Imports

• Thread starter Puffy
  • 31,160 comments
DSC08730-1200x800.jpg

i wonder if i should get the PS3 version? I actually enjoyed that game.

That might not be a bad idea, if the handling was better on the newer console. I had the PS2 version, too, and my only gripe was that with the faster cars the handling got worse (in my opinion), so later in the game I mainly stuck to the extremely addicting drag race mode. I'll have to look into the PS3 game as well...

That might not be a bad idea, if the handling was better on the newer console. I had the PS2 version, too, and my only gripe was that with the faster cars the handling got worse (in my opinion), so later in the game I mainly stuck to the extremely addicting drag race mode. I'll have to look into the PS3 game as well...

I've been thinking of doing the same, had great fun completing it on PS2, though as you say, the handling model was a little iffy at times, namely in drifting it was a little funny, but generally it was pretty good to be fair. Loved how bonkers the mods could get, namely when there was a mad 600hp+ EK Civic some of the AI used :lol:. And yes, I remember the Drag racing being huge fun, very well though out, especially when I got my mad 250mph, wheeling Supra :D.

Anyway, enough of my off-topic ramblings...

I've been thinking of doing the same, had great fun completing it on PS2, though as you say, the handling model was a little iffy at times, namely in drifting it was a little funny, but generally it was pretty good to be fair. Loved how bonkers the mods could get, namely when there was a mad 600hp+ EK Civic some of the AI used :lol:. And yes, I remember the Drag racing being huge fun, very well though out, especially when I got my mad 250mph, wheeling Supra :D.

Anyway, enough of my off-topic ramblings...
Saw this being sold for rather cheap price. :D
20170726_181328.jpg

At the risk of continuing the off-topic trend, I'd say ProStreet for PS3 would be a solid buy. I played it first on PS2, then on PS3 once I got one, and the latter is definitely better. I don't remember any major differences in gameplay, but I seem to remember it being a bit more refined on PS3. That being said, its been quite a while since I played either.

Hey, look! FCs!

mazdaspeed5.jpg
IMG_0507.jpg
mazdaspeed4.jpg
MazdspeedA-specBrochurePage1.jpg

And some more crazy stuff.

7s-Day-2016-56-1200x800.jpg
IMGP3844copy.jpg
7s-Day-2016-57-1200x800.jpg

The unloved NA Toyota Supra, this is the 1993 to be exact.
GCC SPec supra 2.jpg

GCC SPec supra 3.jpg
GCC SPec supra 4.jpg
GCC SPec supra 5.jpg
GCC SPec supra 6.jpg
GCC SPec supra 7.jpg

GCC SPec supra 8.jpg

Is this the European Spec Supra?
dsc_0939.jpg

snv13059.jpg

2014-08-15-12-31-09.jpg

dsc_0935.jpg

Or this one?
mk4supra2.jpg

mk4supra3.jpg

I always wanted to know the actual difference between the EU Supra compared to the US and JDM as well versions. Well apart from the taillights looking a bit weird or unusual.
26236825821_0db11cd427_h.jpg

Euro spec seem to have the bonnet scoops.

That silver NA is nice. W58 gearbox which is manual.
Just notices that, anything else about the Euro Spec tho?

The Silver one was originally made for our niche GCC market but somehow ended up elsewhere. Now you said that, I want to play Gran Turismo 2 and browse the used car dealership. :P

-----
Toyota Supra...JGTC Pace car?
BWvsRMEAxye.jpg

Speaking of Pace Cars, I think I know what I'm going to do with my R34 if I owned one:

BWE24BIA3YZ.jpg

;)

That NA Supra sounds great, but for people chasing big performance I always advise not to bother with the NA Japanese sports cars. That Supra, for example, has had a lot of work put in, and in the end "only" made 250rwhp. Sure it'll be fun to drive, it's not a tiny amount of power, it just won't be all that fast.

There's not a lot of tidy GTOs out there, was just reading up on this one, the MY99 is easily the best looking IMO, I'd love to own one if I was endowed with a lot more cash.

modp-1112-01%2b1999-mitsubishi-3000gt-vr4%2bcover.jpg

Last edited:
My RSX will be full white one day...

That NA Supra sounds great, but for people chasing big performance I always advise not to bother with the NA Japanese sports cars. That Supra, for example, has had a lot of work put in, and in the end "only" made 250rwhp. Sure it'll be fun to drive, it's not a tiny amount of power, it just won't be all that fast.

Yeah, that figure made me wonder if he was actually trying to make power, or if the NA 2Js are just that useless. It doesn't take much to pull that same power out of a Honda 4cyl (a good K-series with just bolt-ons and tune typically hits 220whp; some have claimed as much as 240, but different dynos and all that), and some big-budget builds (even single cam engines) have made 4-500 all-motor. But then Honda always optimized for NA while everyone else went with turbo on their performance trims and seemed to half-ass their NA counterparts. Conclusion: swap the 2J for a K24 and you'll make more power :sly:.

My RSX will be full white one day...

Yeah, that figure made me wonder if he was actually trying to make power, or if the NA 2Js are just that useless. It doesn't take much to pull that same power out of a Honda 4cyl (a good K-series with just bolt-ons and tune typically hits 220whp; some have claimed as much as 240, but different dynos and all that), and some big-budget builds (even single cam engines) have made 4-500 all-motor. But then Honda always optimized for NA while everyone else went with turbo on their performance trims and seemed to half-ass their NA counterparts. Conclusion: swap the 2J for a K24 and you'll make more power :sly:.

I know on Sung Kang's 240Z they converted an RB26 to non-turbo and it made even less power than that 2JZ. Maybe the rotating mass is too great for non-turbo power production, given how strong they made them for taking boost in the turbo versions.

When you guys see a Skyline , do you think "ooh look a R.. GTR " or "ooh look an R.. Skyline " or whichever way when you see one ?

I know it's a weird question sorry.

Last edited:
When you guys see a Skyline , do you think "ooh look a R.. GTR " or "ooh look and R.. Skyline " or whichever way when you see one ?

Depends on if its a GTR or non-GTR Skyline. Most of the time, at least for me, it'll be "Ooh, look, an R3X". Saves time, and you don't have to worry about if its actually a GTR or a GTS(-t), GT-T, etc. Its more accurate for a first glance comment.

Have you ever heard of an adapter plate?
11650912844_b8696a7a10_c.jpg

july2012rotm1_zpseebf512f-jpg.518657

IMG_4293.jpg

htup_1010_05_o+2003_honda_s2000+skunk2_racing.jpg

The K-Series is a better engine than the F-Series for the simple reason it's not as high strung.

Hmm, but don't you run into oil supply issues on the track due to the transverse engine being mounted longitudinal? At least that's what my F20C AE86 bud was telling me.

I would actually love to see a K24 swapped NA Supra, just to see heads explode, it'd be hilarious and brilliant as a project :lol:.

Which will leave you with a FWD Supra.

Conclusion: Swap an F20C instead. ;)

I don't need any Honda engines in a Supra, I wanna see a 13B in a R32 GTR or Supra instead.

Just to piss every skyline/Supra owner & fanboy ever.

When you guys see a Skyline , do you think "ooh look a R.. GTR " or "ooh look an R.. Skyline " or whichever way when you see one ?

I usually refer to them as Skyline and sometimes as R3X (or C110/C210...etc, depending on the car itself). The reason is because not all of them are GTR (GTS or GTS-T for example).

skylineculture_BXny9s7DEHU.jpg
r31.reptar_-j0CKpNaH-.jpg
skyline_c210_BL7tLjyAXDu.jpg

These are all Skyline in my eyes really.

Back