Hyper car

• Thread starter Lofty L
  • 50 comments
I used a F40 tuned to Competizone spec using RH tires, car is pretty twitchy at Trial Mountain but the race was pretty fun.

Going to try the same track using my Diablo tuned to GTR spec.

I just used the FXX with RH tires because the Vulcan is the only ai that uses the same tires, all the other ai are using SM or SH. The FXX was also a gift car so I have put 0 credits into this.

These are the type of races that I complete once and never think about again because how poorly thought out they are.

Last edited:
These three events are still easy to win with "mid level" hypercars. You don't need a LaFerrari or anything similar to win. I think they're great the way they are. Even a well driven stock F40 can win at Trial Mtn (on RH tires).

(I use the "hard" game setting)
Agreed, easy but fine the way they are. I like the option to use a bonkers hyper-car or exotic car I built with tons of power or a more docile street car and challenge myself.

The Vulcan in all three races seems to gain insane pace out of nowhere during the 3rd lap, in one race it was in 5th and ended up within half a second of me by the end.

LoL "even a well driven stock F40 can win" ... And then you mention Racing Hard tires, which make a world of difference compared to any of the Sports tires which is what the AI use.

Try using an actual stock F40, with it's factory tires... Forget about winning, you would be hard pressed to get a podium (depending on the field you get).
You start in last place, might as well have some advantage. Also how do you tell what tires the competition is using? I didn't think that was visible.

Also how do you tell what tires the competition is using? I didn't think that was visible.
You can see the tread pattern (or lack of) in replays. Though this won’t tell you which compound they’re running, you can see if they’re running comforts, sports or racing tires at least.
It shows when they pit what tires they’re using and where their fuel level is on those races where pitting is needed.
There are other ways but these 2 are quick, easy and everyone can do with no searching around.

You can see the tread pattern (or lack of) in replays. Though this won’t tell you which compound they’re running, you can see if they’re running comforts, sports or racing tires at least.
It shows when they pit what tires they’re using and where their fuel level is on those races where pitting is needed.
There are other ways but these 2 are quick, easy and everyone can do with no searching around.
Of the other ways such as unpacking the game data and seeing the AI cars specs for each race perhaps?

The Vulcan in all three races seems to gain insane pace out of nowhere during the 3rd lap, in one race it was in 5th and ended up within half a second of me by the end.
Once it gets past the leaders it lets rip! I'd got in the lead once thinking I was safe and relaxing a bit - and it went whizzing past me, quite out of the blue!

Last edited:
I usually race against the AI with cars that have less power (lower PP) but more grip (SS or RH tires). Doing it this way means that you'll be able to race closely with them but still pass mid turn off line when the AI inexplicably brakes for no reason.

You start in last place, might as well have some advantage. Also how do you tell what tires the competition is using? I didn't think that was visible.
Go to the Replay —> Replay Options —> Display Race Info and change it to Display All, it’s always off as default.

This allows you to cycle through all the cars with the hud on to see what tires they’re using.

Last edited:
Back