If you could have a 24hr event at any track, what would it be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tayjayEVO8
  • 95 comments
  • 4,858 views
TOKYO R246. Would love to see the sun set over that city track and race into the night 👍
 
El Capitan from GT4. I miss that track so much and must of accumulated around 24 hours there just in arcade mode!
agreed.

or eiger
 
SSR5 - I would like to see that track in day time 👍
 
SSR5 - I would like to see that track in day time 👍

Off-topic but I definitely wouldn't. It would take away the mysterious feeling of the entire setting. Ever since CSR5 in GT1 I have felt a special mood on this track which I'm sure daylight would ruin.
 
I totally forgot about Spa. I would love to tackle Eau Rouge in the X1, or any car on GT5 for that matter. Could you imagine the Dynamic Weather System working it's butt off at Spa? OOH or the old Hockenheim layout
 
Cape Ring (probably the best GT original track ever!!!) and Daytona Road course.
 
Red.
Rock.
Valley.

The track looked great in the sunset, and the transition to night would be even better.
 
Red.
Rock.
Valley.

The track looked great in the sunset, and the transition to night would be even better.

^THIS

And Cape Ring or El Capital... those two tracks are just EPIC... would love to see a night-to-day-to-night 24hrs on SS5 and SS11.
 
Bathurst, Valenciana Ricardo Tormo (My favourite track on the PSP version), Spa, El Capitan, Complex String, MidField Raceway and Trial Mountain.
 
It would have to be a classic 24hr race; either Spa or Road Atlanta (aka Petit Le Mans).
 
I would choose my own track. Husky Grand Prix. "24 hours of Husky." No, siriously, I came up with this awesome track on the editor. It´s so relaxing and fluid. Ussually you don´t go less than 220KMH. But it has several turns as well. A great track to push you car to the limit, without being boring like an oval. I love it.

Would you care to share it? I always wanted to race on a track like that.:)
 
I'd love a 24hr Mosport race, if it were in the game (I'm partial because it's local).

As for in-game tracks, a 24hr Laguna Seca would be cool. Image a snow/rain drenched corkscrew in the middle of the night! :D
 
I'd love a 24hr Mosport race, if it were in the game (I'm partial because it's local).

I think its unlikely that Mosport will ever be featured in a GT game without the game being open to community contents. I think I remember Kaz said during one of the GT TV program on the Concours d'Elegance at Pebble Beach that for a long time he pays no attention to old cars, and despite being kinda reinvigorated by ALMS in recent years Mosport is very much a track from the older era of car racing....

I'd love to drive GT on it though, being one of the only game you can drive semi-normal cars in, it will be interesting to see how it feels...it was a lot of fun in rFactor and GTR2...
 
I have to agree with those calling for Daytona since it is an actual event in the racing world.
 
OR!!! OR!!! 24 heures de Chamonix!!!! (google it). Its real, we have the track, and it would be AWESOME!
 
Tsukuba. Because the 2 endurance races we already have there aren't QUITE boring enough...

Maybe in 1100 Beetles...
 
Tsukuba. Because the 2 endurance races we already have there aren't QUITE boring enough...

Maybe in 1100 Beetles...

24 hours of Indy, in a Life Step Van. That would tip the boredom scale.

At least a Beetle has some nostalgia, and a 24hr race could be fun in one (a 24hr Beetle rally, for example)
 
I vote for the track in one of the license tests in GT4, the one where you had to do 3 laps of a perfectly circle track in the rain.
 
I think its unlikely that Mosport will ever be featured in a GT game without the game being open to community contents. I think I remember Kaz said during one of the GT TV program on the Concours d'Elegance at Pebble Beach that for a long time he pays no attention to old cars, and despite being kinda reinvigorated by ALMS in recent years Mosport is very much a track from the older era of car racing....

I'd love to drive GT on it though, being one of the only game you can drive semi-normal cars in, it will be interesting to see how it feels...it was a lot of fun in rFactor and GTR2...

That's why Sports Car GT will always be one of my favourite games. Not only did it have Mosport, and other tracks, but it was the last game I've seen that had various Vector supercars:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Car_GT
 
I would have 24 hrs of no track because 24hrs of racing any track is worse than watching pain dry. Just no need for it.
 
I would say Monza - with the oval. I'd love to see that, and I think it'd be very challenging for a 24 hour race...
 
I would say Monza - with the oval. I'd love to see that, and I think it'd be very challenging for a 24 hour race...
That version of Monza would be a great addition to the game.
 
24 hours of Daytona would be excellent. It feels like Grand Valley Speedway ought to have its own 24 hour race as well, seeing as it is GT's ultimate race circuit.

On a side note: 12 hours of SSR5/SSR12 would be brilliant. Now that really would be the start of a long night. :D
 
Back