Improved lighting mod

• Thread starter CoolColJ
  • 8 comments
Why does this sound do much better than the PS3 version? I'm running it in 3d virtual sound through an Onkyo amp and it sounds nothing like that!

Why does this sound do much better than the PS3 version? I'm running it in 3d virtual sound through an Onkyo amp and it sounds nothing like that!

I read that Codemasters allocated only 2MB for all the Console sounds, but the PC has something like 15 MB

May or maynot help, but it does appear that you are using one of the receivers DSP modes to simulate a specific sound effect. In my experience doing so with games programmed in Dolby Digital 5.1 (or even DTS) actually degrades the sound quality you hear. I would recommend setting your receiver to whatever mode that doesn't post process the digital signal it receives (should be something like native, Dolby Digital, etc). That way it simply amplifies and processes the signal source as it was recorded by the developer. You'll know you have the correct "sound setting" if the receiver displays "Dolby Digital 5.1" or similar.

I've been busy trying to adjust my projector settings so that the game looks right. I turned down red and green bias but it makes other games look too blue. Thank goodness for this, I can't wait for all tracks to be changed.

Latest Posts

Back