Importing 3D vehicles from GT4\GT3

• Thread starter ferrari gt
  • 154 comments
Russian Federation
Moscow
Energo_US
Hello everyone!:)

You may know me for imported cars from GT2,so now it's GT3\GT4 era!

So,straight to the theme:
There is 2 ways to get cars 3d models

first one:Ninja ripper+(you know what i mean)
two:Bunch of programms.

they both 100% work,but i can't get needed result,and 99% is that's because i have 64 bit windows,and not 32

(The problem is not in my pc,because it's ultra powerful and i have a licence for my windows 7 maximum 64 bit:lol:)

so,by the first way i can get only screwed up scene and blank(transparent) cube-shaped textures

Here are the examples:

and textures(sometimes they are 1 pixel wide colourful palletes)

way #2
You need to extract GT4.VOL file,then extract car archive,then,by using offzip(i have no idea,but this programm doesn't works on my pc) you will get archive unpacked.

in any car archive you'll see 2 textures in .PAT format(for some reason,photoshop says they are broken)
2 3D models in .car format

then,by using BMS script you can convert .car file to 3ds

this thing works incorrectly on my PC and i get this:(what a beautiful car:lol:)

and by the idea,i get a model like this...(extracted by some other guy)

if you are interested,here are the links
http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/Gran+Turismo+4
http://ps23dformat.wikispaces.com/Gran+Turismo+3

Any suggestions,gentelmen?👍

Little announcment\update!!!
Guys,i'm as close to the truth as it possible!!!:eek:
tommorow you'll see the screens of work in progress,i made a huge step forward and tommorow i think,we will get firs car ripped!:lol:

*sorry for no actual materials-my free trial on imageshack is over*

All right,guys,i'm back!:lol:

Well,i've got news for you;)
1)Now i can extract any texture from Gran Turismo 3/4
2)Gran turismo 3/4 have a ripping problem-they draw not all the meshes at the same time,they draw only things you're supposed to see.

So,let me show you the stuff.
First of all-textures;)
Theese are actual terxtures from the Gran turismo 4

Next important part-3D models
Ninja ripper is just a stupid tool and useless here,trust me:This is the result of ninja ripper

Next going up-(OH,YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT) version 0.9.8 with software d3d9 plugin can capture scene and after hard work it can be restored.But here's the problem of gt-Non-drawn polygons

so,i'm still searching for different ways to import 3d models from their files.i know it's possible-one japanese made a mod for a gta sa with a mazda rx-7 from GT4
So,while i'm searching for the solution,do you have any ideas or know anything about that?:)

Also,no news with gt5.vol,it's impossible to extract now...

Hey, so if you have access to 3D models, do you think it's easy to update textures for the cars?

I'm asking becouse I woluk like to know if it is problematic, as PD didn't update any textures of GT4 models used in GT5 or GT6.

Please,read carefully :)
I said,that i CAN NOT extract cars from gran turismo 3/4
to do this,you need a special hard algorythm,which i'm wirking on today.

It's actually possible to extract and update textures even in GT3 for PS2,and more i can say,i made resolution of texture 3x times bigger,and there were nothing bad.
PD are just don't have time for "standarts"

If you are interested to see my research and progress,check out pages 25 and 26(posts by me of course)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...opic-might-not-be-56k-friendly.240941/page-25

Whoa,long time,i have forgot about this theard.
Guys,i have fantastic news for everyone,no words,i'll show you some WIP images :cheers:

Well,now the words.
1)Why cars don't have all the textures in their places?
-I'm busy with my game project,if you want,i'll import you one;)👍

2)why cars have strange black places?
-Gran turismo probably has texturing system,which differs from PC's structure,so,alpha layer is lost and i need to draw it myself:indiff:

3)Polygons?
-About 8000 for each car with wheels and stuff

4)does it takes long to import one?
-Yea,about a hour for full mesh,a day for textures and a hour to compile it...but it cost's it:lol:

Questions?:3

And no worries,i can make fully textured imported car,theese pics are just for show....i was ill theese days...like now,i hurt myself pretty much while skateboarding:D

What is it that you're importing this stuff into?
It's no matter,if you think that i just click "import" and it imports,you're wrong,there's no any programm which could do that.
But if you want to kniw,it's cinema 4d,just because i prefer to work there,it's the same to 3ds max.

Again,you can't import GT cars with Cinema 4d.

I won't make a tutorial right now...soon mabye...just it's so hard and rude,so i think,nobody will understand this roitinue...:indiff:
which cars you want to import?:)👍
Try to import the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV, VI, Subaru Impreza Rally Car'03 and Toyota Corolla WRC. Can we edit the liveries? Is because in Peugeot, the name of drivers are censured....

Hmmm,i thought you want exclusive cars...you can find their models in different games with better quality...
I can,but only in GT3,and it will be visible only in garage.
sudennly,i don't MOD the game, i RIP it,ok?)

I want to see how the Formula GT and the FTO/S2000/Altezza/Integra LM cars look in Ripped form. Bit of a pipe dream of mine was to have a Gran Turismo Cars mod for PC games, and now I'm wondering if this is possible..

Now the REAL pipe dream is to be able to rip tracks. :lol:

Whoa,long time,i have forgot about this theard.
Guys,i have fantastic news for everyone,no words,i'll show you some WIP images :cheers:

Well,now the words.
1)Why cars don't have all the textures in their places?
-I'm busy with my game project,if you want,i'll import you one;)👍

2)why cars have strange black places?
-Gran turismo probably has texturing system,which differs from PC's structure,so,alpha layer is lost and i need to draw it myself:indiff:

3)Polygons?
-About 8000 for each car with wheels and stuff

4)does it takes long to import one?
-Yea,about a hour for full mesh,a day for textures and a hour to compile it...but it cost's it:lol:

Questions?:3

And no worries,i can make fully textured imported car,theese pics are just for show....i was ill theese days...like now,i hurt myself pretty much while skateboarding:D

Hello!!
congratulations for the great work you've done!!!

I wanted you two questions .....
1) - it is possible to convert the .3ds models in the Gran Turismo 5 and 5 game?
2) - I would like to receive the converted .3ds model LANCIA DELTA S4??
is something you can do??
thanks for all...

Hello!!
congratulations for the great work you've done!!!

I wanted you two questions .....
1) - it is possible to convert the .3ds models in the Gran Turismo 5 and 5 game?
2) - I would like to receive the converted .3ds model LANCIA DELTA S4??
is something you can do??
thanks for all...

Answering :)
1)It's impossible.Right now,GT5.VOL file is not extracted yet.
There's no any script or a programm to do that right now.
2)I can do this,but i'm veeeeeeryyy busy with making my own game,so i couldn't do that just for nothing,because i spend 7 hours coding and modelling for my own project every day,and spending time on this hard process is not very easy.

Wait for it,guys,i will post a tutorial here today/tommorow;)👍

Awesome work @ferrari gt, now that I'm free i've started 3d modelling and downloaded the free trial of cinema 4d at thee moment I'm currently learning the basics of animating and importing objects/material's. Soon I'll show you some work and I need some help with modelling :).

I have a question for you, @ferrari gt

I came across this mod: http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=detail&cat=128&start=32&orderBy=&id=60945
(hyperlink wouldn't work)
I then noticed that it was converted from GT5. In the description it says it was extracted by someone known as ferrari. I'm assuming, after reading this thread, that you were the person who extracted the car? I'd like to know as I was quite curious about how this could be done and a friend was also quite curious. Even if you weren't the person who extracted this car, do you still know how it can be done?
Thank you! :cheers:

Well,guys,here's the instructions you wanted!:)
But warning:before reading it,you should understand,that my english is not particularly awesome,and the importing process id very,VEEEERY hard and challenging!

TO VIEW PICS IN FULL RES(1920X1200) CLICK ON THEM!:lol:

i've tried to explain EVERY DETAIL;)👍
Understand? Then here we go!

1) Getting started.
Ok,you want to rip a vehicle from Gran Turismo,but you have no idea how to decompress files?
Then you should look like this :D

Forget it:You are able to rip any visible vehicle/part of the racetrack from Gran Turismo PSP.
Before telling me,That GTPSP is not GT3/GT4,you should understand,that cars in GTPSP have the same,or even BETTER quality!👍
Of course,GTPSP does not includes some cool stuff,but i'm too busy with my game project to write decompressing programm.

So,to work with Gran Turismo PSP,first thing you need is Gran Turismo PSP.ISO/.CSO
I've got mine from torrents:lol:

The next thing we will also need,is Cinema 4D (I am using R12,64 bit),Autodesk 3DS Max (I am using 2010,64 bit)
But having 3DS Max is not nessesary,you should get one only if you want to automatize your importing process,or if you don't really know,where the texture should go on a car's body.:)
We will also need Jpcsp (PSP emulator on java) and photoshop (it's nessesary,when it comes to transparent parts/racing cars)

Have all the programms installed and running?
I'ts time for part 2!:lol:

2)Ripping the model

STEP 1)
Ok,let's say you have prepared everything.
Start Jpcsp emulator,and start GT PSP
(You should put a game in the "umdimages" folder,inside emulator's location folder)
You can speed up emulator for 300% if it runs slow on your PC
Also,you may need to configure controls for the emulator.

Once you started the game,after skipping the intro you will get into the game's main menu.
For less trouble i downloaded a save file for a game,which already contains a lot of cars in garage,but if you want to find a specific car,and it's not listed in a car dealer,you'll just need to skip 2 game days(enter any race on any car 2 times,you don't need to race,you can leave the race without partiсipating as soon,as it loaded)

So,let's say you have found a car which you want to rip.
Select theese options(this screenshot was made specially for you on the english language:lol:)

Try to catch the moment,when car is looking straight on you.
It's not very neccecary,but it will help you to spend less time rotating the model.

So,once you ripped the model,in folder "export" (which is inside emulator's folder) you can find all the textures and a model inside one folder!
What could be easier,huh?:lol:
Well,it's not as easy as you may think it is.:indiff:

!!!!VERY IMPORTANT!!!!
!!!ERRORS AND TROUBLES!!!
Sinse GT games were made for playstation devices,model structure and textures are a little bit different from what we see on PC's.
I mean,that PS2/PSP architecture builds alpha layer(transparent part of a texture) by very strange technology i can't catch.
Also,since it's a PS2/PSP game,the UV mapping is strange sometimes.
I think it's caused only be the difference of the architecture.
Here are examples of errors,that need to be fixed with your hands.

And this is,for example,very THIS texture(so you need to remaster it:indiff:)

STEP 2)
Open cinema 4d,drag and drop .OBJ file of your ripped model,you'll see something like this;)

Where's the car you may think?
Well,it's here,but it's very small,forget about it now.

Since GT PSP has some sort of "reflections" on cars,every mesh is drawed twice.
One of them has UV maps for textures of the actual car,and one have not(because it's a reflection layer)

You need to delete every mesh,which doesn't contains UV map.
It's easy,Just scroll trough the list of meshes and using "Shift" button or a "CTRL" one,you can select many of them at once.
EXAMPLE;)

Once you deleted meshes without UV maps,delete ALL materials from material list(down) and meshes
EXAMPLE;)

BEFORE

AFTER

now we can work with the actual car
you can zoom in and rotate the car,to get it in the right position.
It's very easy,if you don't understand,how to do it,watch videos on youtube.
(ALSO,DON'T FORGET TO MOVE AXIS AND SCALE UP THE MODEL)
EXAMPLE

BEFORE

AFTER

Now we can texture car and make it look like a car.
As you can see,the car is very sharp.
That's because PSP cut's it for some reason.When you will texture a car,you will need to combine all the parts,which use the same materials.
(but don't forget,that you have 4 wheels:lol:)
You can watch about material creation and other stuff like this on youtube,it's damn'h easy!👍
Examples of WIP(work in progress)👍

AND finished product(took 20 mins for me to import)👍
LOL SUCH BAD PICTURES,BECAUSE I USED REFLECTION MAP FROM THE GAME:D

don't forget,you'll need to use photoshop,to make new alpha layers for some textures,like windows and sponsors!
EXAMPLE

Well,that's it.:cheers:

Use pictures from the game to coordinate,which part of the car uses which texture;)👍
But if you have problem,and don't know,where you should apply a texture-it's the point to use 3ds max!:lol:
Just import an .OBJ file trough import window,set up a way to the textures and ta-daaa,all textures applied themselves!
BUT YOU WILL STILL NEED TO REMOVE NLACK STUFF WITHOUT UV'S
AND ALSO,THIS IS NOT THE BEST WAY TO IMPORT A MODEL.
why?
it creates the same amount of materials,that meshes model contains(imagene 1500 materials to render)

I wish you luck,if you have problems/questions:ask them there!👍

You Russian comrad,LOL:cheers:
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I have a question for you, @ferrari gt

I came across this mod: http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=detail&cat=128&start=32&orderBy=&id=60945
(hyperlink wouldn't work)
I then noticed that it was converted from GT5. In the description it says it was extracted by someone known as ferrari. I'm assuming, after reading this thread, that you were the person who extracted the car? I'd like to know as I was quite curious about how this could be done and a friend was also quite curious. Even if you weren't the person who extracted this car, do you still know how it can be done?
Thank you! :cheers:

LOL,you found my criminal past:lol:
Actually,this is a car we modelled with my friend OURSELVES.
There's no any way to even extract GT5.VOL file.
Trust me,I tried however i can.
This is a LIE that it was extracted from GT5.

You can notice that even on the screens.
I was pretty lazy last days i modelled it,so i just attached wheels and steering from random f1 car,not like in-game one.
The lights,interiors,everything is not like it is in the game,and texture resolution is only 1024x1024.:)
This will be judgment Day for KAZ and PD if someone will extract GT5/GT6.VOL
(no,gt3.vol extractor does not works,you can not tell me about it:lol:)

LOL,you found my criminal past:lol:
Actually,this is a car we modelled with my friend OURSELVES.
There's no any way to even extract GT5.VOL file.
Trust me,I tried however i can.
This is a LIE that it was extracted from GT5.

You can notice that even on the screens.
I was pretty lazy last days i modelled it,so i just attached wheels and steering from random f1 car,not like in-game one.
The lights,interiors,everything is not like it is in the game,and texture resolution is only 1024x1024.:)
This will be judgment Day for KAZ and PD if someone will extract GT5/GT6.VOL
(no,gt3.vol extractor does not works,you can not tell me about it:lol:)

Alright then, thank you for the reply! I wish we could extract from GT5, but oh well! :lol:

Back