren't going to listen to anyone else's. Fine, its your opinion. 👍 Please do not post it again if you're not going to engage anyone in enlightened debate.

I'm always amazed at the lengths people go to to justify cheating. It is what it is, plain and simple. You may not use it to gain a unfair advantage but how do you propose to stop those who will? If you can't it should be stopped altogether. Besides what does it prove? You can cheat better than others? It proves how totally dishonest you were to start with and bad that you couldn't win fairly. Sad really!

You are no longer in the confines of your own ps3 when you go online. For the most part, people don't care what you do "offline" it's when you cheat online. learn that there is a difference.
I can understand people's objections to hacked cars not being used in public lobbies and TTs online, of course...

The problem is, PD blocks things that are already in the game! Like the FOV options @Hyland mentioned. They block us from doing these things that improve the game. Have no clue why they do that.

Beacuse changing your FOV is/was such a shuge advantage over others.

:rolleyes:

I'm not reading that entire thread, but that looks to be related to a secret menu. If that is in the game, and not patched out. Then that is comparing an apple to a truck. It's not really the same as hacking a car with an outside program.

I'm not reading that entire thread, but that looks to be related to a secret menu. If that is in the game, and not patched out. Then that is comparing an apple to a truck. It's not really the same as hacking a car with an outside program.

But I don't recall being able to access the menu without an outside program.

But I don't recall being able to access the menu without an outside program.
If that is the case, and you needed an outside program , not edndorded by PD or Sony then It's cheating. Same point, just applied to a different situation.

Not sure how that applies, when your using a menu option :rolleyes:.
Except I had to modify/hack my save data.

It was made unavailable/patched out - beacuse PD.

My point was simply that not everyone used it to make people's time online in GT5 miserable.

Oh hey. Now there's something of value to do in GT6.

Flat out, you do not own the the program(GT6) so you have no right to adjust or change anything within that program
I like all the legal scholars who keep throwing this argument around. Was just as much of a hoot when GT5 hybriding was starting.

You may not use it to gain a unfair advantage but how do you propose to stop those who will?
Those promised community features that are still nowhere to be seen would do a damn good job at it. They also already have the ability to check car data integrity.

If that is the case, and you needed an outside program , not edndorded by PD or Sony then It's cheating. Same point, just applied to a different situation.
Adjusting the camera is cheating.

:lol:

Last edited:
Vagabond
I can understand people's objections to hacked cars not being used in public lobbies and TTs online, of course...

And the latter is just a matter of time once people start hacking, and also the reason why this news blows. I mainly run TTs in this game, and hacking ruined TTs in GT5 and it will ruin TTs in GT6. Which sucks for the people who actually have the skill to run top 100 times like you and me, but who are then pushed out by 50 talentless kids in X2014 hybrids or whatever those "cars" are.

Last edited:
And the latter is just a matter of time once people start hacking, and also the reason why this news blows. I mainly run TTs in this game, and hacking ruined TTs in GT5 and it will ruin TTs in GT6. Which sucks for the people who actually have the skill to run top 100 times like you and me, but who are then pushed out by 50 talentless kids in X2014 hybrids or whatever those "cars" are.
I do entirely agree with this. 👍

Adjusting the camera is cheating.

:lol:

It is not inherently a bad thing, but as our prophet has decreed we have no use of such a thing it has been decreed a sin and those who partake must be punished.

On a slightly more serious note, I think if some people in this thread ventured into PC gaming they would have a heart attack.:lol:

As a (sometimes) software engineer I understand fully why people hack, or deconstruct, or reverse compile, or generally mess with the parameters.

I'm sure we all rewired our digital clocks in the 80s just to see what they could be made to say, right? :D

What irritates me is when people use mods or hacks (the same thing from different viewpoints) to cheat or to generally spoil the online experience for other people.

Hackers are an important facet in software development, but if all they can produce is 3000bhp Fits then meh :)

Can't say I'm fussed either way, maybe now this information is out there 'in the wild' it will force some updates/fixes/workarounds.
The downside may be resources spent trying to prevent these kind of shenanigans might delay the features we've all been waiting for.

Wow!

I could really care less about who does what, hacking or not. I think I am more surprised by the moderator's take on this. TOS definitely says you cannot change/modify game saves. Therefore sounds like you are condoning or saying its just fine to do this as long as you dont "cheat"?

People will cheat doing this. Cheating happens in every sport pushing limits and rules. So because you like the sound of an engine it just gives you the right to change the save file?

I do remember a moderator make it quite clear about not putting their name to doing the money glitch (in the infamous money glitch thread.) Never mind putting your name to hacking in GT5 and/or GT6. Just an observation.

Are there more cons than pros when hacking? Or vice-versa? That's what I'm asking myself.

Wow!

I could really care less about who does what, hacking or not. I think I am more surprised by the moderator's take on this. TOS definitely says you cannot change/modify game saves. Therefore sounds like you are condoning or saying its just fine to do this as long as you dont "cheat"?

People will cheat doing this. Cheating happens in every sport pushing limits and rules. So because you like the sound of an engine it just gives you the right to change the save file?

I do remember a moderator make it quite clear about not putting their name to doing the money glitch (in the infamous money glitch thread.) Never mind putting your name to hacking in GT5 and/or GT6. Just an observation.

Here's another obversation, and I mean this with no ill-will attached:

It isn't our responsibility to police, punish, or otherwise prohibit the discussion of something we have no control over.

And I'll toss something else in the bag just because it came to mind - wasn't it Kazunori himself who said he and the team were actually learning what to implement in future games because of this? People can cry from as many rooftops as they'd like to, but at the end, guess what, it's working as a means of public voice.

Whether the intent was pure or not.

Here's another obversation, and I mean this with no ill-will attached:

It isn't our responsibility to police, punish, or otherwise prohibit the discussion of something we have no control over.

And I'll toss something else in the bag just because it came to mind - wasn't it Kazunori himself who said he and the team were actually learning what to implement in future games because of this? People can cry from as many rooftops as they'd like to, but at the end, guess what, it's working as a means of public voice.

Whether the intent was pure or not.
Honestly I dont have a problem with it. I was just clearly stating how (even the moderators) have different takes on these sorts of issues. And to me there will never be a compromising solution. So people will go back and forth over this (as was in GT5 and the money glitch).

Great! Innovation is a good thing did I say it wasnt?

No need to take offense, it seems there is alot of layers to it (TOS, cheating, getting better ideas for PD to implement)

Maybe it came out wrong I just thought it was, I guess, refreshing to hear different point of views.

Edit
I did do the money glitch one time through and when the moderator mentioned that within the thread it definitley came off as "policing"...probably even scared some people from doing it! Lol

Last edited:
I don't think T12 meant to imply that he took offense. He was just making it clear (and there have been quite a few members who have suicided their accounts because they can't handle it in the past, hence his deliberate wording) that the main thing involved is that the GT Planet moderation staff is not in charge of enforcing Sony's PSN Terms of Service.

I'd lead that crusade.

Well, thankfully for those who dislike the hacking, the online rooms have settings for PP, weight, and horsepower all at the same time. I already prefer to have a weight minimum so the rooms aren't flooded with unbalanced cars like the RS focus, the RX 500, etc.

Set a reasonable horsepower limit and/or weight limit and hacks won't be able to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back