Igor Fraga vs. Mikail Hizal: The World Final Rematch We've Been Waiting For

Meh. I watched one of these shows & enjoyed the commentary, but find them far too long & boring; not enough racing & too much talking in between races for my liking.

:indiff:

i hope Igor "lift" Fraga can show us he really means to be the clean champion.

That was just gamesmanship that went a millimetre too far. A bit harsh to call him 'dirty' for it.

I think Miyazono and Latkowski are also the ones to mention.

...and Lopez, Suswillo, Brooks, Rubilar and Wong, among others. With a bit of luck, there's a lot of drivers in with a shout.

They've put the final race in Igor's backyard, I'd be very surprised if anyone other than Igor wins given this, he's absolutely untouchable there.

Would love to be proven wrong.

images (21).jpeg

Nico Rosberg needs to start doing videos on GT Sport E sport events lmaoooo

High downforce cars Fraga dominates at, no surprise considering he drives them IRL.

So yes, the schedule has played in to his hands and he'll likely win like he always does lol

VBR
Meh. I watched one of these shows & enjoyed the commentary, but find them far too long & boring; not enough racing & too much talking in between races for my liking.

I usually don't watch them live, most events don't fit my personal schedule so just ffwd to the race/interesting bits a day after. Watch quite a lot of real life racing (Imsa/ WEC/ Blancpain and Super GT) and find myself puzzled by how much i enjoy watching these guys play GTS competitively.

They've put the final race in Igor's backyard, I'd be very surprised if anyone other than Igor wins given this, he's absolutely untouchable there.

Would love to be proven wrong.
What are all this people above afraid of ?
There is no virtual backyard .... just because it can be everybody's backyard. Same for cars .
Just let the best gtplayer win on sunday.

I usually don't watch them live, most events don't fit my personal schedule so just ffwd to the race/interesting bits a day after.

Good idea, maybe I should try that.

👍

I must admit, I initially when I got the game I was so behind Fraga because I saw him first on a stream, and was very impressed. But, I loved seeing Hizal show his passion when he finished the win at Catalunya...Then the controversy
I can’t wait to see these two race each other again.
As a fan I just want to watch great racing, and I hope all the competitors treat each other as professionals on track.

I'm not 100% sure but I think they don't use damage in these races, do they? If not, then they should just turn full damage on and I think we would see a lot less agressive and much more realistic driving/racing then. Sometimes the races look like an ordinary daily race. :lol: Especially the repechage ones. I think everybody would think twice about "just lifting off" at 300 kph if it could potentially end their race. And if they indeed don't use damage in these races then what the hell are they trying to simulate? Bumper cars? I mean they simulate tyre wear, fuel consumption, grip, loss of grip, drag, slipstream, dirty air, oversteer, understeer, ... . Why the hell not damage? The element of fear would bring a whole new depth to these races in my opinion.

Last edited:
Re damage, I don’t know, but I do know for me the best racing to watch is when PROFESSIONAL, proper defense is respected as if the cars were real.
I must admit being so disappointed in the repechage they did at the oval. I was rooting very hard for ft ant I think the name is...My countryman, and I loved when they asked him pre race about what he thought he let them know. You could just tell by his face he knew what was up. He got screwed over by bumper cars in that one and nobody wants to watch that.

Don't forget this great fast happy human been , when he's on his "good" day , he can beat anybody. He did it with Hizal the clean way one time.
So much good people together , that will be a great week end ....... if everybody race fair , with respect and humility.
I'm a Nico's fan too .:)👍
i1CCqoqCK9wMycE.jpg

It was a deliberate lift, it was dirty, no millimeters involved.

That one or two moves was certainly intentional and dirty, but overall and besides those incidents, I won't label him a dirty driver. If one or two such moves earn you a dirty label, none of the current F1 drivers will survive the test, neither will quite a large number of top GTS drivers. One must not confuse dirty with hard or aggressive racing.

I think Miyazono and Latkowski are also the ones to mention. If the situations will be clean and ideal, these four drivers will probably be in the front.
But as we saw already, it is not always the case who is the fastest. So I am leaving open cards even for someone else out of those four.
Don't forget this great fast happy human been , when he's on his "good" day , he can beat anybody. He did it with Hizal the clean way one time.
So much good people together , that will be a great week end ....... if everybody race fair , with respect and humility.
I'm a Nico's fan too .:)👍
View attachment 867307
You'll be wanting this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...driver-rankings-november-2019-edition.390897/

When will this very talented kids leave the arcadish video game granturismo to start venture on a real simulator like iracing to compete and prove themselves with the big boys?

That one or two moves was certainly intentional and dirty, but overall and besides those incidents, I won't label him a dirty driver. If one or two such moves earn you a dirty label, none of the current F1 drivers will survive the test, neither will quite a large number of top GTS drivers. One must not confuse dirty with hard or aggressive racing.

The thing to be seen, is if he continues making these dirty moves. Some try to make light of it, but had he done that IRL it would have been catastrophic and would have resulted in huge repercussions by the FIA.

What are all this people above afraid of ?
There is no virtual backyard .... just because it can be everybody's backyard. Same for cars .
Just let the best gtplayer win on sunday.

He's both raced there IRL and is notoriously fast there in game. But I forget we aren't exactly used to analysis in GT.

When will this very talented kids leave the arcadish video game granturismo to start venture on a real simulator like iracing to compete and prove themselves with the big boys?

Not sure I'd call it "the big boys" when about 6 people follow iRacing Esports, GT is a significantly bigger platform whether you happen to like it or not.

The thing to be seen, is if he continues making these dirty moves. Some try to make light of it, but had he done that IRL it would have been catastrophic and would have resulted in huge repercussions by the FIA.

Agreed.

I'm still going to watch, but I'm far less interested in the live events these days. Part of it is due to the Fraga/ Hizal incident which was a little ridiculous. But also hearing about the experiences of drivers like Brooks make these events hard to like.

That being said, has participant info been posted anywhere yet? Didn't see anything on the GT Twitter account

Not sure I'd call it "the big boys" when about 6 people follow iRacing Esports, GT is a significantly bigger platform whether you happen to like it or not.
Actually I think that any virtual racing that allows a racer to attempt a "redo" of the same race in multiple time slots of the same event and only requires half of the results to be tallied to determine where or if one qualifies for the event is arcadish and much more like a game than an actual e-sports event where the bad results should count as much as the good results.

Also a competition where the drivers draw the cars they are going to race out of a bowl right before the race you really want to call that any sort of a realistic sports event where the car drawn and which track is being run does as much or more to do with influencing the racers fortune in the event as the racers actual skills?

Watching both series, iracing and gt sport competitions online I would have to say that the iracing more closely mirrors what you would see in a real life event. I also see much less ping ponging of cars and vehicle contact in general with the iracing drivers as compared to the gt sport drivers in most events. Just watching the online events I would say the iracing format including penalty phases is a step above GT sport in realism or as compared to real world racing.

I like both but the iracing format is just closer to that of real world racing whether you happen to like it or not. And no I do not have an iracing subscription.

He's both raced there IRL and is notoriously fast there in game. But I forget we aren't exactly used to analysis in GT.
Real life experience matter ? I tought gts was just a simcade.
Anybody with enough skills and time can virtually train on any track with any car and be a virtual champion.
Back on real track real car , sure igor will have a huge advantage . This is not an analysis . You're right , but a simple fact.

Back