Imports

• Thread starter Puffy
  • 31,160 comments
I wanna see a 13B in a R32.

Ask, and you shall receive!

4ROTARY_5616.jpg

;)

SVX
Hmm, but don't you run into oil supply issues on the track due to the transverse engine being mounted longitudinal? At least that's what my F20C AE86 bud was telling me.

If you use the stock oilpan you will run into issues, yes. People either modify the stock one with baffles or use an aftermarket pan and the problem is pretty much solved. I've even seen people use a dry-sump kit, but that's a totally different ballgame on the budget side.

Rotary FTW :bowdown:

----
This is a more of a question but...
Yesterday I spotted this Subaru Legacy with Twin Exhausts, Bonnet Scoop and bilstein logo at the back. Any idea?

View attachment 666860
View attachment 666862 View attachment 666861

Or was it just a stock one with bodykit on it?

Fourth generation GT spec.B Legacy with an aftermarket body kit, and some third generation GT-B wheels with uh... red centre caps, of all things. The spec.B was the replacement for the GT-B trim for the Legacy, which was the range topper of the model. Basically, the 'b' in 'spec.B' stands for the Bilstein suspension they were fitted with, hence the badge. ;)

Bonnet scoop is a factory thing on the Legacy (and other turbocharged Subarus) for the top mounted intercooler. The twin pipes aren't factory in themselves, but they did come with dual exit exhausts in a smaller diameter.

autowp.ru_subaru_legacy_2.0_gt_spec.b_touring_wagon_1.jpg

--

While we're on Subarus...

a6c3ebc8-f59b-43df-913c-47173fba26a6.jpg

picture.php

SVX
Fourth generation GT spec.B Legacy with an aftermarket body kit, and some third generation GT-B wheels with uh... red centre caps, of all things. The spec.B was the replacement for the GT-B trim for the Legacy, which was the range topper of the model. Basically, the 'b' in 'spec.B' stands for the Bilstein suspension they were fitted with, hence the badge. ;)

Bonnet scoop is a factory thing on the Legacy (and other turbocharged Subarus) for the top mounted intercooler. The twin pipes aren't factory in themselves, but they did come with dual exit exhausts in a smaller diameter.

autowp.ru_subaru_legacy_2.0_gt_spec.b_touring_wagon_1.jpg

--

While we're on Subarus...

a6c3ebc8-f59b-43df-913c-47173fba26a6.jpg

picture.php
Oh thanks :)
Midori? Midori!

36534435356_e3dc6b33df_b.jpg

36184192690_27ff151f77_o.jpg

35771401513_5ea62bf805_o.jpg
But what about Martini? I like Martini...:guilty:

goodwood-festivalofspeed-jordanbutters-speedhunters-2003-1200x801.jpg

idler_games_17_dino_dalle_carbonare_01.jpg

DUH! I was trying to figure out what you guys meant by R3X when referring to skylines on the last page, then I realised the X was supposed to denote a number. Guess I would have gotten it straight away if the X was a lower case x. :lol:

That first image has a GT-FOUR bonnet from the AWD version, not quite factory but the sticker on the rear wing is an SS-III.

I did notice the GT-Four hood, but it was the first result that came up for a Celica SS-III and it looks good so I saved it. I figure it fits well enough, even if its not required.

Midori? Midori!

That's funny you should bring up this specific color. A guy on the RSX forum I'm on recently popped back in after a while of being gone, and it got me on a bit of a Midori kick the other day..

2hnpco8.jpg

Anyway, Joey at The Chronicles got his hands on a ton of photos covering shows before and during the first Fast & Furious movie era, and is slowly releasing them in an Archives series.

Here's a CRX with Integra taillight conversion!

36205958810_09129bcd3d_o.jpg

If you're interested in a blast from the past, where Supra taillight conversions, wild body kits, and I.C.E. reigned supreme, enjoy:
https://stickydiljoe.com/2017/08/16/the-archives-import-showoff-exc-1999-coverage-part-1/

That's funny you should bring up this specific color. A guy on the RSX forum I'm on recently popped back in after a while of being gone, and it got me on a bit of a Midori kick the other day..

2hnpco8.jpg

Anyway, Joey at The Chronicles got his hands on a ton of photos covering shows before and during the first Fast & Furious movie era, and is slowly releasing them in an Archives series.

Here's a CRX with Integra taillight conversion!

36205958810_09129bcd3d_o.jpg

If you're interested in a blast from the past, where Supra taillight conversions, wild body kits, and I.C.E. reigned supreme, enjoy:
https://stickydiljoe.com/2017/08/16/the-archives-import-showoff-exc-1999-coverage-part-1/
That's some F&F style over there. I wonder where did all of those cars ended up tho?

I despise drifting for the simple fact of it moving so many people to destroy S-chassis. :indiff:

It's a tad too low. Raise it a little bit and it's a pretty decent looking Soarer.

As something to just cruise in, I think the stance looks excellent. Otherwise, I agree. Half the time I look at a car, I don't consider the ride height/camber as part of my overall opinion on it simply because it's too often that I don't like the stance. If it were mine, I'd raise it up, too. Otherwise, it was build in pretty good taste, I think.

That Panamera bumper grafted onto the front end, though... in a way, it almost looks like it belongs. At least from the angle given, the headlight's shape mirrors the bumper light's almost perfectly.

Looked like there were some cracking S-bodies indeed, but that Red two-tone Silvia/S13 is stunning, nigh-on perfect in my books :drool:.

It's been my favourite gen of S-body in practically forever has the S13, and the two-tone look suited it so well personally, would be a dream car to own, would an immaculate two-tone S13 like that...

Last edited:
Back