Inside Sim Racing video. GT5P vs Forza 2 Now with new 2nd video!!!!

• Thread starter Kryz11
  • 301 comments

Rate the "VS"

• No Rating: There should be no comparison one is full game one is not.. etc please explain in full.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • 1 Stars

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • 2 Stars

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • 3 Stars

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • 4Stars

• 5 Stars

• Total voters
Reventón;3383690
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that your post was directed at me.

The only discussion that had been taking place was the realism of the tracks, which had been going on since Page 12. You had this post right before it started.

Your next post came directly into the discussion.

It was directed at Nox, Otago, & I. You're being called out on it, and now acting as if it was directed towards the whole thread. If this is so, why didn't you make the post earlier?

Because it isn't directed towards the thread, just our current discussion.

Why? Well funnily enough I had forgotten I had posted in this thread before, simple as that, :lol: . Though I do apologise because I can see where you are coming from now.
Still, my comments weren't directed at you. Like I said, I neither named you, referred to your argument or quoted it. You still assumed and continue to assume, but granted, I made it seem like I was thanks to my own short term memory.

I agree.. That guy came in the forum and blasted everyone with a word FANBOY.. And yeah, it was twords me , you and otago. That Fanboy comment was really childish and stupid. Even tho we are fans of each game, and one another tries to prove the other wrong, its not like we HATE each other its just how it is, a never ending war.. We believe this, other person believes that.. It's just stupid and childish to come over and drop a bombshell like FANBOY into it..

I am just tired of haring it..

Funny, I see arguing over opinions childish and stupid but fair play.

I am just tired of seeing the same old arguments especially when they are not getting anywhere because, well, people will defend their favourite game regardless of what people say, I don't see it as especially engaging discussion.

Last edited:
We defend because we have tons of proof.
Besides there would be no fun with forums like these. It's also good to have competition. That way we complain, PD listens and delivers.

And again, it's not stupid over arguing over FACTS and not opinions. My arguments were showed in videos.. FACTS not my opinion.. Even so even opinions are good too ;)
Hmm Politics argue all the time? Maybe go there and call it stupid and childish and fan boy like.

Heh, well if you wanted, we could be really pedantic and say that really there are no facts in reality but philosophy is for another time and place :)

And I wasn't referring to just you and the Gran Turismo side with the line "people defend their favourites regardless of what people say", quite evidently a few people here were also defending Forza regardless but whatever. You were trying to argue with someone who clearly wasn't going to change their mind, it gets boring and repetitive to read.

You know there are hundreds of great threads on these forums haha! But at the same time I would agree it gets boring..

I'll come back to this post ONE week from now :D just to see where it landed.

I agree that Forza 2 is a much better game than Prologue but credit should go where it's due and to give Forza 2 the nod in the car modeling department is just not right. Here's a n example of Forza 2 "better" car modeling:

2391931934_33e9e43128_o.jpg

I can't even tell what car it is but to top it all off, there's the dreaded floating effect so pervasive back in the 90s' (but the car might actually be in the air- btw, this is at Nordschliefe).

Here's Prologue:

2391101013_119151e068_o.jpg

Here's Forza 2:

2391932416_529aae2cf5_o.jpg

I believe the bald guy in the show gave Prologue a mere 7 point lead over Forza 2 (for graphics). While the guy with the baseball cap was better at 10 point.

Last edited:
Forza is not and will never be on the same level as GT5 when it comes out. GT5P(PROLOUGE) is a demo to what is to come. DEMO: DEMONSTRATION, EXAMPLE, PROTOTYPE.

Why do you all need reminding of this everytime. No matter what Baldy and Baseball Cap guy want to say, they are not True GT Players to know what is better or reasonbly Comparable. The same for True Forza Players with one execption. All GT Players have played Forza 1&2 as i have with SOME fun. But it has never to me been up to the level of GT.

Hmmmmm ! I hope this is the end of Threads like this its getting boring.

GT FOREVER !!

I agree that Forza 2 is a much better game than Prologue but credit should go where it's due and to give Forza 2 the nod in the car modeling department is just not right. Here's a n example of Forza 2 "better" car modeling:

I can't even tell what car it is but to top it all off, there's the dreaded floating effect so pervasive back in the 90s' (but the car might actually be in the air- btw, this is at Nordschliefe).

tsk tsk, its a Lotus Elan.

I'd say Burnout Paradise beats both.
Think about it. Burnout has:
- A whole city with nearly endless posibilities for tracks.
- Over 70 UNIQUE cars
- An extensive damage model
- Day and night driving
- More elevation in tracks than any other racing game

Looks like we have a winner!

edit: I forgot to mention the cars look EXACTLY like the originals, as do the tracks.

I'd say Burnout Paradise beats both.
Think about it. Burnout has:
- A whole city with nearly endless posibilities for tracks.
- Over 70 UNIQUE cars
- An extensive damage model
- Day and night driving
- More elevation in tracks than any other racing game

Looks like we have a winner!

edit: I forgot to mention the cars look EXACTLY like the originals, as do the tracks.

?? :confused:

Sorry, I got tired of the 'which game is better' discussion, so I added some random comment... I'll try to keep myself from doing that in the future...

No I didnt mean it like that :) I wasnt sure for a second if you were joking or not, but now I know 👍

Gran Turismo vs Forza?

I bought x360 mainly for Forza 2. I was always playing Gran Turismo, but I heard that Forza is better. When I played it first time I was very disappointed. The handling is great, better than in GT4, but the graphics is awful. So plastic! That game don't have something in it. It's nothing special. Gran Turismo is unique. Great graphics, replays, menu, climate. And GT5:P is way better for me. Great graphics as always, + cocpit view, better handling (compare to GT4). In Gran Turismo I feel the passion. I don't feel it in Forza. Forza is a solid game, nothing more.

I think that the graphics in Forza 3 will be still plastic. Forza 2 is using the same graphics engine as Forza 1 so in Forza 3 will be the same. I don't believe they build new engine. :(

The SRT guys are absolutely oblivious, do not have a proper guideline for their reviews and still misinform people about what a Prologue is in relation to a full title or a Demo. Yet they are the "professionals"?....yeah, sure they are. There is so much more VALID, DOCUMENTED & PROPER proof/information here on GTPlanet than they can EVER wish to achieve!

Edit: You wouldn't believe the amount of BS these guys still believe to pass on as valid information...after a few more messages back and forth via YouTube I can without a doubt confirm this.

Last edited:
Here is a good fair review of GT4 I came across, I thought this might be a good place to post it. What are peoples thoughts?

i like that guy from CGRHD and his reviews too. this is a good one but really interesting is review for GT3 where he is saying that this was the last "simple" Gran Turismo. I like when he is saying that his favourite tracks in GT are Grand Valley, Deep Forest and Trial Mountain in almost every racing game review

They call themselves "Sim" race enthusiasts ??

1-I can't take someone who tells me they like racing sims seriously, when they can't even drive properly on a track, and anyone who uses the "Behind the car" view for racing, in ANY racing game, has no say in the rating of a "RACING" game.

2-They actually gave GT5 and Forza an average of 80 something for physics, while saying that PC sims are better.... again these are the same guys that couldn't even drive properly, how can they be taken seriously on the issue of physics in a sim racing game.

3- IT'S A DEMO !!! (don't understand how people still don't get that simple fact)

I rest my case your honor

They know hot to race, they did race GTP members in GT5P online matches, they proved themself good racers. They participate many Professional racing seasons. All they did is show third cam and some action for REVIEW purposes. Trust me.

I think GT5P should have better Physics, yeah many people compare iRacing to GT5P in way that feels very smilar.

I think SRT did not spend enough of time on GT5P, as well we all know physics in Forza are good but not as good in GT5P, they just gave Forza2 higher score because it just looks like in on screen because of the LIVE STATS.. its damn B___ SH__

Here is a good fair review of GT4 I came across, I thought this might be a good place to post it. What are peoples thoughts?

Now thats a great review and opinion!

They call themselves "Sim" race enthusiasts ??

1-I can't take someone who tells me they like racing sims seriously, when they can't even drive properly on a track, and anyone who uses the "Behind the car" view for racing, in ANY racing game, has no say in the rating of a "RACING" game.

Actually, its been said that its a lot easier to drive cleanly online if you use the chase camera view, as you can more easily see where your competitiors are though you are losing a little bit of perspective using this view, some people prefer it - they are just as serious as you or me, and they have the right to speak their opinion too.
I don't personally like using the chase camera other than when I'm driving for fun offline but I can see the advantages of using it.

They know hot to race, they did race GTP members in GT5P online matches, they proved themself good racers. They participate many Professional racing seasons. All they did is show third cam and some action for REVIEW purposes. Trust me.

I think GT5P should have better Physics, yeah many people compare iRacing to GT5P in way that feels very smilar.

I think SRT did not spend enough of time on GT5P, as well we all know physics in Forza are good but not as good in GT5P, they just gave Forza2 higher score because it just looks like in on screen because of the LIVE STATS.. its damn B___ SH__

Actually Nox the truth is even if they are competent in game that sure doesn't translate to their experience (or lack thereof) with consoles. Especially when they just can't grasp the term Prologue...STILL (believe me I have the proof via YouTube private messages as recently as yesterday)

Not too mention their improper ratings/scoring of holding a Prologue to the standard of a full title along with the improper overtones of their views of "almighty PC sims" :rolleyes:...they are SERIOUSLY misinformed about the GT line of products, never heard of GT4P or the Concepts let alone never mind all the ACTUAL demos ranging from GT2000 thru BMW/Toyota and Nissan's all the way to the 2 REAL Demos of GTHD and the JP Prologue demo.

They are absolutely clueless, and it shows.

Actually, its been said that its a lot easier to drive cleanly online if you use the chase camera view, as you can more easily see where your competitiors are though you are losing a little bit of perspective using this view, some people prefer it - they are just as serious as you or me, and they have the right to speak their opinion too.
I don't personally like using the chase camera other than when I'm driving for fun offline but I can see the advantages of using it.

I'm sorry, but I must disagree.... in the real world, you don,t have that option of "God view" while driving you car. that,s why you have stuff like rear and side view mirrors... for the blind spots, well too bad it's a death trap fro new players and veterans alike, but truth be told, it is the same in the real world...

I understand that they wanted to show of the graphics, but there is already something implemented in the game called replay that does both of the game much better justice than that "rear bumping fiasco" that i saw in that review.

I'm sorry, but I must disagree.... in the real world, you don,t have that option of "God view" while driving you car. that,s why you have stuff like rear and side view mirrors... for the blind spots, well too bad it's a death trap fro new players and veterans alike, but truth be told, it is the same in the real world...
This is a video game. It will not always portray everything the real world does. If it did, it'd probably become quite dull considering video games are made to escape reality.

GT5P is a BETA, NOT a Demo. :indiff: To compare it to a full game is apples and oranges. Albeit, GT5P does whallop the heck out of Forza when it comes to Graphics and physics.;) JMO.

I understand that they wanted to show of the graphics, but there is already something implemented in the game called replay that does both of the game much better justice than that "rear bumping fiasco" that i saw in that review.

Like Reventon said, its a video game, why you think people are not serious sim enthusiasts just because they prefer playing the game a different way I do not know - you can play the game the way you want but don't go around saying other people aren't "proper" sim racers just because you don't like that view or whatever.
I'd hate to think people would come in here and read this post and think its shameful to use the chase camera - because it is not, its a perfectly acceptable way of playing and if you were an experienced gamer you would be used to it, seeing as a lot of racing games use this view (or at least give the option).

And anyway, what does this have to do with the review? If they reviewed both games using the chase camera, then it was a fair review, was it not? The game doesn't transform into a completely different game if you use a different camera view, so their opinions about the physics are no less valid than if they had used the bumper camera or cockpit.

Like Reventon said, its a video game, why you think people are not serious sim enthusiasts just because they prefer playing the game a different way I do not know - you can play the game the way you want but don't go around saying other people aren't "proper" sim racers just because you don't like that view or whatever.
I'd hate to think people would come in here and read this post and think its shameful to use the chase camera - because it is not, its a perfectly acceptable way of playing and if you were an experienced gamer you would be used to it, seeing as a lot of racing games use this view (or at least give the option).

And anyway, what does this have to do with the review? If they reviewed both games using the chase camera, then it was a fair review, was it not? The game doesn't transform into a completely different game if you use a different camera view, so their opinions about the physics are no less valid than if they had used the bumper camera or cockpit.

That may be so but their lack of proper experience with the GT line of products does WAAAY more damage to their credibility (IF they ever had any for the console crowd to begin with but I digress) especially when they can't even get past the term Prologue properly...amongst the other things to say the least.

That may be so but their lack of proper experience with the GT line of products does WAAAY more damage to their credibility (IF they ever had any for the console crowd to begin with but I digress) especially when they can't even get past the term Prologue properly...amongst the other things to say the least.

I defend only those that use the chase camera view.....these people on that video review I won't defend - at least not for their comparisons of games that can't really be fairly compared. But still, I think they were as fair as they could be without knowing everything about Gran Turismo, which they never claimed to.

I defend only those that use the chase camera view.....these people on that video review I won't defend - at least not for their comparisons of games that can't really be fairly compared. But still, I think they were as fair as they could be without knowing everything about Gran Turismo, which they never claimed to.

I think it is fair to defend the view option for those who want to experience the game in that manner (although not for me ~ bumper or in car all the way ;)) but if SRT can't grasp the term of Prologue (let alone had any experience with at least GT4P) then they shouldn't be doing a VS as they are mistaken right from the get go and are misinforming people with an improper "review".

Last edited:
It really is getting tiresome to keep hearing people defend GT5P because "it's not a full game". Yes, it's not a full game, but it's certainly not a demo either - unlike a demo, it is being sold for $40.

It's perfectly reasonable to compare the current flagship racing title for the 360 with the current flagship racing title for the PS3. At the time that GT5 comes out, it will be possible to compare the full GT5 to Forza, which, by that time may well be Forza 3.

One of the major strong points of GT has been its compatibility with Logitech racing wheels. Now that Fanatec has a good 360 compatible wheel, Gran Turismo has lost that edge. The pressure is on for PD to really come up with the goods with GT5.

It really is getting tiresome to keep hearing people defend GT5P because "it's not a full game". Yes, it's not a full game, but it's certainly not a demo either - unlike a demo, it is being sold for $40.

It's perfectly reasonable to compare the current flagship racing title for the 360 with the current flagship racing title for the PS3. At the time that GT5 comes out, it will be possible to compare the full GT5 to Forza, which, by that time may well be Forza 3.

One of the major strong points of GT has been its compatibility with Logitech racing wheels. Now that Fanatec has a good 360 compatible wheel, Gran Turismo has lost that edge. The pressure is on for PD to really come up with the goods with GT5.

It's tiresome but even when I compare Prologue to GT4, I get so much more gameplay and enjoyment from the latter which sort of explain why GT5P isn't much of a game and was never intended to be (hence the term Prolouge but that's been beaten to death).
The wheel is just one of things. There's very few games that can truly match the GT franchise when it comes to "artistry and elegence" and even fewer has "a tangible soul that’s traceable to one person, his ideas, whims and unrelenting obstinance." Forza 2 is very much a game produce by a comittee- a well made game that touches all the right buttons but in the end, it feels like any game out there (albeit well recieved and reviewed). I doubt Forza 3 will be any different.

I was just playing Forza2 with the MS Wheel in bumper cam view on Suzuka with the Stock Mazda Spirit RX-7 with TSC STM and ABS Off and thought hey this is pretty good, graphics are okay and throttle control is pretty essential to driving fast. The cars even felt heavier like if it was harder to control then GT5p. Could Forza2 be more sim then GT5P?

I then switched back to GT5p with the G25 6speed&clutch Wheel on Suzuka in cockpit view with the Stock Mazda Spirit RX-7 with all aids off, ABS set to 0 and brake bias set to 7:4

AND HOLY COW GT5p graphics blow away Forza2 but what is more surprising is that GT5p is actually harder then Forza2, I found myself carefully controlling the throttle just as much as Forza2 with one exception, it just felt more natural to the point I didn't even know I was controlling the throttle. It was like GT5p was giving so much more feedback then Forza2 that I was reacting sub consciously.

While paying attention to my driving on the "S" corners on Suzuka I notice it was actually harder in GT5p, In Forza2 you could pretty much lift off throttle to shift the weight back and forth through the curves without much understeer.
In GT5p to get through the "S" corners in Suzuka, it was much harder requiring a ballet of throttling that was much more intricate then what was needed in Forza2 to control understeer and all at the same time feeling more natural.

GT5P is simply the better DRIVING SIMULATOR

Back