I said sorry and I am still insulted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
to famine- Jack said bump drafting has "massive benefits," that is advocating bump drafting.

No it isn't.

Cutting corners and wallriding in GT4 has massive benefits. It's a fact and I can't do anything about that. I don't advocate it though.

Football is just a game right?

But millions of people take it very seriously and there is plenty of money in it.

Okay so there are less people who take GT5P as seriously as football but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have rules?

Not everyone plays video games casually believe it or not, if you want to play casually then don't get a GTP tag and sign up.

You are in an odd position because you had a GTP tag before the registry came about, however for everyone else if you want to sign up you obey the rules that come along with it.

Yes, football is just a game. Just enjoy it. I can't understand the mentality of people who take something that is meant to be entertainment and turn it into something overly serious. To mean it ruins the joy of something. Granted I am into a lot of things and have some pretty serious hobbies, but I enjoy them and don't let it get to me.

And as far as I am concerned I'm no longer part of the registry, I don't play GT5:P anymore nor do I participate in it. I might still have my name on the list but I'm not active by any means. So I guess my GTP_Joey PSN name really isn't an issue.

ahh, it's all coming back! :lol: when i was a mod in the gt section of guide makers piggyback, we used to get this kind of nutty thread all the time

people do indeed take olr way too seriously. i used to be the same, it all got very intense

using tags, feeling that you're representing a site takes the fun out of it for me. just be yourself. you can be a clean, credible racer without a tag

just so i'm on-topic...

bump drafting, or indeed any other kind of attempt at approaching a fella from behind, should only be done after obtaining prior consent

getting accosted from behind when you're not expecting it is a shocker :D

I have to agree....the guy wasn't expecting (and probably didn't want "bump drafting") that, so technically, you messed up. I would just get over it and delete the message and move on. Easy that way.

Yes, football is just a game. Just enjoy it. I can't understand the mentality of people who take something that is meant to be entertainment and turn it into something overly serious. To mean it ruins the joy of something. Granted I am into a lot of things and have some pretty serious hobbies, but I enjoy them and don't let it get to me.

And as far as I am concerned I'm no longer part of the registry, I don't play GT5:P anymore nor do I participate in it. I might still have my name on the list but I'm not active by any means. So I guess my GTP_Joey PSN name really isn't an issue.

I understand that it may be hard to comprehend that people want to get serious about certain things rather than casually enjoy it. If people do want to sit down and take things seriously they have every right to and who are you to say otherwise? They don't force anyone who adhere to GTP's registry rules, only those who have signed up themselves.

So while it may be easy to stand back as an observer and say 'why so serious?'. People have willingly signed up and agreed to race and take all reasonable measure's to prevent collisions during online racing, if people on the registry are not following the rules then I don't see a problem with other members calling them out (using the appropriate method, there's rulse for that too :sly:).

Of course if you don't like the rules, then your not obligated to sign up.

Bump drafting is kinda pointless at 800 pp imo. It usually takes up to the last 200 metres approaching turn 3 to bump or the short straight into turn 1 unless you are racing someone very slow.

On another note, maybe our boy Chad should have begged the bumpee in question for his forgiveness. I mean really sobbed and pleaded.

Try harder next time will ya Chad. For all our sakes. :sly:

WOW! I'm amazed some of you are still being a little too harsh to Chad. Cut him some slack!

I just messaged him again. This guy is being unreasonable. He sent me a message about..GTP.. I apologized about 3 times in my message. I don't think its going to matter..

I don't know why I am wasting my time defending my reputation. I know I am clean racer.

Hey, I hear your posting my pm's on GTplanet... sweet... Will you post this one? You rammed me going into a turn and no matter YOU justify it, thats a dirty move.. no amount of B.S. will change that. You talked to me like i'm a noob. I've been around for a long time. You come off as an arrogant fool. Blather away if you must, but I will be laughing at you dudette. Maybe you should check your ego, it seems very fragile :-) Post away, I bet will agree with me -:) Back to blocked.

Oh well..I tried..

Last edited:
I know , we know, you are clean racer, it's just the bump thing you do should only been done to your friends because they know what are you trying to do.. But random people is big no no ; )

I just messaged him again. This guy is being unreasonable. He sent me a message about..GTP.. I apologized about 3 times in my message. I don't think its going to matter..

I don't know why I am wasting my time defending my reputation. I know I am clean racer.

Oh well..I tried..

Mate, just leave it, stop posting the conversations between yourselves and keep what reputation you have left. It was already out of line to start this thread about it, now you're just making it worse.
I know you from experience that you're a clean racer and I also know you didn't intentionally ram him - however, the way you went about apologising initially, your thoughts on other drivers apparent ability and how you dealt with his responses were out of line and you're just making it worse by continuing to make this a public discussion.

Oh well..I tried..

Hmmm... This is a message from last night, I stand by the fragile ego part... it's more than obvious. You attempt to make it out like this is a new post after you tried to apologize. That is very dishonest. That post of mine isn't in response to this thread and you know it. Ahhhh the dishonesty.... lol it's so over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
last night I was racing with some random guy we made some kind of clan or team we made drafts and bump drafts and won some races and some guy PM m sayin that GTP didn't allowed that and I want to be sure so does it allows it or not

sorry for my english

last night I was racing with some random guy we made some kind of clan or team we made drafts and bump drafts and won some races and some guy PM m sayin that GTP didn't allowed that and I want to be sure so does it allows it or not

sorry for my english

If you know that the people you are bump drafting with are fine with it, then it is okay.

Famine,

Did you read the message. This guy was mad, yes. He also didn't really care what I said to him. It didn't really matter if I said sorry to this guy. He had his mind make up. But my god, how sorry can I be? Its just a free race, its just a game. Its not like we are going for 1 million dollars here.

I didn't hit him going into the turn, despite him saying I did. I didn't take him out. I bumped him. He lost control of the car because of the extra speed and hit the wall..ruined his race. Ok fine. I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do about it anymore. I have been screwed over by SO many MANY online racers. Sure I get mad, but I just remind myself its just a game. So my sorry, reaches to the point of this just being a game and this being a racing incident.

We can talk about how I said it, my tone, my word usage...but at the end of the day, this guy didn't really care what I said. He never believed me. And I had a strong feel that he judged me like that because I had a GTP tag. My creditability was shot for some reason. He was indifferent.

"I'm sorry I bumped you dude. I'll try not to do it again". That would have ended it right there. 💡

GTP_Hyperspeed
This still going on, damn. I need to order more popcorn.

I like butter on mine.

Oh well..I tried..

Hmmm... This is a message from last night, I stand by the fragile ego part... it's more than obvious. You attempt to make it out like this is a new post after you tried to apologize. That is very dishonest. That post of mine isn't in response to this thread and you know it. Ahhhh the dishonesty.... lol it's so over the top.

I could tell them what I said. All I said, was I was sorry. We should move on..or I think I used the moved get over it or something. You are just not hearing it. Talk about someone else with a big ego. You are flying this one like a kite. I don't blame you, this is your chance to feel all big inside. After you all you are getting your 15 mins of fame. By all means keep riding this one out. Like you said, you are enjoying every word I say.

I can proudly say I am the bigger man in the end.

Lesson to self, do not try to reason with an arrogant fool.

I

IMO a bigger man would have either stoped and waited after the incident, or givin a genuine apology. Calling someone an arrogant fool is not being 'big' in any way ;)

TBH I think this whole thing is way out of proportion, lets see, one race, one bump(bump draft or not) who the hell really cares? common guys, really? seriously still crying? really?

"He bumped me and ruined my race" waaaaa...... "No, I bump drafted you" waaaaaaa

Please, it was a stupid deal but not the end of the world, grow up a bit or at least take some meds or something.

Last edited:
It’s odd in a way that young Chad, (I assume he’s a young fellow from reading his posts) felt he needed to start a new thread about a racing incident which he in fact instigated.

Bleating on about how clean a driver he is seems to have backfired somewhat.

Buffoons who go around the track backwards are of no significance as they ghost out, as do the unfortunate lapped types, thus making their amusing antics completely pointless. Moreover, their maneuvers are utterly harmless in terms of completing the race.

The term ‘bumping’ has been banded around page after page when this instance has the hallmarks more akin to ‘ramming’. On the many occasions a “clean driver” failed to resist the urge to get a better view of my exhaust and collided with my rear end at speeds in excess of 230mph, I always thought to myself; “Oh blast and bother it!(Or words quite dissimilar to those). Obviously the reason I’ve just thwacked into the sidewall, spun twelve times and found myself floundering on the grassy verge is because the chap behind was naturally just trying to help me!

Another pain in the backside is the ever so overused method of blocking overtakes on the straights. Being sucked along the draft zone giving plenty of space to pull out and overtake cleanly, (that is to say no contact with the car being overtook is premeditated) only to find the overtake thwarted by being rammed on the side.

There is no question that racing game incidents occur, but the premeditation of getting yourself into a position solely for the purpose of vehicular contact is, at best and for the sake of the sweary filter, poor show indeed.

Bump drafting. What a load of codswallop!

There’s plenty of racing games out there where you can drive like a loon, in fact it’s positively encouraged. The GT series was never about crash bang wallop and its newer incarnations follow suit.

In a community, after all said and done that is what Jordan set this site up for in the first place, it takes threads of this nature to weed out members (tagged or otherwise) who seem to think that winning at virtually any cost is the be all and end all. The old ‘if you ain’t first, your’re last’ mentality. Part of the myriad skills required to get around a race track is to purposely avoid touching/bumping/ramming other participants.

In the most likely unlikely scenario that we get The Ring thrown in as an online event, in the now not too distant future, when GT5 makes it onto our screens Chad and his ilk are the very sort of competitors who’ll ‘bump draft’ you at the end of Döttinger Höhe, (that’s the great big long straight bit, not too far from the end, just before the need-to-enter-it-just-so left hander. Naturally, this fiendish ploy would only be used to assist you get a better lap time you understand because he is after all a clean driver.

It might very well take two to tango, but you “buddy” have danced your socks off in this here thread.

Dropping the GTP tag is hardly falling on your sword, merely a warning for those who use a draft to overtake to be wary when your name pops up on a start list.

Thanks for the heads up!

Now, where’s that popcorn…

I could tell them what I said. All I said, was I was sorry. We should move on..or I think I used the moved get over it or something. You are just not hearing it. Talk about someone else with a big ego. You are flying this one like a kite. I don't blame you, this is your chance to feel all big inside. After you all you are getting your 15 mins of fame. By all means keep riding this one out. Like you said, you are enjoying every word I say.

Chad, I think you absolutely right... lesson to self, do not try to reasons with fools.
What you said was posted by you... it speaks volumes :)
The End

Chad messaged me and ask why I thought he had a big ego... This is my entire reply I sent him... non edited :)

I didn't say big ego, I said fragile.
Look, My first message to you was a bit terse, nothing else. Why? Yes because of the GTP tag, lots of noobs around so I take note of who's around me. You had the GTP one so I stopped worrying about you, not in the sense of your skill, but rather as someone I didn't think would punt me off the track. The subsequent messages were a bit less mild, but nothing over the top, man I've recieved some real hate filled and vulgar messages from people some of whom I don't even remember racing against. I really though your original response was demeaning and a bit condenscending. Chad, I'm not the one who took a minor tiff and made it global... I wasn't even a member here until this. We had one accident, one, out thousands of races that I and I'm sure you have done, it really wasn't a huge deal.
The one part that is irksome to me is that you tried to make it sound like I was bashing the whole GTP community, which I was certainly NOT doing. I have friends who where the tag and I always have had good races with those who do wear it. In fact because of the tag I thought you a good racer with at least a certain amount of skill. That means I respect them.
Lets end this, I have no real gripe with you.... It was just one race... peace

I'm not entirely sure what's worse:

• Punting someone off the road, regardless of intent, or
  • Airing your dirty laundry in public

Either way, this thread has gone on far too long now. The whole matter seems crystal clear to me and yet there seem to be people viewing it through the clouds.

You know, I read some my peers comments and I can help to wonder if I would say the same things they are saying. Truth be told, I don't know. But I have one thing to say here. Its easy to judge from afar. Specially one who gather an opinion of the situation from just a few sentences. The good thing is, we can usually tell who those people are. Thanks for the good points and discussion to the ones who did offer some light on the situation.

This thread is a prefect example of how GTP is viewed and the standards we hold are selves to. Thankfully I am still apart of it. At least whats left of me.

You know what one of the hardest things to say is? ... I was wrong.

So there it is: The End.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back