Hyper car

• Thread starter Lofty L
  • 50 comments
The Dodge SRT Tomahawk (not sure which one - the only eligible #Road model) just crushed the Hypercar races. No tuning, no extras, just got in it and won! Almost seemed like cheating.

I haven't used a lot thus far, but I am thrilled to race super/hyper cars against one other in these events. So far I've used (all stock except for brakes and RH tires):

918 Spider
LaFerrari
F1
AMG GT Black Series

Predictably, of that group the Ferrari is the fastest and the F1 is the most difficult to drive. The Spider is the easiest to drive but also the slowest. The AMG is very easy to drive fast and can outpace the 918 no problem. If you really enjoy the 918 I'd recommend an aftermarket gearbox with adjustable ratios because the stock box has stupid high gearing.

Honestly the LaFerrari is basically cheating. You can make multiple mistakes and still easily win. Of note, the F1 can very easily win on La Sarthe (everyone knows how crazy it's top end is). Looking forward to trying out the 911 GT1 against the group next.

I raced:
  • Road version of Tomahawk on Trial Mountain- too easy
  • Bugatti Veyron on Sarthe- my tune sucks but car goes so fast down the straights that it's not even a contest
  • Lamborghini Veneno in Kyoto- was too easy as well
I'm very glad that we finally got some no-PP races with decent payouts for road cars as all my supercars were just collecting dust. I can finally use them now. It seems like the races are very easy so probably just about anything up there in pp should do.

My favorite cars to use in these events so far aren’t even hyper cars. A fully tuned GT-R R35 and Aventador have both given me bigger margins of wins than Enzo, LaFerrari and Veneno, which are the only 3 hyper cars I’ve attempted the races with. The Veneno is a massive disappointment compared to the Aventador.
I suppose I’ll dust off the Tomahawk tonight and give that a whirl.

Trial mountain with the Tomahawk s,reminds me of the early grinding days of GT7.Im not a fan of rally tracks so this was my go to grind race.
AM Vulcan for the other 2.

I kinda assumed I'd need something beefy when I saw Veneno, Veyron, Mclaren F1 etc.

So went with the Jag VGT which was a roulette gift. Used it at Trial Mountain and Le Mans for simple wins.

F40 at Kyoto for the twisties. Wish I'd done them all in F40 TBH.

Last edited:
F8, FXX, La Ferrari, Enzo, 918, Huayra. All easy. Looks like anything in the 750pp and up will win without pushing it. F40 sounds fun. I'll try that next.

F8, FXX, La Ferrari, Enzo, 918, Huayra. All easy. Looks like anything in the 750pp and up will win without pushing it. F40 sounds fun. I'll try that next.
What tyres did you put on the Pagani?

I went with stock and Sports Soft and I beat the rapidly onrushing Veneno by around 3 seconds

The easiest cars to win all 3 races stock (no changes even in the tyres) are:

-LaFerrari
-FXX K
-Veneno
-Vulcan
-Huayra

This, against AI on Hard. Other stock cars it will be difficult. Tried the 918 Spyder in Trial Mountain and the Vulcan that started on pole just kept lapping almost as fast as me. After lap 3 it gets ultra pace out of nowhere.

The Tomahawk S can also be used but that's pretty much cheating. It just blows the competition away.

I'm excited that I can now race my hypercars and exotics without having to nerf them down to 800pp. Going to be a fun weekend.

I'll be using my FXX, LaFerrari, 918, 911 GT1, A couple badass 911 GT3's I've built plus my Zonda R, Bugatti, Citroen GT, and Ford GT.

Last edited:
I did all the hypercar races in my fully built GT-R. Somewhere around 950 HP, Race Softs, very fun.
I do have to leave TCR on and set to 1, and I put the torque distribution to 50:50 or the rear end breaks free even shifting into 3rd. Gotta take it easy getting on the throttle in the turns as well but when you can put the hammer down the car just flies.

I think my top speed hit was 235+ at La Sarthe headed into Indianapolis. Probably going to spend the weekend screwing around with other built cars I have to see what can hang

This was too easy with the FXX-K, I'm going to try with a slower car, because this looked like a time trial.

Yup, the road going Tomahawk S I think it is. Its pretty much eviscerates the hypercar field due to it's superior top end speed.

The Lamborghini VGT (not the Gr.1) makes mincemeat of the opposition. I used a tune by @madmyk and changed some things so the front end wasn't too darty. I think I also added ballast and decreased power to around 800pp. Here's his tune:

1659491050845.png

Last edited:
3UZ-FE swapped Tundra.
I built a nearly 800hp Raptor and finished second with it. Could not catch the Vulcan, and honestly did not expect to. That said, a powerful Tundra would be equally entertaining.

Last edited:
So this is yet another event where the name doesn't really matter, you can just enter any car again? Well It sets the AI cars, but why don't they want to properly restrict the player entry? The old games forced you to try cars you wouldn't usually because they were required for the event.

Last edited:
So this is yet another event where the name doesn't really matter, you can just enter any car again? Well It sets the AI cars, but why don't they want to properly restrict the player entry? The old games forced you to try cars you wouldn't usually because they were required for the event.
Sure, but the old games would not lace the street car events with full blown race cars.

In this instance they have a Vulcan which is not a street car so limiting it to street cars would be unwinnable. If all the AI cars were street focused road cars, then limit it to same. Here though, the main protagonist is a race car, so no limits allows us to counter with an FXX, Zonda R, or Race-Tire equipped road car.

I'm good with this but I agree that the more focused events of the old games were better to get you to use cars that you usually wouldn't. This game is far from the original games in many respects.

Sure, but the old games would not lace the street car events with full blown race cars.

In this instance they have a Vulcan which is not a street car so limiting it to street cars would be unwinnable. If all the AI cars were street focused road cars, then limit it to same. Here though, the main protagonist is a race car, so no limits allows us to counter with an FXX, Zonda R, or Race-Tire equipped road car.

I'm good with this but I agree that the more focused events of the old games were better to get you to use cars that you usually wouldn't. This game is far from the original games in many respects.
Well yes, the AI opponent cars is the other issue. They just don't seem to be putting the same effort and love into the events that they used to. So many generic event names that they recycle, the biggest joke being "World Touring Car" events with cars that are anything but.

The only restriction this event has is that you have to use road cars... And yet the track day Hypercars can enter this race lol.

I wouldn't mind if they could, but at the very least make a pp restriction OR make the AI have fully tuned widebody cars.

A Fully Tuned Huayra, Veneno, Aventador, Enzo, 918 Spyder, LaFerrari, Veyron, F1, Carrera GT would give the track day hypercars a run for their money or even be on their level. Would be a much better field.
Add a 800pp restriction, make it a grid start or a double row rolling start, with Magiore level AI and it would be an awesome event.

With this said, here's a custom race to plan for the future (once the AI gets better and once I no longer have the need to care about payouts which is going to take a long time)

Instead, it's the generic unmemorable event that you will do once and never again because:

-Single row 10 meters between car rolling start.
-You start at the back.
-Fastest AI cars at the front, slowest at the back.
-AI is still slow af.
-You can enter with any road car with any kind of pp, even the 900+ pp Tomahawk S that blitzes through these events.
-The payouts are ****.

These three events are still easy to win with "mid level" hypercars. You don't need a LaFerrari or anything similar to win. I think they're great the way they are. Even a well driven stock F40 can win at Trial Mtn (on RH tires).

(I use the "hard" game setting)

These three events are still easy to win with "mid level" hypercars. You don't need a LaFerrari or anything similar to win. I think they're great the way they are. Even a well driven stock F40 can win at Trial Mtn (on RH tires).

(I use the "hard" game setting)

LoL "even a well driven stock F40 can win" ... And then you mention Racing Hard tires, which make a world of difference compared to any of the Sports tires which is what the AI use.

Try using an actual stock F40, with it's factory tires... Forget about winning, you would be hard pressed to get a podium (depending on the field you get).

Back