If you could have a 24hr event at any track, what would it be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tayjayEVO8
  • 95 comments
  • 4,858 views
None, because at the moment 24 hour races are nothing like real 24 hour races. At the moment it's basically just 24 hours of driving, there is nothing there that makes the real 24 hour races exciting. Mechanical problems, risk of wrecking and causing damage, swapping of drivers, a full field of different classes etc.
 
I'd have to go with Spa. Bathurst is a right behind it.
 
And I do wish that building B-Spec Bob had a real point like building him, Billy and Bono to race along with you in the Endurance events like a combined team effort. That way your actual time behind the wheel would be severely reduced.
 
I'd love to have a 24 hour race at the regular Nurburgring, don't really like the F1 Nurburgring.
 
Of the available tracks, it is without a question Daytona road course. How can there be no 24 hours of Daytona? That race should have been before le mans on the leveling. Level 35 Daytona, 37 Le Mans, 40 Nuerburgring. Fixes some of the grinding.
 
Of the available tracks, it is without a question Daytona road course. How can there be no 24 hours of Daytona? That race should have been before le mans on the leveling. Level 35 Daytona, 37 Le Mans, 40 Nuerburgring. Fixes some of the grinding.

👍
 
Of the available tracks, it is without a question Daytona road course. How can there be no 24 hours of Daytona? That race should have been before le mans on the leveling. Level 35 Daytona, 37 Le Mans, 40 Nuerburgring. Fixes some of the grinding.

I completely agree
 
I'd like to see the 24-hour races expanded, but only if they're willing to do them like ACTUAL 24-hour races. Pits for repairs and replacements, the actual ability to change drivers (you drive sometimes, your Bobs drive others, or you co-drive with friends via internet).

Do that, and expand the series to include the 24 Hours of Daytona, the 12 Hours of Sebring (Why *ISN'T* Sebring in the game, anyway? Or the ALMS series, for that matter? Licensing, no doubt, but I'd love to see them added).

Then, for fun, bring in the 24 Hours of LeMons races. Take your favorite old beater used car and run it with your buddies for 24 hours, or until it explodes and melts down in a fit spontaneous infernal combustion. :)
 
I'd love to have a 24 hour race at the regular Nurburgring, don't really like the F1 Nurburgring.

No kidding. I freaking HATE that course. And fricking Tilke is designing the F1 course here in Austin, too. :( The Nurburgring new course feels like it's designed to STOP YOU from ever getting a nice flowing rhythm going, whereas the old Nordschleife feels like it's both a willing partner in the dance, and a stalking leopard waiting for you to make a mistake so it can pounce on your a**.
 
No kidding. I freaking HATE that course. And fricking Tilke is designing the F1 course here in Austin, too. :( The Nurburgring new course feels like it's designed to STOP YOU from ever getting a nice flowing rhythm going, whereas the old Nordschleife feels like it's both a willing partner in the dance, and a stalking leopard waiting for you to make a mistake so it can pounce on your a**.

Exactly, the corners don't flow well at all, and the kerbs want to send you flying.
The 4 hour Nurburgring would have been VERY VERY enjoyable if it wasn't for that part of the track.
 
I'd love to see a 24hrs of Eiger K Trail in the Fiat 500, where you spend 20 of those hours trying to get up that hill:crazy:
 
I'd love to see a 24hrs of Eiger K Trail in the Fiat 500, where you spend 20 of those hours trying to get up that hill:crazy:

It is possible to get up the hill if you drive in a zig zag.
Just do one lap and you should have won the race :D
What a nice way to get loads of XP ;)
 
It is possible to get up the hill if you drive in a zig zag.
Just do one lap and you should have won the race :D
What a nice way to get loads of XP ;)

:lol: You'd probably manage 2 laps at most, if you manage to get up the hill itself, and the other hillclimb afterwards.
 
Hard decision, but Nurburgring, I love that track after doing my popular track day events.
 
Hard decision, but Nurburgring, I love that track after doing my popular track day events.

I'd happily do a Nurburgring Forever endurance race:dopey:

As long as they leave out the 4hr version.
 
24 Hours Of Daytona(Road Course). Similar to the Rolex 24 happening this Saturday.
 
The one where they joined the Nurburgring Nordschleife with the Nurburgring F1 track.
Not great.

Oh, man I hate that one, even worse it's the only one that get's weather.
 
The one where they joined the Nurburgring Nordschleife with the Nurburgring F1 track.
Not great.

The version with the short GP course attached.

I actually don't mind the 24HR version too much, provides a contrast where you have to completely change your driving technique.
 
Oh, man I hate that one, even worse it's the only one that get's weather.

The Nurburgring Nordschleife is fine with weather, but terrible when the F1 version is involved.
 
Grand Valley. Imagine dusk there like it was in GT3, such a beautiful sight, and even better in HD probably. Add in some weather (maybe specified patterns since it's near a large body of water) and.... oh my. I might not even need Bobs for that, I'd drive on pure adrenaline for 24 hours.

Trial Mountain and Deep Forest going from day to night would be lovely too. Imagine watching the sun rise going along the back of Deep Forest, or seeing the lake at Trial Mountain rise and have Nessie jump out on to the track.

12 hour races on the special stages (route 5 and 11) would be nice too, start at dusk, finish at dawn.
 
An endless-automatically-created-real-time-track.

WTF? lol

I mean, not a circuit, but a point A to point B race that is generated by the system in real time when you are racing on it.
 
Well I'd like to see a 24h race at the Daytona Road Course be in the game, and that'd probably be my choice along with Road Atlanta. Other than Le Sarthe of course ;)
 
LethalZidane
Would you care to share it? I always wanted to race on a track like that.:)

Man, I wish I could, but I don´t have an internet connection for my PS3 right now since I´m using a USB stick modem. I´m going to copy the settings i made to the track to see if you can duplicate it. I think its possible.
 
I support everyone who said Daytona.

Hmmm...for ***** and giggles, a 24 hr Cape Ring Inside. With 16 karts.

Or perhaps the Tokyo Commute Experience: a 24 hr keicar endurance race around Tokyo R246.
 
I wouldn't mind doing 24 hours of Grand Valley Speedway.
Or Monza
 
Back