I said sorry and I am still insulted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have 68 F12007's in my garage, I can say that I am an avid participant in Prologue online events.

That being said, let me clarify the fact that my number one goal is to be courteous and that good CLEAN racing always has priority over "winning at all costs". I want my fellow racers to want to race with me, not dread my presence on the track. I win more than my share of races believe me and I hardly ever make contact with anyone. I just think that you don't have to push your way past rivals just so that you can take the win. I'd rather have a great race with a friend at the back of the pack than knock someone out of the way just for the win.

You CAN race clean and win at the same time ... honest :)

I received many friendly bumps, and gave many friendly bumps. I did it mostly with good friends, trying to catch up on the race leaders, or getting away from punters. But ocasionally (very rarely) I also got friendly bumps from total strangers, and also gave them to total strangers. If done right, I see no harm in it.

About the PM exchange, I think CWR got it a bit wrong, a simple "sorry, my intentin was only to help" would be enough.

Anyway, all this is way out of proportion.

Of course bumps happen, and thats why it explicitly says if you bump someone off, you stop and wait for them and that you try to avoid contact if at all possible. In this case a (maybe ill-advised) bump draft went wrong and sent someone off the track, the correct thing to do in this case (bar not attempting the bump-draft in the first place) would be to stop and wait until the driver had recovered and pm an apology at the end of the race, not wait until you recieve a message in comlplaint and get on the defensive.

I race clean for the most part, mistakes happen and i find it impossible not to bump draft, that being said i don't always use that tactic and when i do its NOT in the bends and NOT leading into the bends i only use it when 2 cars are lined up straight and under control on the straights and when i feel like it i will continue to do so

Take me out of the GTP Registry. Im done with that.

Call me Chadwicksracing. Not GTP_CWR

EDIT - I can't bump draft with a TAG. Then there will be no tag. If I hurt the reputation of GTP, then I will not be a TAG.

I think you have taken this thread completely the wrong way now. Everyone has had these ‘type’ of messages sent to them and hasn’t felt the need to create a thread about them. Firstly you went about the matter correctly. You messaged him in private on PSN to resolve the issue. Then you named and shame him in public which is against the OLR 👎 leading the guy to sign up and defend himself. These are the type of situations we want to avoid on GTP for this very matter.

Although bump drafting is a racing technique, you can now see why its not encouraged here and in the OLR. For this very matter cause incidents that can be avoid. I think the quote below show the situation in a clear:

I can't believe people find it that hard to not bump draft. It's really, really simple. Just don't do it unless you've previously arranged with someone to do so. That way, there will be no ridiculous disputes like the one at the start of this thread.

I never hit anyone intentionally but I think way to many people take it way to seriously. If I tap you because you decided to brake entirely to early in a corner, or I sideswipe you because you attempted to block me from passing then I shouldn't be called out for it. Rubbing happens in racing.

And yes I tend to drive far more aggressively in racing games because if I stuff it then I can just restart the race. If some bumping occurs to more aggressive driving then whatever.

If I remember correctly the driver in the back is the one that has to try and avoid all contact at all times... So if youre behind me and I brake early, its YOUR job to try and avoid me and if you tap or bump me anyway you were driving to close IMO... Forgive me for being blunt but your posts seem a bit non-chalant and even in a way disrespectful to your co-drivers... You dont seem to care for clean, no contact racing and keep using the excuse that ITS JUST A GAME, which for you might be the case but not others... and I know bumps and taps DO happen.... but your views are bit skewed I think....

Chadwicksracing - You attacked him first by hitting him, then by telling him he can't drive in your response to his message.

Maybe it was a bump draft to you, but it was a hit to him because he wouldn't have been expecting it, and it may have been later to him than it was to you due to lag. I don't see why you should deliberately touch another car in any case unless the other guy is expecting it.

Indeed. "Sorry I hit you - I was trying to do you a favour but you crashed because you couldn't control it." isn't what I'd call an apology.

JacK, I can't think of a place where I put this guy down or shamed him. I wanted to share this, because it bares on everyone in GTP.

The OLR need to be fixed. End of Story!

I have bump drafted with dozens of GTP and dozens of other competitors out there. I do it every race. I will not stop doing it.

What I wanted out of this thread was to see what the members thought. And that has been done. I see where I was wrong, and maybe I shouldn't have bumped him. But, I did.

Famine, Dan --- I don't care if you think my apologize was heart felt or not. I said sorry to the guy and I did mean it. When I say I am sorry I mean it. Do not question that. Please.

Remove me from the registry. I no longer want a tag to define who I am and what I stand for. I can prove that on my own.

Famine, Dan --- I don't care if you think my apologize was heart felt or not. I said sorry to the guy and I did mean it. When I say I am sorry I mean it. Do not question that. Please.

Why not?

How do we know that's true? More to the point how does the person to whom you're apologising know it's true - especially when you blame his inability to drive on a crash you precipitated in your apology?

Imagine you're in a real crash. The guy behind is totally to blame. He gets out and says "Sorry I hit you man but, you know, if you'd been a bit better at driving we wouldn't have crashed."

I can't see that going down too well.

If I remember correctly the driver in the back is the one that has to try and avoid all contact at all times... So if youre behind me and I brake early, its YOUR job to try and avoid me and if you tap or bump me anyway you were driving to close IMO... Forgive me for being blunt but your posts seem a bit non-chalant and even in a way disrespectful to your co-drivers... You dont seem to care for clean, no contact racing and keep using the excuse that ITS JUST A GAME, which for you might be the case but not others... and I know bumps and taps DO happen.... but your views are bit skewed I think....

This is exactly what I was talking about.

As I've said, numerous times now, I will never intentionally hit anyone. Accidents happen, bumps happen, etc. You just have to deal with it. I don't get all bent out of shape when someone is racing me hard for the lead and gives me a couple bumps. I do get upset when some idiot intentionally tries to spin me out or travels in reverse around the track.

And it is just a game, if you can prove to me that GT or rather any other racing video game is more then just a game then I will award you an e-cookie. GT is a video game, it is not real life racing. If you stuff it you just reset.

Why not?

How do we know that's true? More to the point how does the person to whom you're apologising know it's true - especially when you blame his inability to drive on a crash you precipitated in your apology?

Imagine you're in a real crash. The guy behind is totally to blame. He gets out and says "Sorry I hit you man but, you know, if you'd been a bit better at driving we wouldn't have crashed."

I can't see that going down too well.

Famine,

Did you read the message. This guy was mad, yes. He also didn't really care what I said to him. It didn't really matter if I said sorry to this guy. He had his mind make up. But my god, how sorry can I be? Its just a free race, its just a game. Its not like we are going for 1 million dollars here.

I didn't hit him going into the turn, despite him saying I did. I didn't take him out. I bumped him. He lost control of the car because of the extra speed and hit the wall..ruined his race. Ok fine. I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do about it anymore. I have been screwed over by SO many MANY online racers. Sure I get mad, but I just remind myself its just a game. So my sorry, reaches to the point of this just being a game and this being a racing incident.

We can talk about how I said it, my tone, my word usage...but at the end of the day, this guy didn't really care what I said. He never believed me. And I had a strong feel that he judged me like that because I had a GTP tag. My creditability was shot for some reason. He was indifferent.

CWR, i wouldnt take yourself out of registry just incase an event appears that appeals, just don't use a TAG, i have not used or intend to use a GTP tag unless i enter a GTP event. I would also ignore some comments as you know there are those who talk the talk but have no idea about racing at the Oval, lets just leave a good impression and a quick sorry for when it's our fault, I'll do that

Famine,

Did you read the message. This guy was mad, yes. He also didn't really care what I said to him. It didn't really matter if I said sorry to this guy. He had his mind make up. But my god, how sorry can I be? Its just a free race, its just a game. Its not like we are going for 1 million dollars here.

I didn't hit him going into the turn, despite him saying I did. I didn't take him out. I bumped him. He lost control of the car because of the extra speed and hit the wall..ruined his race. Ok fine. I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do about it anymore. I have been screwed over by SO many MANY online racers. Sure I get mad, but I just remind myself its just a game. So my sorry, reaches to the point of this just being a game and this being a racing incident.

We can talk about how I said it, my tone, my word usage...but at the end of the day, this guy didn't really care what I said. He never believed me. And I had a strong feel that he judged me like that because I had a GTP tag. My creditability was shot for some reason. He was indifferent.

Did you read Famine's posts? Do you have any common sense? How can you expect someone to take an apology when you blame them for the incident at the same time when it was in no way his fault?
Sorry isn't a magic word to make everything better - you can't expect to get away with saying things and doing things just by saying sorry. You can't expect people to be happy either, especially when you insult them at the same time.

I'm not sure how we have got to the point its just a game. If it was just a game why do we bother coming here? If it was just a game we wouldn't bother to link up and race.

But the fact is we take it more seriously than just any other game. Some more serious than others, yes.

If it just a game then lets all go punting and ruin races like we are playing NFS.

The fact is Chad you hit somebody heading into a corner, which increased their speed. This lead to them crashing so you are in the wrong.

I'm not sure how we have got to the point its just a game. If it was just a game why do we bother coming here? If it was just a game we wouldn't bother to link up and race.

Prove to me GT is not a game. You play it on a video game console, it's a game, it's made for entertainment purposes. Sure there are people into it, I'm one of them. We all come here because we are fans of the game and enjoy talking about it. At the end of the day though GT is still a game, nothing more, nothing less.

Chad man, stop balmingin him because he was mad, everyone says he has the right to be.. I would be , sure I won't send you a message, but I could and CAN! So deal with it. Don't blame him, we can read. It's your fault and deal with it yourself. You the one to set him off, EYE FOR AN EYE

I'm sure others have said this, but I simply don't do bump drafting unless I know the other driver well enough to be pretty confident that he / she will be cool with it. Even then I do my absolute best to do it as gently as one would have to do it in a real car. I've had a few drivers I don't know try to do the bump-draft thing with me, and generally I don't like it, especially as some of them do it way too hard. In the end, I think my attitude is that bump-drafting doesn't have a place in REAL racing, so most of the time I would prefer to keep it out of SIM racing also.

I remember WAY back, you and I and Earth had a great race where we all bumped each other along and did some great drafting too. Then the host bailed. Jerk. That still remains one of the only races I've enjoyed where bump-drafting was involved, and it only worked because we all did it skillfully, gently, and all knew each other at least a little.

But this isn’t NASCAR ;) ‘Bump Drafting’ can be used to a greater effect than ‘Nudge Drafting’ as you call it. With no damage in GT5:P bumping drafting can have a massive benefit as you can bump the driver in front harder than in real life. This leads to a bigger effect than in real life.
Chad you were in the wrongQUOTE]

If it was just a game we wouldn't bother to link up and race.QUOTE]

You make no sense at all! We play this game to be realistic, yet you say to smash peoples bumpers, then you say he was wrong. Make up your mind, Jack. Don't quote me and disagree with what I said just because you dont like me.

Also, go take a English 101 class, your way of typing is hardly legible.

Chad man, stop balmingin him because he was mad, everyone says he has the right to be.. I would be , sure I won't send you a message, but I could and CAN! So deal with it. Don't blame him, we can read. It's your fault and deal with it yourself. You the one to set him off, EYE FOR AN EYE

Hey, thanks for all the support and insight you've put into this. It's time to end the foolishness, I stated what happened and it doesn't matter who believes what in this matter, I know, he knows and that's enough. The one thing is he's all hot and bothered, but HE'S the one that took a minor matter and blew it up out of all reasonableness. It was indeed a minor matter and it really should have stayed this way. His biggest mistake was in starting this thread, it showed more about him that he can ever imagine.
To the Mod... I will not utter another word on this ... I hope others, be they supporters or detractors will do the same.

You make no sense at all! We play this game to be realistic, yet you say to smash peoples bumpers, then you say he was wrong. Make up your mind, Jack.

Don't quote me and disagree with what I said just because you dont like me.

Jack has never said that you should smash people's bumpers - in fact it's specifically against the GTP_Registry rules of which he is a moderator. He did say that one can benefit from it in GT5P because there is no damage in the game, but never said that one should do it unless by prior agreement. In fact he said - and you quoted him doing so - "Chad you were in the wrong", Chad being the guy who was advocating bump-drafting.

Also I can read Jack's posts just fine. He's not the one who needs to brush up on some English skills.

Bump drafting is a very serious tactic.It can be good,and it can be bad.By you bump drafting him,you gave him that extra "burst of speed",which basically rendered him out of control because you now just messed up his check point at which he lets off the accelerator upon corner entry.Not everyone knows how to handle that extra speed upon corner entry that you gave him.

My thoughts : use it with someone you know,someone you know who can handle the extra power surge and can control their car,not just some everyday racer who happens to be in front of you.

I am not dissing the use of the bump draft,I have been able to use it effectively (with friends / aquaintenances) to help myself get to front of the pack at a track like Daytona Oval.This tactic almost has to be done at this track,especially when you start at the back of the pack.Just be careful with whom you do it with.

I was gonna say this, but Nicksfix got there first. It's a technique you should practice among friends & teammates. I would agree with the guy who got bumped....it's inappropriate to bump-draft someone who's not expecting it. I mean, **** happens and all that, but I'd be pissed too if I were the bumpee.

I feel obliged to pick apart your post now :P

You make no sense at all! We play this game to be realistic, yet you say to smash peoples bumpers, then you say he was wrong. Make up your mind, Jack. Don't quote me and disagree with what I said just because you dont like me.

It should read:
You don't make any sense at all! We play this game because it is realistic, yet you say it is ok to smash people's bumpers - then you say he was wrong.
Also, go take an English 101 class, your way of typing is hardly legible.

Couldn't resist :P Irony is fun.

Wow, I can't believe this thread!

A simple apology & explanation was all that was required. Feeling the need to blame the other driver for not being able to "handle" the bump was where you went wrong.

Ok..... so..... Chad bump drafts driver, driver (not expecting the bump and probably not used to bump drafting) gets totally thrown off and screws up his corner because of initial bump from Chad.

...Driver thinks Chad is a dirty driver/used a dirty tactic... Chad explains himself after the race....tries to get point across to driver but driver is angry and refers to Chad as a dirty driver resulting in chad also becoming angry...

Verdict:

I call a spade a spade.....Chad is in the wrong because its his initial bump draft that caused JasherX to lose control of the car and Jasher has every right to be upset.

On a different note:
JasherX do you still block at the finish line when someone drafts you for the win?

edit: why is this thread 5 pages?

to famine- Jack said bump drafting has "massive benefits," that is advocating bump drafting.

And to ardius- The first thing you corrected is my dialect, it is not wrong. The "an" instead of "a" before english was my only mistake. "Because" and "to be" have to different meanings. "It is ok" and "yet" also have to different meanings. Be obliged, but you are wrong.

Prove to me GT is not a game. You play it on a video game console, it's a game, it's made for entertainment purposes. Sure there are people into it, I'm one of them. We all come here because we are fans of the game and enjoy talking about it. At the end of the day though GT is still a game, nothing more, nothing less.

Football is just a game right?

But millions of people take it very seriously and there is plenty of money in it.

Okay so there are less people who take GT5P as seriously as football but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have rules?

Not everyone plays video games casually believe it or not, if you want to play casually then don't get a GTP tag and sign up.

You are in an odd position because you had a GTP tag before the registry came about, however for everyone else if you want to sign up you obey the rules that come along with it.

I am missing the part where I am supposedly all HOT about all of this. I am not mad, by no means. You all can read in between the lines all you want. It doesn't mean you are right and it also doesn't you are wrong.

Look at from my point of view. At the time of the race. I didn't believe it to be my fault that he hit the wall. So, I kept driving. According to our rules, I am suppose to stop for him and let him pass me. When I am in the wrong, I do stop. Now, to another point, whether you think I was right or wrong is irreverent, at the time I didn't think I did any thing wrong. Normally, when I bump someone, they can handle the extra speed going into the corner.

Whether you believe me or not about when and where I bumped him doesn't matter. My intent was to bump him..follow him in the turn and then bump him some more on the front stretch. Two cars are faster than one. Obviously there was no communication of my actions.

So I don't think I am wrong.. Ok.. I get this message..Posted in the first post. What is my reaction suppose to be? I am a punter? Well, sure this guy kind of irked me. So sure my reply was not the most welcoming.

Every one here knows that at a moment of the situation on race, post race, tempers can flare and mind sets are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back