Importing 3D vehicles from GT4\GT3

• Thread starter ferrari gt
  • 154 comments
They also did a great work by using alpha layers technology.
They have worked a lot on transparent part system.

Just as example,I was ripping Lancia,and it has some blue sponsorship logos on the door(see the picture)
and the actual texture of it was nothing more than mono-blue square.
I literally have no idea how it works,because photoshop can detect only 1 colour on the texture of the sponsorship.
And i have a lot of examples like theese.

*You can test your knowlege of Gran Turismo! try to guess the cars!*

But take a look at this,this is what they can do by using the alpha-layer tecnology!
It's awesome,I'd never say that this car has only 4000 polygons!
Just take a look at Nissan GT-R I remastered from the game!👍
*click on pictures to get bigger resolution*

It's astonishing that PD can't even upscale the low res textures even for GT6, this could have been done for GT5 but they were too lazy to.

Yeah, like a few cars.
Ok, yeah, I remember doing a few comparisons for GT6 to see the difference in quality between standards and the first few I tested were pretty good but then I saw the Seat Ibiza Cupra '03. Either way, the standards don't actually look that bad until you look at them up close...

Ok, yeah, I remember doing a few comparisons for GT6 to see the difference in quality between standards and the first few I tested were pretty good but then I saw the Seat Ibiza Cupra '03. Either way, the standards don't actually look that bad until you look at them up close...

It was good to see some standards upscaled with new textures and some with higher poly but cars like the Supra, LMP's etc were left with there original textures. Some standard cars have higher textures than others. I expected to see them upscaled.

why did my postings in this thread just magically disappear?
I don't think I was posting something wrong with what I said.. The opposite was the case..
Any MOD cares to explain what just happened here?

why did my postings in this thread just magically disappear?
I don't think I was posting something wrong with what I said.. The opposite was the case..
Any MOD cares to explain what just happened here?
About 30 posts from a conversation deemed inappropriate for here were deleted back in April.

So I saw this thread and then played some GT4, and had an idea:
I saw you managed to rip textures from GT4, and I wanted to know if you could rip the tyre textures of the Nike One 2022 so we could read the morse on it, since the wikipedia page on GT4 says it's undecipherable.
Wikipedia
The 2022 Nike ONE has Morse code on the right hand side of the car. When reversed, this reads "www.phil-frank.com", the artist commissioned to design this car for GT4. There is also some Morse code visible on the inside of all four tires, but it is not decipherable.

Last edited:
Gotta love it when a 4-month n00b starts calling established members, some of whom have put an awful lot of work into researching the game, liars and lazy.

Gotta love it when a 4-month n00b starts calling established members, some of whom have put an awful lot of work into researching the game, liars and lazy.
I was just suggesting an idea to contribute to the general knowledge of GT4 and its contents. The liars and lazy part was towards whoever wrote in the wikipedia page, not towards GTPlanet members I know of. I do not doubt the dedication and effort some if not most active members put forward towards research into these games. Removed the comments in brackets altogether because I'm just going to cause confusion and run myself into problems if I keep them.

Last edited:
I was just suggesting an idea to contribute to the general knowledge of GT4 and its contents. The liars and lazy part was towards whoever wrote in the wikipedia page, not towards GTPlanet members I know of. I do not doubt the dedication and effort some if not most active members put forward towards research into these games. Edited it to make less confusion.

EDIT: You know what, I'll remove the comments in brackets altogether because I'm just going to cause confusion and run myself into problems if I keep them.

As far as I can see,theese are all the textures of the Nike ONE which have some sort of morse on them.
Enjoy decrypting:lol:

As far as I can see,theese are all the textures of the Nike ONE which have some sort of morse on them.
Enjoy decrypting:lol:
www.Phil-Frank.com (if you ignore punctuation it becomes "wwwephiltfrankecom", but you can see that the punctuation dots and dash are slightly larger than every other dit and dot)
PFD
WFDPFDE (implied PFDPFD)
PFD

Tyre morse was mirrored then read backwards because it has a nonexistent "character" that becomes a "D" when mirrored. Joining "W" and "E" makes a "P", implied by how "PFD" seems to be a recurring pattern in the last 3 (probably Phil Frank Design, judging by the website the first morse leads to). Yes, I enjoyed doing this.

EDIT: "The Nike One 2022 was designed (...) for Gran Turismo 3 (...)" What?

EDIT: Updated Wikipedia with hopefully proper sources.

Last edited:
Phil Frank Design did design the NIKE 2022 so it is reasonable that the morse code on the tyres is the name of the designer.

You guys do realize this is old news, right?
Yes (now), however I am not a very dedicated forum digger and the Wikipedia page was left unedited, whereby I used the opportunity @ferrari gt had provided us with to get enough information to update the page with up-to-date information.

EDIT: Did a google search, found that thread you linked, but absolutely nowhere else do I see a reference to the "PFD" written on the tyres and the body itself too, near the rear tyres.

Last edited:
Yes (now), however I am not a very dedicated forum digger and the Wikipedia page was left unedited, whereby I used the opportunity @ferrari gt had provided us with to get enough information to update the page with up-to-date information.

EDIT: Did a google search, found that thread you linked, but absolutely nowhere else do I see a reference to the "PFD" written on the tyres and the body itself too, near the rear tyres.

Moreover,why are you posting it here and not in Xenn's GT4 research topic?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/xenns-gt4-research-topic.251394/page-6#post-10957696
This thread is all about 3D meshes and textures,not about secrets and hidden stuff

I thought of that earlier, but for some reason I disregarded it. Done.
Actually I'm not sure it belongs in Xenn's GT4 research topic either. Perhaps its own thread, or appended to the original Nike thread I referenced earlier (nothing wrong with a gravedig to add new information here at GTP, unlike most other sites).

Kudos on the Wikipedia edits, BTW 👍 Let's just hope that one of Wikipedia's (many) pedants doesn't revert your changes, saying "GTP is not a Reliable Source" or some such.

Morse code! Ha! That's just awesome we are decoding it on a car. It's even cooler when we're exporting console game content.

LOL,you found my criminal past:lol:
Actually,this is a car we modelled with my friend OURSELVES.
There's no any way to even extract GT5.VOL file.
Trust me,I tried however i can.
This is a LIE that it was extracted from GT5.

You can notice that even on the screens.
I was pretty lazy last days i modelled it,so i just attached wheels and steering from random f1 car,not like in-game one.
The lights,interiors,everything is not like it is in the game,and texture resolution is only 1024x1024.:)
This will be judgment Day for KAZ and PD if someone will extract GT5/GT6.VOL
(no,gt3.vol extractor does not works,you can not tell me about it:lol:)
Can u import me the Nissan skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nür if you have any time?

Can u import me the Nissan skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nür if you have any time?

This thread have been inactive for nearly a Year and Half, doubt you'll get a response. The thread founder FerrariGT has also been inactive for a while too, so again there will may be no response.

Back