Inside Sim Racing video. GT5P vs Forza 2 Now with new 2nd video!!!!

• Thread starter Kryz11
  • 301 comments

Rate the "VS"

• No Rating: There should be no comparison one is full game one is not.. etc please explain in full.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • 1 Stars

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • 2 Stars

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • 3 Stars

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • 4Stars

• 5 Stars

• Total voters
It's weird that people still struggle over what Prologue is. Calling it a "full" game is incorrect. As I've said, we've only had mini-games for well over a decade now. It's like the Half Life episodes, good for anywhere from 6-20 hours of play, depending on skill level and your want to explore and experiment. Is anyone confusing them with the sequel to Half Life 2, calling them Half Life 3, 4, 5? Or calling Portal HL3? Of course not.

The previous Prologues were actually micro-games, giving you a few cars and very little to do. GT5 Prologue is finally a GT mini-game, and a fantastic one at that, giving us something very nice to play with to tide us over until GT5 proper comes along.

I know in my write up I touched on a few of the highlights, and there was a ton I left out. I think I forgot damage in Prologue and why that made cars go flying, with inflexible billiard ball car bodies. Or being able to spin out in Forza having more to do with physics tweaked to allow easy drifting over any principles of realism. In my humble opinion of course. ;)

It would be interesting to compare others' impressions of the other games after spending time with their fave PC sim. Toca for me would be great, if not for the atrocious steering model, and my fear that GRID is just Codies' attempt to capture some of the NFS/PGR market. When I was playing Forza 2, I recall thinking how super grippy the tires were, and how exciting it was to fly around corners, and how much I hated the "truck" tire sounds. Yuck. Give me Gran Turismo tire squeal any time. I would prefer that GT5 be more simmy in the Professional physics games, like VIPER expressed with how iRacing gives you grief for going off a bumper strip, but I won't cry if it's forgiving with things like that.

Anyone else have any other impressions?

What name would a game be called is entirely up to the company that makes them, they can call it anything they want, be it Prologue, or Untold Story, or whatever...

it does not change the fact that it is a new installment in the series.

games with continuing storyline use numbers to keep the progress on track, for some of them are just plain confusing. for example there is no clear reason why Metal Gear Solid Portabel Ops isnt called MGS4 and MGS4 isnt called MGS5...

GT series had no storyline to speak of, therefore the numbering scheme really has very little significance. apart from acknowledging the number of installments. GT5P is simply another installment, it is cheaper but not that cheap, it is not half price, it about 65% of price of other full games, and like I said before, one can expect to get 65% of the features from other full games.

and depending on your view, GT5 may not be delivering that 65%.

The problem i see here is that they dont mention Prologue, nor do they inform the viewers about the history of Prologues from GT. I dont say you cant compare the 2 games (you can compare everything with everything), but you should at least mention what it is.
But as a GT fan i must also say that the score is pretty good, its not so far behind Forza with not even half of the content (they had to give GT5P a 0 for damage, there just isnt any). But what the bad f word has tuning to do with carmodels? A carmodel is the pure discription of the 3D car, not tuning, not selection of cars, just the look of the cars itself and GT is far ahead F2 in this department. I also found them a bit lazy in describing their points "i like F2s sound more because of the better music", yeah great, they didnt even let the viewer hear some of the music.

A little thing i found funny in the track review was "New York - Yeah that was a cool one". If its the same as in F1, its a straight copy from GT4. :lol:

I do not really despise sony for selling GT5P, because like I said, GT5P really is GT5, GT5-full is really GT6, they are released 18 month apart and both cost money, compete with different competition.

Actually, there was a GT4 Prologue as well. Therefore;
GT4p was actually GT4
GT4 was actually GT5
GT5p was actually GT6
and soon GT5 will be GT7

Um...

games with continuing storyline use numbers to keep the progress on track, for some of them are just plain confusing. for example there is no clear reason why Metal Gear Solid Portabel Ops isnt called MGS4 and MGS4 isnt called MGS5...

Portable ops is not in the same timeline as the MGS series. Same characters different story. Sort-of like Fallout: BoS vs. 1,2 and 3.

Actually, there was a GT4 Prologue as well. Therefore;
GT4p was actually GT4
GT4 was actually GT5
GT5p was actually GT6
and soon GT5 will be GT7

Um...

You forgot GT HD concept so GT5P is GT7 and GT5 will be GT8. I wouldn't be surprised if we missed something else.

New video about the VS shootout..
starts after 3 minute mark.

I also added it to 1st page.. what you think?

Portable ops is not in the same timeline as the MGS series. Same characters different story. Sort-of like Fallout: BoS vs. 1,2 and 3.

You thinking metal gear ac!d and ac!d 2, these two are parallel universe to MGS series, MGS POS is actually a proper MGS series installment, it continues the story a few years after MGS3.

You forgot GT HD concept so GT5P is GT7 and GT5 will be GT8. I wouldn't be surprised if we missed something else.

you can say that. but in the grand scheme of things they dont matter, because at the time they were not the only sim racer for PS2, they were meant for a niche marcket, most people who generally like racing games but had no special love for GT series didnt buy them,

GT5P is different, it is currently the only decent sim racing, audiance base is much larger and therefore up for comparisons.

As I own GT5P, Forza 2, RacePro and have played all these games extensively I feel im a better judge than those on the video.

For starters I didn't watch all the video because once they said the physics are better on Forza 2 I stopped watching. This is laughable and you only need to look at the leaderboards on FM2 in A,B,C class to see how the muscle cars dominate the tracks by remaining in the same gear for the entire lap!!

As im a keen hotlapper im of the opinion that its only when you hotlap do you really appreciate the physics of the game engine. This is where Prologue excels over FM2 as you seem rewarded far more for taking the correct racing line. For example when hotlapping on GT5P on Suzuka E you can really make full use of the rumble strips to give you a straighter line. On FM2 you have to avoid the rumble strips like the plague because the slightest touch causes your car to fly off the track.

Let me put it this way I love GT5P and Forza 2 for different reasons and generally have no bias between each console. However when GT5 is released my Xbox 360 will be traded in and I shall cancel my xbox live subscription.

GT1-GT1
GT2-GT2
GT3-GT2000 (GT3 never came out lol)
GT4-GT3
GT5-GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva
GT6-GT4P
GT7-GT4 VW Lupo Racin Demo
GT8-GT4 BMW Virtual Test Drive
GT9-GT4
GT10-GTHD
GT11-GTHD Premium
GT11.5-GTHD Classic
GT12-GTHD Concept
GT13-GTHD Le MansAudi Special Edition
GT14-GT5P
GT15-GT5P Spec III

Something like that?

Well they are right, prolouge is not a demo. Cant understand why some say that.? Have a racing demo ever had over 50 cars? But of course its not a full GT game either.

Because thats the best discription for it.
The game gives you a limited demonstration of what GT5 will be.

But never mind what it should be called, its not the full GT5 thats all.

I like to think of it as a "Gamma" test, lol. Its not a beta, its certainly not an alpha but it isn't a demo either. Its a public release that gives the public a taste of things to come but doesn't represent the finished product while at the same time tests various things and uses the feedback to alter the finished game (such as the online mode).

you can say that. but in the grand scheme of things they dont matter, because at the time they were not the only sim racer for PS2, they were meant for a niche marcket, most people who generally like racing games but had no special love for GT series didnt buy them,

GT5P is different, it is currently the only decent sim racing, audiance base is much larger and therefore up for comparisons.

I see, so there are a set of rules which dictate that GT5p is named wrong. But the rules don't apply to games in the past and may not apply to games in the future. In fact, the games which need to be renamed are decided ultimately by yourself.

So, in the future Sony and PD's marketing department can come to you and you decide what the game should be called based on an illogical system.

Or we accept that it is indeed a prologue game since it is an introduction to what GT5 will be...

I like to think of it as a "Gamma" test, lol. Its not a beta, its certainly not an alpha but it isn't a demo either. Its a public release that gives the public a taste of things to come but doesn't represent the finished product while at the same time tests various things and uses the feedback to alter the finished game (such as the online mode).

How about: Demo++ :)

Well I think it's more of a.......... Prologue.... huh?

It's name holds the key.

Either way its not a full game.
I am not pissed that overal score of GT5P was way lower over foraza..

But I am pissed that they think Physics are more realistic in Forza over GT5P?

They can think what they want of GT5p being a demo or a full game or a prologue or whatever but... they cannot... by any means think the FM2 has better physics. That is crossing the line. There are a tone of things FM2 does better than GT5p and GT in general but one of them is not physics (the way the cars drive and how that is translated to the player). Not only that, FM2 has some of the worst track recreations I have ever seen. GRiD has more accurately rendered tracks. The tracks are flat and in a lot of cases inaccurate. I have to stop myself from ranting right now or else I will never stop. ugh having a bad day... I am afraid ch7 may be in my parents future... ugh.

Forza 2's physics are pretty good, but I think PD has surpassed them. The driving feel in GT5:P is just so much more natural, and much closer to that of what it's like to be on a race track.
Forza 2's tracks though are not poor because of the bumps, but because some of them are awful replicas of the real tracks. The 'Ring is a disgrace, more similar to PGR2's than the real deal.

Yeah Forza2 is only EYE candy because you can turn on the SPECS on the screen but for real physics and feel GT5P is better. As well I watch iRacing Daytona road and GT5P daytona road.. they seem very very very simular..

Forza2 tracks are ok.. but at same time rFactors tracks are better, and most are modded by a person or two.. its that bad.

Yet funny think how they think Forza has better physics.. MY A$$!!!

Last edited:
Reventón;3380719
Aren't iRacing & PD's Daytona's laser-scanned?

100% every iRacing track is Laser Scanned..

for PD I do not know.. but it looks so..

iRacing is planning to have tracks all over the world.. So once they do Fuji and Suzuka, we can compare both games.. Or once GT5 comes out with American tracks.

Oh its funny how one of the MOST important aspects of Racing game is NOT damage, not physics but even TRACKS them self.. other then iRacing, GT5 does MIGHTY great job with reperesetning them.. how else would you learn.. I do not know why SRT did not mention that..

they only play each game 8 hours each.. so lame..

http://a.imagehost.org/0182/GT5P-FM2-RealLifeSuzuka.jpg

Last edited:
Some of the pics in the comparison are wrong, they show completely different corners in some of the Prologue shots. :lol:

Forza2 tracks are ok.. but at same time rFactors tracks are better, and most are modded by a person or two.. its that bad.

Looks like you are very familiar with every racing track worldwide.

Dude, rFactor creators don't have money to even get real cars in game. They don't have money to wonder all around the world either. LOL

All Forza 2 tracks are in range 20 cm horizontal/10 cm vertical precision.

Back