Hyundai announce "N" performance division, nabs EX Head BMW M division engineer in the process.

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by TorqueHappenS08, Dec 24, 2014.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

A white i30 Fastback N just drove past my house. Really sporty looking thing. Sounded like it had flappy paddles the way it was accelerating. Popping on each upshift. Thought i30 N models are only manuals.

2. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

They are for now, so it would have been. 8-Speed DCT isn't available until next year.

Speaking of...

[​IMG]

If only they sold this in the US. :tdown:

3. 05XR8

05XR8

Just had a look at the FB in the online dealership. $46kAUD drive away price. The hatch is $45k. In this price range, buyers get heaps for their dollar. Worth a look.

Stirring up some feels, from when my Aunt was one of the first Excel owners in '86. She had "PHASE1"( NY plates). :lol:

Shame neither Toyota nor Mazda, have an answer for it.

4. 05XR8

05XR8

5. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Hyundai i20 N spotted testing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not much to see except it is packing a rather meaty wing. Bucket seats are visible here:
    [​IMG]

6. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Question I have is, are they using the existing 1.6L or the new Smartstream version?

7. 05XR8

05XR8

I want the bench seat version.

8. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

Being that the Fiesta ST no longer exists, Hyundai should bring this car as well as the I30N to the states and call it quits on the Veloster. The Veloster only sold 12k units in 2019, which was actually less than in 2017, the final year of the first-gen model. I can only predict that sales will decline further in the coming years. The I20N and I30N are much more conventional hot hatches than the Veloster from a sales perspective. At the end of the day, it seems silly to buy a car with three doors and with less interior room and worse fuel economy than the Accent, yet costs nearly $5,000 more. And I say this as a proud Veloster owner.

9. 05XR8

05XR8

Aren't small hatches on the decline in the USA? It'd be a non-profit able move. Especially now.
    Hate to say, it'd be a hard sell even here in Australia.

10. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Even in the UK/European market, B-segment hot hatches with around 200hp are on the decline. There's the Fiesta ST, Mini Cooper S, Polo GTI, Audi A1 40 TFSI and... That's it. Less than half the number of options there were a decade ago. :boggled:

11. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

12. 05XR8

05XR8

Yep. that's the one.

13. Aphelion

Aphelion