Intercontinental GT500 Championship Season Two | Race 6 @ Tokyo | **SIGNUPS OPEN**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Arkano5
  • 1,084 comments
  • 53,120 views
Room is now open for anyone who wants to practice, I got some sort of stomach ache so I be a bit on and off, just hope I get well enough before the race tonight.
 
I don't know if I'll be in the race tonight, still got loads to do in the house. I'll be racing if we're finished in time but it doesn't look likely. :(
 
Race starts in 50 minutes.
 
We'll scrap the ballast system. Clearly people aren't understanding how it should work and to be quite honest, I'm dead tired of all the complaining.

Other than the complaining, the race for me actually went quite well. Planned for a three stopper but saw that my tyres would last for a two stopper. Pitted first on lap 22 for softs and then again on lap 45/46 for hards. Erik almost caught me at the end but span at the fast chicane-esque corner. Almost caught GP in the end, but I was fine and happy to finish fourth. My times were super consistent too, that made me really happy.

Onwards to Season 2 and Suzuka now! My 'GT5 break' is over now, so I'll be on throughout the week to practice :sly:
 
Arkano,

You totally misjudged the ballast system.
The Supra car weights 1150kg. All the cars their min. is 1100kg
So if somebody has a ballast of 95kg. The total weight of the car is 1195kg.
You gave me a total ballast of 1240kg...:sick:

A yellow hat gtr with a ballast of 30kg has 604pp, total weight 1130kg
A motul gtr is standard 1130kg = 604pp.

So if you mean that every car has the extra success ballast, without dealing with the standard weight, nobody will drive the heavier one's :town:

I don't get it what happened this race...
 
Ye I wanted to drive the motul because the ballast system, but now I'm going to get double punished because someone cant calculate.. cmon if no ballast system motul are just stupid to use.. I sign up with the Xanavi again then.
 
We'll scrap the ballast system. Clearly people aren't understanding how it should work and to be quite honest, I'm dead tired of all the complaining.

Who didn't understand this?
 
Crappy race for me. Didn't enjoy at all...

Looking forward to Suzuka.
 
Common guys, we are grows up peoples. We are racing to long together and had so much fun.
The ballast system is fine. Just put it on total weight.
have you tried a supra with 1240kg? so fun (not) It's just 1,2s slower than a standard gtr :)
 
Arkano,

You totally misjudged the ballast system.
The Supra car weights 1150kg. All the cars their min. is 1100kg
So if somebody has a ballast of 95kg. The total weight of the car is 1195kg.
You gave me a total ballast of 1240kg...:sick:

A yellow hat gtr with a ballast of 30kg has 604pp, total weight 1130kg
A motul gtr is standard 1130kg = 604pp.

So if you mean that every car has the extra success ballast, without dealing with the standard weight, nobody will drive the heavier one's :town:

I don't get it what happened this race...

The ballast was supposed to be added to the stock weight of each car. There was never a 'standard weight' set for anything. And if you all remember, I said at the beginning of the week that we'd try this method out after trying out the other method last week at Indy Road.

This is what the pre-season is for, testing.

So we'll go back to the way we had it at Indy Road. It's better to at least have the system in place one way or another.

Who didn't understand this?

It would be unfair to name names.

---------------------

The car you use for the Suzuka weekend, will be the car you will be stuck with for the rest of the season, so make sure you choose wisely this week ;) Everyone is on a clean sheet next week too, no ballast, no penalties, everything from the start again.
 
Last edited:
Onwards to Season 2 and Suzuka now! My 'GT5 break' is over now, so I'll be on throughout the week to practice :sly:


I thought there would be a other practise session next week? Well i hope so becaus next week i have a weddingparty so i wont race.


Rome is in my opinion not a 'NSX track'? anyway i did a great start like always, in the first 10 laps i was in the middle of the pack. I gave and taked some bumps. For some reason when someone is behind me i am starting to drive like a real idiot. i am always nervous and making to much mistakes(specially in the last corner going wide). Maybe i am looking to much behind me. after 13 laps my tyres were completely gone. Lost alot of time and needed to pit early. My second stint was on hards. I had some problems first but then i got used to it. My third stint went perfect. i had the feeling i could drive the half race on that set of tires. they lasted very good, i was driving very nice, i even did the fastest lap of the race. Still i pitted a 3th time just to be sure i did make it. When i saw i could't get Kyaw back at 2 or laps befor the end i even pitted a 4th time. trying to beat my own best lap, but becaus of traffic it did't wor out. If i hadn't pushed at the beginning to much i could do a easy 2 stopper. ah well, next time better.


Why has everybody have to complain about evry single track/car/rule/ballast. Get over it, have some fun. If somebody has the right to complain its me. i am to one who got lapped every week :)
 
Last edited:
I thought there would be a other practise session next week? Well i hope so becaus next week i have a weddingparty so i wont race.

It's up in the air, I don't mind. I'd like to have as many people here as possible for the first race since ... it's the first race :dopey:

I'm happy to start a week later and do Nurburgring GP/F next week as a final pre-season race to finalise everything we have (BALLAST).
 
I got it wrong then. I just took the supra today, to test again, not to gain advantage. I don't care about winning or losing a championship. If i had good races and fun it's all okay for me.
 
5KiWj.png


Final results for the pre-season and Rome.

GP got pole and Immortal got the fastest lap with a 1:02.632.

I gave ImmortalPilot a 50-second penalty for not using the Racing Hard tyre. From now onwards, not using the hard tyre will result in a disqualification.

When do people want to start the second season? We can either start next week on the 27th, or we can start on the 3rd. For me it makes no difference, choose whichever is best for you and we'll go with the majority.
 
i vote for september becaus i can't race next week.
 
Last edited:
Just a question to Maxitsu, why did you run "over" me in lap 49, OK I touched the barrier before you hit me, but I did not spin behind Arkano, I fought for 4th position and you destroyed that opportunity. And you where a lap behind...
 
Just a question to Maxitsu, why did you run "over" me in lap 49, OK I touched the barrier before you hit me, but I did not spin behind Arkano, I fought for 4th position and you destroyed that opportunity. And you where a lap behind...

I must have missed this, I'll run through the replay again tomorrow and watch this.
 
No need really. It was only a pre season race and the last one.
 
So we'll go back to the way we had it at Indy Road. It's better to at least have the system in place one way or another.

Well then I stick with the Motul GT-R 👍
 
Just a question to Maxitsu, why did you run "over" me in lap 49, OK I touched the barrier before you hit me, but I did not spin behind Arkano, I fought for 4th position and you destroyed that opportunity. And you where a lap behind...

When you hit the wall, the speed diffrence was to big and i could't avoid you. to be honest i was "sleeping" when i saw you struggling it was already to late. when i noticed i hadn't even the time to go left or brake. Not sure if could avoid you when anticipating better, i have to see the replay again. sorry anyways.
Arkano can judge that, no probs. pre season or not 👍
 
Well then I stick with the Motul GT-R 👍

When a Motul driver comes third, do they not receive any ballast? Because that completely defeats the object of having the success ballast system in place.
 
No problem Maxi, but as you self describe it you were "sleeping" I think there is something in the rules about being carefully when you ride someones bumper :) Sleeping isn't consider careful :) But I did hit the wall before you hit me and I'm partly to blame myself. Wasn't my agenda to go after you, but I would think it will be cool if it didn't happen to often, at least when we are almost done racing and you are a lap behind. It's not like you going to get back in the fight at this moment. I'm just glad Kyaw couldn't catch me after this.
 
When a Motul driver comes third, do they not receive any ballast? Because that completely defeats the object of having the success ballast system in place.

And when a Motul driver comes 6th or 7th or 8th he still have the ballast


Edit: It will be like a Calsonic driver adding 30kg to his car, when he finish third he doesn't have to add anything (more). If you actually tested the Motul you would know this. Add 30kg to ANY GT-R and its just the same car as the Motul.
 
Last edited:
Sorry lads, Hangover!

Will be there next week!

Anyone posting replay?
 
Arkano6 - Calsonic Impul GT-R
Phil_75 - Xanavi GT-R
Joey975 - Takata Dome NSX
ErikAndre71 - Motul Autech GT-R
CaptainFalcon89 - Raybrig NSX
Netherdragon - Castrol Toms Supra
Kyaw25 - Arta NSX
GP-CiaN - Yellowhat GT-R
IMMORTALPILOT - Takata Dome NSX
Maxitsu - Arta NSX
zzxxz - Calsonic Impul GT-R
 
Arkano6 - Calsonic Impul GT-R
Phil_75 - Xanavi Nismo GT-R ‘08
Joey975 - Takata Dome NSX
ErikAndre71 - Xanavi Nismo GT-R ‘08
CaptainFalcon89 - Raybrig NSX
Netherdragon - Castrol Toms Supra
Kyaw25 - Arta NSX
GP-CiaN - Yellowhat GT-R
IMMORTALPILOT - Takata Dome NSX
Maxitsu - Arta NSX
zzxxz - Calsonic Impul GT-R
 
Arkano did you notice we had only a 24 minute qualy? when i could join the track the qualy was already 6 minutes underway. I was ready to start my third stint in qualy on a new set of tyres when the race started. Just asking ? :)
 
Arkano did you notice we had only a 24 minute qualy? when i could join the track the qualy was already 6 minutes underway. I was ready to start my third stint in qualy on a new set of tyres when the race started. Just asking ? :)

Ah sorry about that, getting people on track took longer than it should have and I was completely disorganised.

VOTING POLL FOR CHAMPIONSHIP START
 
Last edited:
Back