Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadwicksracing

SCANA Creator
Premium
United States
South Florida,
Chadwicksracing & Racecleanstupid
I would like to post this message for everyone to see. Since he personally attacks me and then attacks the entire GTP community.

I was racing and trying to go as fast as possible. And, I come to this other Correvette about 3/4 of the way down the back straight. I lift off the accelerator so I don't hit him going 230 MPH. And I bump him/hit him to give him extra speed. I.E. Bump Drafting. Well he goes into the corner, cannot hold is car under control and veers into the outer barrier. He hits the wall.. And after the race. THIS:

picture.php

Then I said this:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

THIS NEXT RESPONSE:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I am just not sure where the disconnect is. I said I was sorry. I admitted to hitting him. But I explained my intentions.

Hey, what you going to do? Right?

Chad

Last edited:
Well if you would "bump draft" with me at 220 mph and it would come unexpected i would be pissed too. You cant say he cant control his car at these speeds, if youre entering a corner in Prologue at this speed and someone hits your back it can end in a crash (also depends on the setup hes using).

Personally i think yes, it was your fault and you searched for an excuse, i would react the same like he did i believe.

If you hit him going into the corner, then what you did wasnt the right thing to do. You never bump draft going into corners.:dunce:

I didn't hit him going into the corner. I know that is wrong, and messed up at the same time.

The problem is he thought I meant to ruin his race. Which is not right.

He lost the control of the car because you hit him, you admitted it, so you ruined his race, on purpose or not doesnt matter.

Btw. in real life you wouldnt bump draft with a Corvette. lol

This is true. ----^ That is kind of how I think of the situation. Thanks.

It just irks me that he wasn't a bigger man. Childish.

I would like to post this message for everyone to see. Since he personally attacks me and then attacks the entire GTP community.

I was racing and trying to go as fast as possible. And, I come to this other Correvette about 3/4 of the way down the back straight. I lift off the accelerator so I don't hit him going 230 MPH. And I bump him/hit him to give him extra speed. I.E. Bump Drafting. Well he goes into the corner, cannot hold is car under control and veers into the outer barrier. He hits the wall.. And after the race. THIS:

I am just not sure where the disconnect is. I said I was sorry. I admitted to hitting him. But I explained my intentions.

Hey, what you going to do? Right?

Chad

So you hit him before a turn, he messed up because he is not use to the speeds, not everyone can turn as fast as you think.. You HIT him and he has every right to get pissed that you messed him up.. everyone needs to let some steam out. Sorry don't cut it, it's the actions, think ahead.

Get over it.

Chad I know what you’re speaking of. I gave a guy a bump and got hit to pass two cars while I passed one. On the next straight it tried to push me off the track losing control of is VR CAR. A lot of the guys on this form and who play GT build their lives around this sim hoping they’ll be in the top 20 so they can get invited to the next GT Challenge. But too no will they won’t because they don’t have the real skills to drive a race car. Yes I said it most of the people who play GT don’t really have the skills or mind sight to drive a real race car. Only 15% of the people have that skill and only one got that chance. Stop hating on better drivers, the real drivers that don’t smoke their tires around the track.

I say the guy you were racing is a little too sensitive. Have you driven clean while racing him sometimes?

Frankly I wouldn't be too happy either, I am not that fond of bump drafting and if a stranger did it to me and it caused me to lose control (some cars and tunes are not all that stable) coming into a bend I would be a little annoyed.

Then after race didn't outright apologise but rather started by calling me "buddy" then blaming me for not being able to handle extra speed....... then the little sorry in that response...

I bet if you replied with jus "I'm sorry I was just trying to bump draft and it didn't go well" Or something he woldn't have minded.

Thats just typical anymore in GT5P too many "melvins" playing online. Any time there is anything here comes the mad message.

BTW was that at Daytona oval? The oval has became a wild place,but bumping approaching the turns seems to be the tactic of the melvins,so I can see why he was a little po'd.

Exactly what Jay said. While I do believe that original poster meant no harm, when you start transferring some of the blame, calling him "buddy" in an supposed apology, it starts sounding like an excuse, or even worse.

Again, I'm sure the O.P. meant no harm. I'd say that this was a case of miscommunication, but I can definitely see why the guy reacted the way he did.

Bump drafting is a very serious tactic.It can be good,and it can be bad.By you bump drafting him,you gave him that extra "burst of speed",which basically rendered him out of control because you now just messed up his check point at which he lets off the accelerator upon corner entry.Not everyone knows how to handle that extra speed upon corner entry that you gave him.

My thoughts : use it with someone you know,someone you know who can handle the extra power surge and can control their car,not just some everyday racer who happens to be in front of you.

I am not dissing the use of the bump draft,I have been able to use it effectively (with friends / aquaintenances) to help myself get to front of the pack at a track like Daytona Oval.This tactic almost has to be done at this track,especially when you start at the back of the pack.Just be careful with whom you do it with.

Last edited:
Point well taken. I should not have bumped a guy who I do not know. My intentions are not understood to a stranger, especially to someone who doesn't drive too well in the first place.

I suppose, I am thinking of myself..because if someone bumped me right before the turn, I would be able to handle it and get slowed down. I would be a little upset, but not enough to send a "I am mad" message to the guy.

Rough racing. Accidents happen, and I should have not sent a message back with the tone I had, but this guys mind was already made up. I was a snooty GTP driver who was dirty. Which past instances with other GTP had caused him to have a skewed image of what we are. I am sure if my PSN was chadwicksracing and not GTP_ CWR..then the message may have never been sent or it would have been in the different tone. And my credibility may have not been suffered by past indifference.

So far I am loosing, more guys think I was wrong..

Can I just say that if the guy that was angry at Chad, was a member of GTplanet and he noticed Chad. That would be scary.

See, it's not a win/lose situation. Misunderstandings do happen, and I won't argue the other guy is clearly a cry baby. A flipping baby.

I don't really race online, but similar situations do arise on other games. It is so common, but I've never sent any hate messages to anybody. 1) I'm not a baby. 2) Because half of them(IMO, more) are misunderstandings.

I would have just apologized instead of calling him out as well which brings you down to his level.

Anyways, this is the main reason GT5 really needs voice chat.

Rough racing. Accidents happen, and I should have not sent a message back with the tone I had, but this guys mind was already made up. I was a snooty GTP driver who was dirty.

His tone in the message was correct. What have he should off wrote? Excuse me to be in your way? Racing is racing, sure accidents happen, but those bumps should not, especially with person you don't know. Don't blame him for sending you the first message you think that he was mad, I bet he was, he had every right, and you still blame it on him. You made the 1st true mistake, he 2nd that..
I am not a wise man like my Signature is, but I am not bashing you, just trying to give good advice.. Instead of waisting time on GTP forums posting this, I would go right now, send him a message of apology.

And yeah, never call anyone a BUDDY, even your friends ; ) haha :dopey:

Anyone next time.. Don't turn out to be like this!

Send him an e-gift basket with e-brownies and e-cookies.

Why not. But seriously, just next time if someone gets pissed at anyone, and you know it's your fault, just say "SORRY not my intentions".

When NASCAR guys bump draft there is very little bumping. They dont slam into each other. Bump drafting is really Nudge drafting. Also, this tactic is rather useless if you cant take the turn with the throttle wideopen.

Also, Chad better get an infraction for this BS thread. I know people who got kicked off GTPlanet for less offensive things than this (and they still use a GTP tag.) I am shocked a Moderator hasnt put their nose in here saying that calling people out in public is NOT OK.

I said I was sorry. I admitted to hitting him. But I explained my intentions.

Chad tried to explain,you cannot condemn him for that.It was just one of those unfortunate situations where Chad made 1 mistake - he picked the wrong guy to bump draft with - someone inexperienced with the bump draft technique.

When NASCAR guys bump draft there is very little bumping. They dont slam into each other. Bump drafting is really Nudge drafting. Also, this tactic is rather useless if you cant take the turn with the throttle wideopen.

Yeah, the difference is that IRL the slipstream effect is less intense, in that 800PP Daytona event you're coming up behind people at +30 or +40 kph!

From what I've seen most people are comfortable with bump drafting, it's an important part of that race, but my rule of thumb is not to bump them in the last quarter of the straight, because people are making fine adjustments and preparing to enter the corner, the last thing they need is to suddenly be going 20 kph faster, throw some lag in there and you've got a recipe for disaster.

His tone in the message was correct. What have he should off wrote? Excuse me to be in your way? Racing is racing, sure accidents happen, but those bumps should not, especially with person you don't know. Don't blame him for sending you the first message you think that he was mad, I bet he was, he had every right, and you still blame it on him. You made the 1st true mistake, he 2nd that..
I am not a wise man like my Signature is, but I am not bashing you, just trying to give good advice.. Instead of waisting time on GTP forums posting this, I would go right now, send him a message of apology.

And yeah, never call anyone a BUDDY, even your friends ; ) haha :dopey:
MAYBE buddy wasn't such a good idea, but I was under attack and evasive action needed to be taken. Just read his first message, is there not an instigating comment there about GTP. I had nothing to do with comment about GTP.."I know you guys are suppose to be clean drivers" or something. Read it man, it was more than just I a pissed at you Chad, you messed my race up...It was like "Oh yeah, just another prissy GTP guy who is suppose to be clean that was not" So, my reaction is correct. I see nothing wrong with what I said.

Why not. But seriously, just next time if someone gets pissed at anyone, and you know it's your fault, just say "SORRY not my intentions".

Perhaps I should have, but the message was too tempting. Read above.

Also, Chad better get an infraction for this BS thread. I know people who got kicked off GTPlanet for less offensive things than this (and they still use a GTP tag.) I am shocked a Moderator hasnt put their nose in here saying that calling people out in public is NOT OK.

There is no infraction here. I did nothing wrong. It was a racing thing. I bumped the wrong guy. So what? I bump 50 different guys before and never got this reaction.

I do not see where I flamed or acted inappropreiate. If they did take my tag away, then so be it. I don't need it anyways, since just about anyone can get one anymore. The symbolism is meaningless to me anymore.

Chad tried to explain,you cannot condemn him for that.It was just one of those unfortunate situations where Chad made 1 mistake - he picked the wrong guy to bump draft with - someone inexperienced with the bump draft technique.
Thank you.

Yeah, the difference is that IRL the slipstream effect is less intense, in that 800PP Daytona event you're coming up behind people at +30 or +40 kph!

From what I've seen most people are comfortable with bump drafting, it's an important part of that race, but my rule of thumb is not to bump them in the last quarter of the straight, because people are making fine adjustments and preparing to enter the corner, the last thing they need is to suddenly be going 20 kph faster, throw some lag in there and you've got a recipe for disaster.
Thanks for the input. I believe I crossed the line a little too far. I do not normally bump someone after the 1/2 mark on the speedway. Just one of those deals..It happens.

BTW, I cannot send a message to this guy, if you guys read, you would have saw the part where he blocked me. No matter what I say, this guy thinks I am a punter. He doesn't want to hear it. !

Last edited:
He never offended GTP in any way.. He mention GTP because WE SHOULD RACE CLEAN! Besides I would be damn pissed if some tag like that hit me.. You should not hit anyone because you feel like it will make him go faster.

You were under attack? LOL you attack him first by bumping him .. hmm.. It's like lighting up fire at some ones house, someone yells at you "What the h*ll are you doing?" and then you try to fight back.. not a good idea.

He did not offend GTPlanet, he made a clear point, that GTP suppose to race clean which you did not.

There is no infraction here. I did nothing wrong. It was a racing thing. I bumped the wrong guy. So what? I bump 50 different guys before and never got this reaction.

You bump the guy because you think it will make him go faster, how are you representing GTPlanet?
Heck , I took off my GTP tags off because I am not as good as other drivers. I need more practice till I can wear the TAG. (that way I don't embarrass GTP)

Last edited:
You were under attack? LOL you attack him first by bumping him .. hmm.. It's like lighting up fire at some ones house, someone yells at you "What the h*ll are you doing?" and then you try to fight back.. not a good idea.

You bump the guy because you think it will make him go faster, how are you representing GTPlanet?

Ditto.

Did he ask you to bump him?

Have been thinking about this when this issue popped up on my screen today. Makes me like the GT4 online(sort of) racing even more. All I have to worry about is the AI messing up my race. Something all the others guys have to deal with on an equal basis.

side note: One of the guys at work, his kid(12 yr old) gets on Forza and drives backwards to crash with other cars. Yeah, I want that in my race! :dunce:

side note: One of the guys at work, his kid(12 yr old) gets on Forza and drives backwards to crash with other cars. Yeah, I want that in my race! :dunce:

Well atleast GT5P ghosts them, saved me quite a few times from these type of players.

You should have stopped and let him re-pass you, and you don't bump when bump drafting, you touch him softly and push him smoothly. He is probably some dumb 12 year old who doesn't understand what an apology is, so stay cool, ignore the idiots.

EDIT: :lol: i just insulted my self

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back