I present to you: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally GT4-like :crazy:

Is that all PS3 can do? I think so :indiff:

GT4's Nürburgring was already pretty accurate how do you want GT5p's to be a major update of it ?

even Forza2's one and PGR4*'s one (*said to have beautiful tracks )aren't so accurate

edit : the guy can't drive at all ,he is putting the same on GT5p and making it look a ****ty game !

Totally GT4-like :crazy:

Is that all PS3 can do? I think so :indiff:
One has to wonder how in hell did you come to the conclusion thats the PS3? This is obviously just the GT4 version with a graphical update and clearly does not represent the finished product seeing as once again the GP circuit is not used. I'm starting to think if this does happen to be included in an update for GT5P, it'll be the GT4 version and then for proper GT5, we'll have the combined GP & Nordscheliefe.

I realy dont know why epeople are whining about the quality of the track. I dont give a monkeys if its the GT4 version with graphics updates because the GT4 version is the best version out there. Now to those who are whining just build a bridge and get over yourselves. move along.

I don't care what the tree's look like......

I don't care what the grass look's like......

I dont even care what the armco look's like......

i still want this as a DLC and i want it now......

Well, It might not be "the final version", but still, no track in GT5P is mind blowin' graphically wise, and no track has that "dirty" look I'm looking for.

Car modeling/lighting/details in GT5P: Pure awesomeness

Track feeling and enviroments: Nothing out of the ordinary/pool table feeling, too clean, too shiny.

Theres a solution for you then. Its called program your own game. It beats me why some people bash games so much when they cant even develop their own game.

it's a shame the guy playing cannot drive, bumper cam or onboard would have been better too

It only makes sense to release it as a marginally updated GT4 version, save the proper version for GT5.

What's wrong with the GT4 version of the Ring? It was a masterpiece! I'd be ecstatic to get an upgraded version of the GT4 Ring (with GT5P physics) as DLC. However, what the video does highlight is the continuing weak collision physics & lack of damage. :indiff: THAT'S what PD need to be working on.

yeah a updated gt4 version of the ring would be fine. It really is a masterpiece and man that simulator just is awesome. I need something like this for my livingroom *gg*

Well, It might not be "the final version", but still, no track in GT5P is mind blowin' graphically wise, and no track has that "dirty" look I'm looking for.

Car modeling/lighting/details in GT5P: Pure awesomeness

Track feeling and enviroments: Nothing out of the ordinary/pool table feeling, too clean, too shiny.

I agree. The other driving games (besides GT4) that has the Nordschleife track are PGR4 and Forza 2 and while I'm not familar with the former, the latter is easily bested by the one in the video. I always find the Forza version to be wider than need be, rather flat and the hue is a tad on the warm side. This track is suppose to be narrow and twisty with a pronounced sense of elevation and there's gritty quality to the track- more cold than warm. It's not your regular race track and GT4 while may be a little too washed out in term of saturation, has the other element intact. From what I see on the video, the contrast and the colour has improved (although a little too saturated for my taste but easily adjustable).

I do hope PD will release the N-Ring for the Spec III
but it's not surprising they will add the track
since PD added F2007 in Spec II which is pretty generous

I think it looks good though its youtube qwality video it cant show everything. I really hope they put it in the store soon for free.

So as not to get everyone excited we are already at GT5P Spec II.

The Spec II title came along with the update that allowed ABS to be switched off, that's not to say they may not release the 'ring, rather that Spec II beingon it just indicates it using the same build that we currently have.

Regards

Scaff

Sorry Scaff maybe my point here was lost on everyone and I should be more to the point... you are exactly right, we are all using Spec II.. and as shown in that pic they are racing the ring using Spec II... What more proof can you possibly want that there is a version of GT5 Prologue that includes the green hell.

Whether its an upscaled GT4 version or not is not important. Everyone here has been bitching about having this track included and here you finally see a copy of Prologue that includes the ring and people are still not happy.

My understanding (and I could be wrong) was the PD spent a LOT of time and money filming photographing and measuring the ring for GT4.. will they go back and remeasure and refilm ?? I'd be surprised if they did as they should already have all the data they need, its just a matter of translating that into HD and including the extras they didnt have the processing power to include in GT4.

Of Course, even if the Graphics of this version of the 'ring are not done, wouldn't it be cool driving around it with the physics of the new Engine?

There arn't really any tracks in GT5:P that have speedy hills, which could test how well it does Positive and Negative vertical G-Forces, Your car would turn better at the bottoms of the dips, and lose grip over the top. It would make some very interesting driving on Pro, With the Amuse of course :) Now that would be insane!!!!

My understanding (and I could be wrong) was the PD spent a LOT of time and money filming photographing and measuring the ring for GT4.. will they go back and remeasure and refilm ?? I'd be surprised if they did as they should already have all the data they need, its just a matter of translating that into HD and including the extras they didnt have the processing power to include in GT4.

They might, or they might not. A problem is that the track is not the same after the 4+ years since they last mapped it. Perhaps portions have been smoothed, signs have been added/removed, buildings have been built/demolished, etc. If the same version from GT4 was included in GT5, believe me, a whole lot of people would be pissed.

Besides, it is quite apparent to me from the "GT-R: Inside Story" vids that Kazunori Yamauchi loves this track. He is already known to be a perfectionist; why would he settle for a lower-grade version of his favorite tracks when so much effort has been put into others? I'm not saying PD won't use the old GT4 as a reference or guideline or something like that, but it is absurd to think that KY would settle for a simple HD upgrade of a track he really loves.

Although ity seems to be done in every aspect of making it playable, totally integrated into GT5:P. All the AI lines are done, guide line, Logos, Textures. But I can't really tell much about the details in this low-res vid, the 3D 'Wireframe' seems to be old, like the one from GT4.

I just hope ppl don't go mad about this and say things like 'Release now pls!!!!!!!!!!!!' and rubbish like that, they will release when they choose, wether it be in ProLogue or not.

GT4's nurburgring is hands down, the best version ever put into a video game.

update the rumble strip's, fix up the barriers&backrounds and HD everything out. done

I agree. The other driving games (besides GT4) that has the Nordschleife track are PGR4 and Forza 2 and while I'm not familar with the former, the latter is easily bested by the one in the video. I always find the Forza version to be wider than need be, rather flat and the hue is a tad on the warm side. This track is suppose to be narrow and twisty with a pronounced sense of elevation and there's gritty quality to the track- more cold than warm. It's not your regular race track and GT4 while may be a little too washed out in term of saturation, has the other element intact. From what I see on the video, the contrast and the colour has improved (although a little too saturated for my taste but easily adjustable).

Ive played the Forza 2 Nordschliefe today and it does have a lot more stuff behind the barriers (tents and spectators) than the GT4 version , It also has a lot better elevation changes and colours than GT4 but the handling in the game is way off. Still I much rather the GT4 version of the track because the bumps on the road surface and most other aspects of the Nurburgring are way better than Forza 2 or Project Gotham. In all honesty I dont care if they give us a polished version of the GT4 track.

If the same version from GT4 was included in GT5, believe me, a whole lot of people would be pissed.
No a lot of people wont be pissed. Just a small majority (like you for one) that is never happy will be pissed. If you dont like it go work for PD and build a perfect Green hell. We all will see how great your Green hell is then.

I don't think PD will go to the expense of sending an entire team to Germany to remodel the circuit, especially when most of the important data and imagery has been collected. Certainly not for the purpose of seeing whether or not there have been any trees chopped down since they were last there.

I believe that there has always been a 'Ring, I believe it was one of the first tracks that was programmed using devkits for the PS3 and has been around since GTHD. Polyphony are holding it back and they have every right to do so. Their main focus at the moment, I think, is modelling damage and online features. If they really had any intention of giving us the 'Ring, they would have done so already.

What about rFactor's version of the track? Or where you refering only to console games?

OMG, is it me or does the gearstick really move?! I didn't think they would go that much into detail - that's nice!

phewy... I thought I was gonna come in here and see, "OMFG! It's available in the Demo!" oh well. Nice news though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back