Immaculate Challenges > All 3 Expert Races Added!

• Thread starter amar212
  • 203 comments
Just discovered this great thread, going to give the new events a go with your restrictions.

Thanks Amar :)

Yes, I enjoy the seasonal events and usually leave it to stock settings. I always try not to win gold right away and just win 6th place and work my way up to maximize points and credits. If its to easy I usually downgrade my tires to give it more of a challenge. Great Idea hope this will make GT5 more enjoyable for everyone and stop the whinning. But I'm sure thats for another thread. :sly:

Excellent challenges in this thread, thanks for all your hard work guys. Not good enough to beat these myself yet, but it's great to aim for them.

My favourite "upgrade" so far is running hot laps in practice mode to find out where all my bad corners are :)

Oh I forgot to ask - has anyone done anything like this for the original A-Spec events?

Yes
The 1st car i have bought was Vitz RS Turbo UCD and equipped it with Comfort Hards.
I could do 5 or 6 Events with this Car in Beginner and Amateur League.

raVer

Yes
The 1st car i have bought was Vitz RS Turbo UCD and equipped it with Comfort Hards.
I could do 5 or 6 Events with this Car in Beginner and Amateur League.

raVer

Oh yeah I've gone back to re-play A-Spec events with different car setups, it's a fun way to "grind" for cash and challenge yourself and experiment.

I remember trying the Mini race stock the first playthrough and had a lot of trouble getting first without some upgrades. Tried it again recently with a brand new stock Mini and got it pretty easily this time. It was a nice little marker for myself showing that I had improved.

Polyphony should set up some separate "challenges" for the A-Spec events, either for trophies or cars that you can only earn if you play by some restrictions they set.

Thanks a bunch for doing this guy(s), I was starting to feel pretty burned out but this'll definately keep me playing. :) I did the Ferrari one and the difficulty was spot on.

Anyone have a video of their schwimwaggon lap? I am not making any headway here and apparently need to shave 5 seconds a lap off! @_@ I am just not seeing where I am going to do that... I am doing 1:19's now and could see trimming it down to 1:17 at the very best but it's looking like that won't cut it... I mean I am passing the 4th place guy only to have him them pass me back on the straights with a vengence.

Pointers?

Anyone have a video of their schwimwaggon lap? I am not making any headway here and apparently need to shave 5 seconds a lap off! @_@ I am just not seeing where I am going to do that... I am doing 1:19's now and could see trimming it down to 1:17 at the very best but it's looking like that won't cut it... I mean I am passing the 4th place guy only to have him them pass me back on the straights with a vengence.

Pointers?

For the Schwimmwagen you need a 2:17 lap , you do 1:19s.
So where´s the problem?

raVer

For the Schwimmwagen you need a 2:17 lap , you do 1:19s.
So where´s the problem?

raVer

I must be winning! :D

My bad...

I averated 1:20 the whle race and was 25 seconds off first at the end... also the 4th place guy actually pased me... I am not sure how I am gonna pull that off... 1:17 seems like I might be able to eek it out if that's really what it takes but I am just not seeing where I can pull 2-3 seconds from... maybe gearing? I am geared to max 93mph.

Any updates for the Corvette race?

Added to OP, all 5 races are up now 👍

The Cappuccino race is barely winnable with 98hp and comfort softs.
I would love to see a video of someone winning it with the suggested setup.

It is 100% winnable on suggested IC setup, you just have to really master car, track and overtaking sequence.

Notice that shifting at 8000rpm will drastically improve your accel.

Redid the Cappu Race with 86 HP and Comfort Meds , ended 2nd 1.5 secs behind.btw The Stage 3 turbo messed the car up.
raVer

Not all "HP" is the same. You can do the oil change and add a Turbo 3, but you will get unbalanced performance, although HP will nominally be as noted.

Upgrading the car have to be done in order to balance the parts and maximize performance. For Suzuki we did different mechanical upgrades which allowed better work of the engine on low rpms. Slapping Stage3 turbo will give you desired HP but will leave you short on actual performance. You need to alter your views on upgrading and tuning, sterile hunt for HP numbers is not always the best one :)

EDIT I am so stuck on the schwimwagen... even with 65hp I am 25 seconds off first and it seems I can't make time on the 4rd place guy at all... he just holds a steady lead....

You know that Customizable Transmission adds a 5th gear, right? :)

Kidding 👍 Gear should be set at 150km/h (I guess it is 93 mph), but you really have to learn how to brake minimally and use Schimwagen's engine and drive characteristics in order to cope with the turns.

I really can't make any videos, but trust me when I say that with 65HP and 150km/h gearbox and no mistakes you can overtake the leader in the last lap in the middle of the track - at the very end of the loop - and end the race with almost 5 sec ahead.

Keep trying and use the brakes as light as you can, and brake with the engine-gearing keeping the rpm's as high as you can 👍

Not all "HP" is the same. You can do the oil change and add a Turbo 3, but you will get unbalanced performance, although HP will nominally be as noted.

Upgrading the car have to be done in order to balance the parts and maximize performance. For Suzuki we did different mechanical upgrades which allowed better work of the engine on low rpms. Slapping Stage3 turbo will give you desired HP but will leave you short on actual performance. You need to alter your views on upgrading and tuning, sterile hunt for HP numbers is not always the best one :)

I found this to be very true and applicable to these races.
Although it can be a little time consuming, experimentation wise.

Kidding 👍 Gear should be set at 150km/h (I guess it is 93 mph), but you really have to learn how to brake minimally and use Schimwagen's engine and drive characteristics in order to cope with the turns.

I really can't make any videos, but trust me when I say that with 65HP and 150km/h gearbox and no mistakes you can overtake the leader in the last lap in the middle of the track - at the very end of the loop - and end the race with almost 5 sec ahead.

Keep trying and use the brakes as light as you can, and brake with the engine-gearing keeping the rpm's as high as you can 👍

While I didn't win by that much margin, I was able to catch the 800 at the chicanes before the last right hairpin to the start/finish.
As said in a previous post, a caught him and still lost twice, before winning.
I can attest it is doable.

EDIT: Lap times from replay;

Lap 1 - 2:18.672
Lap 2 - 2:16.415
Lap 3 - 2:16.593
Lap 4 - 2:16.898
Lap 5 - 2:18.704

I used 99mph on the tranny setting.

Last edited:
Just completed the Cappucino challenge on my third try (though I did bump the inside of a gutter once... :(, would only have scratched a wheel in real so no way I am restarting for that one :P).

These are tougher than I thought they would be. You really have to max out the potential of the car. Ended up doing a 1:11.4xx best lap which is the pace you need to achieve if you are going to beat this one.

I agree nasanu, these challanges are pretty tough.

For the cappucino challenge I had to change the way I had initially tuned the engine, this combined with changing gear at lower revs as mentioned earlier made all the difference. I must admit to a small exchange of paint so no "Great Driving" there :sly:

I did however manage some "Great Driving" with the mazda at Tsukuba completing it with 182 bhp, that was a really enjoyable combo.

Looking forward to tackling the rest of the challenges :)

First of all, thanks for this guys! :D.

As some constructive criticism, I'd like to ask you if there's a set level of difficulty for your challenges. At least to me, it appears that it varies from challenge to challenge.

For instance: I was able to do the 8C challenge in "Great Driver" difficulty in my 2nd try and I cleared the SuperGT race at HSR with a stock GT-R on Racing hards. Yet I was barely able to do the Tuscan race in silver with your specs, and to gold the crapuccino (Maybe just my opinion, but I hate the car. Even painted it on brown.) one I had to use sports soft (Though it was a real overkill. Maybe sports hard could've done a photo finish).

My driving isn't really bad. I've cleared the first two licenses in gold and the rest in silver. Also I was in Div 4 Bronze on GT5P registry but in the new qualifier I was able to set a gold time in the AMG challenge. How can I gold some races with ease and have trouble with others? :confused::confused::confused:

It very well may be a mistake in my driving (If so, please point it so I can correct it please 👍) but it got me wondering about the difficulty level of your challenges. It would be amazing if you tailored a "Bronze, Silver, Gold" difficulty for your challenges akin to the level of skill required for the license tests.

Thanks again for this awesome idea!!!

Last edited:
amar, I'd just like to thank you for the effort you and your friends are putting into creating the Immaculate Challenges. I have limited time to race and despite my best efforts, it was difficult to not resort to overtuning. I have adopted your guidelines completely and certainly find them a good challenge.

My Cappucino is .6 off a win, I came second with the Mazda first time out but am sick of that circuit so won't be going back, cleared the Skyline and the Ferrari and have been waiting for the Corvette race (although I did put some race hards on my otheriwse stock ZR1 but was 5-6 seconds off - have to go and buy another car now :) )

Thanks again

Pointers?

All you need the fully customisable transmission pack for 20,000 then before the race go to stup and change the transmission settings on max speed to 124mph

sorted 👍

I think I am scrubing off seconds in the second half of the race starting with that weird little almost s curve after the sweeping left then through the big s and around that last turn... I am trying different things but it seems that anything I do different than what I do now ends up with me either getting all sideways or just being plum slow...

Gonna have to practice more but was hoping to see someone elses run to get a feel for where I am missing...

And as for passing the last guy, I can barely pass 4th and he passes me back! :D

BTW was the 65hp you got achieved with engine upgrades or turbos?

Another challenge for Corvette added, regards!

BTW was the 65hp you got achieved with engine upgrades or turbos?

I do not know, have to check it later today, but I think it is not just simple turbo.

You really, really, really have to be tactile with brakes. Up to the point of almost no usage. You have to accelerate to 5th and then dive into the first corner using the high rpms of the 4th gear and climb up to the hill in 4th. Than shift to 5th immediately when descent to loop begins and stay in 5th throughout whole loop section, up the slope, down the slope and all until the small hill before the very chicane.

Chicane is the most critical part. You have to master it in 4th gear, pressing the brake before small slope while you're still in 5th, than shift to four - be sure your wheels are straight, you can't brake and turn with Schwimm - and dive into chicane in 4th, using high rpms to catapult you to the "S" turns. Shift to 5th for the first part of the "S", then downshift to 4th for the second part. Remain in fourth all until the last corner, but brake before actual turn (while your wheels are straight) and downshift to 3rd.

Exit the last turn in 3rd, use the inner curbs for assist in steering and than accelerate for the straight.

All you need to master is maintaining as much speed as possible throughout the whole race. You can do it, come on! :) 👍

Last edited:
Notice that shifting at 8000rpm will drastically improve your accel.

Wow, what a difference that makes. Finally barely won it with the IC settings. Up to this point I've done 99.9% of events in AT including the Vettel challenge. Guess I should begin to learn MT after all.

Thanks for doing this. 👍

All you need the fully customisable transmission pack for 20,000 then before the race go to stup and change the transmission settings on max speed to 124mph

sorted 👍
That's exactly what I did once I realised I was losing time in the 1st 3 sectors, found it a breeze after that.

Did the Nissan Skyline 350 @ Trial Mountain like reported, but with the freaking oil change... :ouch:

To try to make it a bit more challenging, I drove with cockpit view and with the HUD off (it is Trial Mountain, after all...), but even so it was that little bit too easy.

Oh well.

SEASONAL EVENTS #6 Challenges

1. Suzuki Cappucino / SS5 > Rhythm of the Night

Wow, this race next to the shwimm-mobile is the toughest yet, I think.
Kept trying to do it with auto trans but no dice. Had to breakdown and use manual.
A very challenging race, with the overtake obstacles, and the Cappo trying to break into the electric slide on every corner.
Made me yearn for a hit off the NOS bottle from GT4.
Experimenting to see exactly what HP would be needed for an auto trans win.

3. Nissan Skyline 350 / Trial Mountain > 4-Door Power

Good race. I like the track.
The Skyline was a surprisingly good handler for a sedan.

Haven't gotten to the other races yet.
Happy Imac challenge to everyone.

Last edited:
This is a brilliant thread!! I only just found it but I'm so glad I did. Usually I take the stock vehicle out on the seasonal and add one part at a time until I achieve gold. But sometimes just one part can make the difference between third, and first by half a lap! Its very difficult to achieve the perfect tune for a true challenge.

Thank you very much to Amar and the GTSurgeons for your hard work and preperation! 👍 I shall wait until seasonal 7 is up until I try and tackle them :D

Nice challenges you have there.

Never tried any, but I did do the Nordschleife one in the Golf completely stock (not even oil change) unwittingly :P

Hum, Kaz says on his twitter: a little pause until the next seasonal events..
They started spoiling us with every week new seasonal events, and now they stop it.. not cool

Back