If there is a Red Bull X2015, what would you want it to be?

Though I am not a huge fan of the Red Bull X-Series cars (being a car outside of real-world regulations), I believe there is still a spot for them in GT as there are players who do support and use them frequently.

In terms of upgrades to the current model I prefer them to be subtle. Like notStig said, the X2015 should be a evolution of the X2014 with minimal adjustments.
Though my opinion would keep and siightly upgrade it's current variants, it'll also add 2 new variants. One new variant is a transition car to prepare Junior drivers for the Standard and Fan Car, the other adds a Electric powertrain to the layout.

Also, these are a bit more expensive than the current models (and I do believe the current ones need the price increase too.)

Updated originals:

X2015 Junior (750,000k cr): Entry Level X-Series Car with a slight bump in power over X2014 Junior. Powered by a 220hp 2.2-Liter I4 with a 12,000rpm redline mated to a 7-speed gearbox, along with aero is similar to the X2014 Junior but more adjustable. The weight gets a slight increase to 570kg

X2015 Advanced (4,500,000cr): New name for the X-series Standard. Aero gets a slight adjustment, allowing for higher straight-line speeds while still being stable in the corners. It will still use the same engine as the X2014 Standard.

X2015 Fan Car (8,000,000 cr): Engine remains the same, yet it's gearbox is upgraded to an 8-speed. There's enhanced high-speed stability thanks to a more powerful fan. However, the car gets a slight weight increase to 565kg due the added parts.

2 New Variants:

X2015 Electric (1,500,000cr): Simply a X2015 Junior with the engine swapped out for a 270hp 200kw Formula-E system with a single speed gearbox that has an adjustable gear ratio. To compensate for the additional torque, the car will have a bit more downforce than the Junior.

X2015 Standard (2,000,000cr): The new Standard. A upgraded version of X2015 Junior set inbetween Junior & Advanced. A compact 495hp V6 is mated to a 7-speed gearbox. Downforce is more than that in the Junior and Electric, but less than the Advanced. Due to the slightly bigger engine, the car is a bit heavier than the Junior at 575kg.
I like your thinking. Maybe add hybrids to the more extreme cars, as well as KERS and DRS.
What I'm really after is something that gives you the thrills of the Standard and Fan Car, but is, as NOSaholic said, DRIVABLE. Perhaps the 2015 Standard or Advanced would fill that role.
Finally, the V6 turbo producing 1200 horsepower is a bit unrealstic. What would really be interesting is V10 engines, possibly turbo.

I like your thinking. Maybe add hybrids to the more extreme cars, as well as KERS and DRS.
What I'm really after is something that gives you the thrills of the Standard and Fan Car, but is, as NOSaholic said, DRIVABLE. Perhaps the 2015 Standard or Advanced would fill that role.
Finally, the V6 turbo producing 1200 horsepower is a bit unrealstic. What would really be interesting is V10 engines, possibly turbo.
The X2014 Standard's engine does have nearly identical engine specs to the 2014 F1-spec 1.6L Turbo V6 with KERS (799hp vs the F1 2014 cars with between 700-800hp). In this case, it should be kept that way. I do agree though that the V10s used in F1's past sounds much nicer than the V6s of today.

The X2014 fan car's Turbo V6 is more powerful than the Normally-Aspirated V10s of the early 2000s F1 era (X2014's 1200hp V6 Turbo vs the 2005 BMW-Williams' 950hp NA V10), but less powerful than the Turbocharged engine (I-4, V6, and V8 variants) used in qualifying rounds of F1 back in 1986 (which went up to 1350hp. The engines used for the actual race were between 900-1000hp). Due to the massive amount of power in a X2014's V6 Turbo, the Fan Car's engine is quite unrealistic for a compact Turbo V6 engine used full-time (in reality, an engine with that much boost would likely fail after running more than 3 laps).

If the X-series Fan Cars were intentionally designed to be made without any of the FIA's current regulations, I do agree PD should've let the car's engine be classified as a Turbo V10 or Turbo V8 in GT6, as the specs lean closer to reality that way. Afterall, they are cars made with technology that exists, as well as parts forbidden by today's FIA Regulations.

Last edited:
I'd like to point out 80s engines, like the BMW "Megatron" unit, were 4 cylinder engines, Not V8s.

Isn't the X2014 Fan Car a Three Litre V6 though? That would make it's HP/Litre just under 400 which is hardly unrealistic considering the power figures that were being thrown around even towards the end of the turbo era with restricted boost pressure (The 88' Honda engine was still making 676hp despite the restrictions that year).

4.0L V8-twin turbo, with four micro-electric motors with F1-style KERS, but all-wheel drive for extra grip to come with its fan. And it should have all driver aids and assists for its added technology to make it safer. As for the design, I want it to combine the X2011 and X2014 Fan Car, but with the original Red Bull Racing livery. Also there should be DRS and an 8-speed gearbox.

Last edited:
I'd like to point out 80s engines, like the BMW "Megatron" unit, were 4 cylinder engines, Not V8s.
I was in a bit of a rush late in that last post, but thanks for noticing the error.

I know that some F1 cars in the 80s had various engine types. BMW had a Turbo Inline 4, Renault had a Turbo V6, Ford-Cosworth had both Normally-Aspirated and Twin Turbo V8s, Alfa Romeo had a Turbo V8 (to name a few variety of engines used in the 80s F1 Cars). However in the 1986 season, F1 cars were producing between 900-1000hp during races with engines tuned specifically for qualifying producing over 1300hp.

As for the Megatron name, it was a subsidary brand made through a deal between BMW, Arrows F1, and the Arrows team's primary sponsor USF&G. Megatron provided Re-badged versions of BMW's M12 inline-4 engine used in 1987 and 1988 for both the Arrows and Ligier F1 teams. The Megatron M12 engines were positioned upright (like the earlier BMW inline-4 F1 cars).

While BMW did leave F1 after the 1986 season, they still supplied Brabhams their own version of their M12 engine that were used in their cars set in a 72 degree angle (nearly Horizontal).

Original Updating:
X2015 Kart - This is a standard 100cc kart which is used to teach drivers how to race. These will have less grippy tyres and a single rain tyre type if conditions are poor.

X2015 Junior -
This X2015 Junior has a higher power output on the original X2014 Junior. This will have a 5 cylinder engine outputting 300BHP and is designed based on the GP3 car with an open cockpit and open wheels, without covers.

X2015 Advanced Hybrid -
This is an updated model of the X2014 Standard and has a turbocharged V6, again, and will output 850BHP. Alongside this, there are new technologies like the Hybrid system which would allow the driver to set a button which would use more power as well as the normal extra acceleration. This model will have aerodynamic improvements and will have an open cockpit and open tyres which will speed up tyre changes. These aerodynamic improvements include a DRS which will automatically open when a speed is reached that is beneficial and close on the brakes.

X2015 Fan Car -
This model of the Fan Car will have an upgraded 3,000cc V6 Turbo to a V8 Turbo. This will increase the power to approximately 1600BHP. Alongside this, there will be a larger rear wing which will increase cornering speeds and decrease laptimes even further.

New Variants:

EX2015 (Electric Power) - This car will be run on electricity only. This is an open cockpit car based on the Dallara GP2 and Formula Renault 3.5 cars whilst also changing the power unit to a 250kW battery. Pit times will be longer than usual so running a car longer and fewer stops will be the key to doing well. Also, in the pitlane, the battery will operate on a pitlane specific power unit of 50kW and allows drivers to run to the very end of their electricity before pitting.

X2015 SuperKart
- A SuperKart based on the original Kart with a 250cc engine.

The X2015 should no longer have Sebastian Vettel's name on it. He has jumped ship to join Ferrari and that pisses me off.

X2015 Junior - This X2015 Junior has a higher power output on the original X2014 Junior. This will have a 5 cylinder engine outputting 300BHP and is designed based on the GP3 car with an open cockpit and open wheels, without covers.
This would be very cool indeed, as long as the rear view mirrors remain visible without having to look left or right. I would drive the Formula Gran Turismo a lot more except the the mirrors are just off screen. Not very helpful for people with a single monitor setup.

This would be very cool indeed, as long as the rear view mirrors remain visible without having to look left or right. I would drive the Formula Gran Turismo a lot more except the the mirrors are just off screen. Not very helpful for people with a single monitor setup.
Well of course! If mirrors aren't visible, you can't race as well!

X2015 SuperKart - A SuperKart based on the original Kart with a 250cc engine.
I would love to get a SuperKart. Toss in the 6spd gearbox and customizable race number and I would get it in a heartbeat.
I'll have it in Teal with Yellow Two-Tone and the Race Number #11 (mimic my old 250cc shifter kart colors and race number).

Actually, ditching the Red Bull X series for a Formula GT evolution would be a great idea, especially now that Vettel is out of Red Bull.

The Red Bull X cars are Adrian Newey's designs and have nothing to do (other then promo) with Vettel so his exit from Red Bull means nothing other then his name not being on the next evolution.

The X2015 should no longer have Sebastian Vettel's name on it. He has jumped ship to join Ferrari and that pisses me off.
That's happening, obviously. Ricciardo is likely to be on it, if any name at all.

X2015 Kart 125cc, 100cc, 50cc, Junior, 250cc
X2015 Junior
X2015 Touring Car
X2015 LM Prototype
X2015 Standard
X2015 Road Car
X2015 Base Model
X2015 Fan Car
X2015 S. Vettel, D. Ricciardo and Harsk Editions

Quite the triple post there.

I would probably keep everything the same, besides a revisioned bodywork, and would probably add in a hybrid system in the car, something similar to that from the TS030 Hybrid.

LIGHTNING ACCELERATION. If it can grip.

Quite the triple post there.

I would probably keep everything the same, besides a revisioned bodywork, and would probably add in a hybrid system in the car, something similar to that from the TS030 Hybrid.

LIGHTNING ACCELERATION. If it can grip.
Yes I know, but I accidentally did an tripled post.... I didn't mean to.

Red_Bull_Car.85192416_std.jpg

X2015 Kart 125cc, 100cc, 50cc, Junior, 250cc
X2015 Junior
X2015 Touring Car
X2015 LM Prototype
X2015 Standard
X2015 Road Car
X2015 Base Model
X2015 Fan Car
X2015 S. Vettel, D. Ricciardo and #Harskbola Editions

Err...

Ok.

I would not wish for any kind of radical changes with the x2015. I would simply ask that it gets the same wicked venturi downforce setup as the x2014 standard, and maybe a new engine created by Honda. They have made some pretty awesome high revving engines over the years, and they could even make it NA if they needed to. And if PD and RBR are feeling adventurous they could try for a 4WD X2015 for fun to see what would happen.

Back