If you could listen to just one solo instrument...Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlexGTV
  • 42 comments
  • 3,009 views

AlexGTV

(Banned)
Messages
1,547
Greece
Salonica
...What would that be? :dopey:

I have to go with the bass. Can be simultaneously groovy, melodic and harmonic.

What do you choose?
 
Guitar. Probably played by Stevie Ray Vaughn or someone similar and equally as talented.
 
^He was intense. So tragic he died like that.
 
^He was intense. So tragic he died like that.
SRV got me into blues and I will be forever grateful for that. I could listen to "Riviera Paradise" a million times.
But I beg to differ, its piano for me. Something by Thelonious Monk...
 
Was gonna say maybe piano, it's really a toss up.
 
Guitar without a doubt for me.

Scaff
 
I have to go with the bass. Can be simultaneously groovy, melodic and harmonic.QUOTE]

Well being a bass player myself I have to agree Alex. If I had to listen to just one person playing bass though it would have to be Jaco on his '62 fretless Jazz - The Bass of DOOM! :)

Think I might actually go listen to some Weather Report right now in fact!
 
If an F1 car was an intrument, then that. But since it isnt, ill have to choose drums.
 
I flipped a coin and piano won but I chose guitar anyways. I don't abide by the coin.
 
I kind of like a Classical Guitar to be played as a solo instrument.
 
Cello seems like the obvious choice for me.
 
I play the guitar, bass, drums and piano (most of the instruments listed in this thread).

The piano is in another world when it comes to musical instruments. I've played songs that require hitting 12 different notes at once (you hit two with both thumbs). You simply cannot do that with any of the other instruments mentioned The versatility of the piano has made it the quintessential solo instrument for centuries.

There simply is no other choice.

 
Drums for me, after all, I play them!
 
Acoustic guitar. In the right hands, I could never get tired of the sound it makes.
 
Guitar.
 
Dificult one, usually I'd say guitar but I've heard some amazing stuff coming from piano or violin.
 
I'm the first one to say this, and probably the only one that will say this, but, BANJO!!!
 
Saxophone all the way; then piano.
 
You may think that because I sing then I would choose vocal. But no, I can make that sound myself, and I have my brother for guitar. So I'm not listening, I'm experiencing those in reality. Get in a pianist and then we play!

Am I doing it right? :p
 
I say records count as an instrument! I would listen to records!
 
guitar played by the almighty Jake E. Lee! or maybe Yngwie Malmsteen
 
An epic sax solo played by Clarence Clements.
 
Mayonnaise.
 
Back