Inside Sim Racing video. GT5P vs Forza 2 Now with new 2nd video!!!!

• Thread starter Kryz11
  • 301 comments

Rate the "VS"

• No Rating: There should be no comparison one is full game one is not.. etc please explain in full.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • 1 Stars

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • 2 Stars

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • 3 Stars

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • 4Stars

• 5 Stars

• Total voters
All Forza 2 tracks are in range 20 cm horizontal/10 cm vertical precision.
Wrong. Forza 2's Nurburgring is shown to be around 2 miles longer than it should be. Most of the turns & straights are also much to wide or narrow in parts where they should not be. The rumble strips on the course are also a foot too high.

That's nowhere near being within the precision you claim it is.

Reventón;3381831

Every real track in Forza 2 was measured with GPS on both sides with such precision. And all objects close to track including trees.

And just for information: there are no "miles" inside X360, PS3 or PC. You put some arbitrary scaled track, set your real ingame car speed, also known as "sense of speed", and calibrate speedometer reading accordingly.

Face it otago, Forza circuits are wrong and not too precise.. They are off.

rFacotr MOD tracks, there are good teams out there that take EXTRA TIME and effort to bring real life physics and tracks, rFactor even has few LASER SCANNED tracks.

Here is BEST comparision about PHYSICS and TRACK DESIGN..

PRESS PLAY AT THE SAME TIME...

Notice the RADICAL CAR is damn fast in real life and should EAT that car in FM2.. yet in game it can not handle some hatchbacks? FORZA 2 is LAME!!!!

iRacing 100% accurate, its all Laser Scanned. Forza 2 on Right side

GT5P Suzuka / Real life Suzuka
VS
Forza 2 Suzuka

And you say FM2 is accurate?

How about the ALLMIGHTLY NUR-RING?

Real Life Skpip to 3:50 Minutes part
GT4

FM2 (M3 Stock)

In the end, do not say FM2 is SO ACCURATE, because its way off. Also do not say I know all the tracks in the world, but a quick research makes a good seance of its own.

Last edited:
iracing costs ten times the money that forza 2 costs you muppet.

thank you for calling me a Muppet.. It's funny to point out silly names because you feel like so..

It's just a reference how way OFF FM2 is off with track and PHYSICS.. and Somehow iRacing guys say once they go to play GT5P they say they feel right at home..

Microsoft PAYS FM2 team MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars to create such game.. yet iRacing game has less members and no one pays them to do it just the people that buy the game.

Every real track in Forza 2 was measured with GPS on both sides with such precision. And all objects close to track including trees.
Then they did a ****ty job.
Forza 2 does not have very accurate tracks. I've run the Nurburgring in a Mini & ridden shotgun in a 308 GTS years ago. Forza 2 does not have an accurate 'Ring. It's a disgrace.

It's just like the physics engine. Turn10 says it makes sorts of calculations, and yet, it still lacks in realism next to PC simulators.
And just for information: there are no "miles" inside X360, PS3 or PC. You put some arbitrary scaled track, set your real ingame car speed, also known as "sense of speed", and calibrate speedometer reading accordingly.
Regardless, Forza 2's 'Ring is estimated to just be 2 miles too long.

Forza 2's 'Ring and a few other tracks are just not as accurate as Turn10 claim.

Exacly, once again.. PD and FM2 guys get pay BIG BUCKS from SONY and Microsoft to create top quality games. So it does not matter if they cost 10 times less then iRacing or other games.

GT4 Release date February 22, 2005
GT5 Still in Making.. over 4 years.. 5 years in 2010!!!!!
PD takes time to make sure cars, physics, and tracks are as accurate as ever they developed, Kaz himself Sets the dates with SONY when game will be done and perfect for HIS standards, not SONY's.

FM1 release date May 3, 2005
FM2 release date May 29, 2007
WOW only two years to develop a NEXT GEN GAME? It should be FM1.5 It's like they listen to Microsoft and not their own BOSS. Maybe they dont care?
Oh yeah FM3 is said to be out by end of this year or Early next.. 2-2.5 year in making.. WOW.. another Failure that looks good?

Like my father use to say about some things that are rushed..

It's like S***T (doodoo) coverd with golder wrapping paper, it looks good on surface, but over time you can smell it, and once unwrapped its horrible.

It's just an example that RUSHED products do not tend to give perfect looking cars, physics, and tracks.

PS. Dates are from IGN. SO they could be US or JP release dates.. I don't know.. its only few months apart between the two countries.

Last edited:
The amount of fanboyism in this thread is quite sickening, more than usual for GTPlanet and thats saying something. :yuck:

I suppose old arguments really do never die.

Forza 2 is a pretty nice game (FM1 is a piece of carp in comparison), but it really is one of the least accurate in many respects. Not just tracks, but car models as well. Many are pretty accurate, like the Celica is a fat wedge, and the Corvettes which look pretty close and compact. Others... not so much. The Nissan Silvia looks fat and kind of dumpy rather than thin and sleek. The Toyota Supra MkIII looks long and thick rather than short and bullet-like, and the same for the classic Mustangs which look larger than the new model. And the Skyline R33 looks like a Buick rather than a chunky but muscular sports sedan. Turn 10 can say all they want that they started from scratch with the car models for FM2, but they're the exact same ones from Forza 1.

I love those videos. They show off the contrasts and similarities very well. But I have to remark on one thing:

The tire sounds in iRacing sound like GT4! Oh, the humanity. :D

The amount of fanboyism in this thread is quite sickening, more than usual for GTPlanet and thats saying something. :yuck:

It's not fanboyism. It is a straight fact that the Nurburgring and a few of the courses in Forza 2 are just not accurate.

Reventón;3382710
It's not fanboyism. It is a straight fact that the Nurburgring and a few of the courses in Forza 2 are just not accurate.

See? I don't even have to say who I'm addressing here even though I was actually thinking of the Forza side more.
This has been argued to death before and 90% of what is being argued is just opinions anyway.

The fact people get so wound up about 1 person's video review is silly frankly.

Of cours guys Forza Motor Sport 2 is good game on its onw, but calling it a SIM and REALLY GOOD game, its just not true, its just an RUSHED experiance.. I would understand it was an XBOX game, not Xbox 360 game.

Last edited:
PS. Dates are from IGN. SO they could be US or JP release dates.. I don't know.. its only few months apart between the two countries.

US dates, GT4 was first released in Japan December 2004.

And the Skyline R33 looks like a Buick rather than a chunky but muscular sports sedan.

Have you got an pic of the R33 in Forza 2? I was under the impression they only modelled R32 and R34.

See? I don't even have to say who I'm addressing here even though I was actually thinking of the Forza side more.
This has been argued to death before and 90% of what is being argued is just opinions anyway.

The fact people get so wound up about 1 person's video review is silly frankly.
It's not an opinion. It is a fact that FM2's 'Ring is not accurate. You can resort to the fanboy excuse like most people who can't accept the truth.

As for the review, I couldn't care less. I never watched the video to begin nor do I have any want to participate in another GT vs. Forza argument. But, I don't sit back and let someone try to say FM2 has accurate tracks. I would know for considering how much time I continue to put into it than GT.

PD takes time to make sure cars, physics, and tracks are as accurate as ever they developed, Kaz himself Sets the dates with SONY when game will be done and perfect for HIS standards, not SONY's.

Don't tell me about PD standarts. After such **** as GT4 I expected GT5 will be like NFS Carbon or something.

So Prologue was a good surprise, looks like Forza 1 pushed PD to finally work a bit on physics and stuff, wich were completely absent in GT4.

Every time I see "real driving simulator" on GT4 box I'm laughing half an hour long. Yes, it was so bad.

Reventón;3382830
It's not an opinion. It is a fact that FM2's 'Ring is not accurate. You can resort to the fanboy excuse like most people who can't accept the truth.

As for the review, I couldn't care less. I never watched the video to begin nor do I have any want to participate in another GT vs. Forza argument. But, I don't sit back and let someone try to say FM2 has accurate tracks. I would know for considering how much time I continue to put into it than GT.

👍
Exactly
We just can not let it go, especially when this is Gran Turismo Forums..

Funny how we always give PROOF that GT5P is way better over FM2 with physics, tracks, graphics, and what not.. yet some guy comes over and still says otherwise.

Reventón;3382887
Better make yourself an appointment with your eye doctor, then. :sly:

LOL!

Yeah I posted the videos so people can really see the difference.. You can PAUSE each video at same turn(s) and stop for few seconds and differences become so clear..

I still LAUGH a Tuned Hatchback is faster then Radical V8 car.. HAHAHHAH!!!

Does the Radical V8 holds the LAP record at the Nurburgring? If so its wrong, because according to SIM like Physics those Hatchbacks in the videos should be way faster. HAHA!

Last edited:
LOL!

Yeah I posted the videos so people can really see the difference..

I really don't care about your rFactor videos. What they supposed to prove? If you think that Laguna Seca in rFactor "laser scanned", sorry to disappoint you - it's not.

I care what I see for myself. This is exactly same what I see in Forza 2 on Nurburgring, 1:1 copy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JSrm83uPKo

So I know for sure that Turn 10 did all this measurements and how they did this. Have no information about how other developers put tracks in game.

Last edited:
Reventón;3382830

👍
Exactly
We just can not let it go, especially when this is Gran Turismo Forums..

Funny how we always give PROOF that GT5P is way better over FM2 with physics, tracks, graphics, and what not.. yet some guy comes over and still says otherwise.

I was commenting on the entire thread and the original post, not your specific argument about the Nurburgring. I'd be very interested to see where in my post I mentioned anything about your little argument over track representation. I didn't.

Personally, I don't like Forza at all, but its my opinion and I don't feel like arguing over it with people who love Forza as there is nothing to prove wrong.

I really don't care about your rFactor videos. What they supposed to prove? If you think that Laguna Seca in rFactor "laser scanned", sorry to disappoint you - it's not.

I care what I see for myself. This is exactly same what I see in Forza 2 on Nurburgring, 1:1 copy

So I know for sure that Turn 10 did all this measurements and how they did this. Have no information about how other developers put tracks in game.

It's iRacing not rFactor.. another proof you don't research and read what everyone writes..

Yeah Laser scanned Track. So the car scale and in game scale is really 1:1

Then again, check with your eye doctor because it is not 1:1.

The basic layout? Sure, but every game has gotten the 'Rings layout right. It's all the little details that are wrong. The Karussell for example, is much to big in Forza 2. The entrance isn't smooth at all, so whether you come from the side or go straight into it, the car drops down into it. It's the same coming out of it. The reason being is that Turn10 did not get the correct elevation of the entrance/exit to this corner.

The following turns from Wipperman to Pflantzgarten I are also wrong. They're not smooth at all in Forza 2, and it's nearly impossible to even try. You could say this is due to the physics or difficulty, but it's not. In reality, this area is slightly wider on the track, and any car under 200Hp can coast through these turns as if on a rollercoaster. On Forza 2, however, it's hard to do because Eschbach is too arched at the apex.

BTW, just give you an impression of just how wrong the Karussell is.
2765350200_7097318cb6.jpg

6hfrxah.jpg

In real life, that corner can not have 2 cars side by side because the curve isn't wide enough. Notice in Forza 2, it can, very easily. Just from these pictures you should also be able to see than even the outside of the turn is too wide. Let's not also forget that in FM2, for some strange reason, there's a flat piece of road in between the turn & the curb.
I was commenting on the entire thread and the original post, not your specific argument about the Nurburgring. I'd be very interested to see where in my post I mentioned anything about your little argument over track representation. I didn't.
That's why you said this?
This was directly after I told you it isn't fanboyism to point out the flaws. But, your remark insisted that I was regardless.

Last edited:
Reventón;3383661
That's why you said this?

This was directly after I told you it isn't fanboyism to point out the flaws. But, your remark insisted that I was regardless.

You were the one so quick to assume I was referring to you and your small argument when I had not mentioned it, nor quoted it nor referred to you or anyone related to it.

The Forza 'Ring really baffles me. I don't know if it's because Turn 10 is held hostage by the drifter gangs or what, but it seems that every track is drift friendly, including the Nurb. But all their talk about how they did everything in Forza 2 from scratch just flies in the face of the exact same car models with more polys, and the same old tracks, including the Nurb model.

You were the one so quick to assume I was referring to you and your small argument when I had not mentioned it, nor quoted it nor referred to you or anyone related to it.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that your post was directed at me.

The only discussion that had been taking place was the realism of the tracks, which had been going on since Page 12. You had this post right before it started.
I like to think of it as a "Gamma" test, lol. Its not a beta, its certainly not an alpha but it isn't a demo either. Its a public release that gives the public a taste of things to come but doesn't represent the finished product while at the same time tests various things and uses the feedback to alter the finished game (such as the online mode).

Your next post came directly into the discussion.
The amount of fanboyism in this thread is quite sickening, more than usual for GTPlanet and thats saying something.

It was directed at Nox, Otago, & I. You're being called out on it, and now acting as if it was directed towards the whole thread. If this is so, why didn't you make the post earlier?

Because it isn't directed towards the thread, just our current discussion.

By the way, I'd intended to find that very pic of the RX-7 on the Karussell and a real life pic to compare it to but it took too long to find, and I wanted to get some gaming in.

And blast me, I decided to try Ferrari Challenge again today. I forgot how oversteery it is, courtesy of Forza 2 physics, and first race I entered was a rain track. I got oversteered right off the track and straight into last place. I doubt I'll play it again for several months. Total waste of time. :grumpy:

Reventón;3383690
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that your post was directed at me.

The only discussion that had been taking place was the realism of the tracks, which had been going on since Page 12. You had this post right before it started.

Your next post came directly into the discussion.

It was directed at Nox, Otago, & I. You're being called out on it, and now acting as if it was directed towards the whole thread. If this is so, why didn't you make the post earlier?

Because it isn't directed towards the thread, just our current discussion.

I agree.. That guy came in the forum and blasted everyone with a word FANBOY.. And yeah, it was twords me , you and otago. That Fanboy comment was really childish and stupid. Even tho we are fans of each game, and one another tries to prove the other wrong, its not like we HATE each other its just how it is, a never ending war.. We believe this, other person believes that.. It's just stupid and childish to come over and drop a bombshell like FANBOY into it..

I am just tired of haring it..

Back