I present to you: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would much rather PD spent time working on AI, collision physics & damage for GT5, than waste it on remapping the already superb GT4 Ring.

I would much rather PD spent time working on AI, collision physics & damage for GT5, than waste it on remapping the already superb GT4 Ring.

its not that much that needs to be done. the shape of the track hasn't changed, only some of the rumblestrips are now different
(identical to the ones on road america)

Looks more real than the GT5 Prologue 24 h. demo.

its the same layout. bumps and elevation changes ext.

No a lot of people wont be pissed. Just a small majority (like you for one) that is never happy will be pissed. If you dont like it go work for PD and build a perfect Green hell. We all will see how great your Green hell is then.
I don't think PD will go to the expense of sending an entire team to Germany to remodel the circuit, especially when most of the important data and imagery has been collected. Certainly not for the purpose of seeing whether or not there have been any trees chopped down since they were last there.

Ouch... getting flamed hurts. I'm sorry about that, I let my ego get the better of me when I posted that. I really enjoy racing the Ring, and frequently pop GT4 in just to race it. I will really enjoy it if/when the Ring comes out for GT5:P even if it's just an HD GT4 version.

I would rather the Nurburgring was redone properly and wait for it in GT5, even if that is Xmas 2009, rather than it just be an upgrated GT4 port included in Prologue.

One of my favorite things in GT4 when I wasn't doing anything serious was to cruise around the Nurburgring in the Ford Model T. It was really only at that (slow) speed that you could appreciate all the detail that went into the track that you just never saw at normal race speed. It was an eyeopener to the attention to detail that PD went to.

Now I want to see what a PS3 can do. I want to see the Nurburgring in full rerendered 1080p glory. I appreciate the actual track will hardly have changed since GT4, but that doesn't mean it can't have a completely new look. Watching those GTR videos on GTTV I thought how great it would be if the Nurburgring was set in Autumn this time, so we had reds and golds instead of just green. Imagine roaring around the track with all the leaves swirling offf the track in your wake.

Ok, maybe sixteen cars on the track, plus a few hundred indiviually rendered leaves swirling up as they roar past is a bit optimistic even for the PS3, but I have faith that PD will take it to the max and not just settle for a GT4 port.

One of my favorite things in GT4 when I wasn't doing anything serious was to cruise around the Nurburgring in the Ford Model T. It was really only at that (slow) speed that you could appreciate all the detail that went into the track that you just never saw at normal race speed. It was an eyeopener to the attention to detail that PD went to.

I myself Love cruising around the track in a mediocre car like the honda civic or something similar. my brother on the other hand just loves bombing around the track with the race cars or super cars. You cant beat cruising around the track every once in a while.

its good to see they have the track running in the gt5p engine. Now they just need to polish and finesse it some. Even if its just a remake of the gt4 version it still looks pretty good and i doubt they need to do much to it to bring it up to speed with todays ring.

What do people have against the
gt4 version??????? It's the best to date....
I will be chuffed to bits when we get this track on gt5p whether is old or new its still gonna be the only thing i need in the game:)

ya know most people wouldnt notice the difference between the GT4 version and the present day version of the ring. if PD left off the GP section and just left north course and updated it graphically i guarantee no one would know that it was the track 4 years ago seeing as most people have never been there and have only seen it on you tube or in game or at the race. but unless you have actualy been to the ring driving on it theres no way you can say that that section isnt the way it really is or theres a building there or not. that fact is as long as the track is done to standards expected to see visualy on the PS3 no one will notice or care about the difference (except you crazy ones that dont even except perfection as being good enough)

I recently gone back to playing GT4 specifically for the 'ring. In my opinion it's fantastic, so I'll be happy to see it in whatever stage it's in beyond that, even if it's just given the HD treatment!

They might, or they might not. A problem is that the track is not the same after the 4+ years since they last mapped it. Perhaps portions have been smoothed, signs have been added/removed, buildings have been built/demolished, etc. If the same version from GT4 was included in GT5, believe me, a whole lot of people would be pissed.

Fair enough.. but then, if they update the track to make it current as of today... will racing this track still be of interest to you in 4 years time ?

What if the track changes next year with a new corner.. a change in sponsorship signs, a new garage?

This absolute perfection all these people are chasing is only as good as that single point in time. As soon as a change is made after that, all you people saying the track has to be perfect or "you'll be pissed" are going to have to stop playing.

Now I love this track as much as any and really want it to be as close to the real thing as possible, but unless you drive this track on a regular basis you will not know how different the GT5 version is from the real thing.. and from experience here on Aussie race tracks that are modelled in games, Its the little things like the change in elevation that a regular driver will notice as not being quite right.. but the perfectionist who knows this track inside out only via Playstation and youtube wont be able to tell the difference at all.

So where do you want to draw the line ?

A bit OT - Do you guys think we might get the combined track this time?

Also does anyone think it's possible that PD already took measurements of the GP track when it made the GT4 version? I don't think it's that much of a reach considering they're already there...

So where do you want to draw the line ?

Again, I let my head and ego get too large. I don't really want or need PD to make the Ring absolutely perfect in every possible way; the GT4 version is already superb. It's a great track, and I love driving it. Seeing PD waste a lot of time and money making one track perfect while neglecting other aspects of the game would not be good at all.

If PD puts the time and effort they think is satisfactory (and they will), it will be alright with me. I apologize for being a pompous 🤬, and while I want PD to make the track as good as they feel it should be, in no way do I want them to throw away resources just to fix a tree or put in a new sign.

Fall update maybe..who knows..can't wait either way..

I would like PD to give us this GT4 version now for DLC and remodel actual track for full GT5, with 1080p standards, adequate textures, GP Circuit, autumn/mist wet version of the track, weather and time changes to properly race 24h races and helicopter cameras above carusell to see all the glory and beautiness of Eifel rocks in replays. Anything green in GT5p just looks past-gen and brings the look of tracks down, so revamp those plants and trees too. And 16 cars would be still too few for Nürburgring and Le Mans, wee need at least 100 of them on those huge tracks. And now when only 30% of this will come true with full GT5, I'll be one lucky bastard :sly:

I would like PD to give us this GT4 version now for DLC and remodel actual track for full GT5, with 1080p standards, adequate textures, GP Circuit, autumn/mist wet version of the track, weather and time changes to properly race 24h races and helicopter cameras above carusell to see all the glory and beautiness of Eifel rocks in replays. Anything green in GT5p just looks past-gen and brings the look of tracks down, so revamp those plants and trees too. And 16 cars would be still too few for Nürburgring and Le Mans, wee need at least 100 of them on those huge tracks. And now when only 30% of this will come true with full GT5, I'll be one lucky bastard :sly:

Yeah, that would be great..but 100 cars? what about like 60-70..more realistic..well..16 cars is a step forward from 6 cars in a 24 hour event lol:)

I would rather the Nurburgring was redone properly and wait for it in GT5, even if that is Xmas 2009, rather than it just be an upgrated GT4 port included in Prologue.

Same here.....and thats another person on this forum with some brains.
The more we wait for the full game the more we all will be blown away by it is all I'm sayin.

Same here.....and thats another person on this forum with some brains.
The more we wait for the full game the more we all will be blown away by it is all I'm sayin.

So... everyone who doesn't agree with you is brainless? Right...

I have no problems settling for GT4 port of the Ring for now. If the Ring is made available for GT5:P, no-one would be putting a gun to your head, forcing you to download it.

Getting a ported version from GT4 would most likely make me forget about GT Academy.

Woa hold your horses there. The more cars added to the track the laggier the game will get. Im sure you are lucky that they even got 16 cars driving around the track. Yes 100 cars would be nice but I doubt its even remotely possible.

Yeah you would think that would work but it wont. If you have GTR or GTR 2 on a PC with Nurburgring try to load the track with 100 cars and see what happens. I have a high end PC and the track itself wond even load with any more than 30. With 30 cars my FPS drops to 10 - 15 FPS. I can have 20 cars on track with about 25 - 30 FPS though. So no 100 cars wont work wether you see them or not because the PS3 will have to process what each car is doing at any given time and that is not possible. Your just kidding yourself.

No way you can have 100 cars racing online in multiplayer. Even games with simple physics like shooters rarely have more than 64 players online at the same time. And GT5 already shows signs of lagging with just a few cars in the same turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back