If you could add 1 (Drift) Car

• Thread starter eddyac
  • 399 comments
I can't pick only one, I can't decide between the old black koguchi power 180sx and the signal auto sil80. I also like Naoki Nakamura's S13, that could be just because he drives better than any drifter I have seen though.

The system in formula d is nothing but biased! They just choose the biggest name and favorite!

I can account numerous times when the judges made "mistakes" that even a blind woman with no interest wouldn't even make! One is 2010 when dean Kearney had his vleds s14, was battling Jr, dean went around the clipping point (forget track name), Jr slammed right into him and he got the win. I think another one was dmac in Vegas was battling (forget who), and followed so so close with huge angle, had a good lead run with still good angle, his opponent was way behind, and dmac lost! I'm naming those 2 as I follow them in fd on the rare occasion I watch it.

Plus the cars are overkill!! If you even look at the front of dai's car, you might notice that it was totally reshaped to fit the v8. Its overkill, and most of the drivers don't know how to follow closely.

And last, about the Japanese cars, they choose function over form in order to have a competitive car.

Well yes, sometimes the judges make mistakes, but they don't choose the name with the larger reputation, I attend round two of FD every year, and the past two years, the under dogs have shown the pros out. And yes they are being taken over by V8s but it's mostly because of the long, sloping, and wide tracks FD uses. I mean we also have to remember that FD is American, please keep that in mind. Americans, the ones who invented car (muscle cars) with extremely huge motors and large hp #s. FD is the Americanized Drift League. Please stop judging it as if it's supposed to be D1GP or something. I didn't write the post to fully disagree because I've noted some of your points that I agree with, just my take on it. :)

I would add Vaughn Gittin Jr.'s 2005 and 2011 (Monster) Mustangs, Add the '98 Mustang Cobra, AND Make The Cobra R a PREMIUM CAR!

A lot of nice cars have been named in this thread, so I'll go with a premium S14 for now

This. Complete with body kit, rims and battle scars.
IMG_0043.jpg

Ooooo....nice,i might want that with turbo or supercharge

i would just love to do V8 swaps on stuff like in forza but if i had to add one car I have always wanted to drift a foxbody mustang but i also wanna do a Ls1 swap into a RX-7 or i'd like to do a 454 frankenstine 70 mustang

keru
Jzx90,jzx100, and jzx110 mark II and cresta.
Also toyota crown athlete.

Dammit u beat me to it haha imagine me and your mark 2s in game ur 100 and my 90 haha would be dope soo for my choice i say my profile pic and real car along with yours

Tony Angelo Formula Drift 2012 new car
tonyTC1.jpg

and please option of 0 downforce on racing cars

Last edited:
SparcoSmoke
i would just love to do V8 swaps on stuff like in forza but if i had to add one car I have always wanted to drift a foxbody mustang but i also wanna do a Ls1 swap into a RX-7 or i'd like to do a 454 frankenstine 70 mustang

Ashamed....

I want premium s-chassis's

Yea, that would actually be nice, the only time I really remember GT doing anything like that, was on GT2 when you could change the motor and appearance of your car to a race car. (Which they're now doing again.) But it's still not enough, there just isn't enough possibility for you to add you're own 'personal touch' to cars. I know it's supposed to be a driving simulator but even then you still have a certain level of customization. :indiff:

I want the 2010 Mustang GT ;)
Mustang_Drift1.jpg

Man appearently the new coyote 5.0 can put out some serious numbers once you toss a trubo on it (just turbo) but once you build a full race motor out of it I've seen (in Mustang mag) over 1000HP just think that, in the game O.O

Back