Hybriding/save hacking arrives in GT6 - Public discussion

• Thread starter tazarii
  • 458 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for you, what would you think if the person wasn't using the car to win, like in a cruise or drift lobby, but they were simply just trying to cruise and drift? Is that still cheating?

I really do not care what people do in drift or cruise lobbies, I have already stated that my problem is when people go into online racing and TT's.

But the bottom line is, without the hacks, there is no cheating. There is a direct correlation, without one, you cannot have the other.

I figured as much, though it should have been clear last night. Normally I catch on to people whose argument hinges entirely on trying to dictate morality over minutiae much quicker, but I've had a bad week. It became evident soon enough, I guess.

Show me p3bucky and Tornado where I was the one twisting "everything". I assume you are talking about me Tornado after last night and your pretty hopeless way of trying to discuss something, constantly trying to bring up other instances and hypothetical situations into an already hypothetical situation. Come on, put your mouth where your money is and show me these instances you slander me with.

Then after you present your proof, I will present mine. And I only have to read and comprehend what I am reading to see that you nearly everyone of you guys on the pro hacking team use all sorts of Straw man arguments. I give clear answers on the subject without "twisting anything" and what was actually written, while you guys pick and choose quotes, then present them in a manner to support yourselves. Please show me these instances where I was the one twisting everything? It is so easy to say these things without proof or showing any examples.....

Yes it is a scene, but mostly it's about having the most fun possible whether it's just you or tandeming your friends whilst pushing your cars to the absolute limit.

Saying that we are 'cheating' because we want to simulate our own cars into the game is just pathetic.

Some people say using SRF is cheating. I suppose it's a flexible term with many definitions and interpretations.

Some people say using SRF is cheating. I suppose it's a flexible term with many definitions and interpretations.

SRF stops you from drifting?
How is it cheating, it gives you a disadvantage.
If you use that when you're trying to drift, you need help...

If being scored on drift, like in a serious drifting lobby, maybe judges watching the tandem drifting and scoring on it, it "could" be cheating.

Consider this situation, Take a car that handles very well in the drift, but you cannot get the throttle control down right for the engine at hand, it may be too peaky or whatever, but whatever you do, you cannot throttle control it correctly.

So say you swap out this engine for an engine you find much easier to throttle control and keep at the peak RPM for your drift, but also now has a car that can handle the drift suspension wise perfectly. This is a clear advantage over anyone else who has not modded a car. You can put your perfect combination of whatever you make, the perfect drift car, they have to work with what the game gives them, like everyone else.

Let me present a question back to you know JDM, do you see this situation as being OK?

SRF stops you from drifting?
How is it cheating, it gives you a disadvantage.
If you use that when you're trying to drift, you need help...

Get your mind off drifting for a second. He meant in general some people say SRF is cheating, as in, some people use the term very loose.

Cheating is a very subjective word and dictionary meanings are not always the best way to convey a meaning.

This is exactly what I am taling about also, instead of staying on the task at hand, the pro team constantly tries to nitpick apart arguments with selective quoting and what have you, instead of staying on the subject at hand and directly answering the post that was presented.

And then someone has the audacity to say I was the one twisting the words.... unbelievable that some people actually convince themselves these things in their own heads and have such a blinded misguided view of the world.

Last edited:

LOL, no time at all. LOL. Here were go with the cruises now.
The software whole was bad enough and now that people are hybridizing again and already, some will never learn or understand.

99.9% of the post in this thread had me laughing so bloody hard my belly started to hurt.

If being scored on drift, like in a serious drifting lobby, maybe judges watching the tandem drifting and scoring on it, it "could" be cheating.

Consider this situation, Take a car that handles very well in the drift, but you cannot get the throttle control down right for the engine at hand, it may be too peaky or whatever, but whatever you do, you cannot throttle control it correctly.

So say you swap out this engine for an engine you find much easier to throttle control and keep at the peak RPM for your drift, but also now has a car that can handle the drift suspension wise perfectly. This is a clear advantage over anyone else who has not modded a car. You can put your perfect comination of whatever yo make the perfect drift car, they have to work with what the game gives them, like everyone else.

Let me present a question back to you know JDM, do you see this situation as being OK?

FFS it's not cheating, that means everyone in real life with an engine swap when drifting is a cheat.

There is no perfect drift combination, the only tune that is right is what works for you and suits your driving.

Let's say a 450hp SR20 powered 180sx is going up against a 650hp RB25det powered 180sx.
The power difference is taken into judgement and the person with the lower power is given leniency when chasing the car with more power and vice versa.

If you don't know how something is judged, don't comment on it

FFS it's not cheating, that means everyone in real life with an engine swap when drifting is a cheat.

There is no perfect drift combination, the only tune that is right is what works for you and suits your driving.

Let's say a 450hp SR20 powered 180sx is going up against a 650hp RB25det powered 180sx.
The power difference is taken into judgement and the person with the lower power is given leniency when chasing the car with more power and vice versa.

If you don't know how something is judged, don't comment on it

This is not real life, not everyone in the game can engine swap, you keep harping back to real life over and over, you are playing a game with restrictions in it, something that usually in real life you can get around, without the need to "hack" the world.

And there is a perfect tune for every driver, maybe not the perfect tune for all drivers of the one car, but with engine swaps onto a chassis of another car you could find the perfect drift car for "you", Something you may not have been able to do without hacking, and something 99% of the rest of the people playing the game do not have that option.

This is a clear and present advantage over the other competitors in the game, again, we are not talking about real life here.

@subsist I'd call that "unfair". Not exactly cheating in drifting. Unless of course it breaks rules and regulations in say, a drifting competition, then it would be cheating.

OK I think we're done here.

It was necessary catharsis to have an open discussion at the advent of the first mention of hacking arriving in GT6 but its far from epidemic at this point, so I'm closing this in the interests of avoiding an endless circular discussion on the definition of what is considered cheating and what is morally correct vs the obvious legal implications of hacking and editing game assets, which, like it or not, is still against the EULA for GT6.

Now we wait and see what transpires and what the reaction of PD/Sony will be to this emergent phenomenon. Please do not start this up again in a new topic. There is nothing to be gained and little more that can be said until either the infection becomes epidemic or there is a noteworthy official response.

Thanks. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back